User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Apr 2004, 20:16   #51
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I like the Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
The chances of China having anything that the UK or USA need like that anymore that is v minimal and would be the only justification for invasion (read usa vs iraq for justifications :P)
The justification would be almost identical to the justification for Iraq.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 20:17   #52
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

The justification for iraq was.

OIL KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKKAKAKA.

Tell me what do china have?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 20:18   #53
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no it wasnt.
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 20:20   #54
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Yes it was.

I'm sure back in the 18th century the Whigs told Britain that they were invading imperialist china cause they were doing something naughty diplomatically as well.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:13   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

George Bush must have had some fairly spectacularly stupid advisors if they thought the best reason for invading Iraq was oil. There were far better reasons to invade Iraq.
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:28   #56
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
George Bush must have had some fairly spectacularly stupid advisors if they thought the best reason for invading Iraq was oil. There were far better reasons to invade Iraq.
and these are?
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:31   #57
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

That it rhymes with Apple Mac.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:33   #58
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
That it rhymes with Apple Mac.
and the other reason rhymed with ...begemony!
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:35   #59
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Secure long-term strategic bases in the Middle East.
Display of military power and the will to use it.
Creation of a cold-war type scenario in the Middle East forcing countries to side with the US or against them (and the associated benefits this sort of heavily one-sided scenario brings with it).
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 22:01   #60
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: I like the Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing

Quote:
Hopefully a very large, democratic and stable base, at some point, I would imagine. Which would be useful in correcting the lop-sided reliance on Israel as practically the only fully reliable ally in the region.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 03:56   #61
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Display of military power and the will to use it.
Creation of a cold-war type scenario in the Middle East forcing countries to side with the US or against them (and the associated benefits this sort of heavily one-sided scenario brings with it).
Where's vermillion when you need this whole silly argument about politics in middle east as being a good reason debunked.

Unread 28 Apr 2004, 04:11   #62
Nodrog

Quote:
Where's vermillion when you need this whole silly argument about politics in middle east as being a good reason debunked.
I've no idea, but here's an article for you.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 04:42   #63
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:

Frankly I'd doubt the ability of voltaire to satisfactorily debunk "politics" in the middle east as a good reason for the US going into Iraq.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 11:38   #64
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm sure back in the 18th century the Whigs told Britain that they were invading imperialist china cause they were doing something naughty diplomatically as well.
We invaded China in the 1700's?

Jesus.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 11:48   #65
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The justification for iraq was.

OIL KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKKAKAKA.
Pity the amount of resources used on the conflict dramatically outweigh any possible gains.

But, you know, whatever.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:03   #66
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Pity the amount of resources used on the conflict dramatically outweigh any possible gains.

But, you know, whatever.
I assume you mean 'direct material gains', rather than 'gains' in a more abstract sense?
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:10   #67
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I assume you mean 'direct material gains', rather than 'gains' in a more abstract sense?
I assume the use of 'resources' would indicate that this was so, not to mention the context in which the entire statement was in.

I assume you didn't notice this?
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 12:25   #68
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Eerie whispers trapped beneath my pillow
Won't let me sleep, your memories

I know you're in this room, I'm sure I heard you sigh
Floating in-between where our worlds collide
It scares the hell out of me
And the end is all I can see
And it scares the hell out of me

I know the moments near
And there's nothing we can do
Look through a faithless eye
Are you afraid to die

Unread 28 Apr 2004, 14:36   #69
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

thats the best song on the album
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 16:24   #70
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
thats the best song on the album
If by 'best' you mean 'most pretentiously titled', then yes.

I prefer TIRO personally, but TOADA, TSP and Hysteria are the next down.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 16:25   #71
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Jakiri lvs abbreviations.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 16:51   #72
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Jakiri lvs abbreviations.
I prefer to think of them as acronyms.

Anyway, I didn't particularly care to type out 'Thoughts of a Dying Atheist'
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 18:03   #73
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Surely we wouldn't need to fight a ground war with China. Just do the same thing we did in the First Gulf War and bomb them into submission. Use stealth planes to knock out any airfields near Hong Kong and then just send a load of B-52s to drop cluster bombs on anything that tries to get close.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 18:20   #74
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

doesnt an acronym have to spell and actual word?

anyway, TIRO is just as good. but its a single so loses points for that.

DONT QUESTION MY SYSTEM
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 18:28   #75
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
It just has to be pronounced as a word, rather than as a series of letters. So NATO is an acronym, but BBC isn't.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 20:04   #76
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

how do you pronounce TSP?

tsssssssssp?
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 20:25   #77
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
how do you pronounce TSP?
'Banana'.

Damn nonphoenetics.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 20:54   #78
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
It just has to be pronounced as a word, rather than as a series of letters. So NATO is an acronym, but BBC isn't.
AFAIK both are regarded as acronyms.

its just a series of letters to form an abbreviation.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 21:14   #79
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckeh!!!!
AFAIK both are regarded as acronyms.
Nope. It has to form something pronounced (ie a word)
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 21:19   #80
Nodrog

Quote:

anyway, TIRO is just as good. but its a single so loses points for that.

DONT QUESTION MY SYSTEM
"Acronym" used to only refer to pronouncable abbreviations, but now the meaning of the word has changed, and any shortening of a phrase that consists of taking the first letter from each word is generally considered to be an acronym, whether it is pronoucable or not.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 21:20   #81
Nodrog

Quote:
Nope. It has to form something pronounced (ie a word)

Meridian Webster:

Main Entry: ac·ro·nym
Pronunciation: 'a-kr&-"nim
Function: noun
Etymology: acr- + -onym
: a word (as NATO, radar, or snafu) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term; also : an abbreviation (as FBI) formed from initial letters : INITIALISM

Dictionary.com

4 entries found for acronym.
ac·ro·nym P Pronunciation Key (kr-nm)
n.
A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, such as radar for radio detecting and ranging.

Popular usage trumps historic precedence.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 21:22   #82
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The 2nd is what I said
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 21:24   #83
Nodrog

Quote:
The 2nd is what I said
'BBC' is a word, which is pronounced "beebeesee". What is the difference between a "word" and a "sequence of letters with a standard pronounciation understood by the majority of speaker of the native language""?
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 21:25   #84
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

**** popular usage

just because millions of people use double negatives in sentences doesnt make it right

(ok, it kind of does, but its stupid)
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 21:57   #85
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
'BBC' is a word, which is pronounced "beebeesee". What is the difference between a "word" and a "sequence of letters with a standard pronounciation understood by the majority of speaker of the native language""?
You pronounce the letters individually you nonce.

ps.

Double negatives are ok by me, but only for emphasis.