User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Apr 2005, 15:45   #1
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Creative minds

since me brothar bought this dig cam corder ive been considering the possibility of making a 20min movie.
I would make it very dramatic, mixing the best concepts held in Blade Runner, Amadeus, Wit, and such to craft a deeply emotional and introspective movie with brilliant soundtrack made up with classic music (SPECIALLY 24 Requiem in D Minor, K. 626 Lachrymosa).
I currently have no ideia as to what the plot outline would be, but i think it would have to do with these movies....

Then i would edit in the computer, do the effects, rerecord all the dialogs and bang! its done!

Have any of you made any serious effort into creating a movie?

I think its a great propspect to exercise creativity and linguistics! Should be a great hobbie
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 18:22   #2
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve
Re: Creative minds

Idea for movie: The GD's World - a rollercoaster of Yahwe and Sunday8pm with a few others thrown in.....

it's a winnar!
#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 18:28   #3
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
you just end up ripping off the films you mentioned.
And how would that be? A 4 year-old android which is a ****ing ace piano player with terminal cancer?

Unread 28 Apr 2005, 18:29   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

See Deffeh's other thread.

Basically T&F made a feature length movie with another friend a year or so ago. Many of the actors were people they knew personally (the back of my head is in it for about two seconds). When they finished it they premiered it at a cinema in East London (which they hired out for a special showing). It was well received (sort of) but I think they acknowleged it was god damn hard work. There are hundreds of people who work in major movie productions and unsurprisingly those people actually do stuff.

He's making another movie at the moment (which he's currently editing). Check the link in his sig if you find one of his posts.

I've not experienced any of this first hand but if I had any advice it would be : don't be too ambituous in the scope / style of your film. It's easy to write epic scenes, but rather harder to turn those into reality. Also : Don't underestimate what actors do. Actors may just look like they are standing around doing very little, but if you get a less skilled person doing the same thing it just doesn't "look right" as it were.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 21:08   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
since me brothar bought this dig cam corder ive been considering the possibility of making a 20min movie.
I would make it very dramatic, mixing the best concepts held in Blade Runner, Amadeus, Wit, and such to craft a deeply emotional and introspective movie with brilliant soundtrack made up with classic music (SPECIALLY 24 Requiem in D Minor, K. 626 Lachrymosa).
I currently have no ideia as to what the plot outline would be, but i think it would have to do with these movies....

Then i would edit in the computer, do the effects, rerecord all the dialogs and bang! its done!

Have any of you made any serious effort into creating a movie?

I think its a great propspect to exercise creativity and linguistics! Should be a great hobbie
"Muslim and the Quest for a nice, quiet girl that likes Bukakke"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote