User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Dec 2006, 16:00   #151
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Re: Round 20 Superpowers?

the "pa team" ally will be a superpower for sure. anyone that disagrees needs a new brain. I the pa team
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 20:50   #152
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

R20 is ND's round.

Also after my research on this 'spiced up Insomnia' crew of Destiny, I know a bunch of them and they are the most hard core players and MOs and some of the most dedicated I've seen in all of the alliances I've been in. I wouldn't be surprised for an all out war between Destiny and ND at the later stages of R20.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 19:16   #153
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

it will probaby be between CT ND and FO (assuming they are playing)
personally while i think CT have a good chance of the win a lot will depend on whether ppl react to them and take the fight to them unlike rd 19 when exilition cruised to victory,
the new cluster eta's should keep the rd intresting up to the end

Ps i didnt include destiney as im not sure they will have enough members to fight for the top spot but they will probably be involed in the politics that decide the no 1 ally spot

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 19:53   #154
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
is there a reason why you think a weaker ND to last round is going to win this round?
Well, there isn't an eXilition to speak of. And ND did come second...

With Destiny and CT unproven, and FO yet to start a round together, the major competition could fall apart or just not live up to what's needed. Or a major part of the old eX crew could unexpectedly join ND at some point for whatever reason.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 19:58   #155
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

ViruS were a superpower, they always had a say in politics, possibly always at the forefront of blocks etc. If you weren't in ViruS then u possibly can't say nething bad towards them. I guess im contradicting myself because ive bad mouthed ND once or twice and have never been in them, but im going off track. ViruS were a superpower because each round they played they were influential on what that rounds politics were, and u have to be a "superpower" to single handledly create a wave in pa politics by one change of action that that alliance makes. If that makes sense im not sure it does, but what the hell.

Secondly Keiz, does it matter what alliance i'm in? I won't add alot to a certain alliance, just add up numbers, so doesnt really matter Yet i'll still strive for victory

Lastly, hope every1 has a good new year, don't drink too much, only 3 more weeks til round20, want u all in peak shape
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 20:09   #156
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
is there a reason why you think a weaker ND to last round is going to win this round?
It's pretty safe to say that every alliance, in some shape or form, is weaker than they were from the previous round. Some alliances are so networked that some still manage to cope with the losses and get experienced replacements, and sometimes, become very formidable in the first 3rd or half of the round. Very rarely will an alliance be formed within the round and end up T10 (Angels, R12) or actually win the round (1up, R11 and eX, R13).

With that being said, even with the prior politics and play a lot may call "poor", ND is the only one that is a proven force coming in R20, who has not disbanded, and who, surely, has influenced to the rest of its members and whatever is left in its core, the ND style of play and politics.

The rest of the alliances are trainers and carry-overs or come-backs from prior rounds, and then some are fairly young.

On the flip-side of things, ND might not even play R20 for all we know.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 21:06   #157
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc.
ViruS were a superpower, they always had a say in politics, possibly always at the forefront of blocks etc. If you weren't in ViruS then u possibly can't say nething bad towards them. ViruS were a superpower because each round they played they were influential on what that rounds politics were, and u have to be a "superpower" to single handledly create a wave in pa politics by one change of action that that alliance makes.
LOL.
Virus might of been a very good alliance (or not, im not getting into that debate), but one thing they were not is a superpower.
Fury/Legion/1up/Exil are/were superpowers, and Virus dont come close to breaking into that elite group.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 23:11   #158
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

that, coupled with an ND HC leaving (i assume with some members) to form his own alliance, that is apparently attracting a lot of decent players, from an uninformed viewpoint (mine) it doesn't look that great for ND.
but then i have no idea if they're recruited new/better members/HC to replace those that have left. which was why i asked demigod if there was any particular reason why he believed ND to be favourites to win
lets face it. Duck took his 1up mercs from ND to CT. ND has still its loyal core and will play a top role aswell R20. So I can't see a weak ND for the coming round. Solid Top4 Finishes speak for itself imo.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 00:01   #159
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
LOL.
Virus might of been a very good alliance (or not, im not getting into that debate), but one thing they were not is a superpower.
Fury/Legion/1up/Exil are/were superpowers, and Virus dont come close to breaking into that elite group.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 00:31   #160
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Read up a bit to see the post as a whole
ND score was built on massive suiciding, to be honest. What I frankly considered early round too, for an alliance wide scheme. Should someone have run an organized suicide mission scheme, the XP bitching could have totalled even eXilition. I bet there are intelligent people out there who'd agree with me, but there was no Ascendancy to pull it off this round as evident.

(F)Omen has had somewhat strong military (yet frail, regarding the staff endurance issue: there has been quality material, but a thin material usually) basis and has so far been a value alliance. So, I wouldn't really be astonished if eXilition find well placed value fleets a larger threat than smaller, XP-hunting, suiciding pilots. In my experience, Gate has been the best side of ND military lately, and without him, it's rarely been much more than churning fleet. Ohm. Which we promptly did a lot too this round, mainly because our military staff was incapable or unwilling of going through any more strenous efforts.

What brings me to the point. Military prowress of an alliance generally consists of two pieces. Quality members, and Quality staff. For Omen, the staff has never been competent enough (I can start off with me - I'm no chief HC, as I've for a lot of people said a million times - and continue to the very ends of finity and probably end up even lower), and the key problem has been the thin material. It's always been down to two-three key individuals to run it, take responsibility, and toss the fleet. When you have a staff consisting of three or less individuals, and no officers to take large chunks of responsibility, you'll eventually drain your stamina out.

This is what would be a key factor the coming round for (F)Omen. (Some) quality members have usually been around, even though not lately on the level of round 17, but it has helped somewhat. I'm not too impressed on the member quality of NewDawn. It's got it's sides (there appears to be a loyal core), but on the downside, without a talent like Gate running the wagon, there's obviously little less efficient military organization.

Now, as mentioned, Duck and his hounds who probably did a lot of the military organization (now, imagine, they did some, in my opinion not on the level of what it was some while ago, but regardless), and what's left, really?

CT possibly have a solid staff. If they manage to gear up the 1up officers and LCH ables they've probably pulled in, they have the material to work with. Some solid high command, plus a set of capable officer hands may be an edge in what can take them through the round. Destiny has a few pairs of hands definately able to make an effect on the military staff throughout the round if they so do - Caj and Antigone are top notch workhorses, although there's a certain element of unreliability.

(F)Omen, well, for what I've understood there are a few hands there too. The problem again, I'd predict, will, if it hasn't yet, come down to staff shortage. I'm rather convinced Destiny and CT are both better off than (F)Omen here, and NewDawn are probably left with quite a job picking up pieces from the apparent leave of Angryduck and his followers.

I'm not sure if many saw weak ND coming off to round 18 after a "decent" round 17 (which resembled the gone round a bit with the scheme, mind you). A total collapse and a cut outside top10, left us all wondering if the loyal core had really picked up a summer vacation on such a giant extent.

Vision, Tides of Fire, and such are left to where they usually stand. I'm not much of a person to talk about Vision, but from what I gathered from Angels regarding Tides of Fire last round, a three day semi-ramble is enough to get them winded and requesting time to collect themselves for the, uhm, greater good.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 01:10   #161
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well "duck" did great in ND r19 so i think CT vill suck ass r20 it would actually be a reson to play to see him fubar another round for his crew hehe but nah pa isnt what it used to be
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 01:13   #162
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

NewDawn _did_ show that they can get their players to change tactics though by making them massive suicide squads even Ali would have been proud with. But I dont think NewDawn has what it takes to be nr 1. We'll see.
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 02:52   #163
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess im contradicting myself because ive bad mouthed ND once or twice and have never been in them

You have never been in CT either but bad mouthing them...

and virus a superpower? thats a huge ****ing joke if ever I saw one

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 03:01   #164
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

workhorses aren't enough by the way guys, i hope destiny/ct have got some competent imperial overlords as well
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 03:08   #165
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
ViruS were a superpower, they always had a say in politics, possibly always at the forefront of blocks etc. If you weren't in ViruS then u possibly can't say nething bad towards them. I guess im contradicting myself because ive bad mouthed ND once or twice and have never been in them, but im going off track. ViruS were a superpower because each round they played they were influential on what that rounds politics were, and u have to be a "superpower" to single handledly create a wave in pa politics by one change of action that that alliance makes. If that makes sense im not sure it does, but what the hell.
To be honest I doubt even ex-ViruS HC would consider themselves on the same level as xanadu/ldk or fury or legion. I can only assume by your post you were in ViruS and were perhaps delusional at the time or at least on some form of respectable two year bender which also led you to believe the president of the united states was in fact a small chipmunk living under your bed.

Anyways the round will be won by a bunch of grinding idiots unless ascendancy win it in which case it'll have been the greatest accomplishment PA has ever seen bar that time I had sex with idler's sister.
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 13:46   #166
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
workhorses aren't enough by the way guys, i hope destiny/ct have got some competent imperial overlords as well
Would Mek count?
No, really, point me to an existing alliance (excluding Ascendancy and yourself) with a competent imperial overlord, or, in fact, any alliance (spite eXilition and 1up) that has housed such in the near rounds, and I'll play the whole round through with a free account.

Fingers crossed.
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 13:48   #167
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Would Mek count?
No, really, point me to an existing alliance (excluding Ascendancy and yourself) with a competent imperial overlord, or, in fact, any alliance (spite eXilition and 1up) that has housed such in the near rounds, and I'll play the whole round through with a free account.

Fingers crossed.
AndroX, Vision

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 13:52   #168
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well most allies got competent hc and officers but the members in allies tends to their own agenda instead of work pro-allie, was a huge problem in FO and omen and in ND too i think. dont think it was that big deal in exi and 1up

lack of respect i would call it
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 14:10   #169
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
AndroX, Vision
Could you please elaborate the achievements of AndroX and talk a bit on why and based on what you level him up with likes of Sid and Kaifux?
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 20:09   #170
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well most allies got competent hc and officers but the members in allies tends to their own agenda instead of work pro-allie, was a huge problem in FO and omen and in ND too i think. dont think it was that big deal in exi and 1up

lack of respect i would call it
That is connected a lot to staff shortage though. If there are officers online at all times, monitoring and showing their presence, to keep control of the members, the problem will often be solved by that. The only other thing to work is a really strict recruitment policy, and with the playerbase currently in the game, not many alliances can afford to do that and still be in for the win.

As for next round, I suppose CT will be the chief contender, if what I hear about them is true. Or they could collapse, as new alliances often do. But I think they have good enough staff for a top notch round. I don't know much about them, but they seem to have a large officer pool, which counts for a lot. I suppose I will call them the favorites.

FO lost a chunk of members and a few officers, but they are in for the win if they can manage to recruit enough officers. There is a solid memberbase there (depending on a few things...) that should be able to last through a hard round. From what I saw last round, it could be a good idea to thin the memberbase even further and get more officers. Deadweight is a problem in value based alliances, and it's important to have as little as possible, even though that might seem harsh, it's truth.

ND are a decent bunch of guys, but as mentioned by others their performance this round will, to a large extent be affected by how many players they have lost to CT. They're definately one of the most stable alliances around. Also an outsider, they could finally get a win. Definitely eligible for a top 3 finish.

I don't have any faith in Destiny when it comes to winning a round, nor in VisioN or ToF, but they will be among the most alliances in the round - they will choose who wins, and I think all these three could well finish in the top 5-6 (Depending on how many alliances fold).

Good luck to all involved, and especially FO.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 21:40   #171
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all

Yea CBA - you made me curious aswell now

Please do tell !! :P
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 22:32   #172
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Would Mek count?
In round 18, Tearz did a fantastic job as SiN HC, we may not have had a CEO, but he certainly was the most influential HC and had most interaction with our members - he was always around to help out when someone needed help, always there sorting fleetcatches for people, running around and making sure people were doing ok. I mean one day, I remember just scrolling up through the log of the sin private chan - he greeted every member that came in seperately and had a little chat with them, he didn't hesitate to kick people for being idiots (although I think Cedlind does the whole kicking people thing better ) and generally played a huge role in the day to day life of the alliance - now, this I noticed in the half of round 18 that he played before he stopped - he was different to the Tearz that had played rounds 13-16 with me. I'm sure that this was also his approach in round 17, but I cannot comment on it due to my absence from PA.

Also - Gate and ND round 14 - Gate has always been a very influential member/BC, but he only HCed one round for ND, and imo, it was ND's "best" round - it was the round that they would have to rebuild after a chunk of the members leaving during/after R13 and many being away for the holidays. Despite me only playing a little part of that round, I always saw Gate as a leading figure of ND and think that he did a pretty good job when helping ND to rebuild.
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 22:44   #173
Tietäjä
Good Son

Neither really is what we were looking for, right? Not a friendly, active, solid all-around high commander from a lower-end alliance, or a very influential and unargualby very talented military commander, not?

I still wouldn't call either of them in league of what was refered earlier as experienced imperial overlords. If either was an experienced imperial overlord by definition, SiN surely would have had way different results, ND's round 14 I'm very unfamiliar with.
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 23:15   #174
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Yes, the problem with my first example is that it is of a small alliance where we didn't make many big brave or smart political decisions (although hitting Escape while they were on their way down seemed to give us easy roids and a morale boost!)
Although Gate wasn't exactly an overlord, he gave people the image that he was, he was ND's kingpin and did very well for the alliance (the only real mistake was not hitting 1up when it was imminent that 1up would hit them)
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 23:38   #175
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

basicaly keiz, "indeed"
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 04:04   #176
Bronto
Sleepless n00b

Bronto is on a distinguished road

Well, imo it won't be any superpowers in R20 as things look atm..

But as it's turned more out to be, a prediction thread, i would guess the t5 will be fought between:

-FO (dunno what form they will play in ?!)
-CT
-ND
-ToF
-VsN

Who will win or not are yet to be shown tho.

Ruining Varok's short moments of fame since r16
Bronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 11:22   #177
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronto
Well, imo it won't be any superpowers in R20 as things look atm..

But as it's turned more out to be, a prediction thread, i would guess the t5 will be fought between:

-FO (dunno what form they will play in ?!)
-CT
-ND
-ToF
-VsN

Who will win or not are yet to be shown tho.
what about destiny? :P
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 12:06   #178
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
haha Bronto, classic

its obviously Destiny are not playing to have success but rarther for a T10-20 position

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 12:28   #179
Tietäjä
Good Son

Could you now elaborate us about your choice of AndroX for a competent imperial overlord, or did you just manage to ignore the question as a whole? And here you are, telling people to read threads properly. We're all shaking to hear more about it.

ps. Would it be possible for you to cut down that signature a little, CBA? It provides us with tons of useless content and mainly appears spammy.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 12:36   #180
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
ps. Would it be possible for you to cut down that signature a little, CBA? It provides us with tons of useless content and mainly appears spammy.
the standard is about 10 lines max. CBA has about 14.

CBA...do as keiz says and cut the sig please

especially the flaming smilies...nothing makes a player look more n00b than flaming smilies in their sig

just noticed how off topic i have been with this post...so i shall go back on topic:

top 6 alliances?

perhaps the following (in no particular order ofc)

ToF
ND
VsN
FO
CT
Destiny

FO:would defo see a strong start and hopefully a strong finish. they ended the round alot better than most expected them to (me included)
ND: with the departure of the CT players i think this will see a reliance by ND more on their core players. i sense a return to the old ND style of play. is this a good thing or a bad thing? i just hope somebody good is at the reigns of politics
VsN: With the addition of P|M last round we saw VsN come a bit more into their own. for a returning alliance they did well to hold it together last round through the fighting with Omen/ND in the early stages. i see a solid top 5 finish for them. perhaps not 1st, but will be a deciding factor in who takes first
CT: the wildcard of the round. an unproven force and a command that hasnt worked together as 1 unit before. wouldnt like to comment more than this as im not as knowledgeable as i would like to be regarding them. <3 Kafka though
ToF: always a solid finisher in the top 5 and was a pleasure to work with them last round. they have a command with its head screwed on right and a dedicated memberbase to call on. i sense another solid top 5 finish from these guys
Destiny : good solid command, who have served together before (with the exception of caj i do believe) and have, i do believe, the skills and substance within them to keep the alliance motivated enough to fight through the round. wether they can pull in the members is one thats debateable, but from what i heard, they got some pretty nice members within their doors already...member count? i have no idea :/. what rank they finish is open for discussion as i wouldnt like to pin them to a certain area of the top 6. could be one to look out for though. like CT, they are wildcards this round and an interesting one at that - <3 Bronto

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 29 Dec 2006 at 14:47.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 13:19   #181
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Would Mek count?
<3 Keizari

Unread 29 Dec 2006, 14:06   #182
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wheres Destiny Mek?

You left the out.

Come on give us your review of them
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 14:16   #183
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Wheres Destiny Mek?

You left the out.

Come on give us your review of them
bare with, im going to make some chicken soup as i have the flu then i will post my thoughts on them

Unread 29 Dec 2006, 14:20   #184
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
bare with, im going to make some chicken soup as i have the flu then i will post my thoughts on them
Thank you, I know nowt about them and no one tells me anything about them. So info etc!
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 14:44   #185
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Thank you, I know nowt about them and no one tells me anything about them. So info etc!
added them to my original post as i cba to make a new post, as you said i missed them out (not intentionally ofc am off my face on anti-flu drugs atm trying to get better to make it down the pub later:P)

hope that helps out a bit pig. not being a member i can only give sketchy info of what i know currently of their memberbase

Unread 29 Dec 2006, 17:09   #186
Bronto
Sleepless n00b

Bronto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
What about Destiny ? ;p

Ruining Varok's short moments of fame since r16
Bronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 19:48   #187
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
nothing makes a player look more n00b than flaming smilies in their sig
As does refering to performance in Mr / Mrs Netgamers ;p <3
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 20:30   #188
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
especially a shitty performance in mr / mrs netgamers!
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 23:14   #189
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
VsN: With the addition of P|M last round we saw VsN come a bit more into their own. for a returning alliance they did well to hold it together last round through the fighting with Omen/ND in the early stages. i see a solid top 5 finish for them. perhaps not 1st, but will be a deciding factor in who takes first
ToF: always a solid finisher in the top 5 and was a pleasure to work with them last round. they have a command with its head screwed on right and a dedicated memberbase to call on. i sense another solid top 5 finish from these guys
During my presense, Omen never targetted Vision, so suggesting that Vision would have pulled through fighting both Omen and ND would be grossly exaggerating. I would definately have been aware, as the high commander regarding intelligence and external affairs. It didn't happen. Omen NEVER targetted Vision during my presense.

Tides of Fire, I had a high commander of theirs in my buddypack. He eventually got closed for some silly reason (ie. allowing his boyfriend to continuously login to his account from his computer, not being arsed to apply for an exception), with the additional fact that he was brought in by Caj, who eventually bailed out the buddypack roughly 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the round. Oh, yes, and he bailed out on LCH too, Ace loved that I bet.

Oh, and it wasn't a bad BP though, with Greenhills eventually winning the round.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 23:21   #190
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
the standard is about 10 lines max. CBA has about 14.

especially the flaming smilies...nothing makes a player look more n00b than flaming smilies in their sig
well i wouldnt go that far, im a 3 round vet

but hey anyone who can get the crew to work in the same direction can win r20

Unread 29 Dec 2006, 23:55   #191
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

LA to win
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 00:53   #192
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Zing!
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 01:00   #193
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
especially a shitty performance in mr / mrs netgamers!
i dont see you coming in the top 10 of it...so clearly you put in a shit performance:P

anyway, this thread aint about how good looking iam ;D, can we get back ontopic please :P

Unread 30 Dec 2006, 03:56   #194
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
LA to win
How predictable am I?
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 11:36   #195
_Kila_
break it down!

I'm going to predict that LA go to war against CT from the off. There may or may not be a block war, this will depend on FO/ND/Destiny and their political status (like in R18 everyone predicted that Omen were going to help take down 1up/eXi but it was impossible while fighting a war with Subh and Escape). The blocks will, imo be LA/Destiny vs CT/FO/ND with ToF and Vision possibly joining either side. The block with fewer alliances will then draw in one or two smaller alliances such as HR or Vgn to try to gain the upper hand (lets face it, when trying to win a block war, you don't care about having even numbers, you just want to win)

My predicted top 10
LA
Destiny
FO
ND
ToF/Vision (whichever is on the winning block)
CT (due to taking most of the fire from LA's block)
ToF/Vision (whichever is on the losing block)
xvx
TGV
F-crew (might move up a couple of ranks due to everyone around them being involved in the war)

Although, that said, none of it is going to happen just because I predicted it so.
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 12:51   #196
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
i dont see you coming in the top 10 of it...so clearly you put in a shit performance:P

anyway, this thread aint about how good looking iam ;D, can we get back ontopic please :P
or I didn't compete? :|

I think there was even only 7 male competitors sir .o>
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 14:17   #197
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I'm going to predict that LA go to war against CT from the off.
I think that is a poor prediction.

If we do have CT, LA, FO, ND and DE (aka destiny see what I did there ) then the round won't centre around LA and CT. Sure on paper they may look like the two strongest alliances, but **** it FAnG always looked strong didn't they (love you kjeldoran <3)

I would predict that the alliances who are capable of starting wars will be ND and FO. I truly believe these two alliances will be the war horses of the round. ND have fought hard wars round after round. FO did there fair bit of fighting last round as well and are both established alliances. What these two alliances have on the new allianc es is that they aren't that scared to fight (sure it might scare them, but we know they can get stuck in)

Lunatic Asylum isn't eXilition. Will the members be as dedicated as they were under Kaifux et al? Will they be willing to be woken up for a 3rd round in a row? Do they have the officers and members to play hardcore again? You certainly saw a dip in 1ups quality (imo) in the third round, quite simply 3 rounds is tough (**** knows how 1up carried on for so long) The same applies for CT. CT isn't 1up, it's not ND, it's not Fury. It is a new alliance, the question is can the command gain the respect and loyalty of it's members in a short period.

I am not doubting either alliance, however new alliances are always rather tempremental. Looking at both alliances they seem strong and I am confident in the knowledge neither will have a problem to adapt to planetarion, in fact I would expect one of these two alliances at the top.

Going back to my point, seeing as they are new alliances and they need to gain the trust and loyalty of the members, I fail to see why they would go to war straight away. A roid race would be better for all. Build up the confidence allow the members to gain roids, when confidence is high and members are in top 100, then I am sure war will come along. But I fail to see why either alliance would start a war when there are 3 other capable alliances who could just surpass them and enjoy a roid race (FO, ND, DE)

On this point, I hope the planetarion community doesn't forget about New Dawn, Furious Omen and Destiny. This would be a grave mistake. All three are more than capable of winning the round and if you solely focus on CT and LA I see no reason why one of the 3 alliances can't go onto win. Likewise you don't want to be mugged off by any alliance.

In conclusion, I believe it will be a roid heavy, value heavy round with war not occuring until the middle to the end of the round, no one benefits from war especially not new alliances.

To add to this please be aware that there are 5 alliances competing for number 1. Not just 2.
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 15:28   #198
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
How predictable am I?
I haven't followed anything going on here for ages, so I cant answer your question.
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 16:18   #199
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Guys.

Too bad LA was a fake, eh?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 17:00   #200
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I think that is a poor prediction.

If we do have CT, LA, FO, ND and DE (aka destiny see what I did there ) then the round won't centre around LA and CT. Sure on paper they may look like the two strongest alliances, but **** it FAnG always looked strong didn't they (love you kjeldoran <3)
Well, I thought of the memberbase of both alliances (CT being 1up/ND/LCH and LA supposedly being eXi/Dragons/LDK/Gosu) I thought that they would be the 2 dominating alliances, and due to their commands looking pretty strong, I assumed that they would decide to hit each other early on, whereas alliances such as ND and FO are usually a lot more cautious with regards to going to war etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Guys.

Too bad LA was a fake, eh?