User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Jul 2006, 00:04   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Walking, the perils

So i walked some of the west highland way today. The smallest proportion (Inverarnan to Crainlarich, 7 miles), but it took ****ing ages. Funny as well, because i walked southbound from Bridge Of Orchy to Crainlarich (14 miles) and it was only marginally a "longer" walk in terms of time/enjoyment. (we also took a 4 mile accidental detour that time and ended up in the grampian mountains). I'm fitter now than i've probably ever been so that doesnt really make sense either.

I would definitely be up for doing the whole thing some day. Its 95 miles, and probably takes 8 days (indeed, if anyone on GD would be game for it, give me a PM whenever). Walking is good fun, it takes you away from various stresses. But more than anything, it makes you appreciate coca-cola, burgers, bad internet jokes and showers even more than usual

However, there are bad things Actually WALKING, sucks. Its fun to go "oh hey this is good" for about an hour before you keep checking the maps and wondering how far youve gone. Once you realise you arent super man and you arent walking at awesome space, and actually, yes, hiking is as hard work as its meant to be and the fact you were acing it is probably because you just ****ing started.

Also some bits are ****ing great like all the waterfalls and the like your like o hey a waterfall this is great. Then you're walking in a ****ing field next to a road for 2 hours and you're like oh hey an A Road with a few cars on it, a few hills that were impressive 2 hours ago but are now boring and stones underfoot that keep tripping me up and hurting my feet.

And your map exaggerated landmarks - so has to make up for it by underestimating the straights - so the boringest part of your walks last for ages, much longer than you have to.

You get sunburnt to ****.

Insects bite you all over the place including insects youve never seen before. The WHW in particular is covered in midges, which makes it nearly impossible to enjoy yourself - or even stop walking for 2 seconds.

But the worst part is

I have ****ing thigh rash again and i'm walking round like the most feminine guy in the prison, because theres actually no ****ing skin left on my thighs, it all got chaffed away

Talcum powder can only fix so much

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 00:05   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Walking, the perils

chaffing is gods way of saying your fat
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 09:17   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I have ****ing thigh rash again and i'm walking round like the most feminine guy in the prison, because theres actually no ****ing skin left on my thighs, it all got chaffed away

Talcum powder can only fix so much
Maybe you should stop pissing yourself

Anyway - I'd definately be up for a camp-hike combo one day, no time to do anything like that at the moment though.

another walking thread.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 09:56   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Also some bits are ****ing great like all the waterfalls and the like your like o hey a waterfall this is great. Then you're walking in a ****ing field next to a road for 2 hours and you're like oh hey an A Road with a few cars on it, a few hills that were impressive 2 hours ago but are now boring and stones underfoot that keep tripping me up and hurting my feet.

And your map exaggerated landmarks - so has to make up for it by underestimating the straights - so the boringest part of your walks last for ages, much longer than you have to.
I guess it really depends on your intrests on how enjoyable it is. My dad being from an era where things like tv's were rare and growing up on the doorstep of the Lake Distict has a great appreciation and intrest in wildlife. As such alot of the family holidays and days out would be centred around activities like Ornithology. We would goto places in Scotland, Wales and various parts of England and spend the time walking around looking for Birds or Animals. While you are on the look out for anything of intrest the time spent walking would just fly by. We would take a picnic with us and other refreshments and when someone was feeling tied we would stop, have something to eat and drink before carrying on.

They would ultimatly be extreamly enjoyable, you would spend time walking around some of the most Beautiful scenery these Islands have to offer, see all kinds of wildlife (often rare wildlife that you wouldnt see otherwise) and just get out of the town/city enviorment for a while. It also gave you a good workout.

Admitedly midges can be a real problem, but you just have to remember to take a load of repelant to keep the majority from biting you
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 09:59   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

seriously, i have fat thighs from doing a lot of biking when younger and now letting it go to fat, and even i dont get thigh chafing
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 10:26   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is why driving is so much better. I can cover more miles than you could ever possibly hope to achieve walking and I can see more interseting sites without the following :

Sunburn,
chafing thighs,
Lack of water (theres cup holders!)
Any kind of exercise whatsoever bar moving my foot up and down occasionally

Oh and the best it. Im enclose from nature in a beautifully airconditioned bubble that keeps the crappy bits of nature out. So no flies. Nothing biting me.

If you roll down the windows and drive slowly its like being on a walk anyway.

In summary :

Walking is overrated. Get a car
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 12:26   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I love a good walk, and would seriously enjoy some kind of awesome walking holiday.

I am also extremely prone to that thigh rash thing, and with all the walking I do (about 3 miles a day, everyday) the inside of my thighs are now like a piece of old leather.
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 13:06   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Im not sure why im getting so many "you are fat" comments, considering its nothing to do with weight, and i'm certain i'm fitter than 90% of GD. It depends on the type of pants you wear, the trousers, the type of terrain, the amount of walking.

JJ, i was being lollerific when i detailed all the bad parts of walking. Obviously its in a different league to being a vroomfag and is a much different experience. Indeed, all the bad things ive mentioned about it, are what make it so good. Of course, i'm only saying this now because ive woke up and i can walk less like an egyptian, ive had a shower, and im on the internet.

As to midges, nowhere does midge's like Scotland (except maybe scandanavia). Insect repellant is all fine and well but certain people still attract them regardless - i'm one of those. My old flatmate lynsay could stand in a storm of them and not get a nibble though. bitch

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 13:34   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I prefer walking through cities.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 16:34   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Walking, the perils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I prefer walking through cities.
Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote