User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Apr 2005, 17:01   #51
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Declaration of War

Generally don't declarations of war come before you try to brutally rape/pillage/anally dismember people?

If so, what was the point of this "declaration"....unless it was meant to declared a couple of nights back and you just forgot...@_@
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 17:14   #52
TeK
I Dislike carDi

TeK has a spectacular aura aboutTeK has a spectacular aura about

You need a declaration of War to continue to do what you've bin doing? Dont be lame, suck on a loli pop.
TeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 17:23   #53
LT^

LT^ is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it will become apparent to you soon enough if Angels were part of a block or not.
The ones gaining from all of this in the end will ofc be eX, so bravo to them - well played.
LT^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 17:27   #54
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

pop goes the weasel
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 17:29   #55
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

I think its allready apparent LT. But indeed, Exil will greatly benefit from this unless hr/wp are able to keep them down.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 17:33   #56
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Actually, I think Angels are the losers.
yeah, ND realy rox this round

About the politics, i cba to comment, lets fight it ingame, not on the forums
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 17:34   #57
TeK
I Dislike carDi

TeK has a spectacular aura aboutTeK has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman

rep for you
TeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:08   #58
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
You cant first join a block and than threaten to join a block afterwards!
Why not?

They seem to think attacking 1up then trying to declare war AFTER we retaliate makes sense, so threatening to join a block AFTER joining one is totally consistent.

Next we'll get a thread from then saying that they're going to play Round 13.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:12   #59
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman

How long does a round last? We are not even a quarter of the way through it yet, I'll be making my judgments at the end of the round, and that will be above you.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:18   #60
LT^

LT^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Why not?

They seem to think attacking 1up then trying to declare war AFTER we retaliate makes sense, so threatening to join a block AFTER joining one is totally consistent.

We have attacked a lot of alliances. Btw BaSSe says the moon is made of cheese, so u should start building cargo ships.
LT^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:20   #61
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:

lol
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:22   #62
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Why not?

I do this every round
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:44   #63
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I really wanted to post something meaningful on this thread, but the initial post is so full of bullshit that it would be easier just to create a new thread on something.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:44   #64
Lazarus

Lazarus can only hope to improve

From what i see 1up is and always has been a bunch of cock suckers.. they'll sit here and blab all they ****ing want about how its the other guys fault and say that guys whining. they clearly are just not man enough to take anyone on heads up. fock i bet they wouldnt even go heads up again VsN or someone like that. cowards and talkers all they are.

no i'm no in angels if you're wondering. just a bystander that can read whats true and false. and i've been in a few 1up private rooms to know a thing or two
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:48   #65
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

They just won 2 rounds solo I think they can probably do things head on.

Which 1up rooms have you been in then ? :laugh: it's like Round 3 all over, "I HAXED THE FURY PRIVATE ROOMS" .
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:52   #66
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
and i've been in a few 1up private rooms to know a thing or two
Damn I knew that the "do not disturb" sign on the door handle wasn’t enough to keep the leaches out

Now go wash your tounge your filthy little animal! :eek:
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 18:57   #67
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
... lots of crap ...
Obvious troll account, look at the reg date/post count/stupid contents

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:02   #68
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Obvious troll account, look at the reg date/post count/stupid contents
Its a bit sad to make a troll account with the purpose to make a post about lack of balls while the poster obviously lack the balls to post with his real nick! (How is that for irony!)
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:04   #69
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Some 1up player had better put the cock sucker thing in the sig. Namely Zhil.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:17   #70
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

I'd offer insults and derision, but I doubt you know who I am :/

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:37   #71
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth
1up/ND/NoS/SiN/ToF ... ish

filth, you should learn to do it better
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:39   #72
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
It's a declaration of war but one which was made while blinking back the tears.
oh hicks \o/

come back ! :/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:40   #73
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, now I see why most HC don't post on these boards.

Because they look bloody stupid

Think before you post, think before you post!
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:41   #74
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbie
I'd offer insults and derision, but I doubt you know who I am :/

arent you in Coven?
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:42   #75
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Wait, you want people to scream and spam and make baseless accusations, but think before they post to not look stupid? Think before you post :/

<toot> what do you think
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:45   #76
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
arent you in Coven?
please do not confuse SiN with Coven... it is offensive
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 19:46   #77
Gumbie
SiN HC

Yeah, those poor coven people don't like to be held to too high a standard.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 20:10   #78
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
They just won 2 rounds solo I think they can probably do things head on.

Which 1up rooms have you been in then ? :laugh: it's like Round 3 all over, "I HAXED THE FURY PRIVATE ROOMS" .

Eh, why tell a lie when everyone who took part in those rounds knows that isn’t true?
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 20:14   #79
Gumbie
SiN HC

1up wanted to take people head on, they really did. It was just that everyone else wanted to play with ND instead.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 20:41   #80
Holyboy
pe0n

Holyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

1up taking Angels head on, sounds nice and all omfg 1up pwn Angels, when in reality it was 1up ND ToF SiN NoS all hitting Angels last night.

i dont want to complain so dont respond, i dont often psot on here, just pointing out that Angels did not lose roids to 1 alliance.

we hit 1up on our own, without support of any othe allies, Sid you know that i've spoken to you in pm, then we get hit by 5 alliances.

I dont moan about the fact that it was 5 alliances, but i do mona about the fact that 1up seem to be coming out of this with people thinking that they took roids from Angels on their own.

Respect to my mates in 1up anyway, and i'll come back for my roids when i can.

gl for the round all
[HomaX] Forever!
Holyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 20:54   #81
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Good post Holyboy, and im pretty certain we will get those roids back, we don't lie down as easily as alliances in other games do cos of one night of heavy incoming
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 20:55   #82
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyboy
we hit 1up on our own, without support of any othe allies, Sid you know that i've spoken to you in pm, then we get hit by 5 alliances.
Admittedly, I wasn't around at the time, but this was not the impression I got, and also, if it was the case, then it must have been a welcome relief for the MO's.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 20:57   #83
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

That is blatantly false. There have been consistently similar launch times, obviously coordinated target bookings, and ordered avoidance of planets in other alliances that is too hard to miss.

Making shit up doesn't help your cause.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 21:03   #84
Holyboy
pe0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
That is blatantly false. There have been consistently similar launch times, obviously coordinated target bookings, and ordered avoidance of planets in other alliances that is too hard to miss.

Making shit up doesn't help your cause.
talk to sid and get your facts right, i dont lie
[HomaX] Forever!
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 21:16   #85
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
talk to sid and get your facts right, i dont lie
You dont lie - no, you manipulate the truth :-p

Dont make me post pm logs explaining how much alone you were

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 21:23   #86
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
we hit 1up on our own, without support of any othe allies
Only quoting this part, as rest doesn't need a response.

IF you wanted to hit us on your own, why did you need to join a block of 4 alliances and share a target-booking channel with them?

IF you wanted a 1 v 1 fight, what possessed you to think you could get one with an alliance that was already in a block war and regularly getting hit by multiple alliances?

You hitting 1up "solo" while 4 other alliances attack us, then expecting us to fight you back alone AND fend off the other 4 at the same time isn't mine (or, i hope, most people's) idea of a fair 1 vs 1 fight.

You (Angels) may wish to hand the round to LCH/exi etc on a platter but 1up has no such desire. I appreciate that Angels' ambitions (as expressed your HC (?) in the OP of this thread) extend only so far as affecting who finishes 5th in the round - and ignoring everyone ranked higher than that. 1up, however, would like to have some input into who wins the round - and we won't let you distract us from that for any longer than we absolutely have to.

If you want to paint yourselves as martyrs feel free - but you'll probably need to make clear to the AD readership what cause it is that you're martyrs for. Here's a few suggestions:

The cause of :

"Temporarily" joining a block then leaving it as soon as the going gets hot?
Attacking an alliance which already has 4 enemies (while sharing attack plans with those 4 enemies) then crying when they don't attack you back alone?
Being totally naive about politics and expecting other alliances to behave in a way that suits you?
Choosing neither your enemies NOR your friends well?
Having HC who decide their targets for the entire remainder of the round after 2 weeks (see OP)?

Any of those grab your fancy - as they all seem to be causes you could genuinely claim to be a martyr for.

Good luck with the remainder of the round - and with your lofty ambition of being a nuisance to 1up whilst your rank plummets to assist your allies (in deed if no longer by formal agreement) in exi/LCH etc.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 21:31   #87
Holyboy
pe0n

Sid how many inc did you have from the other allies on the night Angels hit you?

and you misread my post i think, like i said on both this board and in pm, i expected to get hit for this, as did the alliance, i'm not maoning about getting hit.

The only 2 things that i moan about now, and the only reason i post are:

1.) 1up seems to have gained the credit for 5 allies work.
2.) Angels hit you alone, you had no other incs that night from a number of alliances equal to the amount you want to exxagerate our block to, :P cos none of those allies hit you on that night.

Let's not turn this into a flame war, i've said what i want, i have respect for 1up and friends there so i'm not going to get into an arguament, i've said what i want to say.

<3 all :P

remember... it's a game, :P

(edited before seen any replies, :P Sid you say here that you were in a block war, however in pm you claimed the block war had finished when Angels hit you and that we'd started it all off again...)

omfg added flame bait but it's true and needed saying, :|
[HomaX] Forever!
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 21:34   #88
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 21:42   #89
Holyboy
pe0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
You dont lie - no, you manipulate the truth :-p

Dont make me post pm logs explaining how much alone you were
what you mean alone? i'm not denying it just dont know to what you specify, :P

the mac files?
[HomaX] Forever!
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 21:47   #90
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Sid how many inc did you have from the other allies on the night Angels hit you?

and you misread my post i think, like i said on both this board and in pm, i expected to get hit for this, as did the alliance, i'm not maoning about getting hit.

The only 2 things that i moan about now, and the only reason i post are:

1.) 1up seems to have gained the credit for 5 allies work.
2.) Angels hit you alone, you had no other incs that night from a number of alliances equal to the amount you want to exxagerate our block to, :P cos none of those allies hit you on that night.

Let's not turn this into a flame war, i've said what i want, i have respect for 1up and friends there so i'm not going to get into an arguament, i've said what i want to say.

<3 all :P

I didn't check the number of inbounds from each alliance on that night in detail. What I can confirm is that there were more from Angels than from any other alliance - but yours accounted for only about 1/3 of all our defence calls. Of your block there were definitely attacks from LCH and exi from memory - though as already stated, in nothing like the quantity from Angels.

Regarding your 2 points:

1) Nowhere has 1up tried to claim credit for roiding Angels solo. We didn't. And someone would have to be monumentally stupid to believe that an alliance that lost 10% of it's own roids (1up) had taken 25% of the roids from a fatter alliance (Angels) and lost them all back with interest to a third-party.

2) Even IF you were correct in your description of your block's tactics that night, what on earth makes you think that YOUR block's choice of tactics on ONE night should determine how 1up decide's it's own tactics? IF you hadn't been in a block then the issue may have merited some slight discussion. But the fact is that at the time of the attack on Angels you were a member of a block** that had previously used the many alliances vs 1 approach to target 1up. It's totally unrealistic to join a block then somehow expect the enemies that you just CHOSE to treat you with kid gloves.

While Angels were being attacked, 1up was also being attacked - by multiple alliances from Angel's block. Yet somehow you claim for our side to use that tactic is somehow wrong or upsetting or not nice or whatever your complaint about it actually is.

When exactly did you leave the block? (I appreciate this is a tricky one, as so far you've been unwilling to admit that you were actually in it) Before or after they attacked 1up last night? Did you complain about multiple alliances hitting us to them - and say you wanted a 1 v 1 war? Or were you still a member of a block doing precisely what it is you're complaining 1up and friends did?

** By "member of a block" in this context I mean actively planning attacks in a shared channel against specific clearly defined common enemies. I don't just mean "part of a NAP".
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 22:22   #91
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Only quoting this part, as rest doesn't need a response.

IF you wanted to hit us on your own, why did you need to join a block of 4 alliances and share a target-booking channel with them?

IF you wanted a 1 v 1 fight, what possessed you to think you could get one with an alliance that was already in a block war and regularly getting hit by multiple alliances?

You hitting 1up "solo" while 4 other alliances attack us, then expecting us to fight you back alone AND fend off the other 4 at the same time isn't mine (or, i hope, most people's) idea of a fair 1 vs 1 fight.

You (Angels) may wish to hand the round to LCH/exi etc on a platter but 1up has no such desire. I appreciate that Angels' ambitions (as expressed your HC (?) in the OP of this thread) extend only so far as affecting who finishes 5th in the round - and ignoring everyone ranked higher than that. 1up, however, would like to have some input into who wins the round - and we won't let you distract us from that for any longer than we absolutely have to.

If you want to paint yourselves as martyrs feel free - but you'll probably need to make clear to the AD readership what cause it is that you're martyrs for. Here's a few suggestions:

The cause of :

"Temporarily" joining a block then leaving it as soon as the going gets hot?
Attacking an alliance which already has 4 enemies (while sharing attack plans with those 4 enemies) then crying when they don't attack you back alone?
Being totally naive about politics and expecting other alliances to behave in a way that suits you?
Choosing neither your enemies NOR your friends well?
Having HC who decide their targets for the entire remainder of the round after 2 weeks (see OP)?

Any of those grab your fancy - as they all seem to be causes you could genuinely claim to be a martyr for.

Good luck with the remainder of the round - and with your lofty ambition of being a nuisance to 1up whilst your rank plummets to assist your allies (in deed if no longer by formal agreement) in exi/LCH etc.
In the beginning of the round we were not gunning for 1up or any alliance, we wanted roids. We had discussed this at length. There were SO's who felt we were doing the wrong thing by not blocking immediately due to the fact that You came into the round blocked. We chose not to get involved with politics, since due to the loss of Alch, we were handicapped in this area.

The core of Angels are not politicians this has been seen round in and round out. We figured we wold stick to what we did best, attack and defend and see how the universe played out.

Within the first 2 weeks of the game, it became increasingly obvious that we were getting an abnormal amount of incoming from your block. This may be due to the fact that we shared buddy packs with exi , and may also be due to the fact that the universe is much smaller now.

Either way, we napped with exi. During our Nap we attacked you. Simply put, we had better intel on your coords then we had for the rest of your block, with exception to ND, whom we also hit.

Fact of the matter is, most of our incomings came from your block. And being that you are the puppeteer, we responded to you.

Camaflage it, twist it, say we blocked, it doesnt matter. Laugh at our "lofty goals" Describe us as a nuicance, or whatever you like. You have alot of fat targets that if all goes well, will sustain our rankings through the round. We are not crying, we are not trying to be a martyr, we are responding to last nights attack. Or would you have us roll over and be your lap dog like the rest of your block?
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 22:32   #92
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
We are not crying, we are not trying to be a martyr, we are responding to last nights attack. Or would you have us roll over and be your lap dog like the rest of your block?

By that logic, angels are LCH peons
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 22:32   #93
Holyboy
pe0n

first point, thanks, it was never stated by 1up members no, but was implied in smoe posts from toher allies and i felt compelled to set the record straight

second point, you once again missed what i read, in my opinion your choice to hit Angels with 5 allies vs 1 made perfect sense tactically, we were the roid fat alliance at the time and had hit you the previous night.

the last paragraph i don't understand, i was only in this infamous channel for one night, then i seem to have had a "minor" disageement with en EX HC (Hi Mactanzu) in which i was told:

a.) to go and hang myself for being a self righteous f*ck
b.) i should have my daddy pray that my precious Jesus would save me whilst hanging
c.) various and many other insults about my family, myself, and my religion

congrats Mac for knowing something of my background there and using it against me. Pld.

As you can imagine i was "slightly" p1ssed after that episode and so did not return to the channel. I have no idea if Angels is in there or not, afaik it was merely a temporary nap.

and no reference at all to the fact that you'd told me that the "block war" was over before Angels attacked you?

btw i'd like to point out that i'm in no way a representative for Angels, i have little to no influence there, i'm just an officer. (before someone rips into "Angels")
[HomaX] Forever!
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 22:36   #94
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Within the first 2 weeks of the game, it became increasingly obvious that we were getting an abnormal amount of incoming from your block. This may be due to the fact that we shared buddy packs with exi , and may also be due to the fact that the universe is much smaller now.
The first 2 weeks of the round you most definitely did NOT get an "abnormal" amount of incoming. How can you possibly define what is normal at the beginning of the round? Last night was an abnormal level of inbound.

Quote:
Either way, we napped with exi. During our Nap we attacked you. Simply put, we had better intel on your coords then we had for the rest of your block, with exception to ND, whom we also hit.
So what was the joint target booking channel with exi/LCh etc used for? Somehow you seem to totally gloss over Angels participation in a block and presence in/use of a joint target booking channel as being "napped to Exi".

You state that you deliberately attacked 1up and ND - yet the whole premise of other posts by yourself and Holyboy is that you wanted a 1 v 1 fight with us. Can you at least try to be consistent in your half-truths? How would attacking 2 alliances possibly result in a 1 v 1 war?
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 22:36   #95
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

whose afraid of the big bad wolf
the big bad wolf
the big bad wolf
well........
you* --> you** --> you*** --> and you****

ND*-->NoS**-->SiN***-->ToF****
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 22:55   #96
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
I have no idea if Angels is in there or not, afaik it was merely a temporary nap
A channel used by 5 alliances to choose targets in has nothing to do with a nap between 2 alliances - whether temporary or not.

The repeated use of the word "temporary" by Angels posters is disingenuous at best. ALL naps, blocks, inter-alliance agreements in PA are temporary - the game's not going to last forever. For practical purposes I'd submit that any agreement which does not have a clearly defined end point (either in terms of a date or a criteria) may as well be treated as being permanent by those not party to it. When you join a block you can't expect the opposition to somehow firstly guess that it's "temporary" and then further guess that in this particular case "temporary" means "until we get attacked".

You may well be telling the truth when you say you have little influence in Angels. But as someone whose responsibility within Angels includes (included?) setting targets it seems strange that you would misrepresent a channel used to book targets within the block you joined as one in which you engaged with discussions about your family with Exi HC - presumably while LCH, ToT and Vision to whom you weren't even "temporarily napped" watched on bemused.

Something else is confusing. You (Angels) want a 1 v 1 war with 1up - so you cancel your "temporary nap" with Exi. Why would you do that? Your HC has said that you're only going to atatck 1up for the rest of the round - so you aren't going to attack Exi anyway. Why would you want Exi to attack you - as that, if what your HC has posted is true, is the only thing cancelling your "temporary nap" with Exi could possibly achieve?
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 22:58   #97
Holyboy
pe0n

you nearly weren't even targetted at all that night Sid, although 1up ego's might not be able to cope with this we nearly passed you over entirely in favour of others, :| in the end it was decided that a small attack would go on on you.

personally and i cant speak for toher HC's as i dont know all intentions, all i wanted out of the night was for us to stop fencesitting, i.e. not really targetting any major ally.

I fail to see where i say i wanted a one on one war, i wanted Angels involved in the war, but i dont regret particularly what's happened. I personally entered this game to PLAY it, and that's what i want to do.

I can't say i'm happy about losing my roids, or any of angels roids, but it's a game and i dont see how people can be more happy sitting on the sidelines watching the game go on as being involved in some way.

To all those angels involved in this war now, you joined to play a war game, so stop moaning when you get incs, to all 1up involved in this war now, just fight us, and lets stop flaming each other on boards,

it's a war game and big battles are going on, OH NO, SHIT, SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG, BAIL OUT BAIL OUT
[HomaX] Forever!
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 23:08   #98
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
The first 2 weeks of the round you most definitely did NOT get an "abnormal" amount of incoming. How can you possibly define what is normal at the beginning of the round? Last night was an abnormal level of inbound.
How can you say we did not get an "Abnormal" amount of incoming then turn around and say that we cannot define normal what normal is at the beginning of the round? Seems a bit contradictive to me. Yes Last night was abnormal, but in the beginning of the round we all were wondering if the amounts of ince we were getting was normal. Fact of the matter still remains, the incs we were getting were mostly from your block

Quote:
So what was the joint target booking channel with exi/LCh etc used for? Somehow you seem to totally gloss over Angels participation in a block and presence in/use of a joint target booking channel as being "napped to Exi".
Id assume its the same type of thing youve got going on with vgn and nos. They are not part of your "block" but they help out by taking strategic targets that they may want to hit anyway.

Quote:
You state that you deliberately attacked 1up and ND - yet the whole premise of other posts by yourself and Holyboy is that you wanted a 1 v 1 fight with us. Can you at least try to be consistent in your half-truths? How would attacking 2 alliances possibly result in a 1 v 1 war?

This makes no sense as to any of my posts. I said we want a 1on1 war with you now .
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 23:10   #99
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
the big bad wolf
the big bad wolf
well........
you* --> you** --> you*** --> and you****

ND*-->NoS**-->SiN***-->ToF****
And the relevance to the topic is where?
/me wonders

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 23:13   #100
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I can't say i'm happy about losing my roids, or any of angels roids, but it's a game and i dont see how people can be more happy sitting on the sidelines watching the game go on as being involved in some way.
Im sorry that you lost your roids.. Game on.. I will alltho make sure we treat em the best.. and it will be fun to see if you come back for em
(Seriously)

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote