User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 4 Nov 2004, 18:01   #51
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stumbling Through Centuries

Making sure to interupt the russian steel worker quickly as he speaks
"No revealing the timeline, much as you may wish to know about your own future. I dont advise it, it may not be hat you want to hear. Also if we do somhow get you back to your own times, the knowledge gained could be sued to alter history for your own purpsoses"
Making sure to adress everyone this time raisng his vocie as he speaks.
"For future refrence and to asnwer some questions now, the reason you where assumed to be what you are is based on all the evidence that could be gathered. So if there are corrections to be done they are down to the the researchers that looked into each of your time periods to pick the best candidates that would offer a braod view upon the various countries."
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 19:33   #52
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Beth gazes around, still upset at the Alantian's rudeness. muttering slightly to herself "That is not how proper gentlemen behave. No sir, not a way for a gentleman to behave at all." Her mind drifting as she glances around their surroundings. Gazing down the corridor she suddenly sees a wavyness to her view. Closing her eyes a moment to refocus them she looks again. It wasn't her eyes., the...the building was loosing consistency.
Turning to call out of the men her cry is cut short as she feels herself engulfed by a odd feeling, a bright light and a tingling sensation on her skin. Watching in shock as the others become engulfed as well but loosing sight of them as the brightness blurred her eyesight.
The tingling stopped as she shakes herself a little to get rid of the sensation. Her eyes slowly regain focus as she looks around. The men are nearby standing just as they were . The wind brushes through her hair as she realizes she's outside. Their surroundings are ......are....she had no idea where they were. She gasps in horror as she realizes she doesn't know when they are either.......

Okay, whoever wants to, choose where we are and we'll go from there. (If anyone still wants to join it's not to late. Just pretend you were always there)

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 4 Nov 2004 at 20:06.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 20:19   #53
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

"Ah, Herr Drake sir. My name is Deterick Lans, chemist of renoun..."

Before he even gets the words out his legs begin to shake. Taking a step forward, he reaches out toward someone, anyone, before his eyes black out. Tumbling downward, or so it feels, his stomach suddenly rights itself after a handful of seconds and he stands staring at a field, full of what he knows from his study to be lands to the east. His knowledge is fairly sketchy on where in the east but still. A direction, always a start. Stepping forward, his feet squeltch into what seems to be a puddle, but apon closer inspection turn out to be a complex system of irrigation and drainage ditches. Dropping down he pushes his hand into the murky puddle and picks up a handful of the dirt at its base.

"Small grains, white in colour... long green stalks and a silty clay colour mud..."

Dropping the contents of his hand, he looks along the field to what seems to be a path, heading to, what he can tell from the smoke rising in a wispy chaotic pattern of turbulence, a village. He thinks he can even see people milling around not too far away.

"I think heading there may be the only useful thing we could do at the moment."

"In the name of science of course."

Ancient Japan, a rice field. [1274, just after an attempted mongul invasion, but sufficed to say: Samurai and rice fields. According to this site ]

Last edited by Heiro; 4 Nov 2004 at 20:33.
Heiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 00:16   #54
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

Zorro reaches his hand out to shake hands with the Russian and German as they introduce themselves but is surrounded by what appears to be everything and nothing all at once. As his vision returns, the room he was standing in is gone.

"A time shift."

Looking around, he watches Lans analyze the situation.

"Well, odds are we don't speak their language, or vice versa, but there ARE other ways to communicate."

Instinctively, Zorro reaches to check his gun before advancing.

"Blast! Weapons are gone."

He turns to the curator. "I trust my gun will be safe in your museum. You know I'll have to turn that back in when I get out of the service."

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 00:20   #55
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

occ- you will discover that the translaters still work and you can understand each other and the ppl around you although the inhabintant of the time you land in will have a bit more trouble understanding you.-ooc

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 16:47   #56
Heiro
'Mael'

Deterick starts walking toward the village, basking in the heat from the sun on the lovely, what seems to be, summers afternoon.

"Care to follow my friend? The state of affairs seems to be that of far before your time. And mine. The historical significance is immense..."

He begins mumbling, ambling away into the distance.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 17:07   #57
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

As the whole experinece washes over him, Athiru glancing around at the sourndings udner the basking sun.
"This could be bad"
Mumbing to himself as he silently debqtes what to do in this situation, he knew about diffrent time periods though this one espcaed his grasp of knowledge. Hearing a question sent his way.
"Yes your possesions will be perfectly fine when we return there, now none of you go and mess up the timeline if you can avoid it. Being here is enough to cause havoc, where ever here is"
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 17:15   #58
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Beth snaps back into reality and realizes shes ankle deep in mud. Giving a little exclamation she quickly jumps climbs out of the mud onto the path. Shaking her feet to get the mud off and sighing at her now mud fringed skirt.
"Goodness gracious, I don't think my clothes will eva' survive this."
Glancing up at the sky, the sun showing bright enough to ruin her fair skin she quickly puts up her parasol and starts out after the others toward the village muttering to any who hear.
"Well I hope they are civilized enough to have a place to get cleaned up."

Unread 8 Nov 2004, 19:26   #59
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

Shaking his head slightly, Shurik looked around at the fields surounding him. To change again, so suddenly! At least the sickness was less this time. Checking for his gun as he saw others doing, he could not help but feel that there was something familiar about this area... he dismissed the thought from his mind and stepped forward toward the village.
"Does it feel unnaturally hot here to anyone else?" Shurik idly wondered, wiping his brow.
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 19:43   #60
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

after going through a fully undescribable experience patrick notices that the place that he had been in a few moments ago was now a rice field he frowned, and looked around, seeing the village he bites his lower lip and rushes up to the people heading towards the village

if you had any sense you people would probably be running in the other direction, because judging by the remaining arcitechture this is either china or japan, and the people are to say the least, not particularly friendly to foreiners, now less than ever, as they have obviously just been attacked, so i will kindly suggest that you not go that way
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 22:47   #61
Jack Ryan
Dust Raider

Jack Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: DustGhost Jack Ryan
Sex:Male
Time period of Origin: 1700's
Country of Origin: From Spain by blood. Lived in the middle east his whole life. Now, back somewhere in Spain.
Weapon: Bow, proficient in Staff.
Anything else you wish you add:
Short Black hair. Shaven. Black Raven-like eyes. Made a living as a thief/merchant guard. Clothes include close-fitting stripes of cloth and leather sewn together in a matching fashion. Designed to protect during dust storms. Nicked named "Solnam bef Redluan" meaning in an ancient tongue. "Ghost of the Dustwind".

Before the jump:

His black eyes narrowed. His hand pulled back the tight string very methodically and held it at full. The arrow awaited it's release. A slight breeze dusted along the feathers and suddenly the arrow was loosed. It split through the cool night air and slashed into the back of a man riding on horseback. Unfortunately the armor didn't cover his back. Within seconds the man rolled off the back and landed with a thud on the cobble stone street. Jack, in a moment's breath faded into the night air. He moved around a corner and was confronted by the street militia.

"JACK RYAN! We have you, among others. You are sentanced to death for the murder of the Duke!

The ghost spun pulling another arrow from his side, the seven guards rushed him. Before the arrow could reach his bow Jack felt a huge pull and then his world faded to nothing.

He loosed the arrow into a room full of nightmares. Wierd people. Wierd things on the wall. He reached for the only reasoning he knew. Hearing the intoduction about the museum he thought to himself...

"If anyone touches me, I'll cut out the little snob's heart."

Last edited by Jack Ryan; 9 Nov 2004 at 23:06.
Jack Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 22:56   #62
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

go ahead and make a post Jack. Welcome to the forums.

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 23:07   #63
Jack Ryan
Dust Raider

OOC My post is on my char post... OOC
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 23:13   #64
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

okay, that works for the intro, but we have done the first time change. Right now we are in fuedal era Japan (see Heiro's post at the top of the page) Join in as if you've always been there.

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 23:23   #65
Jack Ryan
Dust Raider

Jack Ryan felt the same familiar feeling. His insides ripped away from him and suddenly he was consumed by shadows. Just as quickly as it had come, the sun stormed into his black eyes. He as in a field with several others. All who followed a wierd man that spoke funny and said something about science.

Tis a dark art, jack. Be wary He thought to himself as he followed the others. His footsteps were completely silent and ghost like.

"I've never seen a village like this before..."
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 23:26   #66
Darkling

Turning to the sound of the newcomer, not semeing suprised by his precense.
"Looks like another one escaped and got loose"
Mumbling it so that no one could hear in general feeling the heat beat down on from the sky, being glad his robes where made from modern atlantian materials keeping him cool enough for now.
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 23:29   #67
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

patrick looks at the newly appeared person, frowning

aye, and you'll stay out of it if you appreciate life
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 23:51   #68
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Beth glances annoyed at Patrick. "I've delt with the savage indians and the yankee murderers, I can deal with this." She glances down to her feet. "And I'm NOT going to let anyone stop me from getting this mud off my feet or keep me in this dreadful heat!."
Turning she storms off toward the village, twirling her parasol absentmindedly.

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 00:00   #69
Mad cat

patrick leans over and grabs the woman's shoulder, spinning her around forcibly, pointin at the relevant objects as he speaks

this isnt america, those are not yankees, and you, would not get a royal welcoming, unless you consider a quick stab, slash, or beating with an extremely sharp sword a royal welcome, now, i dont give a damn who you are, but you are being an idiot! look at the place!, see the smoke? that much smoke usually means that the place has been attacked recently, the people there will be angry and likely to try to kill anyone who looks foreign! do you understand?!
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 00:03   #70
Jack Ryan
Dust Raider

"Awe poor m'lady. Not the mud on the feet."

Jack laughed as he stepped through a puddle, his leather threads repelled the water and the mud with ease. A trick he learned from the Dustriders in wrapping your leathers. With his right hand he pulled a small stock from the hundreds that rose up from the ground and placed the green in his mouth to chew on.

Looking oddly toward madcatt in the process.

"Staying alive? Funny man. I've been trying to die for the last 20 years. Spanish calvary couldn't even get me..."
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 00:11   #71
Mad cat

patrick looks coldly at the speaker and speaks wryly but with obvious sicerity

i can help you acheive that if you wish
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 00:17   #72
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Beth retches her shoulder from Patrick's grasp. "How DARE you touch me!' She glares at him, resisting the urge to hit him with her parasol for now, reminding herself it is undignified to act so crudely.
Moving away from him she shakes her head and looks toward the village.
"I don't know what village you've seen but there is no more smoke there than in any Indian village with all their fires goin'."

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 00:24   #73
Mad cat

patrick stares for a moment before throwing his head back in laughter, he continues on for a moment before catching himself enough breath to ask

you think these people are mear savages? if these are the japanese as i believe then they, are by far the most sophisticated and skilled cultur of war
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 00:25   #74
Darkling

Hearing all the bickering going o around his patience drawing very thin.
"Enough bickering, some of you may not get along all taht well. You dont ehar me sounding all cheerfull about this situation but we have deal with whats ahead of us right now. Fighting or arguing amongsts each other only makes that harder. Really like a group of children yuor acting"

Last edited by Darkling; 10 Nov 2004 at 00:33.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 00:41   #75
Mad cat

patrick turns and faces the historian

i know what you mean, however, some of these people are either suicidal or simply stupid, and i am trying to show them sense
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 15:58   #76
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Hearing all the bickering going o around his patience drawing very thin.
"Enough bickering, some of you may not get along all taht well. You dont ehar me sounding all cheerfull about this situation but we have deal with whats ahead of us right now. Fighting or arguing amongsts each other only makes that harder. Really like a group of children yuor acting"
"Deal with your own fear little man."

Deterick rears his ugly head once again, before he wanders cleanly along the rough hewn path between the rice fields and the village. Within perhaps thirty heartbeats, he's spotted by the women, and not far short of 20 heart beats later, the sound of thundering hooves can be heard in the distance.

"This may not be in keeping with a warm friendly welcome..."

[ooc] sorry about that, 20 posts and we've not even moved :|]
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 16:29   #77
Darkling

Responding to the head stronged one.
"Over confidence cna be your undoing, I would of thought we atlantians are prime examples of that. Learn from the mistakes of others lest you repeat them yourselves. None of us can control what is happening right now, so if we can all use each others advanatages the odds increase."
Hearing the distance sound of an animal drawing close sighs to himself feelign rather exasperated trying to control organise matters here.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 19:25   #78
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Suddenly the horses are upon them, their riders pulling back on the reins as the crest a small hill.

Koh backs off warily as the riders draw long gleaming swords and begin shouting.

[ooc]That should get something started besides all this pointless infighting [/ooc]
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 04:12   #79
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc/ Any swords., knives, or axes are still on your persons.. It's only fair if i have my accessories./ooc

Belle's attention is drawn to the horse hooves, stopping her in her path,. Staring as not just the horsemen come into view but the Indian as well she lets out a blood curdling scream. Grasping out at her body for any weapon she can find in her distress, her hand falling only on her fan as she cringes for the horsements approach.

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 06:24   #80
Mad cat

patrick grinds his teeth for a bit, and takes a deep breath, he turns slowly to see the horsemen draw their swords

we are in japan... god save ireland.

patrick puts his left hand on the hilt of his sword, he draws the massive blade and as the horses come closer he pushes belle backwards rather harshly in hopes of knocking her over, as the first horse draws near to him he stands still, letting the horseman think he had an easy kill, it would not be so, in an act of well practiced timing patrick lifts the blade and yelling some curse in gaelic he smashes the blade into the horses teeth, causing it to rear and topple backwards and to the left trapping its owner under it, patrick quickly drives his well sharpened blade into the man's throat, twisting it and pulling it back out quickly to kill the man with utmost speed, he eyes the fallen sword for an instant before reaching for his gun, which, much to his horror is missing, he ducks, just dodging a swords whispering path through the air and hacks at the legs of the horse who's owner it came from, hoping that he was not alone
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:37   #81
Heiro
'Mael'

"My friends" He jestures with open arms toward the Japanese...
...who promptly try to ride him down.
"Well, that's just not proper"

Knowing full well that a katana requires a heavy swing set behind it, having been privy to a demonstration at the third annual university of rome swordsmanship guilds. Compromising, he ducks to the left, throwing his weight to force him to duck under the flailing hooves and shining blade. Pausing, he sees his bag laying heavily down in the dirt, as well as feeling some of his more odd things about his person. Grasping into both his pockets, he rumages and removes, in quite a hurry, a small silver strip and a match. Striking the match on his cheek, he wimpers as it draws blood, before trying again on his rough hewn soles. The flame flares to life, and Deterick lights the small metalic strip with one smooth movement, ducking beneath the horse as it trys to trample him again. Coming back to his feet this time, he waves the metalic strip, which suddenly flares with a brilliant white light, in the horses face, forcing it to throw the rider. Stepping over the fallen mount, Deterick picks up the sharp Katana, and looks down at the fallen warrior. A mere child...
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 22:03   #82
Jack Ryan
Dust Raider

ooc/// do i still have my Bow ?? My guy is kind of an archer man... ooc//

Jack Ryan watched as the horsemen rode toward him and the rest of the party. His nightmarish black eyes narrowed slighty as he pulled the bow from his back. At once he was the Ghost. His hand flashed and he suddenly held a arrow a full strength against a rushing horsemen. He looked closely and realizing the warrior was only a young man. He aimed lower and released the arrow into the horses neck. Purposefully stopping the horse in it''s tracks. Jack dodged several other horsemen and bent his bow against another horsemen's steed, which fell immediately.

"Take out the horses. Don't kill the boys!!!!!" His voice shouted above everything else.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:26   #83
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Staring at the confusion surrounding him, Shurik suddenly snapped out of it as a horse thundered past him, a sword held too high to deal any real damage. He knew this was far in the past, but the Japons hadn't stooped so low as to use children in 1904- something must be wrong. If the man with the big sword was right, and there had been an attack... oh, tragedy. That these people should be so terrified as to send children to defend their homes...
His piteous thoughts cut short by another charging horse, Shurik desperately tried to veer to the side and shout something vaguely peaceable, hands up to show his lack of weapons. The armoured child pulled the stamping, snorting horse to a stop with mild difficulty, and raised his sword to his face. "Oh dear. This could get messy..."
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 13:23   #84
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcharnate
Staring at the confusion surrounding him, Shurik suddenly snapped out of it as a horse thundered past him, a sword held too high to deal any real damage. He knew this was far in the past, but the Japons hadn't stooped so low as to use children in 1904- something must be wrong. If the man with the big sword was right, and there had been an attack... oh, tragedy. That these people should be so terrified as to send children to defend their homes...
His piteous thoughts cut short by another charging horse, Shurik desperately tried to veer to the side and shout something vaguely peaceable, hands up to show his lack of weapons. The armoured child pulled the stamping, snorting horse to a stop with mild difficulty, and raised his sword to his face. "Oh dear. This could get messy..."
Deterick grabs the youngster, looking no older than 15 to his feet. Unhelmed now, his face shows no signs of fear but also no signs of a warrior, no cold steel vision or forced resistance. He pitied the lad, in some respects. turning on his heel, he dragged the boy in one hand, and tested the weight of the blade in his other hand, before looking at the horseman cornering the member of his party he vaguely remembers being russian. Looking down at the boy, he Gestures with the sword, then gestures at the young horsewarrior.
"Call him off, young one. I know you don't understand"
Forcably turning his head, he shows the lad the other companion, a warrior with a large sword stuck in the ground in front of him, his bow risen to shoot. Gesturing again with his sword, he watches the lads eyes widen. Frantic words stream from his mouth, followed by silence. The horsewarrior remains where he is, immovable.

"Don't shoot. Hopefully they won't try to repeat that reckless charge again. I also wonder where all the real warriors are..."
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 21:42   #85
Mad cat

having ignored the bowman's shout patrick picks up and flings one of the dropped swords at a retreating horseman's back, it slides into his lower right shoulder and as he stiffened, arching his back slightly and falling from the horse patrick turns and sees the frozen and frightened horseman, he comes up quickly behind the boy and places the edge of his sword to the boy's neck, he waits for a moment giving the boy enough time to notice and comprehend before moving to the side, letting himself come into the boy's view, when in front he indicates that the boy should come down

come down lad, i dont deem it a terribly good day for you to die
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 05:42   #86
Jack Ryan
Dust Raider

Jack Ryan's eyes were locked on the riders. Heeding Deterick's command, he came under his authority. This man was smart and worthy enough to lead. The arrow remained nocked in his bow and targetted on the men. His eyes smoldered with ferocity. One word and he could commit himself to slaughtering them. He had delt with enough horsemen.

Suddenly he saw a man whom they called patrick pull out a sword. He then made eye contact with Deterick.

"I have your back. What must be done?"

"That man will cause us trouble," he whispered to himself.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 08:26   #87
Mad cat

ooc- umm i had it out before you had yours out, no offence intended but please read more carefully, because i can see little connection between your post and mine, i also dont believe ive introduced myself to anyone. oh and heiro, im going to make a small assumtion about the time of day and say its about mid morning ok? -ooc

patrick nods and smiles kindly as the boy finally descides to come down off the horse, he hears the german's comment and makes a curt reply

probably off fighting somewhere else or dead in their sleep, its quite possible that the attack was made just before dawn, leaving any sentries little time to react or warn the populace

Last edited by Mad cat; 13 Nov 2004 at 08:41.
Mad cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 22:28   #88
Jack Ryan
Dust Raider

ooc// picks up and flings one of the dropped swords at a retreating horseman's back, it slides into his lower right shoulder and as he stiffened,"

Calm down lad I was talking about you picking up the sword and throwing it...
...I'll read more carefully if you write more carefully.
Is it that hard to write with some grammar?

ooc///
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 22:39   #89
Mad cat

ooc- ok, i was just trying to clear up my own confusion, but the the way you had written your post suggested that i had pulled my own out, and yes, when i am as tired as i was, it is hard to use something resembling proper gramar -ooc
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 13:17   #90
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Looking over at the german, Shurik nodded his thanks, being careful not to move too suddenly.
"Whatever allows us to understand one another obviously doesn't apply to these people as well... this could be difficult." Bowing slightly to the child in front of him, as he remembered the Japons were supposed to do, he stepped out of the muddy irrigation channel he had backed into and on to the road. As his feet regained firm ground, however, his vision began to swim slightly at the edges.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 15:32   #91
Heiro
'Mael'

"No, this could indeed prove a problem, they don't comprehend what we say."

Deterick looks around at the lone atlantian in the group, and sighs.

"Any idea what we can do about this, your technology got us here in the first place..."

Looking down at the young boy, and sighing once again.

"I know you don't understand. But get up."
Helping the young man to his feet, he tries not to panic the already fallen horse any more, as that rights itself also. Reversing the katana in his hand, he gives it back to the young boy. Raising his hands, he tries to affirm the gesture of peace. Hoping to hell it works, he rolls back on his heels, and throws a knowing glance at the bow-wielding irishman.
God I hope he understands...
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:01   #92
Jack Ryan
Dust Raider

Jack Ryan watched as the scientist give the Katana back to the boy. He nodded at the gesture. offering peace... wise choice.. it's not like we could take the city by force... Jack laughed as he thought to himself. Lunacy.

Still holding the armed bow, he waited to see the reaction of the young boy. He didn't want to kill him... he hoped to God that he wouldn't attack the scientist.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 23:10   #93
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
occ- you will discover that the translaters still work and you can understand each other and the ppl around you although the inhabintant of the time you land in will have a bit more trouble understanding you.-ooc
^^^ Did no one read this or did noone understand It meant the ppl CAN understand you, There might just be some mistranslated words.. *sighs* Just make it that Asian Languages like Japanese and Chinese are extra difficult to translate into.

Beth watches in horror and awe at the situation standing as far from the battle as she can without gettting lost. Uttering a few prayers for help as she crouches down, her legs shaking in fright. Muffling her screams sure they would upset the natives of this land, especially during an attack.
Listening to the others trying to make peace she holds her breath in anticipation of good news or else a way out of there.

Unread 15 Nov 2004, 03:52   #94
Mad cat

ooc- uhh, heiro, there is no bow wielding irishman, there is however a bow wielding spaniard -ooc

patrick presently removed his sword from the boy's neck and bowed

you have fought well, now go home and tell your family that you have won a great victory

he turns from the boy and looks at the obviously shaken american woman

now do you believe me?
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 10:33   #95
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
^^^ Did no one read this or did noone understand It meant the ppl CAN understand you, There might just be some mistranslated words.. *sighs* Just make it that Asian Languages like Japanese and Chinese are extra difficult to translate into
[ooc] The last line of your post says: They might have trouble understanding you... Which usually means to us simpletons: They can't understand you...

But nevermind, eh.
Edit: thanks Mad Cat, I'll bear that in mind. The two are obviously easily mixed up [/ooc]

When the young child voices his first words in what seem to be german, Deterick jumps fairly high, but not high enough to shock him senseless. Looking at the atlantian, he draws swift conclusions about this place. And mainly that we can understand the locals. Time-dilation probably slowing down the translator matrix, or us just not giving the we-buggers a chance to speak

"Don't... Hurt us. We're earning our passage into manhood, with our fathers away to war."
"Well that explains alot" deterick says out loud, breathing a sigh of relief. Turning around, he wanders to the horse he felled, and tries to calm it with soothing words, mumbles, naturally.
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 18:38   #96
Mad cat

ooc- no problem, i know what you mean though, he did pick an odd name for a spaniard *shrug*-ooc
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 18:46   #97
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Feeling the sickening lurch of another shift, Shurik barely had time to shake his head again before a deafening explosion forced in to the stark, high ceilinged room. Its walls shuddered and dust fell from the plaster of the walls and roof to greet a wave of it floating in from the open doorway to his left.
"What was that?!?" he exclaimed as cries rose from the street outside.
[Welcome to the city of Al Başrah (or Basra), an important Iraqi port, on the 23rd of February, 1991. The city is being bombed by Coalition forces before a land attack. If the first Gulf War bites too close to home for anyone, just say now, ignore this one, and post something else]
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 09:16   #98
Mad cat

after going through another undescribable yet distinct time slip patrick finds himself in a crumbling building, he coughs from the massive amounts of dust floating in the air and clamps a spare peice of cloth over his mouth and nose

Boody Hell! where on earth are we this time?!

patrick quickly pokes his head out the door and twice as quickly returns it as something goes screaming overhead
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 14:03   #99
Darkling

Coughing as the dust lands alla round him, taking a look at the sourndings dusitng of his robes.
"I dont know where we are right now, though from the sounds anyone could work it somthing is happening."
Taking a look outside though spotting unusual aircraft in the air adn the destrction they hail down on the buildings.
"Though they look ancient and crude, they are definatly flying craft of some kind, and dropping basic but crudly effective bombs at that."
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 00:14   #100
Heiro
'Mael'

"So that's what my discoveries were used for!"

Moments later, Deterick actually considers his words

"What a terrible idea. Perhaps I should change profession"