User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 21:21   #51
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: Round 13 predictions

Quote:
I never heard of ToT and Ministry so im gonne predict on the allys from r12...

I dunno the goals of eatch ally, i dunno it capibility, i dunno shit so im guessing blindly here...
your guess just look like your knowledge then, no offense.. but you cant predict on a top10 without knowing seriously the contender for the top10.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 22:03   #52
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Alch will be top planet tho :|

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 23:21   #53
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Alch will be top planet tho :|
I'm due.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 23:45   #54
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

The day i will be top planet, is the day Nos and WP will win a PA round.

edit 1: might happen in round 23 after all the alliances will quit and the only players left will be 1:1 and 1:2 (1:2 roiding and farming the MH and PATEAM)

edit 2: its not that i believe nos and WP cant pull a win but... well i do believe it, sorry.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 07:17   #55
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

just wondering why ToT is a T10 favorite for r13.. i know they'd made a reputation before.. but, dunno about r13.. maybe if they can muster all their hardcore's and their loyals.. or, maybe with the exit of insomnia and the other major alliances might leave empty spots for other alliances with a lot of "free agents" roaming around looking for r13 allies.. i just might not be expecting a lot of ToT on T10..

lots of anti-1up i think with people holding grudges from r12, and also lots of anti-LCH with the whole "fencesitting" thing with 1up.. i'm looking at ND, HR and ToF for T3
1-3 ND/HR/ToF
4-6 1up/VGN/VsN
7-10 will be sporadic skirmishes between SiN/NoS/Angels/LCH/Veneratio/Rock/Mistu/Coven for these places..

cant wait!!! see you all in R13!!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh

Last edited by demiGOD; 4 Jan 2005 at 07:26.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 07:22   #56
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
where did we hear that one before?

[shouting with excitement]LAST ROUND! WE HEARD IT LAST ROUND[/shouting with excitement]..

Oh u were being sarcastic
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 09:06   #57
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I'm due.
Then stop suiciding at my planet.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 09:28   #58
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
your guess just look like your knowledge then, no offense.. but you cant predict on a top10 without knowing seriously the contender for the top10.
None offense taken. I can understand why you say that you say seeing you are better into this game then i am and my guessing. But during the game i got with me some clue. How 1up came to take first spot, LCH fencesitting - holding back, the struggels between the diffrent allys Also i waz bored when i did the predictions.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 13:16   #59
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
just wondering why ToT is a T10 favorite for r13.. i know they'd made a reputation before.. but, dunno about r13.. maybe if they can muster all their hardcore's and their loyals.. or, maybe with the exit of insomnia and the other major alliances might leave empty spots for other alliances with a lot of "free agents" roaming around looking for r13 allies.. i just might not be expecting a lot of ToT on T10..
Organisation, activity and skill. ToT are a respected name with respected players, who will most likely be bringing plenty of other good players back into their fold. Angels and 1up have proved that it's possible to have smaller numbers and do fantastically well (though Angels haven't yet been tested as much as 1up, they've still done very well to steam ahead of the likes of Insomnia, NoS, SiN and Veneratio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
lots of anti-1up i think with people holding grudges from r12, and also lots of anti-LCH with the whole "fencesitting" thing with 1up.. i'm looking at ND, HR and ToF for T3
1-3 ND/HR/ToF
4-6 1up/VGN/VsN
7-10 will be sporadic skirmishes between SiN/NoS/Angels/LCH/Veneratio/Rock/Mistu/Coven for these places..

cant wait!!! see you all in R13!!
No offence to ToF; but I still think they lack the organisation to reach and hold a T3 position. A few times this round, I've seen waves get clean through on my galmate as there was simply no-one manning the bot. Infact, the only guy I ever saw DC some of his incs was fellah... It should be quite a step up from where ToF are to T3. I personally don't think ND will make T3 next round; but i believe it depends how the propaganda pans out. Who follows LCH's 'ND were fencesitters, they didn't turn on 1up when they had the chance to stop them winning, or who follow 1up's 'you gave us the round by hitting ND, you moron-nubs' etc.

As for LCH dropping down to 7-10 below ND/HR/ToF/1up/VGN/VsN, I'm doubtful of that too... they're simply too strong an alliance in game to do that. Sure, they lack what's needed to win a round IMO (it would have been embarrassing if they won this round), but they're a damn solid alliance and unless Ministry/ToT steal most of their members, I expect to see them in the T5.

Anyway, a rough guess, me being pretty clueless and all as I really don't know how powerful the majority of allies will be next round. It's possible to guess for hte likes of SiN, ToF, VGN, ND etc, but MISTU, Angels, ToT, Ministry, 1up are all very unknown quantities.

1 - ToT
2 - Ministry
3.4 - LCH/1up
5/6 - ND/HR
7 - Wolfpack
8 - VisioN
9 - Vengeance
10 - Angels

Though ofc, ToT and Min could have a shit round...
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 15:09   #60
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

1) LCH
2) ToT
3) VisioN
4) 1up
5) HR
6) ND
7) WP
8) Ministry
9) VGN
10) SiN
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 15:55   #61
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

1. random
2. random
3. random
4. random
5. random
6. random
7. random
9. random
10. 1up
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 17:59   #62
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From now on all 1up/LCH galaxy relations posts will be deleted as offtopic - you've got your own thread, rant there.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 19:53   #63
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

1-4: 1up/angels/lch/ministry
5-10: nd/tot/vision/wp/hr/sin
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:51   #64
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Following the current trend of replying without sticking your neck out....

1-10 Will be out of - 1up/ Angels/ HR/ LCH/ Mistu/ Ministry/ ND/ SiN/ ToT/ Vision/ VgN/ WP

Damn i win
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 01:21   #65
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Do you guys honestly think 1up will be able to pull it off with all the alliances going after them? It just wont happen..
You underestimate the level of stupidity and gullibility in many alliance leadership positions.

We saw incredibly dumb move after dumb move during round 12. I am an optimist, and I am optimistic we will see as many during round 13. Does that mean I believe that makes 1up the odds on favorite? No, but I certainly don’t count then out either.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 01:40   #66
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I tried to take into account every small bit of alliance knowledge I had, and make very serious predictions.

1. 1up - Sadly, honestly, and unarguable, 1up pwn PA. They will win.
2. Ministry - I figure ministry to take sides opposite 1up due to the ego's of some of the people in command. I put them over LCH due to the fact that if they come and play serious, thier core will be far better than LCH's core.
3. LCH - LCH are not weak, and they are not stong either, but even with a very inactive round 12 they ended #2.
4. ToT - They will be owned at start, then they will side and coop very hard with LCH and Co.
5. ND - ND is not weak nor strong, but they are better than HR.
6. WP - As always, WP will be a small factor in politics and have medium planets under the lime light and will not be heavily targeted. Coasting in a smooth #6
7. HR - Highly inactive, thier best days are over. GG
8. ANGELS - If they do the 35 members I rank them lower, but if they do, 45-50 members they could pull it off.
9. ToF- they are still learning, but i figure top 9 in RD 13 to be an achievement with the added addition of 2 or 3 more alliances to compete with.
10. VSN - You guys just aren't the same.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 02:57   #67
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm not going to flame you, but Ill promise you this: Theres no chance in hell LCH and 1up will cooperate, due to the tension between the two, its just not going to happen. And I find it more likely that ToT will favor LCH rather than 1up seeing as LCH is a former wing/bg of ToT. That said, Im kind of hoping for another solo round, death by blocking is boring for everyone involved.

-TheRat

[Edit] Cooperation between Ministry and ND seems highly unlikely in my eyes [/Edit]
To add my PR bit, one way 1up can make a hat trick possible is to block with LCH. That would basically garuntee it.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 03:03   #68
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Sure it would, but Id say hell freezing over sounds more likely

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 03:16   #69
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

I predict Howling Rain will end higher than Newdawn next round, so i can get my frigging free credit back off The_Fish.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 03:27   #70
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Ministry will play. They can't resist the challenge of comparing themselves to 1up.

Onto the issue of 'concentration, if you've noticed - unlike r12, we won't be as 'disadvantaged' with 67~ members because alliance limit will be broguht down hence, we will obviously remain a 'threat'. Therefore, receive a high portion of targetting early on - unlike last round. Yet once again, unlike last round, everyone is now 'paranoid' of 1up's intentions, because though we didn't intend to win, we just happened to end up with the #1slot because noone else who stepped up to the mantle, could hold onto it. Now this means, they(you) all think we are just lying, manipulative scum out to trick you for our own good - when if you look at facts, all we have done, is do what we said we would do - no letting the #1 alliance run away with the lead.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't kill 1up, I'm saying, you will.

Somethings are definite, hence it takes manipulation of the indefinites to succeed. How will LCH/ToT/Ministry etcetc all use the invariable I have stated above, to their own good, watch that closely to see who can and how they engineer the circumstances for their success.
jerome(`), knowing you a bit, due to you being pwned in rd 12, i figure you feel that you have to help 1up in some way. Anyway you can even. Your PR attempts are sort of lame, considering, YOU know 1up. 1up does have the better players. 1up does have the most dedicated alliance thus far. implying that people will attack 1up early is crap, due to the fact that after protection, most of the top planets at the time will be 1up, thus more fleets on 1 guy, thus less planets being attacked. yes, some planets will be sacraficed early and they will get ****ted, i.e Jerome`, Therat, of RD 12. But in the end, the universe is not good enough to take on 50 dedicated players. They just are not that organized. Your PR attempts are getting quite old. You have to switch the flavor a tad because its a new round.To elaborate a bit more on this "yes, some planets will be sacraficed early and they will get ****ted, i.e Jerome`, Therat, of RD 12."
Yes, the other side did manage to take down jerome(`) and Therat early, but they couldn't take down Mazz/Sid/Cypher/Chika/Artyns/Kileman/Stals/Aif/TEk(lol)/nauti/Sandman/Bashar. Some of the people i named are basically a sure in to do well. Where as 1up only had to kill 2-3 big planets from each ally, other allies had to kill like 15-20 1up planets. That is a huge advantage that 1up has. I really didn't support this theory until mid round, when the other alliances were ****ted and we were targeting LCh top planets, Sid in the priv channel said (at the time) that lch had less than 10 people over 1000 roids. We didn't have to fight LCH, we only had to fight a small %of them. Where as the universe has to fight a huge % of 1up.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 03:28   #71
Chika

Quote:
Sure it would, but Id say hell freezing over sounds more likely
No Therat. No, i don't beleive you really think 1up won't win. No.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 03:53   #72
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

1up will win, their magnificent PA 'skill' will easily overcome each and every obstacle , including opposing blocks filled with envious souls who are rapidly sinking into the mentality of blocking for security.

I am not nor do I represent 1up in any way, I have quit all active forms of gaming since the last round of Planetarion, I can however, be categorized as a 1up-sympathizer in my views, but they are my views since I hold enough 'expectation' for the other HC's in this game that they will surely remove the threat that is the almighty 1up asap. Moving on, they'll then flip a coin to decide what ransk they all shall end with, but ofcourse selfishness will prevail and with it, bickering and 1up will sneak into victory because, though envy will make sure 1up have a horrid ride, idiocy will concrete 1up's victory, right?
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 04:31   #73
Chika

Quote:
1up will win, their magnificent PA 'skill' will easily overcome each and every obstacle , including opposing blocks filled with envious souls who are rapidly sinking into the mentality of blocking for security.

I am not nor do I represent 1up in any way, I have quit all active forms of gaming since the last round of Planetarion, I can however, be categorized as a 1up-sympathizer in my views, but they are my views since I hold enough 'expectation' for the other HC's in this game that they will surely remove the threat that is the almighty 1up asap. Moving on, they'll then flip a coin to decide what ransk they all shall end with, but ofcourse selfishness will prevail and with it, bickering and 1up will sneak into victory because, though envy will make sure 1up have a horrid ride, idiocy will concrete 1up's victory, right?
I agree. RD 11. 1up won due to leadership and pure skill. RD 12. !up won due to the bozo commands and nubtardness of other top alliances. they were all blaming each other for not taking down 1up. if they all were arguing about who should take down 1up, then who actually was taking down 1up?
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 04:57   #74
TheRat
Retired

I wasnt taken down early :|

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 05:32   #75
Chika

Quote:
I wasnt taken down early :|
yes you were. You would like to not think so for ego purposes. Due to the fact that even people like Gerbie can be top at the start. But you were. Taken down early.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 06:43   #76
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

You know aswell as anyone else that 1up will keep winning until another alliance capable of leading other alliances views/actions appears. As shown by lasy round most alliances are still easily manipulated, but while 1up is the only alliance doing it well they will win. For instance ND have been in someones pocket every round i was a member or played in Ğragons as an alliance. No offence to ND meant, but your the only alliance i can speak of from personal experience. Some alliances lead the fight for #1, others help them in the hope of feeling like they had an effect on the round. Its the way PA works.

(edit: jerome` only posts bullshit anyway, its what he enjoys doing (more than actually playing the game sadly))

P.S Love you still though jerome` }{

Unread 5 Jan 2005, 12:13   #77
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

This thread reminds of pre-round12. Discounting 1up for they thought, the rest will gang to crush them. 1up will always outblock everyone to win. Look what they did in r12, they like block everyone else that are not lch friendly.

Im sure they can pull or bend something to get away with the win - but wont still be looked at as morally wrong. look ar r11, they introduce solo round - but they have planet naps to other alliances equivalent to 2 alliances in total. Funny how they fooled the rest of the uni in forcing the round to be solo whilst inventing a remedy to still slightly block without looking evil - PaX planet nap. In round12, which was inofficially agreed as also a solo round, but they blocked from day 1, as well as exploiting their magnificent creation called 'planet naps' yet again.

My guess:

1up

Last edited by furssie; 5 Jan 2005 at 12:25.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 12:35   #78
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
....as well as exploiting their magnificent creation called 'planet naps' yet again.

My guess:

1up
And 1up invented not hitting planets in your own galaxies. The anti 1up drivel reaches new levels here methinks.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 13:40   #79
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
This thread reminds of pre-round12. Discounting 1up for they thought, the rest will gang to crush them. 1up will always outblock everyone to win. Look what they did in r12, they like block everyone else that are not lch friendly.

Im sure they can pull or bend something to get away with the win - but wont still be looked at as morally wrong. look ar r11, they introduce solo round - but they have planet naps to other alliances equivalent to 2 alliances in total. Funny how they fooled the rest of the uni in forcing the round to be solo whilst inventing a remedy to still slightly block without looking evil - PaX planet nap. In round12, which was inofficially agreed as also a solo round, but they blocked from day 1, as well as exploiting their magnificent creation called 'planet naps' yet again.

Furssie, mate, i think you dont know what you wrote right now - did you ??

The fact you even used such a nap and then commenting like this now makes it quite sad....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 14:28   #80
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
I predict Howling Rain will end higher than Newdawn next round, so i can get my frigging free credit back off The_Fish.
I'm not going to be betting with you next round
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 14:44   #81
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
I'm not going to be betting with you next round
YOU CANNOT DO THAT, ITS CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 5 Jan 2005, 14:54   #82
The_Fish
ND

But I might not be ND next round, so it's not fair
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 16:48   #83
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I might not be ND next round, so it's not fair
finally got accepted into 1up?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 16:50   #84
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

As if you being ND had anything to do with them ending higher than HR. It was the blocking with 1up and recruiting large top10 planets at the end of the round that did it

Infact without you they stand a better chance, so thats more reason to do the same bet again

DEAL?!?!

Unread 5 Jan 2005, 17:28   #85
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
As if you being ND had anything to do with them ending higher than HR. It was the blocking with 1up and recruiting large top10 planets at the end of the round that did it

Infact without you they stand a better chance, so thats more reason to do the same bet again

DEAL?!?!
oi you bugger, learn to count!

ND=23.6 million ahead. Chika=23.5 million. We pwn

It was purely hte blocking 1up that did it, obviously.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 17:35   #86
The_Fish
ND

Quote:

DEAL?!?!
As opposed to your blocking with LCH/VsN/VGN/Angels?
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 17:36   #87
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
finally got accepted into 1up?
Haven't applied, and I won't either.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 20:06   #88
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate

Clearly 1up as an ally is worth 0.1 million score :/

Quote:
You know aswell as i do HR did not block with anyone (unless you count the NAP with Insomnia). Otherwise we would not of ended up attacking 1up pretty much alone. Something the rest of you did not have the balls to do.

P.S. Look at my clever double quote, i was quite impressed

Unread 6 Jan 2005, 00:54   #89
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate

Also, didn't you lose Almeida and ChronoX (only 5.5 mil tho)? And then Almeida went to HR (Only what i saw on final rankings thread)?
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 01:55   #90
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Before we were aligned with 1up, we had the same alliances targeting us as were targeting 1up. The result of this common interest was an agreement with 1up. HR just sat in the middle and took things as they came.

Swings and roundabouts, although ND probably took the tougher deal, gambled to try to win, had a half decent shout, it backfired as other alliances didn't go for 1up as hoped, got heavily targeted and yet still finished ahead of HR.

HR set their stall out to be very difficult to focus upon, hence were generally left alone with regards to alliances trying to set them up the bomb.

The result of political persuasions (based largely on spite) next round is probably resulting in two blocks, with 1up or ToT the likely victors. Although i have to say things could shift politically till then. One thing i'm pretty sure of is that it's not going to be a patch on r12.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 02:01   #91
Goodfellah
*** [ToF] Yakuza ***

Goodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura about

top 5: 1up, nd, hr, min lch/tot
top 5-10: vgn, wp, vsn, angels (depending on membercount) tof/sin

tof being T3 : would be cool , but not really realistic. and gate, i dont think every wave on a nd planet got deffed aswell. yes we are still a learing and new ally. But again there is lil faith in tof getting a top 10 spot, even tho we did it this round after loosing about about 6-7 members to ND. anyways predictions suck donkeyballs, we'll see it when we get there....
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 02:11   #92
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe we'll be T3 either (would be damn cool though =D ) aslong as we're ranked somewhere between 5-10 i'll be happy.
Not many people have faith in us, though we did finish t10 twice and we've played 2 rounds so...
Watch out for us...

As for my r13 predictions, I believe 1up has a good chance of winning, but then again, that all depends on how the round progresses and how things are played out politicaly.
Looking forward to seeing the likes of ministry and ToT in action.
R13 atm can go any way, it can be a classic or it can be the most boring round ever...
predicting the outcome of r13 now is like predicting what country bush is going to invade next, it could be just about anything

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 06:50   #93
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
although ND probably took the tougher deal,
Yes, ND attacked the best alliance in the game and got incomming back from them. Oh wait, no you didnt HR did.

Now dont be mistaken, im sure ND went through a tough time and fought very hard for 3rd. The problem is its all perspective.

Unread 6 Jan 2005, 07:34   #94
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

*imaginary conversation before the round 12 started*

<1upSeniorOfficer> Sid, how do you propose to win round 12? All of the alliances will be looking to target us.
<sid> We will announce to the pa world that we will only play with 60 odd members, this way we will be seen as less of a threat. Then we will tell the PA world that we are only playing as "kingmakers" This way we can block with an alliance and cover our back door. In fact we can make a few alliances believe that we will be working to make them as kings but will only tell one explicitly that they are the chosen one.
<1upSeniorOfficer> But wont that make the universe attack whomever they decide we are trying to make kings?
<sid> Yes,exactly. While they are attacking our chosen alliance, if we keep close enough in rankings we may be able to sling shot past the rest into first place. Alot will depend on how the other alliances react to our chosen "king"
<sid> now i just have to figure which alliance will be stupid enough to be our bait......

"By holding out baits, he keeps him (enemies) on the march; then with a body of picked men he lies in wait for them." Sun Tzu on the energy of war.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 08:48   #95
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Angels didn't give a rats arse about ND, so don't add us to the list of alliances that hit you, we had more interesting and efficient things to do then joining the bandwagon on ND.

Also, it's funny. When you give your opinion about T10 alliances, we're hardly worth mentioning, when you however give a list of alliances that hit you, then suddenly you make sure we're mentioned on it while we didn't even really bother hitting ND.

And Lokken, I agree that alliances that hit you before allying with 1up were hitting you after allying aswell. I however (due to personal reasons which I will not state again) think things would have been different if you didn't ally 1up.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 09:54   #96
ils

ils is an unknown quantity at this point

1. 1up
2. NewDawn
3. LCH
4. Angels
5. wp
6. Ministry
7. Mistu
8. Vengeance

just my thughts:]
eX FAnG
*Comander of DreamTeam*
EvoL and Dream to tha Bone
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 11:07   #97
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
*imaginary conversation before the round 12 started*
*imaginary conversation after round 12 finished*

<Anti1upMoron> Irrespective of what evidence there is to prove that inept tactical and strategic decisions, spineless fencesitting shitbags and a general lack of class gave 1up the round on a plate I am just going to carry on banging about teh evul 1up manipulating everyone to be thier minions

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 11:59   #98
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Angels didn't give a rats arse about ND, so don't add us to the list of alliances that hit you, we had more interesting and efficient things to do then joining the bandwagon on ND.

Also, it's funny. When you give your opinion about T10 alliances, we're hardly worth mentioning, when you however give a list of alliances that hit you, then suddenly you make sure we're mentioned on it while we didn't even really bother hitting ND.

And Lokken, I agree that alliances that hit you before allying with 1up were hitting you after allying aswell. I however (due to personal reasons which I will not state again) think things would have been different if you didn't ally 1up.
I was accusing HR of having agreements with those alliances, not that they were all hitting ND.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 13:37   #99
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Yet people think we were stupid to ally 1up?

Quote:

Lokken, you tried to be as objective as possible, but still from your rather ND biassed approach (which is normal). I for one would claim the nap with 1up was a VERY stupid decision, but that's just my oppinion and it's based on my biassed approach.
I shall note that one down, it's gold, 'do not ally with those having a mutual interest, Kj thinks its ****ing retarded'.

This is exactly the problem with planetarion - no objectivity with personal bias ruling the roost. No one wants to try to win, merely take out people they don't like - what a crap, uncompetitive way to play the game. Very few people understand how to win, hence why 1up keep winning. LCH are a criminal waste of talent, HR stink of average, ND can be very good but are wildly inconsistent, the rest aren't worth writing about. Hopefully Ministry and ToT can offer something different.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 13:41   #100
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
I was accusing HR of having agreements with those alliances, not that they were all hitting ND.
Actually I'd wager HR had no such agreements - the fact is that their anti 1up stance meant they weren't targetted to anywhere near the level, that ND were by being specifically targeted once LCH and chums gave up on 1up.

Sadly HR can't work out this distinction.