User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:02   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Not Funny.

I am a “narrweet” myself and this is boring!

We hit targets every night (almost) and we are facing lesser and lesser resistant
I consider myself a reasonable “good” player and play this game for the joy and challenge of it.
The challenge part has gone! We send our fleets and then we don’t even bother to check the first tic cos we get our roids anyway…….

Recent rounds I always played in Gals/allies who where against the “evil” Furgion side and those times were always a challenge! We had to plan everything in detail to get our roids and not losing to many ships….

Sure I like to be “big” but where is the sport if everything is this easy?

I’m in a mixed Gal so we/I cant/will go on my own
Yes: I talked to my HC but now answers there…
Nope: will not Exile myself..

…..and still so many days to the end… who will I attack next?
MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:04   #2
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Attack my galaxy. We always wipe out about 4 fleets. Yours is as good as any other.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:09   #3
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Re: Not Funny.

Quote:
Originally posted by MotoX
I am a “narrweet” myself and this is boring!

We hit targets every night (almost) and we are facing lesser and lesser resistant
I consider myself a reasonable “good” player and play this game for the joy and challenge of it.
The challenge part has gone! We send our fleets and then we don’t even bother to check the first tic cos we get our roids anyway…….

Recent rounds I always played in Gals/allies who where against the “evil” Furgion side and those times were always a challenge! We had to plan everything in detail to get our roids and not losing to many ships….

Sure I like to be “big” but where is the sport if everything is this easy?

I’m in a mixed Gal so we/I cant/will go on my own
Yes: I talked to my HC but now answers there…
Nope: will not Exile myself..

Heh, The_necro, now is even the weet/nar members posting the so-called VoM propaganda threads. Where will this end?
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:09   #4
InTGuRu
I love Kwon Boa

InTGuRu is an unknown quantity at this point
if you want some fun, do target picking in #planetarion. won't change a thing but still good for a laugh

[19:36:04] <Vaporizer> he is re-assuring isn't he...you can always think 'at least you're not intguru'

[15:02:56] <Newt|revising> ive got u in my siggy InTGuRu!!!!!!!
[15:03:00] <Newt|revising> u shud return the favour
InTGuRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:16   #5
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
1:1 ?

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:21   #6
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by InTGuRu
if you want some fun, do target picking in #planetarion. won't change a thing but still good for a laugh
planning attacks in public channels owns =)
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:22   #7
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts

Quote:
[b]Yes: I talked to my HC but now answers there…[b]
No surprise there. they got the universe into this, completly overestimated vvomm threat and underestimated their own combined size and now they haven't gotten a clue how to get out of this easily but still be quaranteed to win the round.

Atm they are all winning (or whatever you call it) and any move would mean taking a risk which is something that they exactly tried to avoid by superblocking.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:26   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Not Funny.

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
No surprise there. they got the universe into this, completly overestimated vvomm threat and underestimated their own combined size and now they haven't gotten a clue how to get out of this easily but still be quaranteed to win the round.

Atm they are all winning (or whatever you call it) and any move would mean taking a risk which is something that they exactly tried to avoid by superblocking.

hAl
that pretty much summed it all up correctly

the question now is which HC`s have the balls to step forward and drive their ally into war.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:30   #9
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Akallabeth
planning attacks in public channels owns =)
Haha i remember that attack last round!, by time i had clicked launch then scans then news scanned the guy had about 12 times my fleet worth in def, still made him wait till eta 1 to let all those useful def fleets get recalled

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:34   #10
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Not Funny.

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
that pretty much summed it all up correctly

the question now is which HC`s have the balls to step forward and drive their ally into war.

Prolly Eclipse they got some well known backstabbers
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:47   #11
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Not Funny.

Quote:
Originally posted by TAFKAJ
this is by far one of the most moronic posts I've seen lately.

and as far is 'not funny' I find being able to afford sending an entire galaxy to cover one planet extremely funny
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 17:45   #12
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Of course. Continue moaning and saying you need HC's with balls to step forward and change the round into something chaotic, then immediately slap a "Backstabber" sticker onto such a HC.

Thats the way to do it!

I'm surely convinced now!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:23   #13
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Not Funny.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Of course. Continue moaning and saying you need HC's with balls to step forward and change the round into something chaotic, then immediately slap a "Backstabber" sticker onto such a HC.
Well said!

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:25   #14
Kar
One Of A Kind

Kar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Comments such as this are starting to get ever so slightly old now. I know loads of people would love Eclipse to backstab someone and if they do then feel free to start shouting 'I TOLD YUO SO!111." But until such a thing should happen (if it ever does) kindly be quiet.
Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:33   #15
TAFKAJ
BEER!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kar
Comments such as this are starting to get ever so slightly old now. I know loads of people would love Eclipse to backstab someone and if they do then feel free to start shouting 'I TOLD YUO SO!111." But until such a thing should happen (if it ever does) kindly be quiet.
I know i just love to see u weetnar guys overreact at a "joke" post, always makes me laugh. And Zh|l please be my guest and change the round (not meant sarcastic btw, any weetnar HC can do the job, so i am not calling u a backstabber personally)
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:35   #16
TAFKAJ
BEER!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster

and as far is 'not funny' I find being able to afford sending an entire galaxy to cover one planet extremely funny

mmz what's the fun in that? that's far too boring i'd like the stressing for def much better than getting def within 2 minutes and being overcovered, that kinda takes the fun away
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:20   #17
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Not Funny.

Quote:
I know i just love to see u weetnar guys overreact at a "joke" post, always makes me laugh. And Zh|l please be my guest and change the round (not meant sarcastic btw, any weetnar HC can do the job, so i am not calling u a backstabber personally)
And then I'll be slated as a backstabber along with my alliance OR it'll be an 'unfair' war OR both.

I see the advantages. /sarcasm

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:51   #18
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Why does everyone enjoy wollowing in ignorance. Its like you guys deliberately try to not have any idea whats going on and resist thinking like its a disease.

NarWeet is not a super block. It is two blocks who have a temporary nap.

This war is one sided. Yes, so what. All wars are one sided at one time or another, in case you havent noticed weve only been in this war for less that 2 weeks. The screams of unending boredom are massively premature, especially considering they started on day one.

Yes this is a one sided war that isnt remarkably exciting. Yes its kinda winding down. But, no, there is no reason to think that Nar and Weet plan to stay together. Actually anyone with any knowledge whatsoever knows that all the alliances involved are well aware that there is going to be some political change soon.

So stop jumping to silly conclusions and let things happen. They will, they always were going to. If people hadnt been whining for the entire round so far, it wouldnt actually feel like it had been that long. hell news scans arent even out yet.

Btw, no one in eclipse has any particularly stand out history in backstabbing anyone. So stop repeating the same damn lies over and over again. Just because alot of people say something doesnt make it true.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:01   #19
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Why does everyone enjoy wollowing in ignorance. Its like you guys deliberately try to not have any idea whats going on and resist thinking like its a disease.
I find this terribly ironic.

Germ, stop treating everyone else on here like they're idiots. Get off your pedestal and at least reply without quoting someone and talking to them as if they're 8 yrs old.

Zhil, please, for the love of god, make him stop.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:07   #20
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I find this terribly ironic.

Germ, stop treating everyone else on here like they're idiots. Get off your pedestal and at least reply without quoting someone and talking to them as if they're 8 yrs old.

Zhil, please, for the love of god, make him stop.
Scouse, get everyone to stop repeating things that they cant backup just because theyve heard them alot and think they are true. Someone says something, they are asked to justify it, their response is just to say it again. Then someone else says it as if its true on another thread. People are justifying other things by assuming that certain facts are true, when they cant back them up.

There is a very simple way to make me stop. Backup your claims. If you want ot claim that Eclipse will backstab people because it has people who were in Fury and Fury backstabbed people, then prove the following

1. That Fury backstabbed people more than other alliances.
2. That the people making decisions in eclipse were either the same people that made decisions in Fury, or they dont know how to do anything else.

I tend to think no one can prove either of those two points. Especially the 2nd point. But regardless. All im asking is that people justify thier claims.

If someone is going to make a claim and then refuse to back it up, simply repeating the claim over and over again, how should I talk to them?
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:11   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Scouse, get everyone to stop repeating things that they cant backup just because theyve heard them alot and think they are true. Someone says something, they are asked to justify it, their response is just to say it again. Then someone else says it as if its true on another thread. People are justifying other things by assuming that certain facts are true, when they cant back them up.

There is a very simple way to make me stop. Backup your claims. If you want ot claim that Eclipse will backstab people because it has people who were in Fury and Fury backstabbed people, then prove the following

1. That Fury backstabbed people more than other alliances.
2. That the people making decisions in eclipse were either the same people that made decisions in Fury, or they dont know how to do anything else.

I tend to think no one can prove either of those two points. Especially the 2nd point. But regardless. All im asking is that people justify thier claims.

If someone is going to make a claim and then refuse to back it up, simply repeating the claim over and over again, how should I talk to them?
Fury only cut ties with Legion R3 after the split-off WP.

Fury was clueless r4
Fury did it to Elysium round 6 i think it was, or 5.
Fury was done it round 7, well, almost.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:14   #22
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Fury only cut ties with Legion R3 after the split-off WP.

Fury was clueless r4
Fury did it to Elysium round 6 i think it was, or 5.
Fury was done it round 7, well, almost.
Fury cut ties with Legion in rd3 when it found out Legion was in negotiations with xanadu for the next round and intended to not stay allied to Fury.

You are referring to rd 5. You can certainly make a case that was backstabbing of a sort.

Fury backstabbed no one in rd 7.

So, you claim that Fury backstabbed 3 times. I will only concede that youve got a point on one of them.

Now prove that 1-3 times in 8 rounds is a very high rate.

And then prove that the people in eclipse now are more likely to backstab because of that.

Good luck.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:16   #23
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
bla
And how exactly are you backing up your claim that 'Fury was doing fine in round 8'? You're not. You're just repeating it, over and over again.

More irony.

But I agree, people who think Eclipse are more likely to backstab their allies just because they have some ex Fury arn't talking much sense either.

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:05   #24
TAFKAJ
BEER!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Not Funny.

Quote:
And then I'll be slated as a backstabber along with my alliance OR it'll be an 'unfair' war OR both.

thats not what i am saying, i didnt say in my last post u should backstab them, did i? U can always do it with the end of agreement way
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 21:45   #25
Kar
One Of A Kind

Kar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I know i just love to see u weetnar guys overreact at a "joke" post, always makes me laugh.
That's great, but I'm vom, not narweet. I don't especially like Eclipse as they're part of the group that's killing this round, I am however sick of seeing people going on like a broken record about them being backstabbers.
Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 22:17   #26
K-W
Bored

Quote:
[b]And how exactly are you backing up your claim that 'Fury was doing fine in round 8'? You're not. You're just repeating it, over and over again.
B]
Erm, thats a judgement call not an argument. Fury did not fit any standard of crushed, defeated, or dead that I have ever seen. Thats all i can say. And I had a much better view of Fury than you did, so im going to have to trust what I saw first hand over what you interpreted from intel.

We were covering most of our defence calls every night. Alot of nights we covered all of our defence calls. We were having success in our attacks. Our overall memberbase was very much alive and kicking. We started the war with a low average score and roids. Our memberbase kinda mailed the beginning of rd 9 in. We were slowly falling more and more back and slowly losing roids. And then the round ended. We didnt get crushed, we didnt get overun, none of that happened. If you think it did the error is in your information, because I can promise you it didnt. I dont know why exactly you think I would lie about this. I will be pefectly happy to tell you that we got crushed in rd 4, and crushed in rd 6. We had yet to be crushed in rd 8 when it ended.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:11   #27
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
pfft
Let's keep it to one thread, eh?

Unread 26 Mar 2003, 00:43   #28
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
I think all these threads about possible breakups between NARWEET are just waste of time. It's not up to anyone to claim what can happen, except for the HC of the alliances. And as far as I can tell, no HC in NARWEET has stated any interest in ending the "NAP" between the alliances.
But to those who say that VOM is dead, let me tell you that if the NARWEET block ever split we will make our comeback. It might not be gloroius, bc we also have lost some good players changing sides or quitting, but we are going to make a difference at the end.
I know I will be attacking those top NARWEET galaxies with "special agreements" and arbiter protection.

Battle!!!!
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 00:53   #29
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I don't see why you would be a backstabber. Many of the posts I've read in this threads coming from Eclipse HC state repeatedly that WEET and NAR only have a NAP, a temporal cooperation agreement, that can end at any time.

So in my opinion it is quite simple: END the freaking NAP. You're not backstabbing anyone, you're not being unfair. There's absolutely nothing tying your hands.

If you don't want to end the NAP, just say so. Don't try to justify it. Enough of this load of ****.

Or are things actually not exactly as you have been picturing them?

PS: This goes to all alliance HCs, and not just to eclipse. As far as i know a NAP doesn't need to be ended by mutual agreement. It is pretty much a unilateral decission.

Last edited by Sergio; 26 Mar 2003 at 00:58.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 13:09   #30
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
As I stated before: I played for both the wining and the loosing side.
Neither side are more fun then the other tho because the universe is seldom balanced (power block wise)

To be hit every night and never be able to grow is utterly crab and finally you don’t give a damn and you leave….

To out grow the rest of the universe and never ever get hit that’s also crap but you stay put until final day to celebrate the victory.

Boredom (and farmers, cheaters) that’s your answers why people leave this game:

It’s no use to get another million player in here when alliances still gone see to it that the universe are unbalanced.

HC:s is the only ones today who got the “power” to change things but they will not cos it’s more important to win big then to look after the hole community, later when the round is over they come here and whine about how bad things are and ask why the players leave…???

BTW.
We are almost out of targets now so we double on every one instead!?… Overkill is the word and we force more people to leave faster then ever…. And yes account sharing and farming is still around; it doesn’t shows much tho because we are fewer player and the ones who still does it have become more skilled at it then ever before….
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:39   #31
Zitos
vole vo koshe avec moi?

Zitos is an unknown quantity at this point
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

.. that indeed was funny.. hahaha.. you just didnt get it.. hahaha..
round 3 :: 037:20 -- [trg] "judge dean of zitoz"
round 4 :: 236:17 -- [trg] [reborn] "gambler zitoz of deaths casino"
round 5 :: 025:20 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of stolen roids"
round 7 :: 015:07 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of ldkbots"
round 8 :: 028:07 -- [trg] [nfu] "i am tired of this"
round 9 :: 049:09 -- [wolves] [attitude] "i couldnt think of a fancy planet and ruler name"
Zitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 11:37   #32
MotoX
Stolen

HAHHAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAHHHA

you are very funny too!
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:36   #33
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Fair wars are stupid, you only go into a war if you know you win, otherwise it is stupid.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:46   #34
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Fair wars are stupid, you only go into a war if you know you win, otherwise it is stupid.
True, look at round 8
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 12:48   #35
MotoX
Stolen

We as a community should take responsibility to make this fun or don’t you care that the community are rapidly decreasing?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 13:33   #36
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
A clear sign why you should leave PA at once. You do not even grasp the meaning of the word GAME anymore. Gaming is what you do for fun. If you let every action in PA be decided by "only if you know you win, other wise it is stupid" then you should not play it at all. I do not mind people trying to win but generally the way to a win is what makes a game interesting. Outwitting your opponents, striking where they don't expect it, faking them out, bluffing your defence, whatever more that makes gaming fun.

In one sentence you showed yourself to be a total non-gamer as for you playing the game is not important but only winning it. especially stupid in a game where winners are generally considered equal to cheating scum.

hAl
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:14   #37
Agamemnon
afk

Agamemnon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Those who win have realized this. Those who lose haven't. Those who didn't think it mattered, or thought fair was "fun" lost because their opponents realized.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 14:47   #38
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Agamemnon
Those who win have realized this. Those who lose haven't. Those who didn't think it mattered, or thought fair was "fun" lost because their opponents realized.
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:15   #39
MotoX
Stolen

We should Tag up (everyone knows who we are anyway) – declare winners – break up the block – start the second stage of this round and hopefully win again J

Damnit I want some fun in this game!
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:26   #40
K-W
Bored

Quote:
We should Tag up (everyone knows who we are anyway) – declare winners – break up the block – start the second stage of this round and hopefully win again J

Damnit I want some fun in this game!
Well, taggin up and declaring winners would be premature, the end of the round isnt for another 2.5 months. But as far as starting the second stage of the round. If youd just quit whining and give it its due time, it will happen.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:49   #41
tyriel
humble ex-n00b

tyriel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
A clear sign why you should leave PA at once. You do not even grasp the meaning of the word GAME anymore. ...

hAl

thats what you get and expect from the game. for everyone the aim will differ. YMMV.

i look at the initial stages of this round. concede that Vomm was over estimated but take the viewpoint that a NAP was made to ENSURE a scenario condusive to promote winning.

if by doing that it elminated areas of risk and limited areas of the game - its a matter of viewpoint to determine what relevance that has to an entertaining game. an entertaining game wasnt one of the primary criteria by which that choice was made. since we're keeping score by only one method - planet score, i want mine to be as close to first place as possible. from this viewpoint the choices made are clearly the correct tactical decisions.

obviously, we dont play for your amusement.

wrong - its a democracy - and the majority disagree with you.
tyriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:52   #42
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster

That's what Wrath/Fury/Virus did to my r5 planet - had a lot of fun back then :-). But this time it's different, it's the good guys hitting the evil ones ..
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 21:40   #43
Klendau II
Governor

Klendau II is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Attack my galaxy. We always wipe out about 4 fleets. Yours is as good as any other.
Your score would suggest otherwise hun

I'll bum 'em all.

<Sad> when ur cyb0ring klen it is
<Sad> he gives u soo much pleasure
<Foxman> and always bring animals into the cyb0r
<Sad> he does yes
Klendau II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 22:00   #44
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Klendau II
Your score would suggest otherwise hun
who said it had anything to do with score?

he said we wipe out four fleets, which we often do (pre news scans ofc)

our score is more related to the fact that were INACTIVE, RETIRED, NOT ATTACKING, and UNALLIED...
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 22:46   #45
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
our score is more related to the fact that were INACTIVE, RETIRED, NOT ATTACKING, and UNALLIED...
Every time you say that, I'm more tempted to pull a 'somethingawful' and ask JammyJim to ban your accounts. I'm not going to tell you how to behave, but please keep in mind that retired players aren't really that hung up in score, and generally don't make a big fuss over of it. And please don't tell me that 'Klendau started it'. In that case, you let yourself be trolled.

Jester
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 22:49   #46
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Le Mauvais Moine
That's what Wrath/Fury/Virus did to my r5 planet - had a lot of fun back then :-). But this time it's different, it's the good guys hitting the evil ones ..
We're not evil ffs just wanna play the game and have fun, like everybody else is supposed to be doing
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 22:50   #47
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
Every time you say that, I'm more tempted to pull a 'somethingawful' and ask JammyJim to ban your accounts. I'm not going to tell you how to behave, but please keep in mind that retired players aren't really that hung up in score, and generally don't make a big fuss over of it. And please don't tell me that 'Klendau started it'. In that case, you let yourself be trolled.

Jester
huh?

you've kinda confused me. were not hung up on score, thats was point i was making...so why are you making my point and then..

err..

again.. huh?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:35   #48
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
huh?

you've kinda confused me. were not hung up on score, thats was point i was making...so why are you making my point and then..

err..

again.. huh?
You keep claiming that 'we're not ****, we're retired!'.

Jester
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:47   #49
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrath of Azure
We're not evil ffs just wanna play the game and have fun, like everybody else is supposed to be doing
Sure u are ! . And you never played the game for fun of course as we always did. You guys played the game to oppress the democratic powers of the universe and the heavens to set up an evil rulership upon the Faithful and the Loyal !

Now that we reign we'll have a peaceful universe. Xans, Terrans and Zikos will be banned and we'll compete on who has the most Taras ..

At least back then you have proofed to have had more members than Ely :/
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:49   #50
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, hmmm, I'm gonna stop saying 'we' and 'we're'