User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 26 Sep 2007, 08:32   #1
-=10us=-

-=10us=- is on a distinguished road
Are attacks cancelled when targets value/score < 40%

hi, you cannot attack targets smaller than 40% your value and score (see manual http://game.planetarion.com/manual.php?page=22)

but when you pre-launch on a target and that target gets bashed in the mean time, resulting in less than 40% your value and score, does your attack gets cancelled or transformed to a fake attack?

from the targets point of view this would be fair, otherwise he could be multi waved by far to big planets.
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 09:45   #2
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about
Re: Are attacks cancelled when targets value/score < 40%

As far as I know all pre-l and launched attacks still stay valid.
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 13:48   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah what Rubber said.
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 15:34   #4
-=10us=-

mmm, i suffered 4 waves yesterday. the 5th wave recalled just about when my value and score got to small for him...

so i thought this was a build in feature, but its just coincidence.

could be a nice feature to have though.
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 02:45   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That's correct; prelaunched fleets are for all intents and purposes already "launched" - if your target drops below the bash limit, goes into vacation mode, or is exiled to c200+, your fleet will still launch, and the ships in that fleet will not engage in battle at your home fleet.

In reply to making it a fake attack; consider it from the other side. You have a person who has scanned and calced an attack, set aside their ships and launched a fleet (which could be up to ETA 1), and then for reasons totally out of their control, their fleet is recalled. They've wasted a slot, they've wasted an attacking fleet, scans, calcs and time with a target that they should have been able to attack, only to be denied. For most people, that means that they wont be getting roids that day, which is generally how this game works.

Sure, it might be better if those later waves recalled. after all, that's fewer roids and the target has already lost their fleet or whatnot. But i'm just making the case that its not so clear cut. Attackers arent always bad guys - you (should be :P) an attacker to people as well.

Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2007, 09:14   #6
-=10us=-

thanx for your reply, i understand the considerations.