User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Nov 2008, 15:47   #401
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: Rnd 29 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
We had a lot of arguments in CT about how much slack to cut you... basically because even getting everyone to agree to not ptarget you was an uphill struggle. Still, I felt it was in CT's best interests and so persevered.
Im going to respond to the only part worth responding to. You went into the round pretending to be our friends so we wouldnt hit you and you could fence your way to a possible shot at #1 (same as r27). You hit us when you felt like it without p-targetting us, you complained when we hit any of your planets and accused us of p-targetting cos we put 25 fleets on you, yet you wouldnt nap us incase someone found out and hit you. You attempted to be clever and ride along on our coat tails, avoiding inc (even to the extent of abusing an ingame feature (hi c200) to do this, your alliance is pathetic), but it was such a horribly obvious plan that it backfired, get over it.
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 15:49   #402
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Something tells me you didn't read my post.
Sorry, we never had official dealings since you were too scared of getting inc to be associated with us, go back to sitting on your fence please, its the only way you can keep your roids, evident by the one night of inc we gave you.
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 16:01   #403
Kenny

Lol, so because our 'dealings' we never made public, they dont count and so being dishonest was completely justified? THATS your argument? Oh how I lol.

We didn't go in to the round pretending to be your friends. We offered no false pretenses - I told you that we would maintain a deal as long as it was in our best interests. And you're right - we didn't want to officially NAP you as we didn't want to ascociate ourselves with you. It had nothing to do with being afraid of getting hit - you're just idiots. I feel genuinely sorry for Reese having to put up with the rest of you day in, day out - she's the only sane one amongst you.

And lol, do not even get me started on "abusing ingame features". There's nothing dishonest about our plan. We want as many planets in the T100 as possible - sure, this may well lead us to having a high ranking tag... but it wont be 1st.

Ascendancy will be first come the end of the round, because quite simply - they're better than you or us. It's the way things should be. All I was doing was illustrating a few points as to why this is true - if you choose not to respond to other parts of my post; that's up to you.

You know your biggest problem? Your single biggest problem? You ask for sympathy... nay, BEG for sympathy - yet you deserve none, and then whine when you get just that. Every one of your forum posts reads "Why are you hitting us? We're not the biggest threat! Why can't you see that?"

Bottom line is VenoX: We can see that, we just dont like you.
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 16:02   #404
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

sitting on the fence? so who is actually attacking ascendancy (the people you claim are ahead of you?) because it damn well isnt denial venox

if you are wanting people to help you to stop ascendancy then you have to lead by example.

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 16:18   #405
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Im sorry, but the retarded desicions havent been made from Denial HC

Every round its the same shit, altho Denial didnt play last round, and Ascendancy used a really nice tactic.

ND: Hates Denial, admires Ascendancy.
CT: Wants to stay low profile, bash small alliances to try and stay clear of any threat.
Audentes: Fairly new alliance, choosing to tag along with ND and ASC ptargeting Denial from t300.
Ascendancy: Wow, if hitler was alive he would be proud Your propaganda exceeds his by miles. Altho, u must admit, it is even easier when Denial is on the other side. Everyone loves to hate someone, and since they love you guys, they have to hate Denial
Denial: Ruthless, not much into politics. Try to outroid any other ally even through war times.

JBG has been talking bullshit on this forum from the start of the round, messing about the threat of Denial. And about how open he is. Ascendancy, open? No sir. You guys hide value, like squirls hide nuts for the winter.
Not sure why you have to tho, i mean its not like your gonna get hit? Unless someone realises that your a threat at t600, which should be just in time to take away the huge lead you have "hidden".
Im not saying Ascendancy aint a good alliance, cause theyre containing prolly loads of the best players in PA. I will how ever say the tend to get it too easy, by blind HC in other alliances. Or maybe theyre not blind, but just playing for second place.

Anyways, round aint over. But im sure there will be more ascendancy propaganda here, just like in the #multihunter channel
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 16:20   #406
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
sitting on the fence? so who is actually attacking ascendancy (the people you claim are ahead of you?) because it damn well isnt denial venox

if you are wanting people to help you to stop ascendancy then you have to lead by example.
Tell you what, were finally starting to not get hit by 3 allys, so now we got time for it. Dont you think Denial would be hitting Ascendancy if it was mano el mano?

When its 3 allys ptargeting one, how do you stay alive? You keep on collecting roids, not trying to retalitate alone. Im pretty sure you knew this, but i had to make sure in case you didnt
Atleast not retalitate against the strongest link of the ptargeting
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 16:28   #407
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

I love the fact you all seem to be whinging and crying here when what, you have had some incommings? This is mainly directed at CT (kenny) and Denial (VenoX). I just love the fact you see no crying from Ascendancy when in the last couple nights we have had huge amounts of incomming but we dont come him to grovel and moan, we just get along with it, maybe you guys should grow some balls and do the same.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 16:38   #408
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
I love the fact you all seem to be whinging and crying here when what, you have had some incommings? This is mainly directed at CT (kenny) and Denial (VenoX). I just love the fact you see no crying from Ascendancy when in the last couple nights we have had huge amounts of incomming but we dont come him to grovel and moan, we just get along with it, maybe you guys should grow some balls and do the same.
You mean 1 gal shared by 2 alliances both nights? I feel sorry for you CBA if thats what you count as huge amount of incs.

Yes Denial have been gangbanged, and yes we felt it was necessary. And if i recall right we did ask both Asc and Aud to hit Denial. It is however like 400 ticks ago since the first message with "Yo, you want to hit denial?" went out, so i might be off on who actually asked the first question

Proud to be Newdawn

Last edited by SteInMetz; 28 Nov 2008 at 17:49.
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 16:50   #409
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I really do hope that you're treating Rock well this round as allies
You wish
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 17:10   #410
Kenny

Quote:
Tell me where I've made any complaint other than "VenoX, stfu, you're like a broken record".

CBA dont even get me started on you pal, I really dont have the time.

Edit: that said, I really dont have to - you've been broadcasting how big a prick you've been being. Even jester said you were being a "****ing idiot". When Ascendancy tell you you're being an idiot - you've really hit an all time low.

Now come on, criticise my planet again!
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 17:23   #411
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
We have only ever hit our enemies, unfortunately we've had 4, you have had 1
Not really. You only have one enemy. Many alliances will hit you, sure, but the only one you really should've been worrying about is Ascendancy, especially considering the fact that many people dislike Denial more than Ascendancy. I don't think you deserve that dislike (really, I don't), but the reality is that it's there. You appear to have failed to adequately plan for it, or you wouln't be in the situation you're in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorm
Im not saying Ascendancy aint a good alliance, cause theyre containing prolly loads of the best players in PA. I will how ever say the tend to get it too easy, by blind HC in other alliances. Or maybe theyre not blind, but just playing for second place.
Some would say that avoiding incomings is generally a better strategy than seeking them out.

Quote:
When Ascendancy tell you you're being an idiot - you've really hit an all time low.
Everything changed when he joined us. We have successfully made a human being out of CBA; there is now officially nothing we cannot do.

<Insert obligatory 'you're an idiot' here>
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 17:41   #412
Nestorn
-||-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Not really. You only have one enemy. Many alliances will hit you, sure, but the only one you really should've been worrying about is Ascendancy, especially considering the fact that many people dislike Denial more than Ascendancy. I don't think you deserve that dislike (really, I don't), but the reality is that it's there. You appear to have failed to adequately plan for it, or you wouln't be in the situation you're in now.
The same could be said about ascendancy tho, i doubt you have been ptareting us just for the fun.

Not that i know it, but judging by former rounds, smaller alliances usually just wanna brawl it out amongst themselves, and not starting to mess with the big guns. And this is in no way mean to be offence against the smaller alliances, as they too can provide help, its just that i doubt they would take part of it.

Then there is Assman, HC of Audentes, which is former asc player. Which side you think he will take?
Then there is ND, which hates Reese/Venox.
Then there is CT, with now Kenny showing that him and Venox is not exactly best palls. And CT is theyre usual self trying to stay more neutral than sweden.
Which leaves us with VGN and ROCK left as the last upper bracket allies.
I know VGN and ND have a good bond, ROCK and Denial also have a good bond. Which means that it most likly would be ROCK/Denial against ND/ASC and who ever ND gets to tag along.

But i get tired of talking politics, so ill stop here. Everyone knows whos who and whos teaming up with who.

Bottom line is, how do you plan to beat 3 allys ptargeting u, and 2 helping with gal raids on gals you have lots of members in? Not even the genious last round tactic u guys had could beat that. I mean 4 gals containing only Denial and Xan players would still get raped when so many decide to bang. Its just the way it works
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 17:57   #413
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorn View Post
Bottom line is, how do you plan to beat 3 allys ptargeting u, and 2 helping with gal raids on gals you have lots of members in? Not even the genious last round tactic u guys had could beat that. I mean 4 gals containing only Denial and Xan players would still get raped when so many decide to bang. Its just the way it works
When you've got so much force aligned against you, you've basically already screwed up. This is not anyone's fault but Denial's. You failed to win the politics game, and you found out that sheer military force isn't going to be enough.

That's not to say that all is lost for you, at some point alliances (or rather, some of the members of alliances) are going to start looking, at which point they will need to shift their attention onto roid fat planets to keep cohesion. All I can say is 'weather the storm'.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 17:59   #414
Kenny

Quote:
Then there is Assman, HC of Audentes, which is former asc player. Which side you think he will take?
If you're going to try and post as if you're "in the know"... at least try and be a little "in the know".
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 18:14   #415
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I doubt Assassin being a former asc member had much to do with anything, others in the HC were HC of NoX who worked with denial in r26 so I doubt past alligences had much influence on audentes stance

however from the outset aud was going to hit denial, we were told not to bp together and to expect war at some point, it was taken as given that denial would probably be 1st when tagged and we would be 2nd (tho the HC said we would be 1st I doubt many of us believed em )
at this point it was pretty obvious we would do exactly the same as jenova in round 26 and ally with ND against denial, although I had rather hoped that aud would stay low and let ND and asc fight denial without us it did not happen, at least asc was involved as sure enough aud did not do very well at ptargeting and being ptargeted back and has now fallen some way out of the race for 1st.

ie audentes position was dictated by the ranks of the alliances at the start, it would have been strange if aud had completely stayed out of fighting denial, if aud HC thought we were going for #1 they had to fight sooner or later... pity for us it was sooner

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 18:16   #416
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Why on earth would audentes be interested in playing for #1. thats suicide, even i knew that preround and im a scanner. they might have potential but you cant put together 75 people and expect them to fully function together after 10 days of playing as a team.
¨
In other words i think personally that involving in a war against Denial is a mistake by Audentes because they will be Denials target in a gangbang, simply because they are the weakest link, and when Denial see 250 red fleets on their screen they move against Audentes. simple as that. Audentes you should galraid!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 18:19   #417
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

hehe tell that to the HC... or perhaps they were just decieving us by saying we were going for number one, but it certainly seemed like they believed it.
cant say I ever believed it, but then I am an eternal pessimist so thats not surprising!
anyhow ambition curtailed lets go for T5 ftw \o/

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 18:24   #418
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Well since humans started walking the earth there has been a huge difference between dreaming and facing realism. Only reason Denial came so close to winning round 26 and then won round 27 was because their foundation already was very strong. They shouldnt compare themselves to Denial, but rather play to build their alliance, which is establish a good foundation and then come back next round all fired up and ready"
Thats not too late for them ofcourse. If they now just face the reality and lays off the war they are not ready for, they could build a good morale and a good core.
Thats just my oppinion ofcourse and i do predict that audentes will not stay around for long if they dont face reality
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 18:28   #419
booji
a bucket

how do you attract people to join an alliance if you say 'lets go for top 5' lets be mr average!
it is not a good recruiting sergeant to say we are making an average alliance... even if in the longer term it may be going for higher things, the top players are not likely to join such an enterprise making it a self fulfilling prophecy.

however this does not mean that the HC had to go through with it in their actions and immediately head off and fight denial, who are proven to be able to keep fighting quite tenaciously for some time, while we were totally untried.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 18:43   #420
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

i would choose the alliance saying "this round we build a good core and good relations to other alliances, try to be top3, not throwing ourself into a war before we are ready, and looking after our members. Then we will play for #1 next round"
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 19:55   #421
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
i would choose the alliance saying "this round we build a good core and good relations to other alliances, try to be top3, not throwing ourself into a war before we are ready, and looking after our members. Then we will play for #1 next round"
And in the meantime there's a wall over there with some paint drying on it we can watch...
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 19:55   #422
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:

The more of your posts I read, the more I become keenly aware of how scarce real info is for non-hc's in most other alliances. The mistakes denial have done round after round is putting some people over others, mainly their hc. Countless, and yes we have had enough ex-denial members in asc to accommodate a "countless", have said how it was always the hc getting covered first and how there was a growing unrest about it inside the ally. Adding to that some of the hc would go very emo after losing roids. Heck, just today when Denial were ptargeting asc, one of their HC solo launched on a rock planet for easy roids instead of picking a target on the ally raid.
It's doublestandards and its not cool, I don't care about your rank or roid count, if you don't pull your weight helping the team you get booted. Teamwork wins this game, its as simple as that.

Last round asc got absolutely raped. There was not a day before pt 800 without 100+ incoming on the ally def page, serveral days with 300+ and we had no naps with anyone, was #1 target from protection ended.
Today again we held our own against 4 alliances. The fact of the matter is still that denial try to get off easy, if they had ptargeted us instead of say, aud, we'd surely be in a worse position now. You can't expect someone else to beat your main opponents for you, no matter how many alliances are hitting you, those priorities need remain straight. I think the guys running politics for us this round did a great job with not getting greedy and going for the alliance with the most roids constantly.

As for the former members, a fair number of denial players were in asc last round including eksero, maybe they are bias towards asc too? :| Time and time again I see some denial rep going on with flawed maths about how this or that alliance will get xxx lead at the final tick if the roidcount stays as it is. Disregarding XP, disregarding crashers, disregarding salvage, even without all that, HELLO THE ROID COUNTS WILL CHANGE. If you think an ally has too many roids, fair game, try and take them, alone or in a team up but whining on the forums about it like a 12yo girl just isn't worthy of cyberspace room anymore.

Hiding value? heh. If you are looking for that, look at Stuhlman, look at booji and londo in 3:7, look at religfree. Every round I hear someone say "asc is hiding huge value in prod" and it hasnt been true since that infamous win many rounds ago. We spend res, we need the ships

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 21:14   #423
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
The more of your posts I read, the more I become keenly aware of how scarce real info is for non-hc's in most other alliances. The mistakes denial have done round after round is putting some people over others, mainly their hc. Countless, and yes we have had enough ex-denial members in asc to accommodate a "countless", have said how it was always the hc getting covered first and how there was a growing unrest about it inside the ally. Adding to that some of the hc would go very emo after losing roids. Heck, just today when Denial were ptargeting asc, one of their HC solo launched on a rock planet for easy roids instead of picking a target on the ally raid.
It's doublestandards and its not cool, I don't care about your rank or roid count, if you don't pull your weight helping the team you get booted. Teamwork wins this game, its as simple as that.

Last round asc got absolutely raped. There was not a day before pt 800 without 100+ incoming on the ally def page, serveral days with 300+ and we had no naps with anyone, was #1 target from protection ended.
Today again we held our own against 4 alliances. The fact of the matter is still that denial try to get off easy, if they had ptargeted us instead of say, aud, we'd surely be in a worse position now. You can't expect someone else to beat your main opponents for you, no matter how many alliances are hitting you, those priorities need remain straight. I think the guys running politics for us this round did a great job with not getting greedy and going for the alliance with the most roids constantly.

As for the former members, a fair number of denial players were in asc last round including eksero, maybe they are bias towards asc too? :| Time and time again I see some denial rep going on with flawed maths about how this or that alliance will get xxx lead at the final tick if the roidcount stays as it is. Disregarding XP, disregarding crashers, disregarding salvage, even without all that, HELLO THE ROID COUNTS WILL CHANGE. If you think an ally has too many roids, fair game, try and take them, alone or in a team up but whining on the forums about it like a 12yo girl just isn't worthy of cyberspace room anymore.

Hiding value? heh. If you are looking for that, look at Stuhlman, look at booji and londo in 3:7, look at religfree. Every round I hear someone say "asc is hiding huge value in prod" and it hasnt been true since that infamous win many rounds ago. We spend res, we need the ships
Greenhills FTW

Unread 28 Nov 2008, 21:21   #424
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
And in the meantime there's a wall over there with some paint drying on it we can watch...
haha. that was actually not original but still funny.
I said "before we are ready though" which means they could easily join in at tick 600 if they were ready for it. But tick 200 for an alliance without a strong core against an alliance like Denial? I dont think David has enough rocks to throw on this Goliath
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 21:26   #425
Nestorn
-||-

Quote:
Teamwork wins this game, its as simple as that.

Today again we held our own against 4 alliances. The fact of the matter is still that denial try to get off easy, if they had ptargeted us instead of say, aud, we'd surely be in a worse position now.
I should have commented on every point you made in your post, so my appologies for that. But i got some episodes of The Shield i wanna watch now.

I will how ever comment on two things:

1. In most mmo games ive played, teamwork wins you the game. This game how ever isnt won by just a team, its won by politics. Divide and Conquer. You can be the best damn player there is, but if just one person is better at you in politics, he can ruin it all for you, its that simple So teamwork is rather rubbish. An alliance is a team, several alliances aint working as a team, since only one of them gets the prize

2. Ascendancy have not been in the same position as Denial, being targeted by multiple alliances from an early stage. Your delusional if you belive that. And it shows, cause when you sudgest that when in war against 3 targets, you should try and demorilize the strongest one, you clearly dont have a clue.

If we were to try out ur tactic, we would have about 10k roids right now. Cause our value would be dropping syncronic with each day we have -10% roid loss. Hitting ascendancy would mean our attacks met good mobilize defence, while our planets were under several waves of incomings. And when you have 75 ppl in an alliance, you can only have 3*75 fleet avail for def. And thats if you go all out def, and there would be no roid gain.

No offence Zotnam, but let Game or JBG do the propaganda. You should stick with BC/DCing or what ever else it is your doing.
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 21:36   #426
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Leave the propaganda for Game tho JBG
What. A. Difference. Ten days makes. Two hundred and forty little hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzi
haha. that was actually not original but still funny.
I said "before we are ready though" which means they could easily join in at tick 600 if they were ready for it. But tick 200 for an alliance without a strong core against an alliance like Denial? I dont think David has enough rocks to throw on this Goliath
I'm just going to throw a metaphor at you as this isn't really the sort of disagreement you can resolve through extended debate. "The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires".

(I don't even know if that's true )
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 22:27   #427
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
I should have commented on every point you made in your post, so my appologies for that. But i got some episodes of The Shield i wanna watch now.

I will how ever comment on two things:

1. In most mmo games ive played, teamwork wins you the game. This game how ever isnt won by just a team, its won by politics. Divide and Conquer. You can be the best damn player there is, but if just one person is better at you in politics, he can ruin it all for you, its that simple So teamwork is rather rubbish. An alliance is a team, several alliances aint working as a team, since only one of them gets the prize

2. Ascendancy have not been in the same position as Denial, being targeted by multiple alliances from an early stage. Your delusional if you belive that. And it shows, cause when you sudgest that when in war against 3 targets, you should try and demorilize the strongest one, you clearly dont have a clue.

If we were to try out ur tactic, we would have about 10k roids right now. Cause our value would be dropping syncronic with each day we have -10% roid loss. Hitting ascendancy would mean our attacks met good mobilize defence, while our planets were under several waves of incomings. And when you have 75 ppl in an alliance, you can only have 3*75 fleet avail for def. And thats if you go all out def, and there would be no roid gain.

No offence Zotnam, but let Game or JBG do the propaganda. You should stick with BC/DCing or what ever else it is your doing.

who are you?

Unread 28 Nov 2008, 22:43   #428
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
I dont think David has enough rocks to throw on this Goliath
That's coz Goliath keeps taking them all
Unread 28 Nov 2008, 23:50   #429
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

While you claim Nestorn is not in the know, it seems to me that you arent either.
What 4 alliances hit you last night? I know what my alliance did, i know what several others did. I ask this because i doesnt refute it, im just interested in what 4 alliances you think hit you.

Also i think you got last round messed up, if i remember correctly, not many alliances hit you before PT600. I know ND didn't, as we werent in a position to do so.

Also Asc this round have several times gone for the roids while others has gone for Denial, nothing wrong in that, and i see it has been profittable, maybe we have something to learn here?

You are correct that when it comes to Denial, a well known and working tactic is to launch at their HC, especially Reese/VenoX/eskero, is a good way to drain their def. Most of the times the call will be covered 100% or more. I won't say to Denial how they should run it, but i know that is not what i'd like to see in my alliance. Everyone got their own tactic however.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 00:20   #430
VenoX

I regularly lose a fair chunk of my roids for the greater good of my alliance, and im insulted you would make such foundless accusations. Myself and Reese imparticular, haven't DC'd a call since round 26, so to say we somehow get defence over others is just wrong (unless ur implying we instruct DC's otherwise?), the only reason we would get defence priority is if we have more roids/def points (which would be because of the calibre of player and not our position within the alliance).

Would it be fair if we weren't allowed to play to our full ability just because we're HC? You think it was coincidence that we all finished top 20 in r25 when only Reese was a HC (of Urwins)? Surely you want your HC to have high scoring planets, atleast it shows they are active and care about the game, I don't think you'll find a Denial member to ever question our commitment to PA or to the alliance.
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 02:11   #431
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
maybe you guys should grow some balls and do the same.
Says the guy who pnapped ct from round start untill the tick he was launched
on a ct planet...

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 02:12   #432
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

it makes sence to give pri to good players. good players are often in position of power, becasue... they are good.

also, if having a good planet is motivation for a hc or dc, then for gods sake..make sure it stays rather big

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 04:27   #433
horn

horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
it makes sence to give pri to good players. good players are often in position of power, becasue... they are good.
just to let everyone know. wishmaster sent a solo fleet to my gal at 8pm today.
horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 06:17   #434
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
*snip*
Quick round up: Politics are fluet and you won't be facing the same situation for a longer periode of time, if you have the best teamwork you will prevail, regardless of everything else.

Last round asc was for sure in the same situation, being hit extensively throughout the first 800 ticks, I should know, I was there every night to help out with the dc'ing (and my gal mostly had inc aswell). You have to think long term, not go for the short gains. If you were convinced you could take the roids from aud later, why ptarget now? By attacking asc you'd also put us in a more defensive stance, making us gain less roids off attacks because of fleets tied up in defense. Asc are also traditionally slow starters, you'd likely have more success hitting back then than now.

Sometimes, shock horror, losing roids is the only way to get the bulleye off yourself and shouldn't always be viewed as a negative in the grand scheme of things. Denial have stormed out leading in all the rounds they played, to do that you actually need to be the best alliance by miles (like asc was last round) or you get mauled.

Finally, this isn't propaganda, this isn't posted for asc or anyone else, I've posted it because that's my opinion on how things are.

Planets.
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),

Those damn emp races..
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 06:27   #435
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn View Post
just to let everyone know. wishmaster sent a solo fleet to my gal at 8pm today.
send out, either I get a cap of inactive co, or I recall in time to def again tonight

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 06:34   #436
Zotnam
Over the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
While you claim Nestorn is not in the know, it seems to me that you arent either.
What 4 alliances hit you last night? I know what my alliance did, i know what several others did. I ask this because i doesnt refute it, im just interested in what 4 alliances you think hit you.

Also i think you got last round messed up, if i remember correctly, not many alliances hit you before PT600. I know ND didn't, as we werent in a position to do so.

Also Asc this round have several times gone for the roids while others has gone for Denial, nothing wrong in that, and i see it has been profittable, maybe we have something to learn here?

You are correct that when it comes to Denial, a well known and working tactic is to launch at their HC, especially Reese/VenoX/eskero, is a good way to drain their def. Most of the times the call will be covered 100% or more. I won't say to Denial how they should run it, but i know that is not what i'd like to see in my alliance. Everyone got their own tactic however.
VGN + ND on 3:2, ROCK + DEN on 1:10 and some ND on a few big asc planets around the uni. You can argue this isn't ptargeting, but when it comes to attacking heavy asc gals like these, it works the same way (and is more effective than only attacking the asc planets imo so nothing wrong with that).
I'm not sure how many times we've hit denial since I didn't play from the start, but I'd venture a guess at 4-5 ptarget times. If ND have hit denial more than that cudos, I still think it's fair to say asc has been heavily involved in the fight.

If ND didn't hit us last round before pt 600 you are idiots, we were massively dominating and the whole united fleets thing had flizzled out at around pt 800, that's only 200 ticks you claim to have hit us and frankly that's a poor effort on your part. I know how much inc we had in ally, I know how much inc my own gal had, I don't really see how I can get that wrong..

Planets.

Those damn emp races..
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 06:37   #437
horn

horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
send out, either I get a cap of inactive co, or I recall in time to def again tonight
what kind of a top player gives out his tactics like this on a public forum?
horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 06:42   #438
Zotnam
Over the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

also, if having a good planet is motivation for a hc or dc, then for gods sake..make sure it stays rather big
You know I agree with that. But when you get 8 fleets incoming at 21 GMT you are better off covering it in gal, simply undercovering it or at the very least get people to defend that aren't going to bed for a few hours. Fine line between priority and abuse

Planets.

Those damn emp races..
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 12:19   #439
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle View Post
Says the guy who pnapped ct from round start untill the tick he was launched
on a ct planet...
atleast i grew some balls!

Unread 29 Nov 2008, 12:20   #440
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
atleast i grew some balls!
You didnt, you switched to the #1 alliance mid-round in order to stay secure.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 12:34   #441
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You didnt, you switched to the #1 alliance mid-round in order to stay secure.
Actually that was not the reason, also i left myself and my galaxy open to ASS galaxy raids.. you better watch what you say.

Unread 29 Nov 2008, 12:36   #442
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post

Is a good tactic to make kills in one planet, no need to mess up many places
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 12:49   #443
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
so the fact that he was a former asc MEMBER made it sure that audentes would side with Asc?

the fact that Bronto and Ada hc'd Nox with me, and was ALLIED to denial, made them denial hostile from the start? seriously mate, get a clue before u post crap

if audentes had made a choice based on ties from the past, Denial would have been a more logical partner then Asc.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 13:43   #444
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

besides Audentes has no asc ties at all, we just recognize that having been taught not to play with the big boys by denial we will not unlearn that when denial thinks it convenient
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 17:10   #445
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:

I have a strong respect for Asc, of course i would been a former member. Although as Kenny pointed out i left Audentes 2 days ago now, so this statement doesnt mean much.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 18:35   #446
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
I have a strong respect for Asc, of course i would been a former member. Although as Kenny pointed out i left Audentes 2 days ago now, so this statement doesnt mean much.

Fail.

p.s. what happend?

Unread 29 Nov 2008, 18:45   #447
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman View Post
the fact that Bronto and Ada hc'd Nox with me, and was ALLIED to denial, made them denial hostile from the start? seriously mate, get a clue before u post crap
Im not agreeing with Audentes being automatically anti-Denial as I dont believe this was the case but! Bronto WAS trying to organise attacks against Denial most of the time we were allied in r26 :P
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 18:53   #448
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
p.s. what happend?
I was in the slightly embarrassing position of denying he had gone nearly a whole day after he was, because i hadn't read the forums, since he was Head DC and I DC I think U can infer that his mention of his departure on the forums is as much info as ur gonna get!
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 19:11   #449
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
I was in the slightly embarrassing position of denying he had gone nearly a whole day after he was, because i hadn't read the forums, since he was Head DC and I DC I think U can infer that his mention of his departure on the forums is as much info as ur gonna get!
Nice to see the other HC are still keeping the members upto date. I do appologise btw of not telling you londo. Didnt really tell anyone other then the HC. Didnt really want to cause more agro or make the moral lower so decided to go quietly. If you want to speak to me on irc just give me a bell. Otherwise good luck to Audentes.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2008, 20:07   #450
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Nice to see the other HC are still keeping the members upto date. I do appologise btw of not telling you londo. Didnt really tell anyone other then the HC. Didnt really want to cause more agro or make the moral lower so decided to go quietly. If you want to speak to me on irc just give me a bell. Otherwise good luck to Audentes.