User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Feb 2006, 17:50   #1
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about
Job, what do you do?

So, i was reading the other topic about the guy who lost his job and it makes me think of living standarts and stuff like that.

Dont you guys be affraid of not having a good and stable incoming to support your family, kids and all that crap? Sometimes i think that and i get depressed

Im a musician btw...
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 17:51   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Job, what do you do?

I drink guinness professionally.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 17:54   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I dont expect to have kids or a family so that probably isnt important.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:00   #4
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

I am a self employed telemarketer, I don't do residential it is business to business and I flog labelling and barcoding solutions to factories and warehouses for one client at the moment. I get paid £2700 for 10 days work, but I don't have any real security as I only find out month to month if I am still working for them.

It is going well but my GF wants to move to Birmingham and get a place with me and I don't know if I should try and buy a property because the work could just stop at any time and I'm not really up to the eyeballs with qualifications (although I have been to Hamburger University :eek: ) and would never be able to earn this amount of money again.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:01   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
I am a self employed telemarketer.
kill yourself
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:04   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's never really occurred to me.

I post on an internet forum for money so I'm doing ok financially.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:04   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
kill yourself
You're not expecting to ever have kids?

What are you hoping to do with your future?

(not being accusatory)
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:06   #8
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

What are you hoping to do with your future?
Life Coach?
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:22   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You'll turn in to a bitter, fat, ugly, smoking, grey haired lesbian midget who hates men and become one of the middle-management?
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:23   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

While I have friends / loved ones I never seriously worry about losing everything. There are at least 20-30 people I could turn to if I lost my home & job. Also, unless the economy turned drastically worse, I think as a reasonably educated/healthy male in his twenties there will often be work available for people like me. Even if it was cleaning toilets or whatnot, I'm not particularly proud.

I currently work in housing (which is a pretty solid area of work in the UK) so I doubt my firm will go bust any time soon. I could be fired if anyone of about 10 things were discovered by my employers, but I doubt it'll come to that. My job title is Property Information Analyst but basically I just go round solving mysteries, fighting injustices and producing stock condition information about 1960's built local authority housing.

I do a second job for a University which I'm not dependent on so I wouldn't care if I got fired.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:33   #11
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Isn't it about time you got over Jenny and got on with your life?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:43   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacK_Bengudo
Dont you guys be affraid of not having a good and stable incoming to support your family, kids and all that crap?
It's not that hard to get a job that pays enough to live.
finding something you want to do and where you want to do it is a different thing.

I don't like people worrying about money, they should worry about being happy first.
If I'm ever not happy I will do something about it... (yes I know it's easy enough to say it blah blah)

But yeh, i guess i'm in a kind of careerish thing now so I worry even less....

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:54   #13
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
so, what you expect for your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
It's not that hard to get a job that pays enough to live.
finding something you want to do and where you want to do it is a different thing.

I don't like people worrying about money, they should worry about being happy first.
If I'm ever not happy I will do something about it... (yes I know it's easy enough to say it blah blah)

But yeh, i guess i'm in a kind of careerish thing now so I worry even less....
well, money makes ppl happy, if i had enough money to buy a new setup for me, a car and a house i would be much happier. Im doing what i like, but its a little instable and thats really worries me.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:55   #14
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Isn't it about time you got over Jenny and got on with your life?
I dont plan to always be single (I have a girlfriend ) but I'm not going to get married or anything like that. Kids are shit and family life sounds horrific.

Quote:
so, what you expect for your life?
who knows
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:01   #15
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
well, money makes ppl happy, if i had enough money to buy a new setup for me, a car and a house i would be much happier. Im doing what i like, but its a little instable and thats really worries me.
it makes things easier but it doesn't make you happy, that you have to do for yourself.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:08   #16
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

I just fly around all day.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:09   #17
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

Quote:
I dont plan to always be single (I have a girlfriend ) but I'm not going to get married or anything like that. Kids are shit and family life sounds horrific.
well, the married life sounds pretty horrible, imagina having sex with the same person "for the rest of your life" if that aint boring i dont know what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
it makes things easier but it doesn't make you happy, that you have to do for yourself.
the only thing at the moment that makes me unhappy is the lack of money and not being able to go out every night and party like it wouldnt have a tomorrow, execept that im pretty happy...
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:12   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I sell mobile phones, and cry at how shit the job is.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:13   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
(I have a girlfriend )
No. ****ing. Way.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:21   #20
Nodrog

dont be mean
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:23   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
dont be mean
How did you ask her out. "Hi I'm Gordon Ross, you may have heard of me from such internet forums as Planetarion General Discussions and Something Awful, but I'm now I'm giving real life a go and I think you could be the girl for me?"
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:26   #22
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

who knows
I used to think that marriage was an obsolete institution, a relic of tradition. Then I met my wife and lived with her for 3 years unmarried and I began to become aware of a lack of 'legitimacy' of our relationship in the eyes of others and internally too. If something were to happen to me or her, for instance, I or her would not be recognized for the vital role we play in each others lives. This feeling grew to the point that I felt that it was unacceptable. I still think marriage is a clumsy and dated system, but I'm beginning to appreciate the sacred nature of it? I'm not sure. It's not what I thought it would be.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:29   #23
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
How did you ask her out. "Hi I'm Gordon Ross, you may have heard of me from such internet forums as Planetarion General Discussions and Something Awful, but I'm now I'm giving real life a go and I think you could be the girl for me?"
"Hello, My names Nodrog, as you probably know...
...My ****ing girlfriend I met through IRC, when I go to hers we basically just sit in the channel, we don't do anythin, we just sit talkin in IRC..."

Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:29   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I used to think that marriage was an obsolete institution, a relic of tradition. Then I met my wife and lived with her for 3 years unmarried and I began to become aware of a lack of 'legitimacy' of our relationship in the eyes of others and internally too. If something were to happen to me or her, for instance, I or her would not be recognized for the vital role we play in each others lives. This feeling grew to the point that I felt that it was unacceptable. I still think marriage is a clumsy and dated system, but I'm beginning to appreciate the sacred nature of it? I'm not sure. It's not what I thought it would be.
How shallow.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:30   #25
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
If something were to happen to me or her, for instance, I or her would not be recognized for the vital role we play in each others lives. This feeling grew to the point that I felt that it was unacceptable..
Well there are legal benefits such as those you mention, as well as tax issues. As long as decent prenups were drawn up I wouldnt say that there was anything wrong with marriage as such, I'm just not particularly attracted to the idea.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:32   #26
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I get loaned money by the government at a wonderful rate of interest to learn how to suck our country dry. I may be first up against the wall when the revolution comes, but hopefully I'll have earned enough to bribe them into not killing me. I piss most of this money up against the wall (literally, as it happened, last night), although a fair wad gets spunked at the University every year. The rest goes to that other lot sucking us dry - the student lettings market.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 19:51   #27
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I am unemployed. Hooray!
Offical advice recieved today from the Department of Social Welfare was that if I need money that I should sell my car. (This I listed as my only actual asset, which is true)
I would never have thought of that!
They won't be giving me any assistance until my documentation comes from my old employer, who (apparently) have a habit of 'forgetting' or losing them.

I don't particularly worry about losing everything and having no money, as that's what is happening now. I have enough to live on for about two weeks. I've survived it before, I'll survive it again.
Though the fact that I seem the be scrounging around on the bottom rung of society, only getting minimum wage jobs after spending 17 years in school is quite annoying. University told us we'd all get good jobs and be comfortable or rich.
The lied to us.
Who'd have thought.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:36   #28
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Well at the moment I scrounge off my parents and top this up working for a couple of months each summer as an auditor. From next September though I'll be doing that full time with Deloitte, hopefully.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:41   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I am a local level environmental taxman. I answer letters of complaint that has to do with taxes a waterboard send out. Partly I am also that guy that sends out taxcollectors towards people that aren't paying their taxes in a legit way.

I don't believe in marriage but I would like to get a kid (daughter preferably) one day.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 8 Feb 2006 at 22:23.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:43   #30
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I am a local level environmental taxman..
Quote:
kill yourself
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:48   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I am a local level environmental taxman.
I don't believe you, you just made that up didn't you?
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:54   #32
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm doing a law conversion course this year, then the Bar course next year, then a year of pupillage on pretty much minimum wage. I may have a "good and stable income" by about 2019. If I'm lucky.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 21:03   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm playing Psychonauts professionally.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 21:24   #34
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

but, who pays for your bills then? you? your parents?
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 21:35   #35
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How shallow.
It's not shallow at all. When the part of your life that youc are most about is treated as insignifcant or 'less' than what you think it really is, it's really frustrating with your daily interactions with other people. It's like discrimination. It's not shallow at all.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 21:46   #36
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I don't believe you, you just made that up didn't you?

What makes you think I am making that up?

It's not the first time I am telling this is it?
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 22:13   #37
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
So, i was reading the other topic about the guy who lost his job and it makes me think of living standarts and stuff like that.

Dont you guys be affraid of not having a good and stable incoming to support your family, kids and all that crap? Sometimes i think that and i get depressed

Im a musician btw...
Maybe you should write a song about it.

PS. Job farmed cattle.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 22:44   #38
Ste
Bored

Quote:
I would like to get a kid (daughter preferably)
paging dace to thread #whateveritis

Unread 8 Feb 2006, 23:01   #39
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

I provide level 3 support for a firewall company. My most magnificent job title is "Network Security Admin" I usually just tell people im a computer geek cause its a whole lot easier for humanity to understand.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 23:08   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
but, who pays for your bills then? you? your parents?
I work on commission!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 23:56   #41
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I work with kids, aged 6-10. After school, so the hours fit me perfectly, and even if the salary is piss and the job is very stressfull sometimes, I get paid to drink coco and play with lego so I should not really complain. Im going to get a "better" job when I finish with the whole school thing (9 exams in may/june).
I also work in a kitchen, but I dont get money for it and its not really a job, as theres no contract, bosses, schedules or anything.

Im not afraid of not getting money, as I dont need that much. My plan is to raise enough to move to eastasia with my best friend and open a bar and live off that. You know, charging outrageous prices and serving pisswarm beer to stupid yanks and other tourists
And I will never get married, if not for legal reasons (ie getting benefits). I want children, but i should find somebody to have them with before i go around wanting them i thinkt. And since I only fall in love with people I should not, and then always **** up, the future does not really look good in that department.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 23:57   #42
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
paging dace to thread #whateveritis

*made it quick as i could*
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 00:28   #43
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
I work with kids, aged 6-10. After school, so the hours fit me perfectly, and even if the salary is piss and the job is very stressfull sometimes, I get paid to drink coco and play with lego so I should not really complain. Im going to get a "better" job when I finish with the whole school thing (9 exams in may/june).
I also work in a kitchen, but I dont get money for it and its not really a job, as theres no contract, bosses, schedules or anything.

Im not afraid of not getting money, as I dont need that much. My plan is to raise enough to move to eastasia with my best friend and open a bar and live off that. You know, charging outrageous prices and serving pisswarm beer to stupid yanks and other tourists
And I will never get married, if not for legal reasons (ie getting benefits). I want children, but i should find somebody to have them with before i go around wanting them i thinkt. And since I only fall in love with people I should not, and then always **** up, the future does not really look good in that department.
are you a girl!? anyways, you dont want to have a good standard? Like a car, huge tv set, money to go out every weekend? I was thinking, maybe im being too capitalist but theres so much i want to buy

a bar is always a good idea btw
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 00:40   #44
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Im working in a software firm that produces law software to automate every aspect in all levels of public law stablishments, but unfortunantely im just a tester guy so Im not making much moneys from it.
Ive recently changed my schedule to work part time only so im earning a lot less. My plan was to be more happy by playing games and whatnot but it has failed miserably as games today are shit and apparently im growing too old to be entertained by them, so I´m just wasting my time.

The thing is that when graduate in Laws in brazil there is only one way to go: Public service. You have to become a state attourney, a judge or whatever otherwise chances are that you will live on scraps with the other bajillion lawyers outhere. The only way to enter the public sphere is by being approved in a test where there like 30.000 ( no fooling around) applicants for one vacant job spot, meaning you are going to study 15hrs a day for 3 to 5 years to make it. Im currently quite worried about that, and I dont think its worth the effort.
However, being poor sucks. A lot. Im prolly going to start some paralegal gig and see how it develops.
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 00:41   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
are you a girl!? anyways, you dont want to have a good standard? Like a car, huge tv set, money to go out every weekend?
A good standard what?

Money is useful because it enables you to do things. It enables you not to have to worry about things. But for actually buying things, it's pretty pointless. The first thing I did when I got the ability to borrow money was buy a CD player, a big TV, loads of computer stuff, books, DVDs etc. Once I had all the things I had wanted as a kid, I realised how rubbish it all was. Some stuff is useful, but things like "a big TV" isn't one of those things.

I certainly wouldn't want to have a car, it's just an obligation - something to worry about, and besides the only times I'd actually appreciate a car (coming home after a heavy night) are precisely the times you're not allowed to drive.

Once my debt has been cleared (probably about another ten years ) I'll probably cut my working hours by 40% and still live a pretty comfortable standard of living. I certainly won't be pining over any shit I don't own anymore.

Having said all of that, I'd quite like to be a professional criminal.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 00:54   #46
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Having said all of that, I'd quite like to be a professional criminal.

being pro-communist should be illegal so you're almost there*

*just keep dreamin' duder
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 00:58   #47
Dace
so f*cking zen

Ohhh yeah and as people here prolly most likely know i work in the passport office (as a team leader) MAKING PEOPLE'S DREAMS COME TRUE!
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 01:00   #48
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
The lied to us.
Who'd have thought.
It's called capitalism, and most of the stuff we have been told are lies.
Sorry mate.

And for the record, Im a student.
I only work in the summers, period.
I dont even want to work then, but I have to get some work experience.

So Im going to apply for the same job as last summer. Looking after kids and having hot co-workers.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 01:03   #49
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
are you a girl!? anyways, you dont want to have a good standard? Like a car, huge tv set, money to go out every weekend? I was thinking, maybe im being too capitalist but theres so much i want to buy
Why do you think I'm a girl? Do I seem very girly to you?

I have a good standard. But it's not that important, I would much rather live with the people I live with now and have a crappy tv then living alone in a palace.
I realized a long time ago that things dont really give happiness, neither does money. If you really want to get lots of money, it's not that hard. Wage-slaving to the max, or stressing your ass off selling drugs are two options that brings cash. However, I would much rather relax, work little and enjoy life then getting a hard job, lots of money and gadgets to use the few hours every day I would have to myself thank you.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 01:38   #50
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

I've just finished my undergraduate in Computer Science, preparing to start my MBA in September. I got a short term job since the 4th of january till next week, getting around 6k euros for the 5 weeks, doing logistics for transportation, accomodation, hours and operations management of 100 workers (now 60) at a worksite in Antwerp, Belgium. These workers are pipefitters, welders, painters, mechanics building modules of a large refinery for the norwegians (Aver Kvaerner).
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote