User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Apr 2008, 02:58   #1
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Planet to planet donations for scanners

Perhaps it would be useful to allow planet to planet donations to designated scan planets.

Sure, they can utilize their alliance fund for scanning, but what about scanning for galaxy mates?

What if the MoD isn't around to donate out of the fund?

Why should we have to keep jumping through these ridiculous hoops any damn ways?

Discuss.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 03:06   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Planet to planet donations for scanners

Planet-to-planet donations (and donations in general) have generally been discouraged due to concerns about abuse.

Whilst i wont go into details about that stuff here, what stops an alliance from calling its top planets a scanner (irrespective of how many amps?) and then everyone in the alliance able to donate cash directly to them? And their galaxy too?

Wouldnt the solution just be to give MoD power to the galaxy's scanner, and leave the alliance system as it is?

I'm not sure, just playing devil's advocate here.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 03:41   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Planet-to-planet donations (and donations in general) have generally been discouraged due to concerns about abuse.
I'm well aware of the historical implications, though that is indeed another discussion for another thread

Quote:
Whilst i wont go into details about that stuff here, what stops an alliance from calling its top planets a scanner (irrespective of how many amps?) and then everyone in the alliance able to donate cash directly to them? And their galaxy too?
Again, probably fodder for another thread, this is however a subject that needs discussion. I'll try to touch on that subject (and scanning in general) later this week.

Quote:
Wouldnt the solution just be to give MoD power to the galaxy's scanner, and leave the alliance system as it is?
The alliance system was never really in question. My point was more that the galaxy system should function in a similar way...in which case, giving MoD powers to the "galaxy scanner" would be moot

Quote:
I'm not sure, just playing devil's advocate here.
That's the basis of progressive development, and something we see far too little of on this forum--especially in any constructive manner.

Your input is always appreciated and respected as far as I'm concerned.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 04:03   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
My point was more that the galaxy system should function in a similar way...in which case, giving MoD powers to the "galaxy scanner" would be moot
Oh, i see. So, like options to use the Galaxy fund in the same way that scanners can use their Alliance fund, with presumably options for the GC/ministers to declare who scanners are in their galaxy and/or what level of resources they can use?

That makes sense.

My point about making scanners the MoD was to make it moot - as then the MoD would always be on when the scanner was on . Which would make it easier.

Quote:
Your input is always appreciated and respected as far as I'm concerned.
Love you long time too mate, cheers .
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 04:11   #5
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Oh, i see. So, like options to use the Galaxy fund in the same way that scanners can use their Alliance fund, with presumably options for the GC/ministers to declare who scanners are in their galaxy and/or what level of resources they can use?

That's exactly right.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 04:20   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
That's exactly right.
Ah. That makes much more sense. Given the title of this idea, i thought it was talking about making every planet able to do this, which i thought want an ideal option.

However, what you propose makes good sense, and if they hold the same/similar restrictions to that of the alliance fund, then they're (less than) abusable, so that should be fine too.

/me happy now.
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 04:27   #7
Cochese
Retired

I should probably clear that up in the title/op, but I've had a few rums and cba!

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 10:49   #8
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Donations add another valid def method, or aid to support following tick plans, building constructions. But unlike other games in the genre, the expenses to develope your planet dont cost enough to have a need for donations and the possible abuse it brings along.

I would say its no need curently.

Alltho I would like to see some common planet projects or need for trade to make your galaxy matter more and make it more tight package.