User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:46   #1
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
What have the PA crew been doing ffs?!!

I seriously do wonder whether they even bother to look at what they are doing when it comes to planetarion. Let me give you one example:

All fellow Zikonians please look in the production screen at the corsair. What does it say? Yes thats it. Its the one that claims to target fighters. REALLY? you mean to say you sent lots of corsairs at a planet with fighters and didn't get a SINGLE one?!! Well you must be a noob then. Clearly anybody who pays any attention to what the people at planetarion have written for any of the ships are noobs.

But, wait, isn't the point of this round to get noobs and old players to join? Not much good when the creators don't seem to give a toss about it. Luckily I did not fall into this trap, but it is a fairly big hole that I am sure has swallowed up a number of new players already. So here is my message to Spinner and co:

PULL YOUR GODDAMN FINGER OUT!
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:49   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
thats PATEAM thanks
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:53   #3
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
I would LOVE to knwo what difference that makes. The PA crew/team/whatever u wanna call the lazy people running PA have done so little to the game except for changing a few stats around, adding in one or 2 ships, and this is since round SEVEN! Look at the marauder for instance, it is a frigate yet it is still in between the clipper and rogue on the production screen. It is shear laziness!
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:53   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What have the PA crew been doing ffs?!!

Quote:
Originally posted by HAL-9000
All fellow Zikonians please look in the production screen at the corsair. What does it say? Yes thats it. Its the one that claims to target fighters. REALLY? you mean to say you sent lots of corsairs at a planet with fighters and didn't get a SINGLE one?!! Well you must be a noob then. Clearly anybody who pays any attention to what the people at planetarion have written for any of the ships are noobs.
Lightly armoured super fast Swarmer fighter, armed with 2 very light guns, targetting not tailored to other Fighters.
350 Metal, 250 Crystal

You appear to have missed the meaning of the word 'not'.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:55   #5
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Re: Re: What have the PA crew been doing ffs?!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Lightly armoured super fast Swarmer fighter, armed with 2 very light guns, targetting not tailored to other Fighters.
350 Metal, 250 Crystal

You appear to have missed the meaning of the word 'not'.
You appear to have missed the meaning of 'targetting'.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:56   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: What have the PA crew been doing ffs?!!

Quote:
You appear to have missed the meaning of 'targetting'.
Targeting not tailored to other fighters

tailored means designed

So Targeting not designed for other fighters

So Not designed for targeting fighters

So Does not target fighters
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:57   #7
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
I would LOVE to knwo what difference that makes. The PA crew/team/whatever u wanna call the lazy people running PA have done so little to the game except for changing a few stats around, adding in one or 2 ships, and this is since round SEVEN! Look at the marauder for instance, it is a frigate yet it is still in between the clipper and rogue on the production screen. It is shear laziness!
I asked about that one a while back, it is intentional - keeping all the steal ships together.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:57   #8
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Funny because if that is the meaning, why was it exactly the same as that when it used to target fighters?
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 17:59   #9
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
I asked about that one a while back, it is intentional - keeping all the steal ships together.
Then why is the theif all the way inbetween the cutlass and cutter?
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:03   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Funny because if that is the meaning, why was it exactly the same as that when it used to target fighters?
Don't ask me.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:04   #11
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
well does it matter, if u read the fking manual u can see it there.
And corsairs never targeted fighters!

and btw PAcrew is the guys that made this game, with out them there wouldnt have been a game so plz be more positiv
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:06   #12
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Quote:
Originally posted by MadeMan
well does it matter, if u read the fking manual u can see it there.
And corsairs never targeted fighters!
Firstly as I said I did not fall for it but there are plenty of newbies who will not undertsand the manual, etc, and as this round is meant to bring in the newbies yes it does matter.

AND YES CORSAIRS USED TO TARGET FIGHTERS! Used to go Fr, Co, Fi iirc
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:07   #13
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
He made us all look at the production screen though.
A quite effective troll post.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:16   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Firstly as I said I did not fall for it but there are plenty of newbies who will not undertsand the manual, etc, and as this round is meant to bring in the newbies yes it does matter.

AND YES CORSAIRS USED TO TARGET FIGHTERS! Used to go Fr, Co, Fi iirc
Well, it's right now.

What's your issue?
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:19   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Trolling is banned on the forum.

Did you know that?

In addition, despite whether the information on the production screen is flawed or not, not all ship information is given on that screen, therefore, it is logical to assume that to gain the full picture of the game, one would be expected to consult the manual, where ship stats and information about the game are listed in full.

Now. What you must understand is that PATeam is not infallible. It doesn't claim to be, it doesn't want to be nor should it be. You cannot expect perfection from an imperfect being. And you cannot expect perfection from someone who you treat like ****. It's just not fair.

If you have criticism don't troll and moan because that's stupid. it means that no one will like you however much noise you make. Point out the mistake kindly and it'll be dealt with and you'll have a friend.

Additionally, I don't think a newbie is going to be too concerned about what targets what at the moment, most are probably feeling their way around the game at the moment, and as such, they are likely to make mistakes, and they are likely to realise that PATeam make mistakes too.

Get a clue.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:21   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I've no idea what his problem is, as the Production screen is correct.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:24   #17
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
****ing moaning ****..

be thankful you've got an account you freeloading twat
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:26   #18
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Someone made rather a fool of themselves in posting this thread it seems
If you're going to be an arrogant troll, at least make sure you're correct
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:31   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'd say this discussion is at it's end.