User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 Jul 2007, 07:31   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
A new research branch : Diplomacy

Research 1: you can see the races of other planets (yes it means that without this research, it won't show on the gal pages)
Research 2: you can see the planets government type
Research 3: you can sign a peace treaty with other planets : can't attack each other (can still cov op)
Research 4: you can sign a trade agreement with other planets (only after signing a peace treaty): exchange resources at 0% taxe
Research 5: you can sign a Mutual Defense Treaty with other planets (only after signing a trede agreement) and enjoy a -1 eta for def fleets on each other.

Treaties can be canceled anytime.

The number of treaties you can sign could depend on the number of constructions you build: embassies. 1 embassy allows to sign the 3 types of treaties with 1 planet.

You can only sign a treaty with another planet if it also has the research and building allowing it.
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 11:18   #2
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice
Re: A new research branch : Diplomacy

Interesting idea, but there would be a need as well to have a cov op or a scan that would allow the other planets to know about those things.
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 11:40   #3
Talin
Mildly Amused

Talin will become famous soon enoughTalin will become famous soon enough

It could provide some interesting results indeed. On the other hand, I'd rather that the actual diplomacy is kept outside the game code, and given freedom that it used to have (which includes removing limits on alliance size and fleet movements).

Anyway, I'm not sure about the balance. With 20 or 30 embassies (which isn't a lot of constructions to spend on that), organized group of people could make an extra alliance for themselves, or expand an existing alliance.

Instead of adding another layer to the game which doesn't give much in terms of gameplay, wouldn't it be simpler to just allow the people to work with whom they like?
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 13:33   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I like the idea in general, the idea as a concept could be that you needed to build one embassy for each planet u have an agreement with or something similar.
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 14:22   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There is no need to hardcore this kind of stuff. Freedom = happiness.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 14:41   #6
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Goodish idea except for the trading. You could easily end up with 50 planets giving you resources and then the game is screwed as, instead of 1 planets income at 5% tax you have 3.5 planets worth and are unstoppable.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 15:01   #7
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

i think with trading he ment a system like the gal fund or ally fund, just without the option to donate and without paying a fee.

i'd really like that additional research branch!
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 18:11   #8
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Research 1: you can see the races of other planets (yes it means that without this research, it won't show on the gal pages)
Research 2: you can see the planets government type
Research 3: you can sign a peace treaty with other planets : can't attack each other (can still cov op)
Research 4: you can sign a trade agreement with other planets (only after signing a peace treaty): exchange resources at 0% taxe
Research 5: you can sign a Mutual Defense Treaty with other planets (only after signing a trede agreement) and enjoy a -1 eta for def fleets on each other.

Treaties can be canceled anytime.

The number of treaties you can sign could depend on the number of constructions you build: embassies. 1 embassy allows to sign the 3 types of treaties with 1 planet.

You can only sign a treaty with another planet if it also has the research and building allowing it.
Not that I am against introducing a new research branch per se, but I don't like the researches.
1. Seeing races
This just means 1 person in each alliance does this research and makes a list.
2. See government types
See point 1.
3. Peace agreements
Nice for new players, but it doesn't really add anything for most people. Especially not as long as the treaties can easily be cancelled.
4. Trade agreements
This is something that can make a difference. A network of people could trade for free amongst each other. Not would further erode the meaning of having different types of roids. Maybe if you could make a profit it would add something to the game.
5. Mutual defence treaties
I hate the mess that is created when friends defend each other (while not in the same buddypack/galaxy+ingame alliance). This will reduce the meaning of the ingame alliances. Not a good thing i.m.o.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 20:53   #9
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

if this goes live, be wary of being able to sign 3 'Mutual defense' treaties with the same person netting a -3 eta...
Unread 16 Jul 2007, 12:07   #10
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
if this goes live, be wary of being able to sign 3 'Mutual defense' treaties with the same person netting a -3 eta...
That would be a cool bug tbh

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 17:01   #11
Carlus
the C man

Carlus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
Not that I am against introducing a new research branch per se, but I don't like the researches.
1. Seeing races
This just means 1 person in each alliance does this research and makes a list.
2. See government types
See point 1.
3. Peace agreements
Nice for new players, but it doesn't really add anything for most people. Especially not as long as the treaties can easily be cancelled.
4. Trade agreements
This is something that can make a difference. A network of people could trade for free amongst each other. Not would further erode the meaning of having different types of roids. Maybe if you could make a profit it would add something to the game.
I hate the mess that is created when friends defend each other (while not in the same buddypack/galaxy+ingame alliance). This will reduce the meaning of the ingame alliances. Not a good thing i.m.o.
I understand what you're saying for tech 1, but if it's made that you have to research it to see and interact with the other planet.(i.e attacking, defending, etc...)
Carlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 01:44   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
I think this is a great idea - it means if the support planet rule was modified, players would be able to legitimately defend OOGOOA planets on a consistent basis (ie, their friends) with the in-game proof to demonstrate that they arent cheating.

Further, i think it strenthends "friendship groups" within PA - lots of players including myself still talk with and try and help occasionally with former galaxymates and other people whom i've come across in my travels - this suggestion would formalise in-game these personal ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
And if you do that in-gal, then you'd have an ETA 2 def fleet .

I dont think the ETA should stack - at most one eta reduction per planet.

It would also be helpful to those people in alliances who always receive alot of incoming - like Red- .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote