User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:35   #301
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If you create a group that's going pee off the rest of the universe, or one that the universe believes could stagnate the round, what do you expect?

Every action comes with a response. There's no hypocracy in anyone's actions here; the fact is that VOM showed the universe their hand and the universe has decided to counter it, using the same methods that VOM decided to use.

The problem is that VOM was the spark that lit the powerblocking flames because VOM was always going to be too large for any other alliance to tolerate it.

When I heard that VOM had been created, I thought it was too large and that it would not be able to have open play. I think it's reasonable for alliances to have allies and to have an open game. Personally I wouldn't have had a problem with VO, OM, VM but the three alliances together in my view seems excessive.

All HC's in Planetarion are cowardly by their nature. The existence of one initial powerblock and further powerblocks should hardly surprise anyone; it doesn't surprise me.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:43   #302
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
Well webby you claimed earlier this thread you had better intel then anyone else (even in your last post you did so).
But you are calling for someone else to announce anything which is not true.
What post please? I cant see any of me telling it...

Quote:

As storebo has posted various times, he is a peon in nos, neither does he nor i know about a cooperation talk between dingo and me yet.
Focht you know what I mean, if there is nothing between you and Dingo, then it is a good point. I dont pretend that there is anything but a lot of people in that thread would like it to happen and I know for sure that some GC of NoS' galaxies have been asked to take from 6 to 8 Ely+Eclipse... Maybe those GCs misunderstood... who knows. Anyway if there is nothing between your alliances then please for PA stop to create those mixed galaxies.

Quote:

About announcing my alliances political plans, we have a good load of options and are working like everyone else on getting the best ones out of those.
The best alliances for winning or for PA?
Well I can tell you that I am not looking for more alliances, I got those ones, they are just what is needed, not more.

Quote:

If you would probably read and think before you post you would clearly see some ppl talking about plannings and that VOM intel (atleast the part of virus intel) was kinda off topic.
Tho it is not my job to enlighten you on anyones politicals intentions, you have your intelppl for that lo virus ROFL c
Its not me that need to be enlightened. I can go so far as to say that I don't care much as long as you promise me that all the blocks are going to play fair. Then I can play without knowing for the rest of the alliances. VOM against the rest of the universe is fine if they are not working together as a powerblock.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:47   #303
XeroX

XeroX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
bla bla bla
VOM are the evil powerblockers etc.
So you need 9 alliances to cope up with 3?
Thats bull****, and you know it

Common now honey - bring it on, bring it on
XeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:54   #304
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

Quote:
If you create a group that's going pee off the rest of the universe, or one that the universe believes could stagnate the round, what do you expect?
Well, everybody is going to create a block, and I told you why: explanation here

Quote:

Every action comes with a response. There's no hypocracy in anyone's actions here; the fact is that VOM showed the universe their hand and the universe has decided to counter it, using the same methods that VOM decided to use.
You are so far from the truth...

Quote:

The problem is that VOM was the spark that lit the powerblocking flames because VOM was always going to be too large for any other alliance to tolerate it.
VOM isn't a powerblock read up please.

Quote:

When I heard that VOM had been created, I thought it was too large and that it would not be able to have open play. I think it's reasonable for alliances to have allies and to have an open game. Personally I wouldn't have had a problem with VO, OM, VM but the three alliances together in my view seems excessive.
Well if 300 players are too much; then what about some alliances that have 200 members and that will team up with 2 other ones?

Quote:

All HC's in Planetarion are cowardly by their nature. The existence of one initial powerblock and further powerblocks should hardly surprise anyone; it doesn't surprise me.
Once more VOM is a block of 3 alliances all have a reasonable size that allows everyother block to challenge it. No need to infinite team up and to create a powerblock for that.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:54   #305
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
None of this is surprising. The only thing that may have changed would have been the people being ganged up on, and those doing the ganging up. Unfortunately for Olympians, Virus and MadCows they got the short straw. Everyone else has just fitted nicely into their niché.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:55   #306
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

By the way, I would like that everybody in VOM stop posting in that thread...

Thank you in advance.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:59   #307
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by XeroX
Note that i've said that VOM came, and peed off the entire universe, just for existing. If it's annoyed most of the universe, that point is moot; the universe clearly wants rid of VOM for merely being what it is.

VOM did start the powerblocking race, it's clear for all to see; since they've existed, people's plans have changed radically, because every action has a reaction.

Also note that I said this:

Quote:

Let's make it a bit clearer for you:

Your 3 alliances actions has resulted in the rest of the universe going after you, because no one can afford to go for a spectacular win. One cowardly action provokes another, because HC's are all as bad as each other and every HC should know that.
No HC is going to lay down and die for VOM to run riot around the universe, as VOM would like.

Now, next time actually bother to read and think about what I've said in my post, instead of hurling meaningless propaganda merchant taunts at me.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:01   #308
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
VOM did start the powerblocking race, it's clear for all to see; since they've existed, people's plans have changed radically, because every action has a reaction.
yeah right. all other alliances were preparing "one alliance galaxies" to play the round on their own
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:03   #309
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
The second sentance applys to the first in more ways than one.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:20   #310
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel

Focht you know what I mean, if there is nothing between you and Dingo, then it is a good point. I dont pretend that there is anything but a lot of people in that thread would like it to happen and I know for sure that some GC of NoS' galaxies have been asked to take from 6 to 8 Ely+Eclipse... Maybe those GCs misunderstood... who knows. Anyway if there is nothing between your alliances then please for PA stop to create those mixed galaxies.

The best alliances for winning or for PA?
Well I can tell you that I am not looking for more alliances, I got those ones, they are just what is needed, not more.

Its not me that need to be enlightened. I can go so far as to say that I don't care much as long as you promise me that all the blocks are going to play fair. Then I can play without knowing for the rest of the alliances. VOM against the rest of the universe is fine if they are not working together as a powerblock.
So a nos gc (1 member) was told to take 6-8 eclipse members ?
Who is this nos gc i would love to meet him. According to PA this round priv galaxylimit would be 10 ppl. Considering 8 Ely-Eclipse like you said this would leave 2 NoS players, why would anyone want to do that ? especially the eclipse-Elys ? considering 8 ppl would be hard to defend ?
Webby you are more stirring up rumors and posting half true drivel then anyone else. If the universe unites to cream you 3 up be it, i guess noone really cares. like you wouldnt have cared if u were going to announce your alliance. So please dont try to guilt trip anyone.
To the part of Dingo, considering the HC's of 2 alliance you claim to be allied, have not had talks in ages and neither of them knows about anything you claim to be true, makes you look like a fool.
According to the question about our allies. i said best options, this includes not only playing skill but also the possibility of work with those ppl on a common friendly basis (one of your minions claimed somewhere else we were soooo much hated because we had ex fury players in our ranks, rofl)

And tbh, pardon me stephane, but i dont care if you are enlightend or not, we all will see how the round turns, and if you are on the receiving side, i guess you can blame not yourself for it, but alot of your helpers who tried to be witty and werent able to keep their arrogance and stupidity off this boards.

I wish you good luck and may your block fight against all odds, (i can remember you had no problem last round to teamup on fury with 3 alliances when fury was alone)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:21   #311
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:

1)Well, everybody is going to create a block, and I told you why: explanation here

2) You are so far from the truth...

3) VOM isn't a powerblock read up please.

4) Well if 300 players are too much; then what about some alliances that have 200 members and that will team up with 2 other ones?

5) Once more VOM is a block of 3 alliances all have a reasonable size that allows everyother block to challenge it. No need to infinite team up and to create a powerblock for that.
1) I'd have to say that I agree to Maddix's response to your post there. Numbers are not the only factor when considering what is a powerblock and what is reasonable.

2) How am I far from the truth?

- every action does provide a reaction.
- VOM was discovered to be a grouping and the first to be revealed in these forums. From my consultations with people like Rob at the time, there were no plans on the grand scale that there are now.
- in response to VOM, they created their own grouping of alliances, as a response to your actions.

3) It isn't for you to deem whether your grouping is a powerblock or not. It's for the universe to decide for them to decide to do what to do about it. They've deemed you a powerblock and clearly want rid of you. As Scouse said, you've drawn the short straw so you've got to live with your mistake of getting found out. VOM whining won't get you anywhere.

4) Read up on what I said about Maddix's response. It sums up nicely that numbers are not the only factor in such consideration. Any analysis I made in terms of that paragraph took factors such as numbers, leadership and quality into account.

5) Don't provoke the universe into feeling it needs to then. Don't draw the short straw.

And to reply to another poster:

Quote:
yeah right. all other alliances were preparing "one alliance galaxies" to play the round on their own
One alliance galaxies? Of course not. Every alliance is allowed to have allies but there is a limit. I believe VOM went beyond that limit and changed the scheme of things entirely (well, back to the old routine). Also, who says you have to be in the same galaxy and be allied? Deus galaxies coped with those kind of problems in the second half of round 6, along with the rest of FoS galaxies who had Xanadu members in them. We were hardly friendly from the start and I'm sure there will be similar divisions in round 9. Like FLVT, VOM annoyed the universe by getting themselves in a similar position.

I'm hoping that when the first war is over with, there will be more to come.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:28   #312
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
lol goodluck fltvvtvtvtlvltvtlv of the future and ermmm i feel quite honoured you rate us so good you need so many alliances to take down 3 other alliances of which one never even seen war yet
Erm surely the group you are refering to (which I would have thought is fairly obvious that it doesn't exist by now) is more a-kin to the huge FoS and WeNX group that ganged up to kill FLTV rather than FLTV itself. Perhaps you are getting confused by hatred?

Quote:
I think he referes to your first post quoting me.

Quote:
Point me to a group of 9 alliances that have made such an agreement. You are already trying to create excusses for the possible failure of VOM with mere speculation and crap of your own.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:32   #313
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

lokken you dont know anything about the Olympians and their firepower, how can you be certain that we "are beyond the limit"?
And concerning our short straw we wtill have the possibility to create a real powerblock. I just don't want to. Next question is do you think that I will have to?
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:44   #314
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough
plz web tell me who is this NoS gc coz he gonna get a good spank .

why the guy who made the thread delete it coz we are only seeing propaganda ,stupid arguments, personals attacks and more s**t . And all for nothing , lets the time tell us what is coming .
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:47   #315
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
and who else would you plan to include in your future power block? IPC really isn't into blocking and they seem to be one of the very few non n00b alliances left. There is no "definition" of powerblock, it is whatever the majority thinks it is. And you sir, are a part of one.

Please, lets stop this bs. You know that your complaining on here isn't winning you any friends, you know that you are a block, and a block that looked like a threat to ever other major and medium alliance.

See, you can't get away with allying 2 other alliances, and then letting it be posted on the forums. Only medium alliances can do that and I do not consider ViruS to be a medium alliance at all, and Oly's reputation at the moment doesn't point to being medium.

And you know this! Or you really should have known. And on the same point you should really know that your 9 alliance paranoia is quite unfounded. I would suggest to you to look up the supposed make up of the three blocks. Look at all the incompatibility issues that exist between them, and then say to me that your outnumbered and outgunned.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:51   #316
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius
See, you can't get away with allying 2 other alliances, and then letting it be posted on the forums. Only medium alliances can do that and I do not consider ViruS to be a medium alliance at all, and Oly's reputation at the moment doesn't point to being medium.
U mean by quanty or quality?

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:53   #317
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

Quote:
Originally posted by Felagund
plz web tell me who is this NoS gc coz he gonna get a good spank .

why the guy who made the thread delete it coz we are only seeing propaganda ,stupid arguments, personals attacks and more s**t . And all for nothing , lets the time tell us what is coming .
Well I wont give any names, anyway I do know that Focht doesnt like NoS much and such an alliance seems ... odd. And seeing that NoS and Eclispse wont have any mixed galaxy makes me happy. Thank you guys for giving r9 a chance to be a good round.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:56   #318
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Quote:
Originally posted by Domin
U mean by quanty or quality?
Both. Overall ability.

ViruS is a large(by modern standards) alliance with some crack troops at its disposal.

Olympus is probably smaller, but with better players than the average bear. Of course that isn't first hand information, but one which rumours, tidbits of info, general makeup and reputation imply.

I would be quite surprised if ND > Oly, and ND is a typical medium alliance like MadCows, hirr, IPC, Templar, and ETY.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:09   #319
Lord_Dain

everyone stop your pathetic whining go back to your work or homework and play the F*** game! just take all this whinering out of my face please.

ta
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:09   #320
Tuz
The Crazy Sexy Frog

Tuz is an unknown quantity at this point
WebAngel is Syn_Sid.
VOM (are however you named it) is Fury.
After setting a superpowerfullbullsh**block of 12 alliances to break them down, let's get global PA players opinion against them.
No one is responsible of the blocks, it's just in human nature, read your history manual and you'll see that in every ages countries build block to kill their enemies.
/me as fun reading your piece of sh**. We will play and see, let's just do it fairly.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:11   #321
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
There are alot of things here that contributed to the current situation and climate that surrounds the whole power-blocking and brokering that's going on right now, alot of which has been pointed out a few times by now (but I'm not going to let that stop me, heh). First, I call in to doubt the amount of political clout that VOM has/will have. I also call into doubt the amount of skill that they have. Not to talk down about the individual alliances, but by current standards, they simply don't have what it takes to dominate the universe as many people are conjecturing. Granted, they have alot of veterans, however that does not neccisarily mean good players. Take ViruS for example. There are some very talented players in ViruS, but when looking at the big picture, they have alot of sub-par players and officers. Their ability to handle political situations with any semblance of reason or decorum left with biggie. Olympians has yet to be proven, and their political plays so far have showed (at least publicly) them rather naive. Madcows is hardly a dominating force. Even added up, these 3 don't nearly have what it takes to control a large portion of the universe. I don't mean any offence here, I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Their early announcement of their relationships just goes to prove how unable they can/will be. No alliance leader worth their salt, who had any sense of public perception or military know-how would knowingly admit to any working relationships a month before the start of the round. It's a mistake that's been made numerous times over the last few rounds and for these so-called vets to make the same mistake shows a reasonable amount of ineptitude. This early announcement gives enemies a chance to form, coordinate, and spin anything that comes out of VOM. It's really not a move an intelligently organized 'power-block' would make. I highly doubt VOM will have a significant influence on the round. You may say "It already has", but myself, and others will just come back that other alliances are brokering triads++ as well. If VOM wasn't the 1st, someone else would have been. Their mistake was being first.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:12   #322
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

hehe
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:18   #323
Lord_Dain

i like porn
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:19   #324
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

That's a very interesting view point to take Spaz. I do think you are quite correct that VOM will likely not be dominating the universe any time soon because the current climate has made that improbable. However it should be remembered that the other veteran HC saw them as a potential threat and so moved into comparable vehicles.

You take a very deprecating viewpoint of VOM, so it'd be interesting for you to take a look at the other blocks that are VOMs rivals.

You could say what you sad about ViruS to mean any number of alliances in "FoS2" and "Xeta2". As well, if Madcows is not a dominating force, is ToT? Auld? Would you consider Eclipse more prepared than Olympians, seeing as how they are just as untested?

The same negatives that VOM has, the other 2 blocks have as well, I do not agree that VOM now will be an insignificant factor in politics. On the contrary, they still do have an opportunity to win, and even if that doesn't materialize they will likely play Kingmaker with the other two.

Kinda like survivor
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:22   #325
Lord_Dain

no Col you are wrong.

all these 3 blocks are outright lame sh*te

ILY will rule round 9. it's a fact. get used to it.

Now hand over your roids.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:23   #326
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius
That's a very interesting view point to take Spaz. I do think you are quite correct that VOM will likely not be dominating the universe any time soon because the current climate has made that improbable. However it should be remembered that the other veteran HC saw them as a potential threat and so moved into comparable vehicles.

You take a very deprecating viewpoint of VOM, so it'd be interesting for you to take a look at the other blocks that are VOMs rivals.

You could say what you sad about ViruS to mean any number of alliances in "FoS2" and "Xeta2". As well, if Madcows is not a dominating force, is ToT? Auld? Would you consider Eclipse more prepared than Olympians, seeing as how they are just as untested?

The same negatives that VOM has, the other 2 blocks have as well, I do not agree that VOM now will be an insignificant factor in politics. On the contrary, they still do have an opportunity to win, and even if that doesn't materialize they will likely play Kingmaker with the other two.

Kinda like survivor
To answer your questions in one sentance:

I don't see any 3 alliances (working together) capable of dominating this current round.

Now I'll elaborate...
Look at history of the organized rounds. No 3 alliances were able to dominate a round single handedly. There were always around 5 alliances in a block for dominance to really take hold. Arguments could be made that there was a larger player base back then, but current alliance numbers have shrinked as the player base got smaller as well, so percentages of players in 'key' alliances are roughly the same. Not only that, but the number of 'key' alliances or alliances capable of drastically changing politics and wars has dramatically increased. You give me any list of 3 alliances and I will give you ONE lone alliance that could cause that single triad sustained trouble over a good period of time. That is precisely why I think absolutely nothing of this triad. There are too many contenders and thus too many possibilities to just throw up your hands and say 'I give up'.

Last edited by SpazMonster; 15 Jan 2003 at 19:32.
SpazMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:24   #327
Tuz
The Crazy Sexy Frog

Tuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
There are alot of things here that contributed to the current situation and climate that surrounds the whole power-blocking and brokering that's going on right now, alot of which has been pointed out a few times by now (but I'm not going to let that stop me, heh). First, I call in to doubt the amount of political clout that VOM has/will have. I also call into doubt the amount of skill that they have. Not to talk down about the individual alliances, but by current standards, they simply don't have what it takes to dominate the universe as many people are conjecturing. Granted, they have alot of veterans, however that does not neccisarily mean good players. Take ViruS for example. There are some very talented players in ViruS, but when looking at the big picture, they have alot of sub-par players and officers. Their ability to handle political situations with any semblance of reason or decorum left with biggie. Olympians has yet to be proven, and their political plays so far have showed (at least publicly) them rather naive. Madcows is hardly a dominating force. Even added up, these 3 don't nearly have what it takes to control a large portion of the universe. I don't mean any offence here, I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Their early announcement of their relationships just goes to prove how unable they can/will be. No alliance leader worth their salt, who had any sense of public perception or military know-how would knowingly admit to any working relationships a month before the start of the round. It's a mistake that's been made numerous times over the last few rounds and for these so-called vets to make the same mistake shows a reasonable amount of ineptitude. This early announcement gives enemies a chance to form, coordinate, and spin anything that comes out of VOM. It's really not a move an intelligently organized 'power-block' would make. I highly doubt VOM will have a significant influence on the round. You may say "It already has", but myself, and others will just come back that other alliances are brokering triads++ as well. If VOM wasn't the 1st, someone else would have been. Their mistake was being first.

/me applause, great Thx Spazmonster, the best thing in this topic, easily.
Players just need some phantasm of a strong and dark power. VOM gie them what they needed. But I thought that most of us were old enough to understand it, the dark against the light...Star Wars is bullsh** for kids. I'm just disapointed to see such famous name as Storebo or Lokken....
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:27   #328
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Dain
no Col you are wrong.

all these 3 blocks are outright lame sh*te

ILY will rule round 9. it's a fact. get used to it.

Now hand over your roids.
You need to get laid..

Anyways, fair enough Spaz, I'm pretty sure that there won't be any "domination" this round either
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:52   #329
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
i guess you can blame not yourself for it, but alot of your helpers who tried to be witty and werent able to keep their arrogance and stupidity off this boards.
There has been stupidity from all sides, a lot of the VOM block are just trying to defend themsleves, which they have every right to. Althought currently ViruS may be leading in the 'being a tad silly' front.

Quote:
Their early announcement of their relationships just goes toprove how unable they can/will be. No alliance leader worth their salt, who had any sense of public perception or military know-how would knowingly admit to any working relationships a month before the start of the round. It's a mistake that's been made numerous times over the last few rounds and for these so-called vets to make the same mistake shows a reasonable amount of ineptitude
Agreed.

Quote:
I highly doubt VOM will have a significant influence on the round.
I can say that they will definately have a significant influence on who wins the round.

Quote:
If VOM wasn't the 1st, someone else would have been. Their mistake was being first.
Exactly.

Quote:
You give me any list of 3 alliances and I will give you ONE lone alliance that could cause that single triad sustained trouble over a good period of time.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, do you mean any 3 alliances that have been allied in all 8 rounds of PA vs any one single alliance from all 8 rounds of PA?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:56   #330
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
There has been stupidity from all sides, a lot of the VOM block are just trying to defend themsleves, which they have every right to. Althought currently ViruS may be leading in the 'being a tad silly' front.

Agreed.

I can say that they will definately have a significant influence on who wins the round.

I think after this 1st snafu their influence will be severly limited.
Quote:

Exactly.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, do you mean any 3 alliances that have been allied in all 8 rounds of PA vs any one single alliance from all 8 rounds of PA?

I mean currently. One measly alliance, through politics or aggressive activity (especially if randomly placed as per parra) can cause loads of problems for a triad.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:08   #331
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
No we dont

Tell me Mr Logbat, how will it go exactly?

I can guess to what you mean but lets be clear on this so I can rip your pathetic opinion and post to shreds.
well mizz zhil i dont know how it will actually turn out but im sure to some point there will be some backstabbing.
I have to say all HCs that go into an cooperation with an command group with the ex fury command ranks are in charge of dont think so long term, and dont even try to "ensure" the safety of theire members.

As for my "pathetic opinion" mizz zhilly zhil im actually allowd to have that and i have my reasons to back it up also
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:09   #332
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
I think after this 1st snafu their influence will be severly limited.

I mean currently. One measly alliance, through politics or aggressive activity (especially if randomly placed as per parra) can cause loads of problems for a triad.
I have to disagree with this. No single alliance currently can stand up to three alliances. (Okay, this is dependant on who but in general it does not happen). Tell me a single alliance that could stand up to VOM. There are none - if I was leading Fury I wouldnt be niave to assume Fury could take all three on.

As for history, look at Fury/Legion/RB. That was a triad that managed to dominate a universe that was significantly larger than it is today. RB when dropped from the triad hardly had any real impact upon Fury/Legion and did not pose any 'trouble'.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:14   #333
logbat

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Hmmm I am pretty sure you will find ex-Legion and Fury in every major alliance this round....is this a cunningly disguised way to suggest that no-one should ally !
Maddix with my post i ment the ppl in command!
old fury peons are good players and they have average high loyalty and disipline!

But that some ppl here seem to forget or forget and forget some seem like they have more memory than a gold fish is that furys have in theire bloodline that they will backstab and do anything to get theire planets or gals finishing on tops,thats why ppl (HCs to start with9 should think twice about letting those ex fury members be to fat roid beholders!
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:15   #334
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by logbat
well mizz zhil i dont know how it will actually turn out but im sure to some point there will be some backstabbing.
I have to say all HCs that go into an cooperation with an command group with the ex fury command ranks are in charge of dont think so long term, and dont even try to "ensure" the safety of theire members.

As for my "pathetic opinion" mizz zhilly zhil im actually allowd to have that and i have my reasons to back it up also
Excellent so you are saying Fury are the only alliance to have ever backstabbed?

Sorry but Fury has never backstabbed. There have always been reasons for Fury's political moves. The closest to a backstab would be in r5 for WP/Ni!, even that is debateable.

I think you are trying to scare people over working with ex Fury command staff. Really, Fury command had nothing to do with its politics. Sid and Cryptic made all of Fury's political moves. Germania was involved in politics in the latter round. None of them are involved in Eclipse.

Your scare mongering for us is pathetic. I already posted a long post in reply to Hardin about how he compares Eclipse to Fury. Lets cease the stupid and silly propaganda attempts here.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:16   #335
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
I have to disagree with this. No single alliance currently can stand up to three alliances. (Okay, this is dependant on who but in general it does not happen). Tell me a single alliance that could stand up to VOM. There are none - if I was leading Fury I wouldnt be niave to assume Fury could take all three on.

As for history, look at Fury/Legion/RB. That was a triad that managed to dominate a universe that was significantly larger than it is today. RB when dropped from the triad hardly had any real impact upon Fury/Legion and did not pose any 'trouble'.
I said cause sustained trouble, not take head on. I'd venture to say eclipse could cause trouble on both a political and war front for VOM. My (I thought implied) point was that if 1 alliance can cause trouble, 2 could cause serious complications or even deal with them and 3 could take on/defeat them.

And when I said 'organized' rounds I was refering to post-private galaxies when numerous alliances became top rate powers.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:18   #336
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Excellent so you are saying Fury are the only alliance to have ever backstabbed?

Sorry but Fury has never backstabbed. There have always been reasons for Fury's political moves. The closest to a backstab would be in r5 for WP/Ni!, even that is debateable.

I think you are trying to scare people over working with ex Fury command staff. Really, Fury command had nothing to do with its politics. Sid and Cryptic made all of Fury's political moves. Germania was involved in politics in the latter round. None of them are involved in Eclipse.

Your scare mongering for us is pathetic. I already posted a long post in reply to Hardin about how he compares Eclipse to Fury. Lets cease the stupid and silly propaganda attempts here.
can we not give creedence to this tard so that it doesn't disrupt an otherwise good debate?
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:19   #337
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Maddix with my post i ment the ppl in command!
old fury peons are good players and they have average high loyalty and disipline!

But that some ppl here seem to forget or forget and forget some seem like they have more memory than a gold fish is that furys have in theire bloodline that they will backstab and do anything to get theire planets or gals finishing on tops,thats why ppl (HCs to start with9 should think twice about letting those ex fury members be to fat roid beholders!
There was me thinking a HC should look out for his/her own members first.

Damn it, I've seen the light!

I will now work to make the round exciting for every alliance within the game. I will hold tea parties on IRC for the entire universe.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:22   #338
Trend-y-Poo
Banned

Trend-y-Poo is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm, solution to the problems.....

Make it a Random Universe

quite simple actually... get over the fact of wanting so much to play with your close friends as wanting to play with them will probably kill the game. I'm sure we all want to play with our rl friends or close friends from the community, but i'm sure you all kept in touch and worked together last round so u can just as easily do it again this round. Randoms is the way to go, shows the real skill/potential of the true pa players and gets rid of these damn block wars.
Trend-y-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:28   #339
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
I said cause sustained trouble, not take head on. I'd venture to say eclipse could cause trouble on both a political and war front for VOM. My (I thought implied) point was that if 1 alliance can cause trouble, 2 could cause serious complications or even deal with them and 3 could take on/defeat them.

And when I said 'organized' rounds I was refering to post-private galaxies when numerous alliances became top rate powers.
Cause trouble yes, but be pulvurized to a pulp afterwards. As a HC of Eclipse, I dont particular desire to be a pulp and neither do my members I think. Why should they have to lead a pocket resistence and be terminated for it?

The rest of your comment is flawed extensively - the key word is could, and this depends greatly upon the alliance(s). I doubt three medium/small alliances could take on VOM and defeat them. You have to remember ViruS is considered a 'large' alliance and whilst Oly is new has the ingrediants of Titans/LDK so is also considered a highup and thus 'large' alliance - I do not refer to member numbers here. Pitting nd/hirr/IPC against them for example wouldnt defeat VOM (no offense to those three alliances)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:33   #340
logbat

There is several things some dont understand,and thats some blocking is needed. And the reason for that is : If not we will get to many fence sitting gals,if we dont block a lilltle. 3 blocks are just good for the game but thats if those 3 blocks fight eachother and not 2 of them tag up on the other.that wont give us an long and exiting round. It will mainly be all gunning for 30 - 40 gals and thats not more than can be targeted on one night with the current setup ive heard about. 4-6 weeks later we have the two other blocks fighting about the victory.

Its utterly lame and childish to scream about you were the first,were back to kinder garden then. /me points : he started it!

Some of the ppl that accused the first block to ruin the game is now forming an powerblock. an triad with the member base each alliance have now is not an powerblock. VoM have lower member base than Ely/Wp,
We have to try and balance it and have equal sized blocks,that should be the goal and not like form an its us against those 300 ppl!

Like storebo here (sorry to use you as an example) but hes putting his personal reasonings to ground when hes discussing this mather and thats why hes an rather poor leader (note my opinion) just think about how that would have been in real life if it was standard leadershipment!
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:33   #341
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Trend-y-Poo
hmm, solution to the problems.....

Make it a Random Universe

quite simple actually... get over the fact of wanting so much to play with your close friends as wanting to play with them will probably kill the game. I'm sure we all want to play with our rl friends or close friends from the community, but i'm sure you all kept in touch and worked together last round so u can just as easily do it again this round. Randoms is the way to go, shows the real skill/potential of the true pa players and gets rid of these damn block wars.
Random is not an impediment to blocking. Most people associate it as such purely because the initial rounds of PA, which were without blocks largely it is true, were random. However the current attitude is set and that's not going to change unless there is something serious done. Personally I don't think you'll ever kill off blocks (and I mean blocks in the negative connotation they have taken on) if they still remain profitable and possible to manage.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:37   #342
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
There is several things some dont understand,and thats some blocking is needed. And the reason for that is : If not we will get to many fence sitting gals,if we dont block a lilltle. 3 blocks are just good for the game but thats if those 3 blocks fight eachother and not 2 of them tag up on the other.that wont give us an long and exiting round. It will mainly be all gunning for 30 - 40 gals and thats not more than can be targeted on one night with the current setup ive heard about. 4-6 weeks later we have the two other blocks fighting about the victory.

Its utterly lame and childish to scream about you were the first,were back to kinder garden then. /me points : he started it!

Some of the ppl that accused the first block to ruin the game is now forming an powerblock. an triad with the member base each alliance have now is not an powerblock. VoM have lower member base than Ely/Wp,
We have to try and balance it and have equal sized blocks,that should be the goal and not like form an its us against those 300 ppl!

Like storebo here (sorry to use you as an example) but hes putting his personal reasonings to ground when hes discussing this mather and thats why hes an rather poor leader (note my opinion) just think about how that would have been in real life if it was standard leadershipment!
Round 6? I dont recall all you people complaining back then when two blocks worked together against the evil Furgion.

The fact VOM denies its a powerblock when it is, and the fact you are using a number excuse compared to just WP/Ely go to show how you really have no clue. Thats 'Politics for R6', available in all good bookstores

PS: I am not implying there are two blocks working against VOM

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:38   #343
logbat

Quote:
youre two last reps
try to answer more mature and you maybe will get an discussion also but i dont get into catfight with a 12 year old boy
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:39   #344
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Random is not an impediment to blocking.
Blocking, no. Stagnation (sticking together of blocks once in a dominating position), yes.

A private universe, with such levels of mixed gals, makes it almost impossible to break the block up at any point during the round, random doesn't.

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:39   #345
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Numbers are not the only advantage an alliance has. Relative skill levels have a massive impact. It's been more pronounced in some groups but regardless of people's perceptions of it, or lack thereof, it still remains. I think there's enough talent this round for four blocks with the same 'power' as VoM. People don't think rationally sometimes though and you get massive mistakes made by worried HCs. It'll be a strange round I bet.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:43   #346
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Blocking, no. Stagnation (sticking together of blocks once in a dominating position), yes.

A private universe with such levels of mixed gals make it almost impossible to break the block up at any point during the round, random doesn't.

That depends on the numbers. Round four was private gals but never really stagnated. Although on the current player base, and the way the game is coded, I would tend to agree that a private universe does lead to some degree of stagnation. Problem is that with the player base so low there are very good odds on the VoM, or any other of similiar size, getting a fairly high number of players into particular galaxies (even if you exclude the way certain people managed gal set-ups for round two *cough*).
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:44   #347
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Round 6? I dont recall all you people complaining back then when two blocks worked together against the evil Furgion.
Even in round 6 I think 'Furgion' were still rather confident that we could win if we played it well. The way it seems at the moment VOM have already conceded defeat, which is definately a bad thing.

(Not entirely on topic, but I think this is another mistake being made by the VOM command, and I just love discussing old times with my mate Zhil)

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:44   #348
logbat

Quote:

The fact VOM denies its a powerblock when it is, and the fact you are using a number excuse compared to just WP/Ely go to show how you really have no clue. Thats 'Politics for R6', available in all good bookstores

PS: I am not implying there are two blocks working against VOM
exactly we will get an new round 6.
I was in Legion that round zhil so i have the history and i was against it back then also. But fact is we had it comeing due to the actions taken by our leaders,so we couldnt whine about it!

I have no clue?? humrf well i you dont have to have alot of clue seeing the tactic some ppl are useing atm!
Randorm might have saved this round tbh.

But mister knowitall dont you agree the goal must be to balance blocks??
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:49   #349
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
dont you agree the goal must be to balance blocks??
Not at all. The goal for most alliances is to win, their preaching about VOM blocking first is crap, and is just an excuse for them to form their own blocks in order to give them a better chance of winning.

And I don't think your side worried about balanced blocks when they discussed possible allies.

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:49   #350
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Cause trouble yes, but be pulvurized to a pulp afterwards. As a HC of Eclipse, I dont particular desire to be a pulp and neither do my members I think. Why should they have to lead a pocket resistence and be terminated for it?

The rest of your comment is flawed extensively - the key word is could, and this depends greatly upon the alliance(s). I doubt three medium/small alliances could take on VOM and defeat them. You have to remember ViruS is considered a 'large' alliance and whilst Oly is new has the ingrediants of Titans/LDK so is also considered a highup and thus 'large' alliance - I do not refer to member numbers here. Pitting nd/hirr/IPC against them for example wouldnt defeat VOM (no offense to those three alliances)
I didn't recommend that you do it, I was giving hypotheticals. My arguments aren't inherantly flawed because when dealing with the future 'if's and 'could's are all you can really deal with. I think you're misreading my arguments. I'm not recommending a course of action for anyone. I'm giving theory and reasons as to why VOM isn't anything to be afraid of.