User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 15:49   #101
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road
Re: The Cleansing

Älhjögg coughs and stumbles out of the alley, falling down to one knee as he exits. Half blind and choked, he stoops over, coughing heavily.

"Oh, that was no good..." he whispers with a hoarse voice.

He forces himself to his feet, turning around to see if anyone else has made it out.
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 16:18   #102
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Nibimacarion "Oh you must be hungry and tired, you will obviously stay for dinner, we have a nice bed for you and you can leave in the morning when we have given you breakfast, I insist. I would love to have a long lovely conversation with you"

He points to the gorillas

"I assure you, my men won't hurt you, they are here for my protection, that's all"
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 16:24   #103
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

-Name: Gark
-Race: White duck
-Size: small
-Equipment: Blow pipe and darts(tuck nicely into a hand made harness type holster), ring(sits in a pouch round his neck), a tabaco pipe and tabbaco(sit along side the blow pipe)
-Description: A small and soft quite respectable little duck. Has one black feather on the left wing. has a dark beak and beady black eyes. Also has a gammy left leg and walks with a limp. A dark green waist coat fits snugly over his body and is wings poke nicely ot of teh sleves. Loves to bathe frequntly as his white coat often gets dirtyed. Always quick to defuse situations rather than anger people into voilence.
-History: Has survied the war mostly by running or flying from trouble when it rears its ugly head which used to be in the form of his mother. who unfortunaly passed a year back, a horrific incident with a brownie. However, Gark is now free of his mother and most of the troubles she brought, with her illegal trading of items she had stolen or 'borowed''. even though Gark had lost the shadow of his mother he still lived in shame because of her so he decided that it would be in his best interest to run away from his home rather than to different places in it. To put more distance between him and his mothers name. it didnt occur to him how big the world was and how little he knew of it. He has a kind heart and a cheery nature and often runs his mouth off if too excited. The horror of his young life still haddnt quite prepared him for the harsh reality of the world out side his home.

Last edited by Kal'rek; 9 Feb 2005 at 17:40.
Kal'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 16:27   #104
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

"I'm afraid however that staying is not an option, I'm expected back in Hynsolge and if I'm not back that has rather farstretching consequences. I'm quite used to eating only breakfast and dinner, us elves don't get hungry, or tired for that matter, fast, I'm pretty certain I could fly for several days on end provided I rest for a couple of hours a day. If we absolutely must talk, I'll come back tomorrow to talk, the journey like I said takes several hours. For now, we have an hour or 2, maybe 3 before I must leave."

ooc/ I don't think ducks fit in this thread very well /ooc

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence

Last edited by flapjack; 9 Feb 2005 at 16:38.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 16:45   #105
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

OOC: Unfortunately, ducks are a race in Ereb Altor. But they can't fly. And they do wear clothes.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 16:57   #106
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ wow, ducks as a race... That's got to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen. The only time I ever came across ducks in d&d when I was hunting them down /ooc

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 17:20   #107
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

OOC: Weird, I know. Also, these are the size of dwarves.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 17:33   #108
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Is it to late to join? Cause if not, now that I'm almost done with schoolwork, I'm interested in joining this thread :P.

Let me know, and I'll whip up a character.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 17:40   #109
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ well, if Kal'Rek can join, I guess you can join as well, if ärk was on right now I'd yell at him, but he's not... My guess is yes though, since events have only just began to start really /ooc

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 17:43   #110
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

ooc: i asked Ark all about the ducks but obviously i didnt ask enoguh(i amended the charactor profile, no flying now, and more clothes!) it does look like a fun thread tho.\ooc
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 18:04   #111
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
[Clyde You cousin seems confused, he doesn't start to speak until you are finished.

"But what about you? You must come with us, what will happen to you?"

The squire just nods.

"We will do this, if we can, you have my word"
"I cannot return home quite yet, Ferad," Clyde replied, now masked again by his helmet, "there are many among the court, many who sided with the King, who might remember my face if they were to pass through Nordkust. Not many, certainly, with Nordkust being as remote a settlement as it is, but all the same it is a chance I would rather not take. Rest assured that I will return as soon as I think it safe." - Safe for the village as well as for me, he added in the silence of his mind. Clyde stopped himself just short of lifting a gloved hand to touch the scar running down his cheek - though the helmet would have masked the gesture anyway. The wound had never really healed over properly, and still opened up from time to time. He could not remember what had happened in that long-forgotten tomb out in the wilds, but he had awoken with the wound, and with a strange, sinister presence, its touch so slight as to be near-unnoticeable at times, that he had been unable to shake from his mind since. And, occasionally, it came to the fore, when he was angry or in pain. And, there was one occasion since the tomb that his memory did not cover.raiders, from the skies knew where, had burned an isolated farmstead to the ground. Clyde had found the corpses of the house's former occupants lying scattered and broken some distance away; they had clearly been made to suffer before their death. Clyde had heaped some earth over them - as decent a burial as he could manage - and had found the tracks of the raiders. Mounted. He had ridden hard, and come dusk had spotted a campfire in the distance. He remembered observing them carefully for a time, and reasoning ten or twelve men - more than he could handle on his own. Then, he had cast his mind back to the burned farmstead and its butchered family, and the next thing he remembered, he was standing with sword bloodied in the midst of the raiders camp. surrounded by their dead. Clyde, for once in his life terrified beyond all limit that his courage could contain, had sheathed his sword, re-mounted and fled into the wilderness. His scar had seemed more severe, somehow, for a few days after that particular experience. Sections of the slaughter had come back to him afterwards, mostly through fevered dreams, and sometimes in the daylight hours when his mind wandered in those long, solitary rides. He had acted as though possessed by some demonic energy - there was no other way that he could have killed twelve men with such ease. Clyde shuddered visibly as those hazy images of death returned to him again, and forced them to the back of his mind. No, he could not return home yet. Not untill he had reasoned out what this presence in his mind was, and not untill he had learned how to contain it. Clyde abruptly returned from introversion, and looked around the copse again. Feeling the silence, he realised that the squire had spoken last, and quickly recalled what it was he had said.

"I thank you, friend. Friends," He added, nodding to the remaining men, and then turning to Ferad again, "remember your duty as a Knight, Ferad. I must go now, or the next time I see my shield and lance will be in some crook's shop in the nearest city. Gentlemen, good fortune." He bowed once more, perhaps a little extravagantly, and set off walking back toward the town. He would wait untill the sky darkened a little, then he would sneak in and retrieve his horse. Best to avoid fighting where it could be avoided...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 18:57   #112
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

As the pot was about to make its fall, its thin layers being smashed against the alley floor, catching sight of some of its contents goign alight. Closing his eyes and holding his breath as Volthar moves out of the alley with speed, not as effected by the smoke as he could of been as he finally draws breath a little beyond its boundries, opening his eyes to look on the moving puffs.
"Your getting slow Volthar, why did you not try catch to pot earlier?"
Quitly scorning himself, though more in a mocking manner.
"Oh well no harm done I suppose, least I did'nt decide to wear my better outfit to the party"
Talking aloud this time dusting himself off for a second time.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 23:10   #113
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

All About the ducks.

I do have a few nice pics of the ducks of Ereb Altor. I will post them as soon as possible. Imagine a duck, maybe as tall as a Tolkienish halfling, the wings have been transformed by evolution into arms. Kinda like the Donald Duck ducks, tough not as silly.

All ducks love the sea and are excellent swimmers, as opposed to most humans who can't swim even if their life was at stake (wich it normally is when they need to).

They come in three colours, brown white and black.

White are the most numerous of the duckfamilies, maybe 75% of all ducks are white. They are craftsmen, farmers, seafarers, and most of all merchants. They are apreciated wherever they go but subject to ridicule. They are timide by nature.

10% of ducks are black. These are the most fearsome of the duck-families. They are often pirates. They are rarely accepted into a human colony, thus they turn vicious. They are stronger than their brown and white sisters and brothers and wield battleaxes and shortswords.

About 15% of all ducks are brown. They are a bit tougher than their white relatives, but can't really compete with humans. They are nomads, often merchants.

None of the ducks can fly. Their wings are now hands.

Ducks wear clothing and armour.

bakan ofcourse you can join, haven't seen you since UNBR 2

people in smoking alley People are moving out into the alley, looking for wounded, luckily everyone is ok. It's a lot of weapons out tough, and a lot of drunk people weilding them. Suddenly General Vidar appears, right next to Jacob, who is inside of the inn, but close to the door.

-What is going on here?

He seems to be demanding a quick reply

Out in the street Älhjögg is helped to his feet by an older soldier, missing one eye.

-Are ya alright laddie?

He seems concerned, seeing you coughing like that.

Another person looks over at Volthar with Vea on his shoulder

-Are you both alright, what happened?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 23:33   #114
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Vea continues to cough a bit, deepingly, almost choking. The smoke that was irritating to a normal sized person was almost too much for her. She was extremely grateful to Volthar for getting her away fast enough. Curled up in a little ball on his shoulder, tears streaming a little from her eyes as she slowly clears the smoke from her system. Finally regaining her breath she looks up to the speaker.
"Yes..*cough* I'll..We'll be *cough* alright in a minute *cough cough* . She wipes a few tears from her cheek as her breathing returns to normal.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 23:43   #115
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Volthar caughing a little as he see the gatehring crowd, the drawn weapons did not make its reception any more welcoming let alone the drunken stagering.
"No perminant harm done, cloths a little dutsty and chest a little worst for ware but one will manage"
Noticing Vea's reaction though it was hard to miss when you had choking brownie close to your ear.
"That aside nothing a good rest wont cure, it seemed it was only a magic device used to cover ones own escape. Least thats what it appers to be anyway"
Looking around at the others who emerged from the smoke cloud, running his mind over what happened in the alley.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 03:44   #116
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Note: First off, while the arm and eye may seem powerful, Bakan only uses them absolutely as a last ditch weapon when all else has failed, and in some cases, would rather die than use them (for when in use, and he looses control, goes berserk and will kill anything around him, including allies]). If Ärketrollmannen
thinks my character is to powerful, will edit.

Name: Incom "Bakan" Morgan
Race: Human

Description: Sligthly under average height, slim and very well built. Typically wears a complete cloak that conceals the face. Underneath the cloak is light armor, that has places for a variety of weapons. His face, if one was to see, is heavily scarred on the left side. In addition, Bakan wears a eyepatch where the scar tissue is the worst. His entire left side of his body is scared down to the hip, with his left hand and arm a mangled mess that is constantly covered by loose bandages and glove that obscure it's true features. Rest of his features that remain intact are of handsome youth, with black hair (white where scare tissue meets it), hazel eye that seems harded by some horrific event.

Weapons:
  • Short Sword: A simple short sword, with the hilt much smaller than normal for only one hand would ever use it.
  • Heavy Gauntlet: Covering Bakan's left arm, this is constucted out of metal, designed to both support the remains of the arm, hide it's true nature and act as a shield against melee attacks. It also has a sharped point at the wrist, which extends just enough to act as a slashing weapon.
  • Eye of Corruption: Hidden beneath the eye-patch, this eye is completly red with several black dots. When exposed and focused on a person, Bakan can see their movements before they happen. Finally, the eye, if used to it's utmost potential, can hyponotise certain types of people. However, the eye carries a price, for when it is used, Bakan fights a inner war with himself, to keep control.
  • Arm of Corruption: The remains of Bakan's left arm. While covered with bandages and gloved, if exposed, the burnt, cracklng flesh, horribly distorted will reach out, and upon contact with another person, extract their life, infusing it into Bakan to heal wounds and give him strength, while killing whoever it touches over a period of time. It also expands it's corruption whenever it feeds, and as of this point, is half-way up Bakan's upper arm. Despite it's twisted looks, it possess inhuman strength and durability.

Skills
  • Engineering - A rarity, Bakan has a natural affinity towards engineering matters that served him well with working on seige engines. He also can repair weapons and construct them with the right toolds.
  • Quickness - Something that he never expected after the corruption, Bakan, despite his wounds, moves with a quickness and agility that rivals the best warrior on the field. However, this drains him after a time, unless he gives in to the corruption.
  • One-Handed Combat - Not wanting to risk allowing his left arm to roam free, Bakan has trained himself on his journey in fighting with his right hand only, primarily with the blade.

History: When the war began, Bakan was initially drafted into the rebellion. However, he was quickly shifted over towards constructing siege equipment due to a natural aptitude towards engineering and understand how they work and being able to repair them quickly. As of this time, Bakan was 18, and his reputation among the siege makers quickly spread. However, a few years later into the war, an attack upon the siege makers camp near the forward lines resulted in the collapse of a siege engine that was on fire, the remains landed on Bakan as he pushed a fellow worker away. The battle turned into a disaster for the Rebellion, and the survivors scattered. It turns out it was all caused by a lone magic user, working for the enemey. This user, whom Bakan does not know the name of, saw Bakan, buried under smoldering rubble, his left arm a distorted pile of crushed flesh and bone, his left eye a painful memory, yet still alive. The magic user, apparently a partaker in the dark arts, pulled Bakan from the rubble, and corrupted Bakan's left arm and gave him a eye, twisted by the dark arts from a corpse. When Bakan awoke, his body was still heavily scarred, as if the burns had healed over over the night. His arms flesh was burnt, twisted to the core, a grey hue with black cracks all over it. Wondering what happened, Bakan walked over towards where a trader arriver with supplies for the camp. Looking at him, the next thing Bakan saw was his face, a reflection on a puddle of water, his eye a dark red, with a fading glow, with the corpse of the trader next to him. Bakan soon found out about the nature of the arm, how it fed on others to grow, to expand. Unwilling to die by his own hand, Bakan used the materials avaiable to conceal the arm and eye, and set off on a journey to find the magic user that twisted him, to convince him to reverse the effects, or to die.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 03:48   #117
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

"It's nothing but an irritated throat," Älhjögg assures the man. Looking to the general, he speaks up: "An intoxicated man carrying a Nidlending coin asked us to follow him to that land. One among us attacked him and then he dropped a smoke bomb and made off."

There is no "Sir" at the end of that sentence. Älhjögg is a champion: He conciders himself equal to any general.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 04:57   #118
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

having been on the edge of the alley anyway Sajjuk escapes unscathed by the cloud. he frowns into the murky darkness and shakes his head. then turning he sees all the angry drunks and takes a deep breath. he listens to the high elf's statements and nods his concurance, but generally tries to look inconspicuous.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 11:49   #119
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

fluffie (the scepter, not spire, my crappy english is not improving ) as in "that stick that kings have when ruling etc."

The room is covered with symbols, carved into the walls. On the floor you can see three other coffins, similar to yours. They are all open.

The man is crying his eyes out but he doesn't seem to understand what you are asking.

-My lord, we are obviously betwean Nidland and Hynsolge. We walked for many days my lord

The man crawls even further into the wall, almost dissapearing, at least trying to.

-This is the dwarven city of D'hur Ham, or at least it was til a year ago. Now it has been taken over by those filthy animals, they are letting us pass because we buy their weapons, but they are filthy, filthy animals. We went down through their sewage systems, down to the underworld, and here we are. We were looking for the sceptre of deamons, it had to be here, but it wasn't. We opened up the other coffin there, but it only contained a corpse, and then we opened yours"

The man starts sobbing again

Clyde (Check PMs)

As you watch them continue north, some "locked" in the back and some at the front you can't help but feel sadness, that boy has matured quickly, but his will is weak and his destiny unclear.

You make you way bak and find your horse surrounded by some dogs, who are barking. This will certainly bring villagers soon. The horse doesn't seem scared, tough a bit agitated.

Nibimacarion Árgun smiles, the smile even touches his eyes.

-Ok then wingbeast, I tried to be nice.

The smile is still left, but his eyes have gone hard.
The air thickens, he doesn't actually seem to do anything, it just seems like the general mood got a whole lot colder.

As if a signal had ben given, the two large men rushes you, Musha throws himself to his side as he draws his scimitar and the diciple shouts out something. It sounds as if lightning struck the house and you get dizzy, you only have a moment to react.

What is your action?

bakan Someone has been watching naruto It's ok i friggin love it. You start in the inn, as you were invited to the aprty, eventough you had your accident. The eath of the salesman was blamed on the knights that routed you. Read what i write under alley.

alley General Vidar seems unhappy

-Nidland you say? Damn. I told King Mefimor years ago that we have to watch out, but what can be done? We need someone to go to the king now. He makes a general gesture to the lot of ya.

-One last order, go to Mefimors palace, it is that way, surely you cannot miss it. You will have to warn him, tell him that the Cleansing really is commencing and that we have to make peace with the nobles. Stick together, who knows how many spies that bastard Vicotnik has placed among us. Show him this.

He takes his signetring of, trying to decide who among you that is the most trustworthy. Then he sees Bakan.

-Morgan, will you accompany them?

Kal'rek (Gark) You travels have brought you to a small village near the city of Orkovia, capitol of Hynsolge. You are just contemplating wether or not you should stop in this village or continue to Orkovia as you see a dustcloud nearing you. It seems to be a rider.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:22   #120
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion reacted almost instantly, reflexes trained by years of practice, the moment he noticed the change of atmosphere his right hand gripped an arrow, his left hand raising the bow slightly off his lap as he prepared for what might come.

And come it did, the gorillas started their rush towards him and as the first gorilla stepped forward Nibimacarion raised his right hand and left hand almost simultaneously, firing a bow from horizontal position was wrong, difficult and made it hard to aim, but as Nibimacarion knew, at distances this shot, aim was not a prerequisite.

As the gorrilla put his right foot down and was about halfway through his first step the first arrow flew from Nibimacarion's bow, aimed merely towards the gorilla and aimed more to slow him down then to kill, the sound of his string coming up to full tension, then suddenly being released streamed through the air and moments later Nibimacarion had managed to fire of his second arrow, at the same gorilla, this time aiming solidly towards the chest of the unarmored man.

As the second gorilla started his second step, which would bring him into close combat, Nibimacarion launched his third arrow, aimed towards the waist of the man and before the gorilla could finish his step a fourth arrow went flying, the distance between Nibimacarion, still on his chair, and the gorilla now so close the arrow could only just leave the bow, the shot aimed squarely at the man's face.

Another moment later, as the second gorilla landed his foot after his second step and came within arm's reach, Nibimacarion leaned left with all his weight, dropping the bow off to his right with his left arm and pushing him off the chair towards the left, at the same time drawing his sword and bringing it towards the gorilla's back with a swift circle motion, the chair falling over at the same time while Nibimacarion quickly checked around, the exit was now directly behind him with nothing between him and it, but the goods he came for where off to his right, together with his bow and arrows.

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 13:05   #121
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

flapjack The first arrow strikes the first man up in the cheast, just above the stomach. Probably breaking his rib. He doesn't really seem to notice it tough, reaching out for you. The second arrow strikes him, sinking in much deeper.

As you turn your body towards the next man you can see that he is frightingly close, your arrow goes of, stiking him in side, the last arrow is launched too late however, as the man almost manages to dodge it. It touches the side of his head and rips his right ear in two. As the slender body of the elf moves to the side the gorilla continues forward, crashing into the wall. Your blade cuts his back and he grunts out his pain whilst collapsing on the floor.

As you continue to spin around you can feel something hitting you flat in the back, it feels like a sledgehammer, or worse. It burns like acid and fire and creeps into your soul.

-Foolish beast!

Árguns voice is filled with anger.

You collapse to your knees, arms and legs drained of all power. Your wings feel broken.

-How dare you, how dare you!

Indeed he seems very angry with you.

-Musha!

You feel a blow to your head, maybe a kick.

As you fall forward you can feel the weight of musha on your back, he seems to be trying to tie you up, tough your wings are in the way. You can feel the effect of the blows wearing of. Tough your arms are still weak, you might not be able to string your bow.

In front of you lies the second gorilla, dead as a rock. next to him the first gorilla is unsuccesfully trying to get up from the floor, every time he exhales a flush of blood stains the floor.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 13:17   #122
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
fluffie (the scepter, not spire, my crappy english is not improving ) as in "that stick that kings have when ruling etc."

The room is covered with symbols, carved into the walls. On the floor you can see three other coffins, similar to yours. They are all open.

The man is crying his eyes out but he doesn't seem to understand what you are asking.

-My lord, we are obviously betwean Nidland and Hynsolge. We walked for many days my lord

The man crawls even further into the wall, almost dissapearing, at least trying to.

-This is the dwarven city of D'hur Ham, or at least it was til a year ago. Now it has been taken over by those filthy animals, they are letting us pass because we buy their weapons, but they are filthy, filthy animals. We went down through their sewage systems, down to the underworld, and here we are. We were looking for the sceptre of deamons, it had to be here, but it wasn't. We opened up the other coffin there, but it only contained a corpse, and then we opened yours"

The man starts sobbing again
heh, alright
i take it this secptre ain't here?

//

My Lord... Sceptre of Deamons...

He repeated the words inside his head, while he looked around the room. So much information, so much that sounded important and also so much he didn't recognise. His task to stop someone, but how the hell was he going to do that if he remembered nothing at all? And was he a Lord, a King of ages past? How long had he been there anyway? Looking down on the man, he looked as if he wouldn't be giving him many answers right now, so he left the man to sob some more. He walked over to the wall, trying to see if he understood any of the symbols on it. Maybe he would recognise them, or learn something from it.

If not, well... Then he'd just have to get out of this tomb and find out on himself, ask more questions and basically... just get on by.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 13:25   #123
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion waited a few moments while Musha tried to get his left arm into a place where it could be tied up, then suddenly pulled his right arm free, swinging the blade so that it pointed upwards and then suddenly stabbing over his back. Almost immediatly Nibimacarion felt the usual squishy feeling you get when a solid metal object penetrates into a human being, followed immediatly by a scream of pain.

Nibimacarion immediatly took this oppertunity and rolled left, pulling his sword free and throwing Musha off before rolling right and in a single movement getting up, seeing Musha lying on the ground and turning to face the diciple, he'd pissed him off and he was gonna know it.

Nibimacarion quickly closed the distance between him and diciple, bringing his left hand forward and slamming the diciple into the wall in what he presumed to be a painfull manner. Nibimacarion would have lifted the man off the ground but his arms where still weak and even at full power he wouldn't have been able to keep the man up for long. Nibimacarion brought his blade to the diciple's neck and spoke in a slow threatening way, this time keeping his ears open to sounds from behind him so that he could hear if someone tried to sneak up to him.

"Normally, I'm a very nice and calm person. If you'd asked nicely, I'd have come back tomorrow to talk to you, possibly even stayed the night over, Tomorrow, tonight you see I'm expected back home for a small feast, not to mention selling this load of pepper. But no, you had to keep me here, you had to try and ruin my business. Just a short word of advice, next time you plan to take on an elf, bring some real bodyguards and not a pair of idiots like these 2."

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 15:13   #124
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg looks around briefly at the others as the general seems to babble incoherently, or at least so it seems to the champion. Why doesn't he go himself? And why does he speak of the city as if it has suddenly turned into a warzone over the past minute.

Shrugging, Älhjögg walks into the inn, donning shield and picking up his javelin in his free hand. Without further ado, he sets course for the palace, deciding that he can at least demand payment for this service.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:24   #125
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Sir Clyde walked calmly up to his horse, patting it reassuringly on the mane as he had done shortly after dismounting over an hour ago, and, having made sure that his equipment was still fastened securely to the saddle, he mounted up and moved the warhorse into a canter, heading out down the road on which he had just been walking, and paying the dogs no heed. Whilst still moving at a canter, he reached down and produced his wooden kite shield - re-painted plane grey after he had been separated from the rest of the Nobles' Army - and his heavy lance, before threading his forearm through the straps on the back of the shield and securing the lance in the crook of his right arm while he took hold of the reigns again. Now fully prepared to ride, Clyde hurried the horse to a gallop. Dallying in this village when the guards from before could still be about was only asking for trouble. Finally on his way again, though to no place in particular, Clyde turned his mind back to the events of the day, reflecting on the sadness he had felt at the departing wagon. Ferad had grown up fast. Clyde cast his mind back to his campaigns and the war, and tried to remember how long ago it was he had left Nordkust and his home. Too long, no doubt. His family, his cousins and brothers and sisters, were growing up without him there to see them do it. Clyde was the eldest son of his parents - Baron of Nordkust since his father's death, and so a low-ranking Noble by inheritance of birthright. He had many cousins, most of whom lived in Nordkust as well - or in the neighbouring feifs, more minor villages such as Nordkust. His home was a quiet place, apart from the occasional bandit incursion, and he longed to return to the people and to his family, but not yet. Certainly not untill he had reasoned out just what this demonic presence in his mind was, and just how to contain it so that he would not harm another being under its influence. The knight's lancepoint rattled across the surface of his helmet, and he realised that his steel-gloved hand was moving to where the scar tissue was again. Irritably, Clyde returned his arm to the reigns and the lance to its front-slanted riding position and tried to concentrate on his surroundings. The Revolutionary Army had the occasional patrol on the roads, even this far from the fighting, and it always paid to be vigilant. Soon enough, however, Sir Clyde's mind was wandering again as he cast about, trying to reason out where to travel next.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:00   #126
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hewitt As you make your way to the entrance, you feel it.

You are still wounded.

The broken ribs have healed, the burnt skin is restored and the trashed wing is functional once again, but something is indeed wrong inside of you.

Something dark, and everchanging like the moon. It has clouded your mind and obscured your memories, you can only remember the black flash, the ray. Behind it there is a hand, the hand that hurt you?

As you shake the feeling off you can focus on your senses, and what a world they bring you!

You have surely been asleep for at least a century, the first thing you see is a mining-colony. Not more than a mile away. You can smell the oxes they use for pulling the orecarts..you are indeed hungry!
*The feeling doesn't go away and halfway to the enterance of his cave there is a flash in his mind and suddenly flickers of unknown events race through his head at a blistering pace, the flash, the ray, the hand.

The hand......

Then as suddenly as the visions started they stopped and Hewitt was left blinking a centuries worth of sleep from his reptilian eyes wondering what had just occured. Waking nightmares?

But all of this is instantly forgotten as a wonderful, tantilising smell is carried in from the breeze outside. Hurrying out to the enterance and spots groups of manlings (assumably) working away at a rock face a little over a mile away. They use oxen drawn carts to haul the broken ore away.....

Oxen.

Big fat juicy oxen.

Hewitt's stomach rumbles loudly at the mere thought of chowing down on their tender raw flesh. He comes out of his hunger induced trance when he catches himself drooling.*

"Mmmmm.... there ain't nothin' like a decent breakfast to start the day.... Heh."

*Stretching himself for a few minutes to work out the tightness in his muscles from sleeping for so long, Hewitt looks towards the sky, gets down on his haunches and with one almight leap timed perfectly with a strong down stroke from his wings Hewitt is on his way towards the promise of a long needed good meal.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 15:09   #127
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Fluffie Indeed, the sobbing man doesn't seem to know anything of the past.

You look over to the wall and you can see that the carvings are readable, though you can't remember how to do it. It pains you, the effort is incredible to bring back memories through the darkness. Over the carvings there are pictures, pictures of people, tall and beautifull, as well as short, tubby ugly people who seem to be slaves. You see a person on a throne, surrounded by thousands of subjects. In his hand he is holding a scepter, a scepter that seems to move as you study it. The handle seems to be constructed out of two souls, chasing eachother up towards the top.

The throne does not stand alone though. Behind it there are three other, smaller thrones, all occupied by women. The women are all wearing crowns, as does the man. The crown of the man seems to be consisting of all of the crowns of the women, sitting ontop of eachother.

The next picture is of a city in turmoil, something is wrong with the sky, and something is wrong with the sea, you don't understand it until you see that the sky IS the sea, and the other way around. Suddenly it all comes back to you. The memories hits you like a sledgehammer to a mosquito.

You see the sky turning purple, raining fire on the people out in the street. You see your first wife, running towards you, you see how suddenly the sky is blue again, though it is moving like waves, and you hear the panic from the harbor as the sailors are finding themselves falling down, down into the sky. You summon the guards, huge men carrying bronzeswords. They are dispatched to deal with the dueling magicians, this has to end.

Then you hear it. It is silent. And you know that the time has come. Doomsday has reached your people...

You are back in the present.

You are alive.

You still have a duty to your people. You still have the duty to avenge their death.

You have to kill him.

You have to kill Vicotnik.

Nibimacarion Musha screams in agony and falls off you. You don't know were the blade struck him, but it felt like it slid of something, still you feel the warm blood spraying your skin. As you rush the diciple you can fell him unleashing his force against you, you feel the same blow as you felt before, tough much fainter and you rush straight through it, he does indeed look surprised.

As you pin him to the wall he seems both angry and a tad scared.

-Then what is your next move wingbeast? I have soldiers outside

He clances at the dying gorilla on the floor with a disgusted face

-Proper soldiers

He stares straight into your eyes.

-We are not here to kill you, tough that would probably be the best, we are here to recruit you. What is your next move?

Älhjögg General Vidar catches you eye. He seem concerned, and he nods a goodbye to you. Then he turns to his personal bodyguard

-Make the men ready, we will march for Fervidun, we have to gather all available forces.

Clyde As Sir Clyde of Nordkust makes his way down the road something stirs inside of him, something wants to get out. The scar is burning.

Reaching a small creek you decide to perhaps the answer is water, as you dismount to take a sip you feel a darkness taking over, you remember trembling for a second and then it is blank.

Hewitt As you gain speed and altitude you also get into a much better mood. All bad thoughts just run off you and you dive for the nearest animal. The people and the lucky animals who manage to break free are scattering all over the place but the one you aim for is stuck it screams out as you snatch it up, pulling the orecart several feet up in the air before the straps snaps and it falls down. The oxen screams even louder as your claws pierce it. It is power personified.

As you settle down on a small mountaintop nearby, feasting and enjoying the view you suddenly see another unexpected sight.

There is a city next to the mountains.

THAT wasn't there when you fell asleep!

It looks like it might contain a few thousand people, it is lying just next to the coast, with some nice ships sailing in and out of the harbor.

The oxen almost finished you are trying to decide were to go next. You can however smell soemthing, something. The faint aroma of a dragon, or maybe more than one. It is farther up north. You are intrigued, but also by the city. Or maybe something entirely different. However you must decide what to do.
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 15:47   #128
flapjack
crashed computer

"You might have soldiers, I have you. Now you say you're here to recruit me, last time I checked that required me to actaully agree with you, be on what you're recruiting me for or what you're offering me. Normally if someone pulled a stunt like this on me, I'd leave them quite dead. But I'm willing to make an exception for this time."

Nibimacarion looked over to his bow and quiver, grabbing it would require releasing the diciple or his sword, deciding that this would be to risky, Nibimacarion looked back to the diciple, his short sword now sitting on the diciple's neck.

"I'll make you a nice deal, I'm going to take you up the hill I'll be taking off from, I'll fly off and come back tomorrow. Since I can't take my gear now, you'll have it with you when I come back tomorrow. There's an old border post not far from here, more then close enough for you get there in a day's time, there's a gate there was well. Move through the gate and into the mountains, follow the path into it a short distance and you'll start heading up, I'll land at the first bend, just within sight of the border post. You'll be there with the rest of my stuff, alone, and we'll talk this recruitment thing over, if I like your offer I'll join you. If I don't you won't hear from me again, every."

Nibimacarion then waited for the diciple's response, seeing that this man was likely to keep to his word, more importantly, next time he'd be in the advantage, he could circle the area from high altitude, where they couldn't possibly hit him. If they'd try anything fishy, he'd simply leave again, it'd mean he'd lose his bow and a lot of money, but nothing was worth more then his life.

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 16:35   #129
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: Do I remember how to speak the common tongue?

*When Hewitt spots the city within his domain he just stares.*

Whoa. How long was I asleep for!?

*And it wasn't just some puny manling settlement or village like he was used to seeing in these parts but a city, a large well established one at that with ships and everything. The breeze coming in from the north brought something else interesting however, another of his brethren somewhere up north... but that could wait. This city was far more interesting and although it dented his pride a little the fact that the manlings could build something like this so quickly impressed him. Somewhat impressed that is. Not only that but Hewitt then began to picture thousands of manlings baering down on his cave... he was being to regret his rather rash behaviour at the mining camp. The oxen HAD been nice and juicy however...*

Well it's decided then.

*Finishing off his long awaited breakfast, Hewitt takes to the skies again and heads towards the city.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 16:48   #130
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Standing around, Bakan was shocked slightly at being offered the ring. It seems that the death of the salesman he killed was blamed on the enemy, and he was welcomed back, though it was so hard. He felt urgers to kill, to maim, to feed, and while he could resist them, he feared the day he lost control. Seeing everyone looking at him, Bakan reaches out with his good right hand and takes the ring.*

"I am honored, I shall do as you ask."
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 17:09   #131
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Bakan, mrmao, dunim, darkling, dragonsjem, madcat, zappa
I am now taking over mrmao:s char. He can have it back as soon as he posts.

General Vidar looks over at you.
-Then go. There is no time to loose. Älhjögg, I trust you to protect them all.

General Vidar sweeps of.

As you make your way over to the castle you are stopped by the guard, after displaying the signetring you are permitted into the throneroom were King Mefimor the IV sits, reading a pile of documents.

-I see you have Vidars ring, state your business!

flapjack

The diciple seems to be thinking it over. Then he relaxes.

-Ok then wingbeast, you have won. Now leave.

He opens the door for you and signals for the awaiting soldiers to let you pass.

-Remember our deal wingbeast.

hewitt When flying towards the city you see several small fields were food is grown, people are working them but there are no houses by them, the people probably live in the city. As you aproach you can see them running away, panicing. It doesn't ake long however before you see that the walls of the city are equpped with ballistaes. And they are aimed upwards, tough you can't see anyone manning them right now.

You see two major buildings in the city, one that clearly is a castle and one that might be a church or temple of some kind. The biggest open area is a large square.
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 17:38   #132
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt groans as he watches the manlings run in fear as he passes over head. So predictable.

I just hope none of the puny creatures tries something stupid like shooting at me.

It is at this point that he is soaring over the city walls and catches a few glimpses of the cities defences, ballistae. Nasty things ballistae... Hewitt was glad no one was manning them right now, he didn't really feel up to dodging flying objects at present.

Especially with one of those... things.

Having safely entered the air over the city Hewitt begins taking in the sights as he considers what to do next. It soon becomes quite obvious that he is gonna have to make his prescence known and introduce himself. Some dragons would've most likely set about an orgy of destruction by now for this intrusion on their land but luckly for the inhabitants below, Hewitt was of the more benevolent sort or at least he though he was... wasn't he?

There were two main possiblies where this contact could be made. The castle was out... although that's where he would have to go inevitably to talk to the manling leader. Dropping in uninvited in a place most likely crammed with very easily paniced manling soldiers armed to the teeth was not a very good idea.

The other option was what appeared to be a place where the manlings called out to their gods. With very few guards to over power him and a very high possiblity of some manlings having connections with those in the castle it became the obvious choice for Hewitt. By the time any soldiers arrived in force he should've been able to convince the high priest that he wasn't here to kill anyone... for now at least.

So with the decision made, Hewitt circled around towards the main city square and set about landing.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 17:56   #133
Darkling

Staying silent as they entered the throne room, neither speaking on the way to there either. Though current events concerned him, part of him did not really care much for such tasks as these preffering more adventures ones. Shifting his cloths a little to make himself a little more presentable whislt waiting for one of the others to speak, sighing a little to himself he never did enjoy these parts of stories as much as others though niether knowing if this was going to get anywhere anyway for all their efforts.

Last edited by Darkling; 11 Feb 2005 at 18:04.
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 18:12   #134
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion turned towards the exit, waiting for a moment to speak himself

"I'm a man of my word, but I have a distinct dislike of ambushes."

With that, Nibimacarion sped off through the opening in the line of soldiers, quickly making his way up the hill and then literally throwing himself off at max speed. As Nibimacarion made the first of his wings he felt that he was much, much lighter then normal, immediatly throwing him up by several meters as he headed back home. At the same time thinking of what he would tomorrow, probably head by the silver elf village in the mountains, it wasn't far off course and he might be able to pick up his pegasus now, it could be helpfull if he had to make a run for it, or if he didn't ofcourse, long distance flying simply wasn't something most silver elves liked to do and though he'd had plenty of practice, Nibimacarion still prefered a pegasus for long journeys.

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 19:19   #135
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg offers a slight nod before he gives a brief recollection of the events bringing them here.

Finishing, he steps back adding: "This general of yours seemed to think that the presens of a Nidlenning was cause enough to assume an oncoming invasion. not that it was important enough for him to personally inform you, Your Majesty."

He looks to the others present. Will they have anything to add?
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 00:03   #136
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

ooc/ Gah, could you give us a chance to respond/interact a little. I've had a tragedy in my family and didn't feel like thinking yesterday. Our characters wouldn't just march to the palace cause someone said to, more hang around the edges of the group and gather info that way/.occ

Vea yawns, these royal audiences were always so dull no matter what the topic. Her fingers playing with strands of her hair trying to keep from falling asleep. Yawning once more she realizes the speaker has finish, smiling a little hopefully they can get back outside into the nature and various people she can borrow from. As he looks at them she leans over and whispers in Volthar's ear.
"Can we add that we're bored out of our minds?." She giggles very quietly, only enough for Vollthar to hear.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 00:09   #137
Darkling

Smirking a little at Vea's comment, whsipering over to her in reply
"Hopfully wont be much longer, you can find somthing to do when we get out of here. Not that I see you having a hard time managing that one"
Making sure to keep his voice down so only she could her what he said, flexing his fingers a little a few times eyes wandering around the room a little taking in the decorations and grandure of the place for a few seconds.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 02:41   #138
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Hewitt The inhabitants are running for their life, and as you land, you notice only one person. A seemingly petrified priest who is standing right infron of you, just outside of the large building.

Throneroom King Mefimor sighs.

-Vidar has been going on about this several times already, Vicotnik does not present a threat, he has been staying behind that wall since before my birth, for all i know he is dead! Now some hothead has tried to scare you with smoke and you have all fallen for it. Now he has gone to summon the soldiers and everyone will be upset so I have to do SOMETHING, don't I?

King mefimor seems agitated, to say the least.

-Now now, what to do with you.

He ponders this for a second until an advisor steps forth and wispers into his ear What he says, seems to liven him up.

-I have come to my conclusion.

King Mefimor smiles.

-You are all hereby ordered to go to Kranden, my personal guide when hunting in the mountains. He knows them in and out. he will help you to enter Nidland, the forbidden land, and find out if we indeed are facing another war, wich we obviously aren't. As they have distinguished themselves on the field of battle I aboint Jacob and Älhjögg to groupleaders. You will be equipped with food and supplies for your journey, aswell as a ranger, to help you in your quest. Any questions?

ooc- In Hynsolge, following the civil war and all it's cruelties, the word of the king is the law. You can always refuse, tough that will mean you are breaking the law. You can always sneak of during your jorney.

flapjack The soldiers lets you by and you quickly gain altitude. As you fly away you can feel the danger and blodshed behind you, and you shudder. Every flap of your wings also brings your shirt down on your back, with the uncomfortable stain of blood. each time the blood touches you you shiver a bit.

You soon reach The village, hidden among the clouds.

You only see two elves, they are apparently tending to the horde of pegasuses who are playing, jumping from rock to rock.

They hail you as you aproach, you remember them from before, tough they are not your closest friends.

-What brings you Nibimacarion? We haven't seen you for a full year.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 11:06   #139
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Älhjögg seems like he is about to say something, but hesitates. He doesn't care what laws he breaks - who's going to stop him? - but this is really starting to get annoying. Then again; why not go out on another mission? One last, and then home to the Onaes.
After a moment, he sighs and nods. Looking to the others, he says: "And what about you?"
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 11:56   #140
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
when finding out the man was from Nidland, I had already made up my mind, and had decided to become a counterspy, so naturaly, I shall abide by our sire's rulings.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 12:21   #141
Darkling

Not really caring who hears him mutters in complaint
"Fie and fiddle sticks, I guess I have no choice but to come along. Though dont expect to be ordering me around I do what I must when I must"
Staying silent now as he grumbles idle whispering to Vea.
"Afraid we have no choice on this one, lets hope that it at least poses some excitment. With the one war coming to an end there are few people without a sad tale to tell of their own, if there is another about to begin then there will be a lot more. Meaning people will have even more need of tales and entertainment, so this could work out in the end"
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 12:34   #142
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Throneroom The king seems relieved.

-Then go in peace my children.

ooc-just waiting for the other peoples reactions, those who wish can go to the armoury and storehouse. You can get food and drink, and some lighter weaponry.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 14:40   #143
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt gives a disgruntled grunt as he watches the inhabitants flee.*

Pathetic.

*Shaking his draconic head, Hewitt turns to enter the large religious type building and stops when he spots one manling that had not fled in terror along with the rest. A priest from the look of him... and mostly likely the only reason he too has not run away is he is far too scared to do so. Hewitt singles him out and walks over to him. He speaks in a loud booming voice.*

"You. Priest. You will show me to where I can find the highest of your order. You will do this now."

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 14:50   #144
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Yawning once again Vea stetches as she listens to Volthar. Shaking her little head in annoyance and disbelief of what they had gotten themselves into, she sighs and whispers back.
"Seems we should have continued our little show a bit longer, we might have not gotten dragged here by these "adventurers".
Glancing around the throne room again, her fingers itching to collect a few of the finer objects but knowing it will do her no good to steal from the king. Just having to get away from the temptation she speaks softly again.
"How about we see about some supplies. I don't see them stopping us since we're on THEIR mission now."

Unread 12 Feb 2005, 15:02   #145
Darkling

Considering the suggestion slowly churning over it, decidng its best to let her have her fun.
"Cant see the harm, if we are to go of on this trek then we will need supplies after all, and as far as these adventures are conserned. Look at it this way its a chance to to get new stories and possible some borrowed items"
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 15:26   #146
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

He found himself in the past for a few moments, the images on the wall giving life to some of his memories. Sadly, his memories weren’t consoling, they only reminded him of how the destructive power of mages had caused the sea and sky to trade places... Attempts to stop them had seemed futile, the time had come, doomsday had reached his people.

Still caught in times long since passed, he reaches out and carefully touches the picture of the seemingly moving sceptre for a moment. It too seemed familiar, but he couldn’t place it. He turned around and looked at the sobbing man again and he wondered... how long had he been resting? What was the world like nowadays?

“Does the name... Vicotnik sound familiar?” he speaks, softly and with an inquiring tone.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 15:32   #147
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

hewitt The priest is trembling and sweating and can't seem to be able to make any noise whatsoever. He just nods.

He turns and walks down the hill to a small but luxurious house. He knocks the door. After a few seconds you can through the window see someone who seems to be gathering courage. Then the door opens up and what you recognice to be a bishop walks out out. He isn't trembling AS much as the priest.

-Yes?

Darkling, dragonsjem You saw the armoury when walking here, the storageroom for suplies has to be just nearby. OThervise you are free to go and wait somewere else.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 15:56   #148
Darkling

Decidng he had waitied long enough around the throne room, Volthar turns to walk away withut much in the way of words. His steps making their across the ornate floor lightly, nodding at the gaurds at the rooms entrance as he passes ignoring their odd glances at the sight of a brownie perched on his shoulder.

"Well its got to be around here somewhere, since there is the armoury so they normally are placed close togethor"
Looking around the hall trying to get some of his bearings, finding out instead that all the corridors inside a castle had a tendacy to look alike in both decorations and layout. Compared to the throne room they painted a drab image, the hanging iron brazirs casting dark shadows that danced to the flames rythem.

Finding himself admiring its natural movment for a breif second, before continuing on his search.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 17:01   #149
flapjack
crashed computer

Nibimacarion looked to the elder of the 2, he was a friend of the blacksmith's, the other was probably his apprentice.

"Trouble I'm afraid has brought me here, Nidland is preparing for war, my best bet sets them heading directly in Hynsolge, weakened as it is they'll overrun it without any problems. And as you might notice the lack of my bow, I ran into some people that would rather have kept me there a little while longer."

Nibimacarion waited for a few moments to let his words sink in, then continued.

"I'll be heading back to the border tomorrow and I came to borrow a pegasus. After all, I don't want to go meet some highranking person without having something to make an impression with, let alone a get-away."

ooc/ I was really planning to head to the elven village the next morning, before heading back into Nidland, but I guess this will have to do /ooc

Unread 12 Feb 2005, 17:49   #150
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt eyes the bishop up and down.*

Expensive coverings... slightly more steady... hmmm...

"You are the high one of your order? Good. You then have the ear of the one who rules this... 'city'."

*Hewitt cleared his throat.*

"I need you and some of your followers to lead me to him. I wish only to talk and mean no harm but I WILL defend myself if I come under attack. You manlings will prevent this, understood?"

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!