User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 15:55   #1
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts
france v brazil

I say a clear win for france.
the french have a very strong defence(thuram, gallas, abidale, sagnol) i dont think the brazilian attackers can do anything there.
The defensive midfield is very strong(viera , makele) they wil be able to neutralize ronaldhino and kaka.
The brazilian defence is relativley weak. they have old defenders(kafu and calros) , the defensive midfield is not stable(emerson, ze roberto) Emerson was very weak against australia. they will not be able to cover the holes left by ronaldinho and kaka.

I think this will be a clear victory for france.

Mankind is ready to enter the solar system
George W. Bush, in his speech about his space program
Perle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 16:02   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: france v brazil

Well, I have £5 on France to win the World Cup at 23-1 so I hope you're right.

(You're not though)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 16:03   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Kaka isnt playing; France have too many players that float in and out of games (Ribery, Malouda) and players that seem to underperform on the big stage (Vieira).

Kaka is out for brazil which is obviously a loss for them, but it undermines what you're saying about the spaces left by ronaldinho/kaka. Emerson probably wont make it so itll be ze roberto and gilberto i think

Brazil havent always looked immense, but they'll have too much for a french side that could only come second in a group that contained togo, south korea, and switzerland.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 16:17   #4
Perle

Perle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these partsPerle is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Well, I have £5 on France to win the World Cup at 23-1 so I hope you're right.

(You're not though)

wao those are real good odds. i have 5 euro on france for winning the wc and i only get 12-1

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 16:19   #5
Perle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Kaka isnt playing; France have too many players that float in and out of games (Ribery, Malouda) and players that seem to underperform on the big stage (Vieira).

Kaka is out for brazil which is obviously a loss for them, but it undermines what you're saying about the spaces left by ronaldinho/kaka. Emerson probably wont make it so itll be ze roberto and gilberto i think

Brazil havent always looked immense, but they'll have too much for a french side that could only come second in a group that contained togo, south korea, and switzerland.

well ur right about viera, but he has found his form. he did very well against togo and spain. (offensively. ) in the defence he has always been great.
Ribery was very bad in the group stage but he was very great againt france.

still , i think the french will crush brazil. they have the advantage .

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 16:19   #6
Perle

Quote:
Kaka isnt playing; .
kaka isnt playing? really? why?

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 16:20   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I hope that France wins, but I do doubt it. If Brazil can get their act together and play more as a team (and move a little more) they have clearly the best chances of winning the whole tournament. They have a lot of skill in them, the problem is that they dont fusion their skills properly.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 16:24   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perle
kaka isnt playing? really? why?
I think i read in the sportsman that he has a dodgy knee. Expect a big performance from the toothy one tonight.

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 16:55   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Kaka trained on friday as well as emerson so I wouldn't definitely say they're out.
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 18:39   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
wao those are real good odds. i have 5 euro on france for winning the wc and i only get 12-1
I put it on directly after France did shit against South Korea the odds raised quite a bit at that point.
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:02   #11
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

the problem i think is the brazillian couch, thats why the "tooth one" havent being playing all he can

it will be a hard game, but im counting on brazil...
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:02   #12
Perle

Quote:
I put it on directly after France did shit against South Korea the odds raised quite a bit at that point.

wao clever move

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:05   #13
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

brazil to win in a tight game , fatso might even get a goal

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:13   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I say a clear win for france.

Is this a troll?
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:14   #15
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

has darian always been into football? i always thought it was a tnf thing?

edit and my head says brazil my heart says france
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:21   #16
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

2x0 Brazil!!!
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:28   #17
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I think Brazil will win, and I certainly do hope Brazil will win as France is playing the most boring football to date (after Norway of course ).
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:29   #18
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacK_Bengudo
the problem i think is the brazillian couch, thats why the "tooth one" havent being playing all he can

it will be a hard game, but im counting on brazil...
The problem dude is the toothier one, cos he cant leave the field or nike will not give a 'VERY' special cheque after the world cup...
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:29   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
has darian always been into football? i always thought it was a tnf thing?
I just like gambling and therefore bother reading the sporting pages.
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:35   #20
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

i think even the french doesnt know how they got this far in the world cup
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:36   #21
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I just like gambling and therefore bother reading the sporting pages.
gambling is a perfect example of the capitalist exploitation of the proletariat, the house always wins
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 19:39   #22
milo

which one of the above is muslim?!?!? i just realised ive been doing a ste/stew thing on baron whatsit and black whatever
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 21:00   #23
milo

**** the krauts! i hope the frogs win and go ahead and win the tournament, if only because zidane is ace
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 21:35   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Im eating my words as it is

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 21:36   #25
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
**** the krauts! i hope the frogs win and go ahead and win the tournament, if only because zidane is ace
zidane ****in rocks, we are still going to win the wc though
€ 8.90 on france at 1:5, so I too hope they will win this game.
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 21:39   #26
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

1:5 ? those are the strangest odds ive ever seen. do you mean 5/1 ( five to one against ), or 6.00 ?

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 21:44   #27
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
1:5 ? those are the strangest odds ive ever seen. do you mean 5/1 ( five to one against ), or 6.00 ?
I get 5€ for every euro i've bet, no idea what you call that. anyway Allez les bleu
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 21:47   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

5/1 UK ODDS
6.00 European Odds
500 US Odds

Lolling at US odds though, they are ****ing stupid

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 21:55   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They deserve to get knocked out, they've really been mediocre in this world cup. Now I'm supporting zidane to go all the way with the last bit of the magic in dem dere boots and win the final single-handedly.
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 22:08   #30
milo

im keeping everything crossed for zidane, that was absolutely magical, he completely overshadowed the brazilians and ronaldinho, after watching an england midfield that had the movement of a comatose rock the way zidane moved around the pitch passing the ball with deft touches was beyond ace, with riberry doing well henry and vierra looking like their highbury best and a general air of french swagger im really hoping he has a hollywood ending, even if he doesn't the way he put brazil in his pocket made the world cup for me. It was only 1-0 but it was very entertaining.
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 22:22   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

didnt really watch much of the first half because murray was more entertaining, but france looked worth it

joga bonito lol

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 22:22   #32
Perle

zidane was magic and he proved why he is still the best player in the world.

as i predicted , france dominated the midfield. ronaldo was totally eliminated by gallas and thuram and france crushed the arrogant brazilians and sent them home.

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 22:23   #33
Perle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Is this a troll?
no dace, are u a troll?
I was right. therefor, u must be the troll!

Unread 1 Jul 2006, 22:29   #34
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

zidane was ****ing damn good
as i told before, parrera sucks!
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 22:43   #35
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Jesãs did brazil sucked.
What a bunch of sell outs, it seems that most of the players didnt really care about a thing in this world... like ronaldo that day he got a yellow card for kicking the ball after the referee had stop the game.... that was a clear demonstration of ' look, i have all the money in the world a guy could spend, had sex with every girl i had wish, was MVP 2 times, won a world cup, im done here, i dont give a shit about this... i dont even know what the **** im doing here, i wish i was at my 50mi mansion'

And i felt that many of the players shared this point of view...
France, on the other hand, played for real, with great skills technique, and most important, the eagerness for victory.

Well deserved... Kudos on the job well done zidane!