User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jun 2003, 03:12   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
*SPOILER* Harry Potter 5 *SPOILER*

yeah yeah... lovely spoiler marks at the top. seemed to work with reloaded thread.

ANYWAY

for anyone who has read this... what did they think of it? I personally think its not quite as good as GOF, but better than the other 3, not quite sure why i think that, but nm.

Sirius dying eh? I suppose thats pretty bad, Harry is now more isolated in the wizarding world again, losing the closest thing he ever had to a father figure. Is this going to unhinge him at all in the other books, probably not, but would be nice if he went kind of crazy.

Dumbledore and Voldemort actually duelling for a bit was cool, I haven't studied that bit particularly as i generally don't like reading about fighting, seems kind of inadequate. But It was almost as if Dumbledore got lucky, with Fawkes and everything, although i suppose he "knew" he was going to save him. But dodging or deflecting would have saved his pet needless pain.

I don't think the prophecy is going to be particularly changing to the books, except possibly to harrys attitude, as it always seemed to be a very harry vs vold attitude anyway, there is just more of a reason for it now.

one last thing... Cho Chang was a bit of a morbid bitch wasnt she? oh well.

hmmnah

i get a feeling this won't get many replies as most of you dont care/havent read the book yet.

but never mind eh?
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 03:15   #2
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
All this thought and speculation over some thoughtless, poorly written children's book. It's enough to make you yearn for the days when reality TV was cool.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 03:28   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
small minded snob... i pity you, for i was once the same.
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 07:38   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Chojin
thoughtless, poorly written children's book
WOW THAT INSIGHTFUL AND AMAZINGLY INTUITIVE IN-DEPTH CRITIQUE HAS MADE ME SUDDENLY REALISE HOW OH SO VERY WRONG I'VE BEEN

(i didn't think you were a complete twat, i was wrong)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 09:09   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Mage
they are ok books but ffs there are so many better ones its untrue

why dont you read a really good book? and not something that sells well to little kids
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=2863

Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 09:39   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Mage

No she is not she is playing ffs! there is no deep meaningful theory behind kids literature.
Children dont abstract concepts such as good and evil from their environment (including literature)??
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 11:01   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Good versus evil features in many books. Why is Harry Potter so special for it?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 11:47   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

philistines...

of course i have read many of the books you consider "better". But thats not really the issues, if i choose to spend a day reading something that is something slightly more low brow and then discuss it, is that so wrong?

its people like you that started world war 2
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:00   #9
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
over rated.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:04   #10
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by inf
over rated.
definitely

in the same way Rooney's overated at the minute

doesn't mean they're/he's still not good
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:14   #11
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak

and Beckham...
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:44   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Artemis Fowl > Harry Potter
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:47   #13
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
whos sirius?
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:52   #14
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I tried reading on of those books, I got bored and gave it back to my much, much younger cousin :/
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:53   #15
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
whos sirius?
Harry's godfather, granddad or sexslave- one of those...
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:53   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
whos sirius?
The Dog Star?

Canis Major?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:55   #17
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
Harry's godfather, granddad or sexslave- one of those...
He been in the films?
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 12:57   #18
Ragnarak

Quote:
He been in the films?
nope
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 13:05   #19
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

he cant be important then :(
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 13:10   #20
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

the whole next film is about him... but never mind that
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 20:57   #21
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I don't think Sirius is dead. It seemed to me that he just went to some paralel universe type thing. Of course, that entire part of the book was rendered somewhat incomprehensible by Nevilles derranged ramblings. "loob habby, thbes hebeibobe" How is anyone supposed to understand what is going on when the characters aren't even talking properly?(yes I know he had a broken nose, but JK still could have made things a bit easier to understand)
My predictions for Book Six: wizard war, with hundreds of wizards duelling through the streets of London, Harry will continue down the dark path(he's already tried to use Avada Kevada), Percy will turn out to be under a spell(the controlling one, I forget its name), and Neville will be brutally murdered.
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 21:15   #22
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Harry will continue down the dark path(he's already tried to use Avada Kevada)
Wasn't it Crucio?

Quote:
Percy will turn out to be under a spell(the controlling one, I forget its name)
The Imperius Curse, I think.

Quote:
and Neville will be brutally murdered.
Couldn't it be Ron instead?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 21:32   #23
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
And Voldemort will turn out to be Harry's Father, and/or Hermione his sister?
(not having read any of the books, but the Star Wars similarities are there...)
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 21:36   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

yeah... i think it was crucio... though like the woman said, he didnt MEAN it... which is good i suppose.

and i seriously doubt ron will be murdered, none of the three will be. If this sirius thing upset JK so much anyway

plus the three "work" together so well as a kind of narrative whatsy doo dah, and a team, etc. I get a feeling neville will play a bigger part now though, i also think he probably wont die, but can never be sure. there has to be something more to him being the other boy who "could" have been in that prophecy, otherwise why mention it? it served no purpose that i could see.
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 21:45   #25
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light
Nice to know that nearly all of you have a strange ability to fear your childhoods. Perhaps you had particularily painful upbringings and dont want to immerse yourself other tham things which make you feel good.

I'm proud to say that i think Harry Potter is a brilliant set of books, not just for their content, but also for their ability to make children enjoy reading, and to make parents actually enjoy reading a book to their children.

Personallly, I still think that the Prisoner Of Azkaban was the best book, simply because of the story nand the book seemed the right length - i've started to think that the latest two, although their need to be long, i still think its more of a chore to read the books.

Anyway, it was another brilliant book, and well worth £8.50 and 3 years wait. Ofc, Harry is growing up now, with multiple references to his adams apple, and his kiss with Cho Chang makes him a real man

I Agree with the percy theory. However, I believe that neville wont die. I think he's far too important to the seventh book, where im sure he will play a crucial role.

okay, here we go... the complicated bit...

Some time in the next two books....

Harry learns that he can return sirius from the depths of behind the veil, but it required powerful dark magic. HIs love of sirius and his inability to see past his nose will force him down to the dark side. But he is forced to realise that he can never revive siruis without empowering Lord Voldemort to his full power again. He is forced to accept the loss of Siruis, his parents, and possibly another character, and avoid the pull of dark magic.

Just a theory.
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 11:32   #26
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
i bet you harry dies a grissly horrible death at the hands of neville.
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 11:42   #27
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
why is i still think the books are going to end up with a

'and he woke up and realised it was all a dream' type ending
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 01:04   #28
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Among the spoilers that have been posted already, here is some more:
At thirty dollars, it's the most expensive "children's book" ever published.
It's almost nine-hundred pages long, making it the longest single children's book ever published, as well as part of the longest series of children's books ever.
It's have the largest first print run of any book ever published… almost seven million copies.

Innocent question: How bad does it SUCK?!
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 01:16   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The english edition is only 766 pages long, or thereabouts.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 09:18   #30
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by the dying puppy
At thirty dollars, it's the most expensive "children's book" ever published.
Mine was £8.49.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 11:58   #31
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Turns out that Harry's just gay.

BBC News told me*

*This asterisk leads to no additional information
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 12:29   #32
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

It all turns out to be a dream of 'Harry's' in book five. He wakes up and we find out that he is actually an unemployed 55 year old from Trimdon called Doreen.

I know this because I live in J K Rowling's hair.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 12:32   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I also heard that Gary Oldman may play Sirius in the film version of Prisoner of Azkaban. This may or may not be total rubbish.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 13:16   #34
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: *SPOILER* Harry Potter 5 *SPOILER*

Quote:
Originally posted by Deepflow
yeah yeah... lovely spoiler marks at the top. seemed to work with reloaded thread.

ANYWAY

for anyone who has read this... what did they think of it? I personally think its not quite as good as GOF, but better than the other 3, not quite sure why i think that, but nm.

ye i feel the same way

Just finished the book, and i was somewhat annoyed by it, having expected it to be a bit deeper.

I sorta feel this book is developing the way wheel fo time is(im at book 8 atm), where its all just building to the final book(s).
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 13:26   #35
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan

Quickly followed by the public lynching of JKR by several thousand 10 year olds.
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 15:57   #36
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by plasmas_arms
Quickly followed by the public lynching of JKR by several thousand 10 year olds.

many millions.....tyvm..
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 17:52   #37
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
not a bad book overall, but definatly aimed more towards the adult market now, also, from my point of view, artemis fowl is much better written, but doesnt seem to pull you in as much, perhaps because you know its all about the comedy :/ but there you go.

on a side note, my department bought 109 copies of it, so we spent the best part of a grand on the new harry potter, bet none of you can say that :/
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 19:46   #38
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
definitely

doesn't mean they're/he's still not good
I thought he was a great actor

Disappointed

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:00   #39
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Good book.

Once again a useless ending.

I was hoping Hagrid would die because he is crap.

Sirius was useless as well so it's alright.

But why did no one talk about what falling through the arch meant?

it sounds like some parallel dimension type thing.

did anyone else think that the prophecy involving Harry and Voldemort meant that if one of them dies they both die?

Artemis Fowl was ok I guess but I only read the first one, are the others worth reading??

Steer clear of the Alex Rider series of books because it is complete ****e. Some of you lot could have written it.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:10   #40
Kegluneq

Kegluneq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid

Steer clear of the Alex Rider series of books because it is complete ****e. Some of you lot could have written it.
True. Very disappointing. Go read Philip Pullman instead.
Kegluneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 11:02   #41
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Kegluneq
Go read Philip Pullman instead.
I was going to say this!

I've just finished the first two and they're very good!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 11:07   #42
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
artemis fowl and the artic incident is perhaps even better than the first one, having just finished HP, i am now reading artemis fowl and the eternity code, which, so far, seems to be at the same level as the first two so that will keep me pleased for the afternoon which i am making my tape
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 17:43   #43
Kegluneq

Kegluneq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED

I've just finished the first two and they're very good!
You're in for a treat with Amber Spyglass. Best childrens book in years/ever.
Kegluneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 01:02   #44
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid

did anyone else think that the prophecy involving Harry and Voldemort meant that if one of them dies they both die?
My theory is that Voldemort will keep possessing Harry every time it looks like he will be beaten, or that he'll posess Harry to spy on\kill Dumbledore. Eventually, Harry will realise that the only way Voldemort can be killed is if he kills himself while being possessed.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 13:09   #45
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

yeah, philip pullman books are fantastic. nice and anti religion too, which is always good.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 14:44   #46
Sally
Yo' Bitch

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan

Read this.

Sally
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 14:55   #47
roadrunner_0
cynic

ouch
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 20:34   #48
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
I finally finished this book after ages of putting it off, and as such i read this thread and as said the spoilers were in there and i was thankful that i didnt read this thread.

Being aked nicely (forced) by me "better half" to read this thing i was a bit annoyed by the size of it but realised the text was big (ish) i would of thought the adults one would of had smaller text

but anyway, half of this speculation isnt mine, its beckys

Sirrus wont come back to life as apparently "she never brings her charecters back to life" which means that harry in the next one would probably go to hagrid for talks about things

anyway, speaking away from prying eyes :ninja: anyone else notice Rowlings love of the word "cooly" to describe a charecters attitute, im tempted to download it in PDF so i can get it to count how many times, but it was a bloody lot

Next question is...who do you think will play Umbridge if this gets released in film in the next few years. thinking through it, i could only think of a female version of danny devito
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 20:48   #49
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
Having literally just finished reading it I thought it was great. I think others have made most of the relevant points so I wont witter on about them further. As regards to being better or worse than other such books, I'd say the Phillip Pullman ones possibly just had the edge for me, but its quite a close thing. With regards to the Artemis Fowl books, I just read The Arctic Incident (the only one of them I've read) and tbh, I found it felt like it was more actively aimed at a younger audience. It just seemed a little too cheesey here and there. But it was still very readable.

With regards to Harry Potter being the longest childrens book ever published, this is cause before the Harry Potter books became so popular, the publishers would place a page limit on shildrens books (in the region of 250-300 pages, depending on the precise age group it was aimed at). JK Rowling needed the extra space to get in all the story, and as they were doing well the publishers let her get away with more, and it proved to them that kids can have an attention span longer than 5 minutes. Must have been a total shocker for them. I know when I was younger I was reading good long adult books, and I didn't (usually) get bored half way through and give up.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 21:02   #50
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebany

I know when I was younger I was reading good long adult books, and I didn't (usually) get bored half way through and give up.
I'd reckon most kids who like reading will have prolly read LOTR by about 10 or 11