User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 17:36   #51
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Eldest / Middle / Youngest / Only Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
i am not [b]that[/that] educated
Yes indeed.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 17:38   #52
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Due to family weridness i was the only for 10 years, now i'm the middle.

p.s. not all leaders were eldest. Churchill was youngest.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 17:43   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Politicians are an odd bunch; quite a few are youngest children. It takes quite a lot of will to succeed in politics, and the experience of being a 'lesser' child may encourage that.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 17:43   #54
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
p.s. not all leaders were eldest. Churchill was youngest.
indeed, so was Malcom X, well not the youngest but he wasnt the oldest.

but "The exception that proves the rule"

ps: MrL sometimes you clrealy suck.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 17:45   #55
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
ps: MrL sometimes you clrealy suck.
You've seen those photos too?
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 17:49   #56
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Eldest Krew Reprazentin' YO
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 17:49   #57
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Yes indeed.
this had me laughing for about a minute :cooliflower:

ps any psychological effects from being firstborn etc quite obviously depend far more on the siblings in question than their presence per se.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:27   #58
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Youngest of two.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:15   #59
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Oldest. I have a younger sister and brother.

My sis is a attention seeking brazen bitch most of the time. Always has been. Mainly cause I had to be the responsible one from an early age when my mother was constantly ill and my father had to work alot. My brother arrived later on when we had a little more money and things had quieted down. My sister became the way she did to get noticed etc.
My brother is funny.That was his 'thing'.

Internal family politics play alot in moulding a persons personality.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 01:22   #60
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'm middle.

2 brothers.

At all possible that, noting how upper class families tend toward fewer children and 'leaders' tend to come from upper class, the leadership/first child correlation are both caused by coming from wealth?

(I'm unable to convince myself that leadership skills could cause being firstborn)

PS: I think I'll take up harassing Dante about his hot, underage sister.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 02:56   #61
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

youngest

and dante, which friend is the numpty? its Sbolly isnt it?
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 03:12   #62
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Youngest.
I read the same research and it said the Youngests would be more prone to revolionize and come up with new ideas and therefore more creative, excelling in the science area.
The oldests would be more confident and more conservative doing better on politics.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 05:43   #63
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
and dante, which friend is the numpty? its Sbolly isnt it?
No. He's the eldest in his family and it shows.

The person I know who is the youngest is a homosexual and is also one of the dullest people in the universe. He can tell you an anecdote with car chases and gun fights and make it dull. I blame his older brother who constantly told him he was adopted.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 06:10   #64
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

I'm the first child of both my mother and father. My father had two more sons which I don't know (I don't know him either) last time I checked, and my mother had a daughter with my stepfather, who after that had another daughter with another woman.

So I'm oldest, have a younger half sister and quarter sister (heh) that I know of. Death to the nuclear family!

Said sisters are 23 and 9.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 06:25   #65
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
Death to the nuclear family!
Well that contributes it's own issues. I think the guy who wrote the book I mention basically made the point that in most families the eldest child is given the most attention (at first, obviously) and probably (implicitly) is given more responsibility / respect (e.g. "Look after your little brother when you go out").

This in turn leads to higher feelings of self-esteem, importance, etc, etc. Youngest children (especially if there's a significant gap) are often "mothered" the most and so (it's alleged) can be quite immature.

The way we interact with our families during our childhood quite obvious does influence us, but it's just interesting as how and in what ways. The most striking example I always think of is me and my wife. I'm an only child, she's the youngest of six. The personality difference is quite different (e.g. I'm fine with being alone, she's not, etc, etc).

Getting back to W's point, if you don't grow up with your siblings, or if they're not 100% "your family" (in whatever context) that's obviously going to complicate matters.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 12:37   #66
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Growing up on a council estate or whatever probably has a bigger effect, whether you're the youngest or 12 or oldest of 15.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 13:17   #67
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the fact I'm the middle child probably affected my development. My brother was the oldest and he was loud and needed attention, still does heh, and my sister is still the baby of the family and basically gets things I never would have received (helps being female as well). As such I was always just "there" doing my own thing. I learnt early on that arguing about some things is entirely pointless because some people will never lesson and that the best person to depend on is me.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 14:33   #68
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

eldest - 2 younger bro's
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 22:35   #69
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm the second child of five. But my elder sister is seven years older and went to a boarding school when she was 15 and then moved on to college, so I've been treated as the "oldest" for most of my life that I was aware of as a child.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 00:04   #70
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

While I am the youngest, I was the only girl, and my dad is horrendously sexist. As such I seem to have ended up fairly independent (well, to the extent I could feed myself and the like by the age of 12 - I find it quite sad when people still can't do manage something like heating up baked beans by the time they go to uni). I was quite used to my dad telling me to go and help my mum in the kitchen while I was in the middle of watching a program I had been really wanting to watch, while my brothers were just sitting about doing bugger all, just cause I was the girl and should help my mum with the cooking.

Thankfully my mum didnt approve and would tell my dad off for it.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 00:29   #71
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i'm the eldest. so i'll be a famous leader in the future, i'm sure. ok back to IRC now.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 00:34   #72
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

middle, first born son.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 00:43   #73
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

2 of 4 (no borg reference intended), MMMF (no porn reference intended)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 04:11   #74
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

only child
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 04:20   #75
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
only child
shit, i have something in common with noddy
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 11:00   #76
Thorn
Icicle

Thorn is an unknown quantity at this point

Only
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 11:05   #77
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I have one brother and he's 3 years younger then me.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote