User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 19 Apr 2005, 23:53   #151
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Re: Shattering of Gems: Birth of Darkness

Garent had followed Ark in curious as the young elf. He watched as he entered another of the rooms and lightly tapped him on the shoulder "Hello who are you?"

(Here is my character)
Character Description: Garent stands at a towering 6'2" and has an athletic build. His eyes are a deep blue color, if you look into them its like they go on forever. His hair is a light brown color. He has several scars on his body. A single across his left arm pit to a inch away from his spinal cord. One dark red across the tip of his ribs (The bottom park) down to his gut. Another light red across his right palm. He wears light flexible clothing usually unless it is too cold to do so. He general has a pack that is easily tossed aside when a fight begins. Inside his pack are various outdoor gear. A bedrool, change of clothes, tinder, flint, warmer clothes. He has a large grey shirt and brown pants with a scabbard strapped over his back where he keeps his blade. His shoes are sandles that are light and easily balanced when hitting even or uneven surface.
Name: Garent Fairweather
Sex: Male
Class: Mage
Weapons and Pocessions:A short sword that he is capable of using. Dual daggers 11 inches long hidden in his robe. He also has a tinder and a bedroll.
Special Item: Staff with a gem capable of absorbing spells launched at it and launches it back when the user utters "Dirinthed"
Training/ Spells:

Blade Enchant- Can make the blade electric that will not harm the wielder capable of shcoking conductive material

Weather Control- Can make the wind go in different direction at the drain of his energy. Can also create localized electrical storms

Whirlwind- Can use the air around him to create a whirlwind that kncok people down or off balance.

Wind Blade- Summons wind focused into a single line the swings down with tremendouse force capable of cutting cloth and light cuts on skin

Fog- Summons air the create a fog that is difficult to see through

Wind Shield- Summons wind to form a solid see through barrier capable of stopping arrows like normal winds and can be difficult to pass through.

History: Garent grew up as an adventures soul. He enjoyed having fun but was serious when he was learning. He felt a balance of both sides was needed to ha ve a good love. He had an affinity of magic growing up. Specifically the power over wind. he officialy received training at the age of 95. THough he had been treaining himself the entire time alone. He loved reading and loved aquire new knowledge or learning new spells. When the prospect of learning was there he often became short sighted in his quest to get it. Unless obvious presence of danger were at hand. WHen he picked up a good book he rearely put it down until he had read it and absorb every detail. This was the main reason he left home. To learn more than what was available to his home. That and to protect his home. But if he got knowledge on his way that was a plus.

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003

Last edited by adam; 20 Apr 2005 at 00:01.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 07:56   #152
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

k plz tell me if i make mistakes:/

name: Leigon Brindin
job: hunter, tracker, warrior
equipment: horse, magic bow (shoots icebolts instead oif arrows...), trousers, backpack, a watch, some glass, sand (for cleaning the blade and other stuff), bolts for my gloves(they are containing ten arrows for shooting thru fingerflex)
magic: nature, some spells to heal, some for fighting(Icebolt, Blizzard, Nova, Icebridge, Lord of the Ice)
culture: elf but grown up in the dark regions of the city(at least living in a tree)
philosophy: as long as im alive i fight on.
vision of myself: myself standing with two blades above my archenemy.
archenemy: mage siririlonar, he killed my two brother and my father when i was but a boy, had me watch it all...

Leigobi, i hope this is alright and im not too late
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 20:15   #153
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

name: fine
job: warrior OR ice mage
equipment: you may have the magic bow or the gloves as your special item. Not both.
Age: 200 is fine, and you will live past 500 unless killed
Magic: if you chose mage, you may have the spells but i need you to write them out with an explanation. As a young elf they will be limited.. Nature is far to broad a topic.
If you chose warrior, you can have a few healing spells.
Culture: there really aren't dark regions of the city and everyone lives in or around trees.
philosphy: fine
vision: There are no evil mages in the land. The first notice of evil tendencies leads to banishment. I'd also rather you didn't add in your own villians. It will only make this thread more difficult..for me to DM, it's complex enough as it is. Having your family killed in fine but you have no idea who did it.. They would possibly be killed by one of the already banished elves, another race, or a wild animal, but you have no idea.

See what you can do with your character and then i'll figure out where to start you.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2005, 21:44   #154
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Vicotnik jumps as garent taps his shoulder, almost tripping over a fall chair

"who, who are you?"
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2005, 01:29   #155
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

Garent smiles slightly enjoying seeing the young elf jump in fright. "Garent Fairweather at your serivce. WHat are you doing in here?" Trisk says looking around.

Unread 16 May 2005, 13:05   #156
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

"What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here, and how did you get in?"
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 17 May 2005, 01:46   #157
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

"Curisoity mostly, I am assuming that is your ambition. Oh and the door was open so it wasn't that hard." Garent says with a shrug and a laugh.

Unread 18 May 2005, 08:10   #158
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

"Heh, ok"

Vicotnik relaxes for a second

"So, what do we do now?"
Unread 21 May 2005, 21:53   #159
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

"I figured yoiu would know that" He says with a sigh "We explore there has to be a sign of what they were doing here" Garent says with a curious look.

Unread 21 May 2005, 23:10   #160
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

ooc/Okay, I started this earlier but my wonderful brother and to go get himself in a car accident, least he's alright. Lets see if i can finish this now./ooc

Darkling, fj, Zorro (sorry but i have to move on); Miveron watches Windrunner, waiting to see what he does however even his immense patience wears thin is this urgent time. Turning away from him without fear, a strong gust of wind holding him back as he walks away toward the city, gesturing for Nibermacarion to follow.

(Darkling): Turning a little to speak over his shoulder to Talon "You are welcome to follow but I leave it to you."
As he continues walking not waiting for an answer and creature flys quickly flys overhead and lands next to you. You immediately regonize it as a fairyflight as it stares up at you, waiting for you to notice its message.

Ark, Adam, any others still with us: As you look about the room you notice two books open on the table. They appear to be history of the elven realm books. Dust is everywhere as if no one had been in the that room for a long time. But is it everywhere? As you explore more you notice the left far corner of the room appears to be more used. The edges around the corner bookshelves are nearly bare of dust.

Zappa, Heiro: The head of the council nods and continues. "I'm sure you know of Miveron, if not personally at least of what he did. It was a dark time for our people that we have always desired to keep hidden from the younger populace." He pauses and glances at the rest of the council before continuing. "He has returned........." He fades off again, not completely sure what he should tell you next.
Hakim's father steps foward in the silence and looks seriously at his son. "I knew you would come too my son. We will need all the help we can get in these dire times. We lost contact with Miveron ages ago, despite our attempts to keep tabs on him. We are unsure of what abilities he still has or may have gained over the years. We know a few of the more restricted books from the library had disappeared when he left. Unfortunately only he knew which books they were. "
The head elder nods at Hakim's father and speaks again. ""This may be a very difficult task we are laying before you.but we hope you will not fail in your duties to your people."

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 21 May 2005 at 23:45.
Unread 21 May 2005, 23:36   #161
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Scoffing a little to himself as Meveron goes to leave this had gotten to complicated for him already, this was one reasons he retreated to the woods in his retirment mages and their politics. Talon finding himself about to turn around the sight of the blighted city was getting to much of an eye-sore, quickly grabbing his bow in hand pulling an arrow loose to notch it quickly in one movment. Letting out a audible groan of frustration at the sight of it, his arm slacking passivly.
"I hate these things they move so stifly and unatrually"
Placing his bow on his back taking the message deftly already figuring out what it said for most part anyway.
"You can go now back to your masters, I will be there"
Opening the sealed letter taking a short glance across its finely written text and parchment, letting it hang between his fingers for a few seconds before sliding it inbetween his belt.
"Really I woke up this morning with nothing complicated planned as well"
Scanning the scene back and forth watching Miveron move of towards the city with his young companion and over the young ranger.
"Dont take it as some plot to question your loyalties but forget what you saw here, the polotics of mages and elders leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, and little to show for it just look at me I used to be happy and nieve once to"
Turing around to leave both parties to their descions whatever they would be, heading towards the direction of the cities gates with a heavy press in his steps.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 10:35   #162
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
"We are to stop him at all costs, no matter what it is he is planning, for it cannot be good?"

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 15:00   #163
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Hakim bows his head and shakes it slowly.
"Of course father. I would do nothing but. And I share my companions conviction with this. We will stop him"
Unread 22 May 2005, 20:31   #164
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Making good time to the city main gates Talon looks about the behemoth of an entrance wih a little scorn, last time he walked through them was when he chose to continue his life outside the citys limits. The idea of returing to them alive did not really come to mind, breaking his firm stance to walk briskly after a quick glance from one of the gates gaurdians. The city had not chnaged much in the years he ha been away, then again he never expected it to, elves where slow to change and the city reflcected this.

Making his way to the metting hall located deeper in near a closed walled section of the city, a relic of the past that the younger generation would not understand anymore. A flicker of regret crossing his gaze, being back brought to many bacd memories with them. Coming up to the rising walls and decoartions of the councils main building, it was made with a level of skill that surpassed even the more modern buildings. Showing his invite to the gaurds posted at the front, Talon doubted that he would be reconised anymore most of odler soliders had either retired or had been promoted to somewhere else.

Stepping inside the mights halls circular layout there was already a throng of people gatehred already, most he reconised though there was a few more new ones that remained a mystery. Removing his cloak by its simple metal clasp placing it of to the side along with his bow and quiver, looking comeplelty out of place with his worn animal hide clothing and sun bleached brown trousers preffering to keep his dirk safetly holstered in his belt. The idea of going anywhere unarmed was a foreign one to Talon.
Unread 25 May 2005, 00:00   #165
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Ark, adam, et al: see last DM

Heiro, Zappa: Hakim's father steps back semi- disappearing into the many elder and clan leader faces. The head memember nods at Zappa's comment and pauses a moment before speaking.
"He seeks to undo what we have made in all these years. That we are sure of. He cannot be allowed to ....." He stops as he spots Talon Silverback enter the hall.
Darkling: The guards just nod as you display the paper, they have seen so many of the older generation this day they have almost stopped caring. As you enter the head elder looks to you.
"Ah Talon, we had difficulty locating you, as always. We have important matters to discuss. Allow me to introduce your allies in this time of need. I'm sure you've at least heard of Zappa Tenderleaf and his companion Hakim 'Goldblade'. "

Unread 25 May 2005, 00:14   #166
Darkling

Talon simple looked over both the elder and two other elves with a detached expression letting the Head elder finish his sentance at least.
"Its always important when you decided to discuss anyhting, it was that way when I was still privy to regualr meetings. I doubt it has changed at all to this day, you seem to find some self gratification out of it all"
Letting out a huffed sigh and nodding his head in dismay depsite all these years they still kept their visage of perfection up.
"I know of these two by name at least, and I know all this is about the return of Miveron to our lands and no doubt you have some plan or at least an idea of how to deal with this alreay formed"
His expression remaning void looking more bored than suprised at the whole false procession
Unread 25 May 2005, 17:01   #167
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Hakim seems immediately to dislike the tone of his elder and what looks by guesswork to be his superior for whatever task the group would happen to be on. He settles down to listen to the council, rather than speak, aiming to take the nessassary details in with limited fuss or forgetfulness.
Unread 25 May 2005, 18:45   #168
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Vicotnik leans forward, to read the titles of the books in that particular spot
Unread 25 May 2005, 20:13   #169
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
*nodding at the newly arrived "aide" in their quest, Zappa turned his attention to the counsil again*

"is there anything more you wish to tell us, any hints you have to give us, or any ideas in which direction to start searching?"

waiting for an answer, Zappa stood still for a moment.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark

Last edited by Zappa Tenderlea; 25 May 2005 at 21:41.
Unread 25 May 2005, 21:18   #170
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Zappa, I still have stuff to do at the council. so if you'd edit your post i'd appreciate it. I just hadn't gotten to Dming this thread yet.

Unread 30 May 2005, 16:24   #171
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

editted ages ago...

Unread 31 May 2005, 19:30   #172
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

sorry, brain died. i'll get to it today or tomorrow

edit: back is acting up again and sititng and typing this is painful. i'll try sometime this week at least.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 2 Jun 2005 at 02:27.
Unread 27 Jun 2005, 12:26   #173
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

I pray you heal well.

Unread 29 Jun 2005, 19:38   #174
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

well i gave in and went to the chiroprator. apparently my spine is quite misaligned and i never realized i stood at an angle for years now :/. I've got damaged plates in my back and the start of arthritis. Hopefully he can get me feeling better but it's going to take time. And to add to all that, last week I spent the week in bed too dizzy to stand up.

This has been such a wonderful year all around for me and my family :/

Last edited by dragonsjem; 3 Aug 2005 at 17:48.
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 04:13   #175
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

just keeping it in sight...

Unread 17 Oct 2005, 10:49   #176
Veritas

Veritas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I’d really like to join this thread, and have a character:

Character Description:
Name: Veritas Solaris (All priests of the Shining God have the surname Solaris)
Sex: Male
Class: Priest
Weapons and Possessions:
-Wooden Staff, topped with the circular symbol of the Shining God (The Sun), that acts as a focus for Veritas’ prayer spells.
-Dirk, carried in a sheath that hangs from Veritas’ belt, simple in appearance, but is finely crafted for enduring sharpness and strength.
-Books of prayer and learning, both for Veritas’ personal spiritual growth and so that he may teach others who are interested about the ways of the Shining God.
-Basic survival supplies

Special Item: Amulet of the Shining God: Worn around Veritas’ neck, it grants the wearer a strong protection against the darkness and creatures of an evil nature. It has no offensive properties involved, but does help prevent Veritas’ (and those who surround him) from being spied upon with magical means. (This only works on weaker-minded enemies and causes them to suffer an intense headache).
Training/ Spells:

1. Holy Light – Veritas’ staff shines forth with a strong and powerful light, that can illuminate the darkness, make paths easier to find, and is uncomfortable to the eyes of evil beings
2. Shield of the Faithful – Veritas and his companions are, for a brief period of time surrounded by glowing shields (powered by prayer and the will of the Shining God) that offer protection against magical attacks
3. Divine Strike - a spell that borders on the offensive, it causes no long-lasting harm, but delivers a severe shock to an enemy, one if strong enough can cause them to black out for several days, but at its mildest will still stun them into insensibility for a few hours/
4. Shining Mercy – Allows for more rapid healing of injuries (especially if they are from a magical cause), this spell can be cast by Veritas onto himself, and in most situations works synergistically with healing spells of other sources.
5. Enlightened Heart – can only be cast on others (one person at a time), this spell dispels illusions, clears the mind, and allows a person to instinctively know the best place to strike next, be it a weak spot on an enemy, or the means to elude a trap or pass a barrier (note that this spell does not give a person the ability to strike at the weak spot/trap/barrier, on the knowledge of where it is)
6. Hand of Justice – the most powerful spell known to the clerics of the Shining God, this spell causes the Heavens to open and the great and terrible hand of the Shining God (in the form of blinding energy) to come down and smite the evil. This spell can only be cast in the most extreme of circumstances and by the pure of heart. It only works against those with evil natures (whom it will cause to pass out for several days) or against unnatural or undead creatures (who will be banished to whence they came). Casting this spell comes at great personal cost to Veritas, who also passes out and is unwakeable for at least a day and a night. Also, if Veritas has committed any sins for which he has not performed cleansing prayers, he is unable to cast this spell.

History: Born in the village Sa’lenar in the foothills of a great mountain, Veritas is a part of the relatively minor community of elves that worship the Shining God (The Sun). From an early age Veritas’ pure heart and strength of will meant that he was slated to be trained as one of the famed warrior priests of Sa’lenar. He took the training with ease and was soon the star pupil of the priesthood, being of a clear mind (and so more able to cast the prayers spells of the Shining God) and of a firm athletic body (he is a more than competent combatant, using a combination of staff and dirk to good effect). Many said that he would one day be the head priest of the Shining God. However when Veritas’ mother and sisters were raped and killed by one of the more senior priests in the order, he became disillusioned with strict order and corrupt power status of the priesthood. He left his beloved village and began a life as a travelling healer and helper of the weak and the sick, trying to reconcile his still-unbreakable faith in the Shining God with what he sees as the corruption of his order.

Physical Appearance

A well-built elf of medium height (5 foot 8”), with brown eyes, and long dark hair that is tied back by a metal circlet around the forehead. Dress in the field garb of the Sa’lenar priests: Tan tunic and pants with ochre vest and brown leather boots and wrist bands. Carries a pack that contains prayer books and survival supplies. His dirk is hanging at his hip and he uses his Staff as a walking stick as well as weapon. The golden amulet of the Shining God is hanging from his neck.

I’d love to join if possible!!!

P.S. reading back through the thread I realise someone was not allowed to have 'shadow' as an element, am I crossing that line with these spells? I just figure that being a priest would make one able to utilise spells (mostly defensive, I understand the last one is not exactly that way) that are "holy" in nature. Please correct if I'm wrong and I will change it all.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote