User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:02   #1
Borgoroth
Reunion

Borgoroth is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Fair?

This tick I was attacking someone, and under attack myself too. I first got combat report from my attack. Some losses but got roids too. Then I get combat report from my planet. My new roids are already there and my roid count is already bigger and he steals more roids. I think this is unfair, as shouldnt combat ticks all be simultaneous? Also I find it illogical: roids I steal are home in 1 minute.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:09   #2
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
How can it be simultanious, even if you want it to be?

Its a loop, and it works through each combat by (id?), if you come before him, well bad luck.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:13   #3
Borgoroth
Reunion

yup, I understand how it works, but I dont have to like it
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:17   #4
Pitchfork
Tourist

Pitchfork is an unknown quantity at this point
well, it shouldn't be that difficult to calculate combat's into a temp table and commit changes after everything is finished... This would require coding, though
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:22   #5
Borgoroth
Reunion

I thought something like that too. Hope this will be in r10 if battles are done similar way
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:30   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
if you dont like the way THAT works

then the only alternitive is to have the roids gained when your ships arrive at your base from the attack
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:51   #7
MadeMan
180ş

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
like in [another online strategy game] ^^

Last edited by Leshy; 3 Apr 2003 at 22:35.
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:58   #8
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MadeMan
like in [another online strategy game] ^^
Yes altho it maybe annoying it makes sence :-) as how do they explain the roids geting back in no time at all?? magic?? if so can my shipies come back via the same route???

Last edited by Leshy; 3 Apr 2003 at 22:36.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:33   #9
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
it shouldnt be to hard to just make all roids move to the planets AFTER the tick in a secondary tick or something. But then you'd have people moaning about not getting the resources.

So first combat tick, then roid tick, then resource tick..

could work
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:45   #10
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
if you dont like the way THAT works

then the only alternitive is to have the roids gained when your ships arrive at your base from the attack
/me agrees

It would seem logical to return the roids to your planet in your fleet and shouldnt be hard to impliment.

As for is the current system fair? Well it is as it effects everyone, but that isnt what the thread starter meant, I dont think
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:46   #11
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus
/me agrees

It would seem logical to return the roids to your planet in your fleet and shouldnt be hard to impliment.

As for is the current system fair? Well it is as it effects everyone, but that isnt what the thread starter meant, I dont think
Ah, so the rumour that you died was false.

HI
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:47   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I believe it was explained in the past by the Astropod blowing up, causing the SECRET COMPONENT to form a rift in space-time, the blast of the pod pushing the roid through it, back to your planet.

Maybe the pods are explosion-proof nowadays
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:48   #13
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point
IIRC the description for astropod used to read something like

"this ship opens up a warp gate to transport the asteroid back to the home planet ".

nfi what the manual currently says tho.

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:51   #14
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I believe it was explained in the past by the Astropod blowing up, causing the SECRET COMPONENT to form a rift in space-time, the blast of the pod pushing the roid through it, back to your planet.

Maybe the pods are explosion-proof nowadays
lo parra btw

Yes leshy your explanation of how the roids get back to the attackers planet is 100% correct. However, it would add an additional strategy aspect if the roids traveled home with the pods.

i.e I steal roids of you, you plan an attack to grab them back as my pods arrive home.

But hey, its good to talk
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:57   #15
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
The down side to these old vessels is the amount of energy required to open the jump gate to transport the specimen. When the warp gate is activated, and an object enters the distortion field, the energy displacement created by tearing a hole in local space feeds back into the Astro-Pod itself causing it to explode.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:58   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I think the problem with the database and roids was supposed to be that the roids would have to be destroyed and then created x ticks later at the new planet or a whole new system, like the one for ships travelling, would need to be implemented. Of course maybe it really would be simple, coding was most certainly not my strong point heh.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 00:03   #17
Fungi
Reincarnated PA Player

Fungi is an unknown quantity at this point
And since pods don't blow up, how the hell the roids get home so quick? Paul Daniels?