User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:28   #51
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
ya it's annoying ain't it? It's like the idiots calling me Kjel or saying fang (while it should be FAnG --> there a simbolysime behind it)

rgds Kj
It can get quite annoying when people use 'chaoz' and now 'ChaoZ' :/ heh
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 02:26   #52
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I am such a goddamn nitpicker, but here goes.

Fury was the soley aknowledged winner of the round. The number two allaince was Virus. (considering how much crap we took for it, I reserve the right to brag.)
LOL.

no.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 02:29   #53
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I am such a goddamn nitpicker
hehe, I'll write it down Germ

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 05:29   #54
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Objective look at alliance positions going into R9

Quote:
Originally posted by Illusions

One of the best alliance reviews/predictions i've read on AD*. I disagree on some minor points (I think vom will have tried hard to increase it's blocks power in the last two weeks or so and should imo hence be in a better position than WEET by now if they used their time well), but thats largely a matter of personal opinion not fact.

only thing i'd like to add is that vom's pure gal policy (if they indeed follow that policy properly) does not only cause disadvantages as i had the impression you implied. On one hand of course that may have driven NaR onto WEET side (although i hope NaR will ultimately only fight for it's own side), but on the other the universe isn't exactly huge and having your people within fewer galaxies can free up more easy targets for the start and can help avoid having small, inactive and useless protected galaxies. Especially the thing with the targets of course is highly dependant on how fast the war action starts (theoretically, focusing on this element, it should be in vom's favour if the war action doesn't start right away)

*admittedly there were some inacuracies etc., but you never claimed you know all of it perfectly, and the inacuracies (like the auld thing) weren't really too deciding imo

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 05:53   #55
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally posted by RexDrax

Now getting back on subject....I expect the neutrals/un-alligned to pull a round 6 manouver. That is to sit on the sideline and initally support SWEET block since everyone is of the opinion that they need the help against the VOM block. However when it looks like SWEET might/will win they most likely will throw their support to the VOM block or start lessening the thread that SWEET represents. Basically do the same type of political manouvering that WolfPack/NoS did in the FoS block backin round 6.
I share that expectation (it seems like the best thing for the "neutrals" to do), but I would even go a step further: Maybe I've seen too many reports on how the expected iraq war effects the stock markets, etc. and hence transfer the same fragility to PA politics, but imo there is a good chance that some of the "neutrals" have allready moved over to vom side (not neccessarily officially but in the political planning and overall attitude) since weet looked like the winner of the next round for too long and hence could now be regarded as the evil big block people need to team up against.

Aditionally due to the long time of planning there most likely are a few alliances that got put down by WEET block one way or another, and some of them might now be looking for cooperation with the other block (and accepting worse terms for that) simply to be on one of the sides.

Of course thats all just speculations etc., but speculating is fun :-)

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 06:06   #56
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
You know what I hate? Being a participant instead of being an observer. I have to refrain from making grandiose statements or predictions because of the dreaded boogey man called "bias". I can't say very much of what I know because its been labelled as a "secret".

I really can't do much of anything at all, either confirm or deny what my alliance is going to do(or attempt to do).

Anything I do say will be analyzed by people with no lives who believe that I'll be on the opposing side, trying to see if I've let anything slip. I don't think this is being egotistical, or that my hubris is driving this post, its just that for the sake of block solidarity I'm only left with one viable option:

No Comment.

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 06:09   #57
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius
You know what I hate? Being a participant instead of being an observer. I have to refrain from making grandiose statements or predictions because of the dreaded boogey man called "bias". I can't say very much of what I know because its been labelled as a "secret".

I really can't do much of anything at all, either confirm or deny what my alliance is going to do(or attempt to do).

Anything I do say will be analyzed by people with no lives who believe that I'll be on the opposing side, trying to see if I've let anything slip. I don't think this is being egotistical, or that my hubris is driving this post, its just that for the sake of block solidarity I'm only left with one viable option:

No Comment.

hmmm... i thought NaR (including auld) is neutral? Neutrals should be able to comment ;-)

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 06:13   #58
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Get on IRC Sal, I'm incredibly bored.

As for "objective predictions" for the coming round, all I can say is:

It won't be the round it could--and should--have been.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 06:34   #59
Ripur

You'd think with all the discusion over who is the largest of the 3 blocks, the nuetrals would try and join NaR in an attempt for an underdog victory. Who knows, time will tell.

Anyways, fantastic post! It was realy helpful after missing the past 3 rounds.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 06:46   #60
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Legion lost any R7 bragging rights when there top planet and HC got deleted in the last week. As well of the fall of DTA from the top gal ranks.
________
INDICA STRAINS

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:42.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 07:55   #61
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
hmmm... i thought NaR (including auld) is neutral? Neutrals should be able to comment ;-)
I'm afraid we have different definitions of neutral.

In my version, neutrals are people who don't have accounts.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:11   #62
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Or is this your definition of neutral?

<Salomo> Hey, ND! Why are you attacking Vvomm more than Weet? Aren't you neutral?
<ColCarp> Oh! My mistake! I was under the impression that this was a wargame, and that to compete in it, I have to attack other people and defend myself.
<Salomo> Silly fool, in order to remain neutral you have to balance your attacks between both Weet and Vvomm or else you're simply being hypocritical and not neutral at all!
<ColCarp> I can't believe how stupid I am! I guess I'm just going to have to spend the next 5 hours making sure my members are attacking both blocks equally.
<Salomo> \o/
<ColCarp> \o/

So to be neutral(and hence able to have an opinion) must I conform to the rediculously impossible standards set by the AD community, or simply a person with no invested interest in the outcome of round 9?

Just a question.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:15   #63
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Caledan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This is getting ridicules.

[rant]
Aneu, Rit and all those others that have a good/bad comment regarding Aneu/Zenith:

Why do you have to take over all threads that have a hint about the above mentioned subject? This thread started of nice but like 30% of the posts can be deleted since they have been uttered in other threads repedeatly. Come off it and if you have to do you mudslinging please stop hijacking threads.

Thank you
[/rant]

Now getting back on subject....I expect the neutrals/un-alligned to pull a round 6 manouver. That is to sit on the sideline and initally support SWEET block since everyone is of the opinion that they need the help against the VOM block. However when it looks like SWEET might/will win they most likely will throw their support to the VOM block or start lessening the thread that SWEET represents. Basically do the same type of political manouvering that WolfPack/NoS did in the FoS block backin round 6.

At least thats what I would be aiming as a neutral HC or a HC of a less dominant block. The longer SWEET and VOM fight it out the better for me and the greater chance for moving in and dancing on ALL my enemies graves and taking top spot.
Did I ever say I like your posts RexDrax?
Hope to see you again in #rock soon, even if TGO is no longer around.

As to the tactic of other alliances.
I think a lot of will give in to the aspect of belonging to one block and if it is only a secret link. So I am not sure how many alliances will do this 'side-changing'.
I hope that many realize though, that a 'secret' NAP or Alliance with one of the big blocks won't help them in anyway.
I the block loose you will be first to die, if they win, noone will acknowledge your efforts in this victory.
He who dares, Wins!
Caledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:20   #64
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Quote:

<Salomo> Hey, ND! Why are you attacking Vvomm more than Weet? Aren't you neutral?
<ColCarp> Oh! My mistake! I was under the impression that this was a wargame, and that to compete in it, I have to attack other people and defend myself.
<Salomo> Silly fool, in order to remain neutral you have to balance your attacks between both Weet and Vvomm or else you're simply being hypocritical and not neutral at all!
<ColCarp> I can't believe how stupid I am! I guess I'm just going to have to spend the next 5 hours making sure my members are attacking both blocks equally.
<Salomo> \o/
<ColCarp> \o/

So to be neutral(and hence able to have an opinion) must I conform to the rediculously impossible standards set by the AD community, or simply a person with no invested interest in the outcome of round 9?

Just a question.
Good and funny point Colcarp.

Still I would say some alliances could see the difference between a roiding attack and a real attack directed against the alliance. At least there are some hints mutiple waves ;Bashing not roiding etc.

I think most of the allainces in the big blocks can see an attack as what it is and won't react that funny like you described.
Those who can't see the difference should try to grow a little bit and I hope I don't see you calling yourself l33t, but complaining about an incoming roiding party!

Have fun
and get many roids in R9
He who dares, Wins!
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:26   #65
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

on your points, Caledan, what if I do want to do a waved attack, because I think it will be more productive?
Or perhaps there has been a repeated attacked on ND, what if I want to have him and his gal bashed?

Would doing this constitute a violation of my neutrality? Are certain actions, that are given for other blocks, disallowed to us because we have not stated a clear enemy?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:33   #66
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Quote:
on your points, Caledan, what if I do want to do a waved attack, because I think it will be more productive?
Or perhaps there has been a repeated attacked on ND, what if I want to have him and his gal bashed?

Would doing this constitute a violation of my neutrality? Are certain actions, that are given for other blocks, disallowed to us because we have not stated a clear enemy?
As ROCK isn't mentioned in any blocks, as you might have seen, you can surely assume we are neutral.

Being Neutral means for me: I can attack anyone I like and who looks like a juicy target.

If I do that with multiple waves or try to bash the gal (as a retal) I will take the risk of being countered again.
A war might evolve out of this, ending my neutrality.
That's the risk. A personal talk with the 'enemy' HC could clear things up and end hostilities though.

Well I won't go into details here. That's what Planetarion about and each alliance need to decide wether they risk to create a war or try to stay in the background.

Friendly greets to the old CAT-fellow... hehe!
He who dares, Wins!
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:42   #67
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Now we're clear!

Of course there is a natural progression of hostilities, if I attack you, and you and your friends attack me, and so on and so on, I might as well get in league with your enemies.

And I do enjoy your definition of neutral. It bothers me that there are some people who think that there aren't any shades of grey in Planetarion, only black or white.

And yes, there are sometimes where I miss CAT, and wish I'd worked harder to make it succeed.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 09:01   #68
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Well it was a nice gorup with CAT in R7.....

Good luck to ND in R9
He who dares, Wins!
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:07   #69
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Is it ever?

As for neutrality; it isn't. Get over it
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:09   #70
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I wonder why.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:07   #71
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
Legion lost any R7 bragging rights when there top planet and HC got deleted in the last week. As well of the fall of DTA from the top gal ranks.
I guess that means you made Fury win the round entirely on your own. My my, you are indeed 'special'.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 14:27   #72
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:

<Salomo> \o/
<ColCarp> \o/

Just a question.
Yes

Just an answer

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 14:39   #73
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
Is it ever?

As for neutrality; it isn't. Get over it
Hmm not sure what you meant here Ahriman.

You want to say Neutrality isn't possible?
That you eitehr need to be pro VVOMM or pro WEET?
He who dares, Wins!
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 15:37   #74
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:

and as a seemingly more serious question also deserves a more serious answer (eventhough you never ask me those serious questions :-/ ).....

No. Disallow of course not. But how about for a change we don't all act dumb and play with words but instead face the facts:

Being neutral in this context means supporting neither of the two main sides. However, as is natural if you posess a certain minimum of power, your actions will support the different sides. If you attack weet that helps vom and vice versa. So whether you want to or not, your actions will change your neutrality unless you watch out that the sum of your actions does not disproportionally benefit either side.

That said, i'll go a step further and tell you what you know anyway: Your "neutrality" most likely is complete and utter BS as you will definetly not try to equal out the actiopns done to either side. There's nothing wrong ofc with not being truly neutral, but please do not tell me you really think you'll be neutral when actions have been made (by you as well as by vom) that make it quite unlikely that you will not stay out of the war:

If enough NaR members join weet galaxies that will lead to more hostile incommings from vom than from weet and there being more vom galaxies free to attack than weet galaxies. So through alloiwing your members to join weet gals, while they can not join vom galaxies, you are putting yourself into a position where neutrality is basically impossible if you also want to protect those members in weet galaxies.

As i said above, there's nothing wrong with that, and tbh i would be disapointed if you had really tried to remain truly neutral, but that basically makes the whole discussion about whether or not you doing wave attacks makes you less neutral obsolete, since you aren't neutral anyway.

I have a question to you as well though: Why do you keep trying to play swittzerland when you're obviously not? Why not admit that for now - at least for as long as it doesn't intervene with your block interests - you factually are on weet side?

Imo that would not only be more truthfull, but it would also strengthen your blocks political position by emancipating yourself from a neutral to a perhaps small but significant third player in this game. The only benefit of true neutrality is to not be attacked, but with shared weet/NaR galaxies you will be attacked anyway, so there is no benefit in neutrality for you.

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 15:41   #75
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
I'm afraid we have different definitions of neutral.

In my version, neutrals are people who don't have accounts.
Then apply this concept to your blocks politics and either give away your accounts or stop trying to say you're neutral :-)

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 15:44   #76
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally posted by Caledan
Hmm not sure what you meant here Ahriman.

You want to say Neutrality isn't possible?
That you eitehr need to be pro VVOMM or pro WEET?
all you need to be is pro your-own-block/alliance. But that goes hand in hand with using the conflict between vom and weet to your own benefit, which will often lead to pro one-of-the-sides actions, even if those actions are only designed to make their war last longer so that you don't have to deal with the winner of the war.

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 16:04   #77
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

So neutral to you, in about 4 paragraphs is exactly what the "IRC conversation" implies. Only people who methodically balance their attacks on both sides can be neutral.

And even though I sometimes call you Salom00, doesn't mean I don't take you seriously. It more means I just like to banter with you a bit more

Well then, lets try this.

On behalf of the Combined Block Command and Auld I hereby declare ourselves

apathetic

We simply don't care who wins or loses, because it is out of our realm of interest. We will respond to aggression, but we will be reasonably uncaring about who we hit, provided they are good targets.

Is this more acceptable than being neutral? Neutral is over-rated anyways.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 16:36   #78
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Quote:
all you need to be is pro your-own-block/alliance. But that goes hand in hand with using the conflict between vom and weet to your own benefit, which will often lead to pro one-of-the-sides actions, even if those actions are only designed to make their war last longer so that you don't have to deal with the winner of the war.
Yeah we are exactly that. Pro our own alliance and its allies. We won't deny we will interfer with one of the other blocks/groups most likely cause beside them there are not many players.
Colcarp used a good term apathetic hits it very good.

Though for NaR it will be more difficult I would think, if it is true they have shared galaxies with one blcok!
He who dares, Wins!
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 16:56   #79
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
Is this more acceptable than being neutral?
no, its not. :-p

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:10   #80
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

now you're just being mean

I think apathy is a quite believable explaination for our policy
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:17   #81
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Whis
I wonder why.

Everyone overreacted in a giant snowball effect, and here we are.

Quote:

Though for NaR it will be more difficult I would think, if it is true they have shared galaxies with one blcok!

Whether they are or not, only they and WEET know...but I can tell you their presence in our galaxies in very, very limited.

We drew the line, quite clearly, but it wasn't reciprocated--which is another dissapointment in an already dissapointing round.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:21   #82
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Whether they are or not, only they and WEET know...but I can tell you their presence in our galaxies in very, very limited.

We drew the line, quite clearly, but it wasn't reciprocated--which is another dissapointment in an already dissapointing round.
heh, it's never too late to delete your planet, incase you allready activated it

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:25   #83
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Aditionally due to the long time of planning there most likely are a few alliances that got put down by WEET block one way or another, and some of them might now be looking for cooperation with the other block (and accepting worse terms for that) simply to be on one of the sides.

Of course thats all just speculations etc., but speculating is fun :-)
I hope not. Already had a lenghthy discussion with Oly HC's about some moves and the expansion of the VOM block. I dont think we need any more firepower of flak (pick whichever term you prefer ). Our block imo is trim and a well oiled warmachine ready to get into gear. But then what do I know, I am just a simple peon.

Quote:
Did I ever say I like your posts RexDrax?
Hope to see you again in #rock soon, even if TGO is no longer around.

As to the tactic of other alliances.
I think a lot of will give in to the aspect of belonging to one block and if it is only a secret link. So I am not sure how many alliances will do this 'side-changing'.
I hope that many realize though, that a 'secret' NAP or Alliance with one of the big blocks won't help them in anyway.
I the block loose you will be first to die, if they win, noone will acknowledge your efforts in this victory.
Most certainly. I drop by once in a while in #rock to see if anyone I know from way back when is still in ROCK, unfortunatly it does happen very often that I see someone I know. Too bad TGO, TDO and the rest arent kicking around anymore .

Anyways... making secret links/pacts with either block for a smaller alliance/block imo would be a big mistake. The reason for that you have already stated in the above. Best thing smaller alliances can do is make a block of their own. Auld/Core comes to mind. They where able to function effectivly for a period of time. NoS/ND block can be seen as an example. Whats intresting is the fact that hirr, IPC and Rock, plus some other smaller alliances, have not really made any (public?) moves. I think they are the ones that will ultimatly be the kingmakers, and if they play their cards right actually take over. Not necessarily dominate, but at least get topspot.

As long as the smaller alliances band together and make a stand on their own the coming round should be intresting, however once the smaller alliances start choosing sides thinks will come very predictable.

I am hoping for a nice long fun war.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:35   #84
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
heh, it's never too late to delete your planet, incase you allready activated it

rgds Kj

Don't tempt me Kjel, I didn't pay for it so it won't be a loss.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:39   #85
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Our block imo is trim and a well oiled warmachine ready to get into gear. But then what do I know, I am just a simple peon.
I'd not call MadCows a 'trim and well oiled war machine' at all. ViruS and Oly can claim more to that effect (esp. ViruS), but even they don't match up to true alliances of such a manner in the past. They all have the potential but Oly and Madcows are untested in true war situations and could crumble.

ViruS have their set up, their familiar command, their core members, their trust for each other and their military tactics and expectations already, going into round 9, from past rounds. They may not excel and become the major force of the group but they will definately be consistent throughout the round, whether they be winning or losing.

I fully expect Oly to run the show for their block, Madcows and ViruS to be main players and the rest to just do what they can.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:45   #86
Not_RIT

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I'd not call MadCows a 'trim and well oiled war machine' at all. ViruS and Oly can claim more to that effect (esp. ViruS), but even they don't match up to true alliances of such a manner in the past. They all have the potential but Oly and Madcows are untested in true war situations and could crumble.

ViruS have their set up, their familiar command, their core members, their trust for each other and their military tactics and expectations already, going into round 9, from past rounds. They may not excel and become the major force of the group but they will definately be consistent throughout the round, whether they be winning or losing.

I fully expect Oly to run the show for their block, Madcows and ViruS to be main players and the rest to just do what they can.
No alliance about today in all honesty can say they are as good as R3 Legion, its a totaly different game with totaly different alliances.

You do not get people who are absolutly terrified of attacking a planet because its in 'such and such' an alliance. They may be better organised today, but there has been no alliance as efective, or with as great a following of fear and stigma than R3 Legion.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 17:51   #87
Valvalis

Valvalis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT
No alliance about today in all honesty can say they are as good as R3 Legion, its a totaly different game with totaly different alliances.

You do not get people who are absolutly terrified of attacking a planet because its in 'such and such' an alliance. They may be better organised today, but there has been no alliance as efective, or with as great a following of fear and stigma than R3 Legion.

there was also something like 190k planets that round? While many were probably multies there must have been a sihtload of n00bs.. And who is easier to scare? the 5k players we have at most in the past few rounds or the masses of idiot n00bs who spread fear like a pandemic.
Valvalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:00   #88
Valvalis

Valvalis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

there was also something like 190k planets that round? While many were probably multies there must have been a sihtload of n00bs.. And who is easier to scare? the 5k players we have at most in the past few rounds or the masses of idiot n00bs who spread fear like a pandemic.
Valvalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:23   #89
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
oohhh, I can argue about allmost everything necro

rgds Kj
Black is most certainly white!

-Necro
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:45   #90
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Valvalis
Indeed, The last thing you do when you start playing a game is take a dig at one of its larger players.

They were by no means better players, simply had more experience.

-Necro
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 19:15   #91
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:

Valvalis is entirely correct. The only reason they may have seem scary to you back was because you were not in their league yourself. Nowadays almost everyone is in the top league, so attacking each other isn't scary anymore. I can assure you, that as 'big' planet in round 3, I couldn't wait to get my hands on some better targets with more roids. When that chance came around with the WP/Fury v Legion war, I loved it. As did all of my galaxy and all of Legion (from what I saw as a new member). Attacking Legion and WP to me then was not scary, same way it's not been scary for most people to attack big players in big alliances in the last few rounds.

I'm sure any new player last round would have been just as afriad as attacking Titans or LDK as any newb was of attacking Legion or Fury in round 3.

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 20:02   #92
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
Black is most certainly white!

-Necro
but it can be pink aswell !!!

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 20:03   #93
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Don't tempt me Kjel, I didn't pay for it so it won't be a loss.
It's Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 20:20   #94
Not_RIT

Quote:
Valvalis is entirely correct. The only reason they may have seem scary to you back was because you were not in their league yourself. Nowadays almost everyone is in the top league, so attacking each other isn't scary anymore. I can assure you, that as 'big' planet in round 3, I couldn't wait to get my hands on some better targets with more roids. When that chance came around with the WP/Fury v Legion war, I loved it. As did all of my galaxy and all of Legion (from what I saw as a new member). Attacking Legion and WP to me then was not scary, same way it's not been scary for most people to attack big players in big alliances in the last few rounds.

I'm sure any new player last round would have been just as afriad as attacking Titans or LDK as any newb was of attacking Legion or Fury in round 3.
I quite agree scouse, but lets face it no alliance has had such an effect on a mass of PA players since. If a legion member attacked you and you got defence they not only sent a second wave at you but attacked your defenders. No alliance since has been as ruthless
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 20:28   #95
Ants
Commander

Ants is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I quite agree scouse, but lets face it no alliance has had such an effect on a mass of PA players since. If a legion member attacked you and you got defence they not only sent a second wave at you but attacked your defenders. No alliance since has been as ruthless
And if you sent your ships away they often attacked the planet you sent your ships to and came back for you too.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 21:52   #96
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
No alliance since has been as ruthless
I disagree with that. Lots of alliance have had the ability to send more ships and retal defenders since then. The reason Legion could do that so well was because round 3 went on forever so they had lots and lots of time to get so far ahead of everyone else that they had the ships available. If round 7 or round 8 had gone on as long then I'm sure that Fury and Titans/LDK, respectively, could have done the exact same thing.

But I agree with you that no alliance has had a similar impact on such a mass of players, but that is purely down to less players playing. Once again, if there were similar numbers playing recent rounds then the top alliances would have had a similar effect on similar numbers of players.

Round 3 Legion were not the most skillfull alliance ever. Their tactics and effectiveness were ground breaking at the time and made them the greatest force in the game at the time, and set a standard for everyone to follow. But alliances since then have met and passed that standard. I'm pretty certain round 3 Legion would lose a round against the best of alliances in the past couple of rounds, 1 v 1.

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 22:44   #97
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think every allaince is as ruthless. The situation in rd 3 was such that Fury and Legion were just sitting around. They had no threat against them, and they could hit anyone, so they just piled ships on top of people. You also didnt have the internal competitition as heavily as later rounds. People were more willing just to jump into overly large retal missions. In PA now the opposition is much better organized. Attacks like that generally dont work, and the people who it would work on are below the limit of planets you are able to attack. And these days everyone is worried about getting roids because of the intense competition.

By why is a sily Furby like me interupting the legion love fest.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 23:08   #98
Not_RIT

Quote:
I disagree with that. Lots of alliance have had the ability to send more ships and retal defenders since then. The reason Legion could do that so well was because round 3 went on forever so they had lots and lots of time to get so far ahead of everyone else that they had the ships available. If round 7 or round 8 had gone on as long then I'm sure that Fury and Titans/LDK, respectively, could have done the exact same thing.

But I agree with you that no alliance has had a similar impact on such a mass of players, but that is purely down to less players playing. Once again, if there were similar numbers playing recent rounds then the top alliances would have had a similar effect on similar numbers of players.

Round 3 Legion were not the most skillfull alliance ever. Their tactics and effectiveness were ground breaking at the time and made them the greatest force in the game at the time, and set a standard for everyone to follow. But alliances since then have met and passed that standard. I'm pretty certain round 3 Legion would lose a round against the best of alliances in the past couple of rounds, 1 v 1.
Yes many alliances have met and past the standard of R3 legion, and many Alliances have a far greater ability than R3 Legion, but few are as ruthless.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 23:11   #99
Not_RIT

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I think every allaince is as ruthless. The situation in rd 3 was such that Fury and Legion were just sitting around. They had no threat against them, and they could hit anyone, so they just piled ships on top of people. You also didnt have the internal competitition as heavily as later rounds. People were more willing just to jump into overly large retal missions. In PA now the opposition is much better organized. Attacks like that generally dont work, and the people who it would work on are below the limit of planets you are able to attack. And these days everyone is worried about getting roids because of the intense competition.

By why is a sily Furby like me interupting the legion love fest.
True, and I would atribute a large amount of the 'ruthlesness' to Legion/Fury sitting around being bored and thus going in for overkill and such. But what I am is saying that since we have had no two alliances whom have gotten that bored to do that, or perhaps they have gotten that bored but they havent been daft enough to instill hatred in so many people.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 23:41   #100
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Yes many alliances have met and past the standard of R3 legion, and many Alliances have a far greater ability than R3 Legion, but few are as ruthless.
Fury was just as ruthless if not more so. I could quote some references but I don't want to bring their names up.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote