User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Jun 2006, 13:48   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What are your thoughts on becoming a parent?

I don't know what the situation is like elsewhere in the UK but apparantly if wanted to become a dad, due to the extreme shortage of sperm donors, i could.

So does anybody want to have a kid without the hassle of actually raising it?
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 13:50   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: What are your thoughts on becoming a parent?

Not in a million years.

I want my god given chance to **** up the kid badly, and I will die defending that.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 13:51   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

no.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 13:53   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I quite want to do this, but I think I'm probably banned from donating sperm / participating in any medical trial or anything like that.

I'd want to have a kid in the normal fashion, but I can't see how you could have too many descendents / possible organ donors.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 13:56   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: What are your thoughts on becoming a parent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I quite want to do this,
Nobody wants a junkie baby. No-one.

I can conclusively say that Fatherhood, even if the sum total of 'fatherhood' would in this case merely involve cracking one off in the back room of a clinic, does not appeal to me in the slightest.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 13:57   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't take heroin.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:01   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd never donate my sperm, given the 2004 regulations forcing disclosure of my personal information to any child brought about by my sperm. It wouldn't be worth the pittance earnt through having a wank.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2004/20041511.htm
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:02   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't take heroin.
Just pills, coke and weed, am i rite?
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:07   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I'd never donate my sperm, given the 2004 regulations forcing disclosure of my personal information to any child brought about by my sperm.
This wouldn't really bother me. Why would it matter particularly (to you I mean)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM
Just pills, coke and weed, am i rite?
Certainly not.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:10   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'd never donate my sperm, given the 2004 regulations forcing disclosure of my personal information to any child brought about by my sperm. It wouldn't be worth the pittance earnt through having a wank.

You get PAID for being a sperm donor???!! And here's been me wasting time making up a CV :sad:

On the disclosure bit ... the kid only finds out when they're 18 AT THE EARLIEST so it's not like you're actually gonna have to be a parent.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:12   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I quite want to do this, but I think I'm probably banned from donating sperm / participating in any medical trial or anything like that.
I went to give blood a while ago in college with a friend but when we got there he had to leave as he'd realised he'd done enough coke to kill a small horse a few weeks earlier in Vegas. I chuckled heartily when his name was called out and he didn't show up.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:12   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Certainly not.
Sorry, I forgot the Toilet Duck and Mr Sheen.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:19   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I went to give blood a while ago in college with a friend but when we got there he had to leave as he'd realised he'd done enough coke to kill a small horse a few weeks earlier in Vegas.
He probably would have been fine, it passes through your system quite quickly (2-3 days max I think).
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:24   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Wouldn't it be different for the Irish? I mean, they have different physiologies to us.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:30   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He probably would have been fine, it passes through your system quite quickly (2-3 days max I think).
On the question paper it said the last six months. Just thinking about it now maybe it was something more to do with needles or something. It just said have you ever taken class A drugs (with a list) and class blah blah in the last six/twelve months.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:32   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

What would it matter? The needles thing is hardly an issue since they surely screen all the blood anyway. Does class A actually have any direct effect on the blood?
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:33   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
It just said have you ever taken class A drugs (with a list) and class blah blah in the last six/twelve months.
Yeah, they asked me that too. I just said no.

Most drugs can't be detected after a relatively short period (pot being a relative exception here) by blood tests. In my case, it was a prescription drug that I got kicked off for...
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:34   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
What would it matter? The needles thing is hardly an issue since they surely screen all the blood anyway. Does class A actually have any direct effect on the blood?
To be honest I have no idea. I'd just really hate to be trying to help someone and **** them up even worse
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:59   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
To be honest I have no idea. I'd just really hate to be trying to help someone and **** them up even worse
That's a damn good argument for never helping anyone right there
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:01   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
That's a damn good argument for never helping anyone right there
I sincerely hope you're joking.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:09   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
This wouldn't really bother me. Why would it matter particularly (to you I mean)?
I wouldn't want that child in my life. Harsh but true. Sperm donation is a means to an end - it might pay for a night out or a meal in a restaurant (but not expensive versions of either of these). If I donated today and it was used tomorrow, I could have that child finding me in 2024. I don't want that hanging over my head, nor would I want that type of event affecting my life when (hopefully) settled down with a wife and kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
You get PAID for being a sperm donor???!! And here's been me wasting time making up a CV :sad:

On the disclosure bit ... the kid only finds out when they're 18 AT THE EARLIEST so it's not like you're actually gonna have to be a parent.
It's £15 maximum, nothing staggering

And they might still want to see you/bug you/get money out of you. Doesn't really seem worth the £15.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:12   #22
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I sincerely hope you're joking.
Of course I am, but the point is that I'm not aware of anything that drugs could do to your system to make it dangerous to give blood, especially considering the speed with which most drugs leave the system. As with most things to do with drugs they are being ridiculously over-careful.

If there was worry about needles (and AIDS etc I assume) then they should just ask about that.

In this situation all it's going to do is stop people who could have helped from helping, exactly like you said. There could be an angle to do with the physical effects etc that I'm not aware of, and I'm ready to learn, but I don't think that is the case.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:19   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I wouldn't want that child in my life.
I'm not sure how they could force you to have them in your life.

Quote:
Sperm donation is a means to an end - it might pay for a night out or a meal in a restaurant (but not expensive versions of either of these).
Well, these aren't the primary reasons I would want to do it, but I accept this will vary.

Quote:
If I donated today and it was used tomorrow, I could have that child finding me in 2024.
I'm still not seeing the problem. Maybe it's because I don't really think about the future in that respect very much, but it wouldn't seem an overly traumatic experience.

"Hey, this is weird but I'm your son!"
"Really? Cool. I'm D, I'm fantastic."
"You seem to be a bit of a cock, tbh."
"Oh well."
"..."
"..."
"So...I'll be off then."
"Sure. See you later!"

Quote:
And they might still want to see you/bug you/get money out of you.
I don't mind people wanting to see me. They could ask me for money, if I had it to spare, I'd happily give. If not then no biggie.

I think it could only be weird if they turned out to be a hot female. And then...as Quagmire would say...."Jackpot!"
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:25   #24
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
If I donated today and it was used tomorrow, I could have that child finding me in 2024.

June 2006 + 9 months + 18 years = February 2025

[/pedant]
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:27   #25
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
"Really? Cool. Got any fit female friends?"
Fixed...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:28   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Of course I am, but the point is that I'm not aware of anything that drugs could do to your system to make it dangerous to give blood, especially considering the speed with which most drugs leave the system. As with most things to do with drugs they are being ridiculously over-careful.
I don't know about you dude but my medical degree isn't exactly top drawer internet spam-mail stuff

I'll ask a few people I know in medicine!

PS Dace would be off looking for her in 2018
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:32   #27
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't know about you dude but my medical degree isn't exactly top drawer internet spam-mail stuff

I'll ask a few people I know in medicine!
It is badly documented but ´it is said´ that since men´s semen dies off and gets reborn like every 24 hrs there is not much that can influence it.

It is rumoured, however, that LSD can change your genetic makeup, as well as some brands of xtc/ghb.

For women it is a whole different ballgame as they are born with all the eggs they will ever have.

Now, i´m off to make some more shit threads.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:36   #28
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

It might have more to do with the risk of having been infected with something else (i.e. through needles) with a longer incubation period, than with the drugs themselves.
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 16:01   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
And what would you say if the kid turned out to be half black?
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 16:01   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
And what would you say if the kid turned out to be half black?
I would try to buy drugs from them.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 16:07   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
This answer so deserved to be cut him in half
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 16:24   #32
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
It would be amusing if this actually happened. More amusing still if they beat you up and took all your shit.

Would you please take your penis down to the clinic? I'm sure I'll need cheering up in eighteen years' time and my diary's empty for 2024.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 16:55   #33
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I've heard on the forms there is a question asking "Are you currently, or have you previously played Planetarion?" if you answer yes, you are automatically burnt at the stake with a bouquet of flowers in your bottom.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 17:19   #34
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
I've heard on the forms there is a question asking "Are you currently, or have you previously played Planetarion?" if you answer yes, you are automatically burnt at the stake with a bouquet of flowers in your bottom.
wtf ahoy.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 18:05   #35
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
why?

anyway, it really is odd to me that they are having troublefinding donors. personally, i think i wouldn't care much about the existence of children who i wasn't raising (tho as dante says that would certainly change in a hurry if i needed a kidney or something).
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 18:39   #36
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
why?
I tested positive for diazepam on a previous medical trial.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 18:45   #37
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Do they keep a record of that? If so just wear a huge false moustache next time and call yourself Harold.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 18:51   #38
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Do they keep a record of that?
Yes. There's a central database of all UK trial volunteers (primarily to stop people "over-volunteering"). Or so they told me.

I'd need a fake passport to start again (sup Dace).
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 18:54   #39
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Yes. There's a central database of all UK trial volunteers (primarily to stop people "over-volunteering"). Or so they told me.
I call bullshit on that.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 19:11   #40
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

how much do they pay?
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 19:28   #41
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why would you volunteer for medical experiments? Does it pay well?
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 19:43   #42
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A child on the hand is worth two in the bush.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 19:47   #43
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

I remember hearing about a woman sueing the sperm donor for child support or was that in Legally Blonde?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 20:07   #44
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

all I can say is that I hope most of the people on this forum never have children.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 21:32   #45
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

for me the main reason i wouldn't do something like that is the untraceability for the donor thing. curiosity would kill me.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:13   #46
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
for me the main reason i wouldn't do something like that is the untraceability for the donor thing. curiosity would kill me.
Besides, you're gay. Gays aren't supposed to have children.. God says so!*

* Might be a misquote, only have this from second-hand sources
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:13   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I call bullshit on that.
Well, possibly. I know when I signed up I had to sign a disclamer saying I didn't mind my records going into a general database which other research places would have access too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Why would you volunteer for medical experiments? Does it pay well?
I thought I talked ad nausea about this at the time...

It paid reasonably well (about £3k for almost zero effort) but that wasn't my first motivation.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:17   #48
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2004/20041511.htm
Same over here. And after they made that rule, there has been very few who has been coming forward to donate sperm...
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote