User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Dec 2014, 18:39   #101
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R59 run in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
And your strategy is to finish 7th? Stop the useless trolling, you're bad at it.

No disrespect to RexDrax or Influence, as I enjoyed working alongside with them during my time in TGV/Vikings, but that tag disbanded not due to poor decision making but because I left and others either joined other alliances or followed me into Black Flag.
No we were aiming to take the spot we could take, none of our deals prior to the rapeage of our planets were round ending. If we wanted to nap around and aim for 3rd, im sure we couldve managed it.
If your not playing for #1, ranks dosnt realy matter.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 18:44   #102
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
No we were aiming to take the spot we could take, none of our deals prior to the rapeage of our planets were round ending. If we wanted to nap around and aim for 3rd, im sure we couldve managed it.
And again, our politics is none of your concern. We play how we want to play. If you don't like that, then tough ****.

Not a single member of Black Flag has had any complaints about our politics.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 19:25   #103
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So you accept you are just being a hypocrite? You can have other objectives and be happy with them but everyone else has to aim for first for your pleasure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Its funny you bring up "what impact its gonna have on next round".
Surely no alliances will go into next round without a Block, Ult/p3ng/BF have proved again *** politics is the only way do go at the round with.
If everyone else(basicly p3n/BF/Ult/Apprime) goes into the round with premade deals, why on Earth would i, if im HCing a alliance next round not do the same?
I have provided no evidence that p3n has any intention of going into next round with any pre set deals. Indeed I would be very surprised if we do; we have not before, as indeed you might say is shown by our close relations with BF this round despite us each spending the whole of last round fighting the other. However if an alliance backstabs you at this stage in the game when you are on the verge of victory are you likely to want to partner with them next time? I rather think most people would remember that and consider them a unreliable ally to have so limiting options in the future. I dare say if Ult or BF thought that such an attack on p3n was 100% certain to get them victory they would do it but since the chances are probably more like 50/50 then it is not really worthwhile.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 19:27   #104
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Bitch3r, you have attempted to use propaganda to influence allied tags to break their deals and fight each other before. It's not going to work this round either.
What is being questioned is not your unwillingness to go back on your word. What you're accused of is promising the 'wrong' thing in the first place. It's not exactly news that round long deals are detrimental to the quality of the game. This round is over, but I hope that BF won't make such deals again next round. And that goes for p3nguins and Ultprime too, obviously.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 19:44   #105
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What is being questioned is not your unwillingness to go back on your word. What you're accused of is promising the 'wrong' thing in the first place. It's not exactly news that round long deals are detrimental to the quality of the game. This round is over, but I hope that BF won't make such deals again next round. And that goes for p3nguins and Ultprime too, obviously.
I'd like to clear something up.

The initial agreement between BF and p2n was a two week fort avoidance. This was later changed to a full alliance when Inferno were throwing around threats with declarations of war.

Also, taking into account that Black Flag were taking a round off from active play and that our strat meant that we were vunable to DE tags, napping P2n/Rats was the best logical choice for Black Flag.

Although I do appreciate that due to this decision, it has had an impact on p2n's victory, but this isn't our problem. If the universe is incapable of stopping p2n, then that's their problem.

We're at this point where p2n/BF/Rats are occupying ranks 1/2/3 because they won their wars against their competitors through battles and politics. How is it our fault that we succeded?

However, this does not mean that we will make the same decisions next round. To nap the current #1 and #2 at the beginning of the round was purely a strategical one.
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:00   #106
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Makes me wonder why half your allie went inactive.
I hope the other allies out there rembers this sh*t your spitting out next Clouds. I allready know some of the other allies might be reconsidering their approach to the game allready

Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:06   #107
Clouds

Quote:
Makes me wonder why half your allie went inactive.
I hope the other allies out there rembers this sh*t your spitting out next Clouds. I allready know some of the other allies might be reconsidering their approach to the game allready
Some of the members of Black Flag went inactive because of the nature of the stats, not because of any political decisions we made.

And I don't think any other alliance has had any problems with our politics, not even your own alliance! It's just you that's crying!
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:12   #108
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I'd like to clear something up.

The initial agreement between BF and p2n was a two week fort avoidance. This was later changed to a full alliance when Inferno were throwing around threats with declarations of war.

Also, taking into account that Black Flag were taking a round off from active play and that our strat meant that we were vunable to DE tags, napping P2n/Rats was the best logical choice for Black Flag.

Although I do appreciate that due to this decision, it has had an impact on p2n's victory, but this isn't our problem. If the universe is incapable of stopping p2n, then that's their problem.

We're at this point where p2n/BF/Rats are occupying ranks 1/2/3 because they won their wars against their competitors through battles and politics. How is it our fault that we succeded?

However, this does not mean that we will make the same decisions next round. To nap the current #1 and #2 at the beginning of the round was purely a strategical one.
That is the biggest load of cr*p I have read for a long time.

If you wanna nap up the whole universe for an easy time, just say so. But don't try this whole 'we had to nap everyone because Inf were threatening war' after you spent the whole time hitting Inf WITH pen and getting your little support buddies to help.

And I would actually wonder, maybe your members went inactive because of the way you decide to play?

You may be a good DC but I have to say, I can't remember a time in recent history since you started running alliances, when you didn't try and just nap up the winner from the start and refuse to break. You are nothing but a support alliance and whats more, you are absolutely gutless.

It is a war game, it is a database of numbers, and you are so scared of losing a few numbers you won't actually pull your finger out of your a*** to try and win.

Coward.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:14   #109
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Some of the members of Black Flag went inactive because of the nature of the stats, not because of any political decisions we made.
Members of your alliances tend to do that a lot.

It can't always be the fault of the stats, can it?
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:27   #110
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
That is the biggest load of cr*p I have read for a long time.
Considering the discussions on napping went pretty much the same way as Clouds mentions I very much doubt what he is saying is a "load of cr*p". I was simply a sensible strategic decision.

And stop trying to make it look like inf was some innocent victim; at the time they had other alliances helping them. If BF and P3n has not stuck together we would have been individually smashed; standing together in such circumstances simply made strategic sense.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:29   #111
Clouds

Heh. We napped p2n after Inferno (Crusie) started throwing fleets at the two of us because she was being incompetent and paranoid. If Inferno wanted to start a war, then fair game, but expect us to respond.

This is indeed a war game, but in today's Planetarion it's about politics and forming relationships, too. Inferno were unable to form their own relations and this is how they lost their wars. They were arrogant and naive enough to think they could win their wars on their own.

Just because we used politics to remove Inferno as a threat doesn't mean that we're cowards.

You think I'm a coward? At least I stick by the alliance I play in. You sir just emoquit when things don't go your way. I think you're the pathetic one in this scenario!
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:44   #112
Forest

Quote:
You think I'm a coward? At least I stick by the alliance I play in. You sir just emoquit when things don't go your way. I think you're the pathetic one in this scenario!

Yes, I think you are a coward.

I would say (and I am sure alliances I have been a part of would say) that rather than emo-quitting, I am extremely loyal.

I think I am correct in saying that, over the 20? years I have played (since round 1), I have only ever quit an alliance mid-round once.

I have NEVER vac moded to avoid incomings, I fight to the last tick for my alliance and I when on the losing side I keep fighting even when a lot of my alliance has given up.

Hell, you can't even keep fighting when on the winning side
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:47   #113
Clouds

So that's why you joined CT mid-round, or did you get kicked?
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 20:56   #114
Forest

Pretty much kicked yes.

And the round I left an alliance to create Spore because my position was untenable (which is the one I referred to above).
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 21:44   #115
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Heh. We napped p2n after Inferno (Crusie) started throwing fleets at the two of us because she was being incompetent and paranoid. If Inferno wanted to start a war, then fair game, but expect us to respond.

This is indeed a war game, but in today's Planetarion it's about politics and forming relationships, too. Inferno were unable to form their own relations and this is how they lost their wars. They were arrogant and naive enough to think they could win their wars on their own.

Just because we used politics to remove Inferno as a threat doesn't mean that we're cowards.

You are encourageing blocking with statements like this.
I so hope you will eat your own words with BS like this.
No wonder people think i got some sort of love affairs with BF/Vikings/TF/TGV and Clouds alliances, but reading all the sh*t you write in this forum im sure more will understand what im always going on about.

I so hope the other alliances gather together to make sure to bash BF out of existence the first 200 ticks next round

Unread 2 Dec 2014, 21:46   #116
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

Oh what a pile of dung has formed in here while I was not looking.

Why the fck are you all so sad that P3nguings, Black Flag and Ultprime made the strategic choice to nap each other, because we're now the top3 tags? For the love of all the gods and then some, if warring anyone and everyone for 3 rounds straight proves BF as cowards when they for the first time ever have some all round long relations, with respectable partners I must say, you are all useless cowards then. This is indeed a war game, but constant wars can wear you down, especially your HCs and officers, we tried to take a round off of that, didn't really succeed as we've been targeted by all the other tags we didn't have deals with, in and out of their respectable blocks. That's why we have members going idle and giving a fck, not because they are bored of not warring, but bored of constantly warring. You lot who call us cowards should come play with us a round and actually see the amount of red we deal with every morning. and Forest calling a few deals cowardice? really? REALLY?

The top 3 ranks for P3ng/BF/Ult just proves that our strategies were the winning ones, our deals better than the deals of others and you other lots lost, LOST, your pathetic attempts to take us down. heck, I've crashed more ships this round than I've crashed in the last 10 rounds and still am in top100, with pretty much the least amount of effort I've ever put to my planet. You lot just suck, so bad, if you're so butthurt that others don't suck, maybe you should stop sucking so bad.

and Farmer-Bob, what the actual fck, encouraging blocking? We've been blocked against so much that I've lost count, at the worst times, we've been hit by 6 alliances at once. Yes, we've been "allied" with p3ng and ults all round, but we only hit together with them for 1 night (and that was with p3ng only), all fighting our separate wars at separate fronts against blocks, yes, AGAINST BLOCKS, the lot like you have formed against us, pls do go cry me a river.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell

Last edited by NoXiouS; 2 Dec 2014 at 21:53. Reason: response to BB:s nonsense added
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 21:55   #117
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
p2n
I'm going to stay out of this silly slugfest, but I'm rather curious: why the '2' in 'p2n'?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 21:56   #118
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

May I conclude that this round has been an absolute joke due to the combination of terrible stats (and its effect on xp play) and lousy politics?
Assuming the next few days the political landscape wont change.

If so, we can close this topic and get all the bitching and crying over with.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 22:09   #119
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros View Post
... and lousy politics?
Has there ever been a round without lousy politics?
Most of the time people moan about the immense amount of blocking. This round there has been a series of individual wars and yet there is still complaining. There would be just as much if not more complaining if there were no wars and all round was spent galraiding. Someone is always going to think that politics is lousy unless we increase ally tag size to 800 so everyone can win!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 22:11   #120
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

I'm glad you agree with my conclusion!

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 22:12   #121
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I am terribly amused

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 23:06   #122
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Plz keep the comments coming this is very amusing! :ban ana:
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 23:13   #123
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Funny how some people will claim that you're ruining the game and should disband if you're not playing for #1. That you're ruining the game if you hit a contender without being in the race yourself. That you're ruining the game if you go into the round napped. That you're ruining the game if you keep naps till the tickstop with contenders... And then HC(or proudly parttake in) alliances that does exactly the same

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 01:12   #124
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

I have said it before and I'll say it again. The alliances outside of top 3 need to get together and fight themselves which will allow the top 3 to focus on each other. But the retarded nature of the complaining hcs of this game means that each of the top 3 are locked in fighting allies that just want to troll out the remainder of the round because their chances of winning have been taken away by one of the top 3. Then complain that the top 3 won't fight each other.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 01:16   #125
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

On a side note I've crashed over 1.5mil value this round and am still top 10% value xan.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 01:34   #126
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
I have said it before and I'll say it again. The alliances outside of top 3 need to get together and fight themselves which will allow the top 3 to focus on each other. But the retarded nature of the complaining hcs of this game means that each of the top 3 are locked in fighting allies that just want to troll out the remainder of the round because their chances of winning have been taken away by one of the top 3. Then complain that the top 3 won't fight each other.
Yeah this makes sense, because BF apparently is fighting a bunch of smaller tags all the time they are not free to go hit the ones above them.
Clouds just said that they have no interest in fighting, they would rather play SIMSTARION.

P3ngs has also said that they wont "break any agreements", but who would blame em, they are #1.
That only leaves Ultprime who was offered a NAP with the evil smaller tags that kept hitting them 3 weeks ago. Instead they insisted on keeping on hitting HR/ND, hoping someone else would deal with p3ngs, wich almost came true.

Unread 3 Dec 2014, 01:36   #127
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

and to NoXiouS the strategic mastermind.
Going for a race choice that is wide open to a certain class planning to NAP all the alliance having that class? Id hardly call it a strategy. Its a reason why it was basicly only BF going for 100% ter/xan

Unread 3 Dec 2014, 01:48   #128
Blue_Esper

Quote:
That only leaves Ultprime who was offered a NAP with the evil smaller tags that kept hitting them 3 weeks ago. Instead they insisted on keeping on hitting HR/ND, hoping someone else would deal with p3ngs, wich almost came true.
wrong. we were never offered a nap by either of those alliances 3 weeks ago. rainbows tried to broker a deal for newdawn who had been hitting us for free, so obviously we werent going to let them get away with it, but after we crushed said alliances and we offered them a cf.nap they rejected and insisted on trolling out the remainder of the round thereby stagnating the t3 rankings
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 04:45   #129
Clouds

This is getting boring.

I will say this one final time. We do what is in the best interest of our alliance and not to satisfy the cry babies on AD. If that portrays cowardliness/weakness or whatnot, then that's what we are.

We were never playing for #1 because we wanted a break from all the constant warring. If you don't like that we're not fighting the #1 then form your own tag and do it yourself.

Black Flag will not be breaking our agreements with p3nguins or Ultprime. Either deal with it or continue to cry.

Last edited by Clouds; 3 Dec 2014 at 05:04.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 07:38   #130
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

I'm always open to new agreements each round if I feel it benefits the alliance.

Sadly some alliances just do not want to deal with us and via natural selection end up becoming the food of our round.

I find it mind boggling that people hold a grudge from one round to the next. That's not how you win and it's not how you survive if you want a "round off". We never go in to a round with pre made agreements. However there are alliances I trust more than others but you can't let a little thing like that get in your way.

I think its important to put contex around the current ranks. p3nguins were 5th this round with inferno and rainbows taking the top spots. Don't moan when that changed. I spent more time this round ensuring we could fight inferno one on one than anything else.

Inferno was our main opposition this round and anyone that has been hit outside of that is down to incomings we have received whilst you supported them against us. I'm more than happy to see all this whine now. It shows we did a good job.

Ct & inferno continue to hit us but crash most ticks and don't defend themselves. I dunno how we are to blame for a 100+ planet partnership failing.

For a final point butcher is the single reason rainbows were hit this round by p3ng. They could have easily kept out of our way but he chose to ptarget us. Your fellow hc didnt even agree with it and you got smashed by everyone in the end. I'll take my strategy advice from someone with a brain thanks
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 08:23   #131
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
The alliances outside of top 3 need to get together and fight themselves which will allow the top 3 to focus on each other.
It is not the task of the lower ranked alliances to provide you with a shot at #1. That's your responsibility. If you can't be arsed to come to mutually beneficial agreements with alliances ranked lower than you and instead choose to NAP your actual competition, then this is the result. That's on you, and no one else.

I respect Cloud's stance more than this desperate attempt to blame anyone but yourself.

Quote:
Going for a race choice that is wide open to a certain class planning to NAP all the alliance having that class? Id hardly call it a strategy. Its a reason why it was basicly only BF going for 100% ter/xan
This round, all race strategies were wide open to something. Using politics to close those holes is a perfectly legitimate thing to do. If that ends up making the round boring, then that's as much the fault of the game mechanics as it is of the people making the agreements. If the game mechanics promote destructive behaviour (like round long NAPs), then that is what players will engage in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
I find it mind boggling that people hold a grudge from one round to the next. That's not how you win and it's not how you survive if you want a "round off". We never go in to a round with pre made agreements. However there are alliances I trust more than others but you can't let a little thing like that get in your way.
You admit that past performance leads you to trust certain alliances more than others, but you can't understand that past performance may lead people to dislike certain alliances more than others?

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 3 Dec 2014 at 08:30.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 09:33   #132
Munkee
Dictator

Perhaps you didn't read it correctly. As I stated:

" but you can't let a little thing like that get in your way."

Sometimes its more useful to keep the crazy on your side, regardless of trust. But some alliances seem to blindly make the assumption there is some sort of good vs evil in the game and refuse to deal with certain alliances.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 09:35   #133
booji
a bucket

Quote:
You admit that past performance leads you to trust certain alliances more than others, but you can't understand that past performance may lead people to dislike certain alliances more than others?
He did not say that it stops us working with them. If you had done a poll of p3n members at the start of this round BF would almost certainly have been the most hated. This should be no surprise; we feel we were gangbanged by them in round 57 when they were way ahead of us and then spent all round 58 fighting them for first. If there were any alliance we would not deal with based upon past relations it would be BF. Yet here we are having had a nap with them for most of the round.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 10:10   #134
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

BB: all races are wide open to something, now we deal with incs we can cover, in a round where defense is hard as fock, some land ofc., good portion does not, you've landed on our def yourself. So I'd say the strat works, yes, required a bit more than just ships to make it work, but hey, here we are.

I would like to compliment ND/CT/Inf/Bows/FL for not making an effort, seeing you lot crash and burn has been the best fun this round has provided.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 11:44   #135
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

p3n are currently napped to 180 planets, and they have 60 themselves. When you consider how small the universe is, that's probably a new record is terms of % of the active universe napped as #1.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 12:07   #136
booji
a bucket

This seems unlikely to be true (though it might be if you are considering the length of being napped as well as numbers). In the last two rounds I think the naps have been bigger; in round 58 p3n spent much of the round napped with Furgion and faceless, and some with CT - in a smaller universe than this round. In round 57 up to the final week BF and Faceless at periods when they were #1 were allied with at least 3 allies. The main difference being that those agreements ended with a rush for first.
I have no idea about other rounds but it seems to me unlikely that these were particularly exceptional. I think you are suffering from the usual memory lapse problem much of pa has thinking that the round we are currently in is a new low. There was no golden age where nobody napped and everyone fought hard wars all round!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 12:31   #137
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
This seems unlikely to be true (though it might be if you are considering the length of being napped as well as numbers). In the last two rounds I think the naps have been bigger; in round 58 p3n spent much of the round napped with Furgion and faceless, and some with CT - in a smaller universe than this round. In round 57 up to the final week BF and Faceless at periods when they were #1 were allied with at least 3 allies. The main difference being that those agreements ended with a rush for first.
I have no idea about other rounds but it seems to me unlikely that these were particularly exceptional. I think you are suffering from the usual memory lapse problem much of pa has thinking that the round we are currently in is a new low. There was no golden age where nobody napped and everyone fought hard wars all round!
I'm talking about round long deals stagnating the round 3 weeks before the end. p3n politics hit an all time low this round, and the best counterargument anyone has put forward to that is: "We won - haha - you're bitter".

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 12:49   #138
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Funny how someone can blaim the ones currently at the top for low politics, for that to be true they must have a much better playerbase than the others and not be far enough ahead according to skill gap.

.. And I highly doubt thats the case.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 13:06   #139
Mzyxptlk
mz.

When politics are as stagnant as they are this round, the way you win is by not getting bored. That's all.

You can look at the roid graphs for the last week or so to see which of the three alliances is still entertained.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 13:21   #140
Munkee
Dictator

I don't know whether Golan is angry because he lost another 570 roids or whether he is trying to hide the fact inferno are napped to 188 planets so his arguments just don't stack up!

Word on the street is inferno even napped ultprime when ct did. Who stagnated here? I didn't add those in to your figures already as that would be unfair, I can't read your minds but I'm going off what CT told me.

End of the day there's a lot of hate because you were out manoeuvred whilst trying to form your own "block". That was probably during the time you went through 4 politics representatives that spent most of the round slagging each other off.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 13:53   #141
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
This round is a new record of blocking/naping.
I cant remeber a round where all top3 allies been allied for the whole round.
Perhaps mz or some history wiz can confirm/deny this?

Unread 3 Dec 2014, 14:02   #142
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
This round, all race strategies were wide open to something. Using politics to close those holes is a perfectly legitimate thing to do. If that ends up making the round boring, then that's as much the fault of the game mechanics as it is of the people making the agreements. If the game mechanics promote destructive behaviour (like round long NAPs), then that is what players will engage in.
Im pretty sure i cried in some thread earlier about "block stats" but were told wrong by either you or someone else, saying that offensive stats aint encouraging NAPs/blocks.

When you choose a strat you usualy choose one that makes you be able to survive on your own, or your choose one where you allready got some deals how to survive on you own.

In the early parts of this round alliances like bows, inferno and CT were dominating the rankings iirc, and now we got these wise asses laughing at Inferno for not being able to create a block with all the top alliances to gang some lower ranked tags?

Im pretty sure this wont happend again, at first sight of you BF/P3ng NAPing someone, all the others will create long term NAPs to kill them off no matter the ranks in the univers is

Unread 3 Dec 2014, 14:14   #143
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
It is not the task of the lower ranked alliances to provide you with a shot at #1. That's your responsibility. If you can't be arsed to come to mutually beneficial agreements with alliances ranked lower than you and instead choose to NAP your actual competition, then this is the result. That's on you, and no one else.

I respect Cloud's stance more than this desperate attempt to blame anyone but yourself.

mz makes a lot of sense here.

How can Ult blame the other alliances whey they NAPed their competition? That's the cardinal rule of PA (no pun intended) - you don't make round long agreements with someone who could beat you a t #1 (unless you have some devious plan)

To be fair, I don't see what Black Flag and p3nguins are doing wrong. BF aren't playing to win and have been blatantly honest about it all round. p3nguins are #1 and any major change in politics would make them potentially lose - so why should they? The only one out on the cusp here is Ultprime and they decided to let p3nguins win.

As for the wars etc, Inferno and Rainbows should look deeply at themselves to how they even allowed these positions to happen. While it's easy to point blame at the current top 3, it was YOUR political decisions that helped that. Both of you engaging in pointless wars, lack of clear political direction and generally let yourselves get outplayed on politics.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 14:23   #144
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Im pretty sure this wont happend again, at first sight of you BF/P3ng NAPing someone, all the others will create long term NAPs to kill them off no matter the ranks in the univers is
You always say this, and it never actually happens. Despite Clouds' amazement at people holding grudges, genuine grudges are fairly rare even in PA. They have to be, because it's been the same people for half a decade, and if you never forgive anyone, there's no one you can work with.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 14:31   #145
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Im pretty sure i cried in some thread earlier about "block stats" but were told wrong by either you or someone else, saying that offensive stats aint encouraging NAPs/blocks.

When you choose a strat you usualy choose one that makes you be able to survive on your own, or your choose one where you allready got some deals how to survive on you own.

In the early parts of this round alliances like bows, inferno and CT were dominating the rankings iirc, and now we got these wise asses laughing at Inferno for not being able to create a block with all the top alliances to gang some lower ranked tags?

I can sum it up for you easily.

Clouds outplayed the lot of you. He's learnt more in politics in the last few rounds than many in this game. If Spore was still around, I'd have headhunted him to replace me to lead it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 14:44   #146
Blue_Esper

Quote:
We did not nap our competition we were never competing for 1st as we were two separate tags before merging and still ranked 7th after merger. I think you may have missed the point of what i wrote. you of all people know how half arsed ultprime is this round. we were quite happy sitting at 7th till rainbows and co wanted a piece, hardly our fault that it profited us all the way to 3rd. i offered those alliances agreements but they refused and instead wished to troll out the remainder of the round launching on us because we ruined them, therefor p3ng have HR/ND to thank for the round win.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 15:07   #147
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
We did not nap our competition we were never competing for 1st as we were two separate tags before merging and still ranked 7th after merger.
Blaming CT, Inferno and Rainbows for making it impossible for you to end the top3 nap makes even less sense if you were never intending to compete for #1 anyway.
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 16:07   #148
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
I would like to compliment ND/CT/Inf/Bows/FL for not making an effort, seeing you lot crash and burn has been the best fun this round has provided.
erm, CT made an effort, we are not far off 3rd. politics/incs didn't pan out for us too well and we didn't have that many crashes. I think its also unfair to say the other alliances didn't make an effort... tbh i just think your full of crap and have no idea what happened this round.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 19:43   #149
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
I can sum it up for you easily.

Clouds outplayed the lot of you. He's learnt more in politics in the last few rounds than many in this game. If Spore was still around, I'd have headhunted him to replace me to lead it.
Erm

Clouds alliance is in third place and could even finish 4th.

How did he outplay anyone?
Unread 3 Dec 2014, 19:46   #150
Forest

Quote:
We did not nap our competition we were never competing for 1st as we were two separate tags before merging and still ranked 7th after merger. I think you may have missed the point of what i wrote. you of all people know how half arsed ultprime is this round. we were quite happy sitting at 7th till rainbows and co wanted a piece, hardly our fault that it profited us all the way to 3rd. i offered those alliances agreements but they refused and instead wished to troll out the remainder of the round launching on us because we ruined them, therefor p3ng have HR/ND to thank for the round win.
An offer of sorts was made to Ult to stop all war with the lower ranked alliances so they could go for the win.

The answer from Ult was: We are just playing for planet ranks now and are idling out the round.

So I would not like Ult on here blaming lower ranks for them not winning. Just man up, admit you ran out of balls and couldn't be arsed.