Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 12 Oct 2004, 17:22   #51
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road
Re: Age of Magic

Kama

One of the villagers runs past you to one of his friends. "Aye, don't be headin over to the pub, 2 plagued monsters be havin a drink. Methinks one of their last."

His friend nods. "Well then we best be gettin back home. I think the time has come for my family and I to move somewhere else where they not be having these plagues..........anywhere be better than here."

Mad Cat, Mrmao, Zappa

The time mage scoffs. "Pshaw. Highness. Listen. In theory, even if there was a Mordan, why would he come here and cast a curse on the land? Rather pointless if you ask me. And so is this idea you are all concocting about hunting him down. Assuming he had enough power left to cast such a spell, why should we think anyone would be strong enough to stop him, especially when you take into account the fact that our powers drain daily. I would venture as far as to say that we will have no magical capabilities at ALL within the next couple days. Complete and utter foolishness if you ask me."

D&D

"Deep ideas I see. You must have spent some time with the philosophers or the sages. I for one, especially in the last couple days, have come to be quite acceptin. After all, if a man's to die, there be no point in wasting time with prejudices eh? Whether these cursins be of our own doing, I don't know, although I've always myself said that it was foolishness to weild so much power so indifferently. Now then, ye must be excusin me, for I think I feel the next stage of the plague comin on, and I think I'd rather go be alone to pass on, rather than expose me family to it or have them watch me suffer my last couple days."

He get's up, and gives you a nod as he collects his things. As he reaches the door he turns around again. "Live every day as though it's your last, for you never know which one will be."

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 17:48   #52
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
which is why, you blistering idiot, I said we have to find out what spell he cast, quickly, and reverse it!

your majesty, what is this baboon doing in your court? Such a level of stupidity and childish pigheadedness holds no place among mages, let alone the royal sages... who selected him as your timemage? He is as skilled as a frog, and has the intelligence to match!

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 18:43   #53
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Giving the man a silent nod as he departs, letting him leave to live out however long he ahs left alone. Muttering silently to himself.
"No philosopher, or sage, just a poor priest who would try to change the very nature of the wild"
Suppressing a chuckle to himself Arawn reach across to his companion, hs hand landing a hand across her shoulder.
"You have been rather silent over there about all this, thinking or just not sure what to think to begin with?"
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 19:48   #54
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

Sejuuk bows when the queen aknowlages his presence and gives a wry smile when she mentions fate, he slowly approaches the group so as to hear better nodding when he hears the dwarf's suggestions, when the time mage makes such an obvious display of scorn Sejuuk frowns and turns on him with a cold voice

yet, if there was and is this Mordan fellow, he would as last time be hell bent on the conquest of the world, and we would need all the help we could get, and if that means the stones of magic, then so be it!
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 19:51   #55
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

*Kama smirks to himself and heads for the pub to find these monsters. Stopping at the enterance, he puts his right palm forward and focuses for a second, trying to reach a short distance into the future and see would he is about to see when he goes in there, without actually going... in there, so he at leasts knows a little of what to expect..

//Action:=Enter Pub;
go go go.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 03:58   #56
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Serene glances up from her dish with Arawn's touch, her claws stopping their continuous absentminded scratching on the side of the bowl. Raising her head to look at him fully, her hood slipping back, having hidden herself from the bar of strangers, to reveal her face, Returning her thoughts to the present situation she sighs, a sort of soft mewing as she raises her hand to touch just beside Arawn's eyes.
"Paladins or no, we do have to find some way to beat this plague."

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:32   #57
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Darkling and Dragonsjem, currently possessed by the spirit of the DM

Suddenly you feel oddly, as though something is taking control of you!

Kama

As you enter the bar, you spot 2 individuals sitting in a shady corner, conversing with each other. You can not make out their features too well, but you can tell they are definitely not human.

Mad Cat, Zappa, Mrmao

The time mage indignantly begins to make his retorts, but another mage speaks up.

"Your highness, the portal is opening."

To the open room to the right of the queen, you can all see an odd structure. It is made of stone, and consists mainly of a platform, steps to the platform, and what looks like a door to nothing. The door is more of a half oval shaped stone with an empty center. Suddenly, the odd markings on the exterior of the oval light up, and the center begins to swirl with color. You see a very young human mage in the color, standing in what appears to be another royal chamber. He walks through the swirling mass and emerges in the royal teleportation room. Walking into the main hall, the queen quickly recognizes him.

"Matrix! What are you doing here?"

She looks back at you all. "Matrix is without a doubt the smartest individual I have ever met, despite his young age. He invented a mathmatical equation, which we named after him. He is the apprentice of the sorceress Solena. We tried to get him to be one of our mages, but he prefers the path of one not bound to a country. He has helped us quite a bit. Matrix, what brings you here?"

Matrix opens his mouth, then closes it, and eyes the room suspiciously. "Magic........very strong here......what kind is..........ah an illusion spell........."

The time mage shifts uncomfortably. Matrix's staff is set with a stone, glowing and swirling with color, which he lifts above his head, and then waves his free hand. The time mage's hand glows yellow, and gradually dims until the mark of the Desert Prison of Kalidor can be seen on his right hand.

Everyone else

If you are still playing, make some posts soon(see your last DM) or you will default to an NPC and die an untimely and ignominous death. Should you be unable to post for some time, just let me know and we'll work something out.

--Mark Twain
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 09:44   #58
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Ander turns to look at this mage, but turns in time to see the mark of the Kalidor desert prison. In a single fluid move Ander has pulled his greatswoard from it's scabbard on his back, and moves between this Matrix and the queen. When he gets there he statrs concentrating on the spell to increase his aglitlity.

"Your majesty I do not beleive this is Matrix."
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 12:30   #59
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

NAME: Qurk Kinschien
RACE: Dark Degiacís Dragon (not fire-breathing)
CLASS: Territorial Protector (Shadow & Wind)
SKILLS: Flying, Stealth, Strong Body, Magic
SPELLS: Invisibility, Wind Currents, Fear.
NATIONALITY: Galushan
HISTORY: One of the last of his species, after poachers and hunters wiped most of the Dark Degiacís out. Because any one dragon dominates a large amount of territory alone, they are very spaced out and with the endangerment of them, one dragon finding another is very rare, which threatens the next generation's existence.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 13:40   #60
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
errrr.... I think the signs were seen on the timemage's hands, not on Matrix...

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:05   #61
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Mrmao, Zappa, Madcat

DMs note: to clarify the last DM, the mark was on the time mage's hand, not Matrix's. Whether that means Matrix is deceiving you or clearing up a spell is for you to decide.

David

You can be a dragon as long as you aren't the size of say, the Empire State Building. If you want, you can have originally been that size, but strange things have begun to happen and now you are about the size of a tall human. Or you can just be naturally smaller. Other than that, you're approved, feel free to make an entrance into the Queen's chamber with everyone else, just make it plausible.

--Mark Twain
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 21:17   #62
David91

ooc: My dragon is about the height of a small giraffe, but he has to lean forward to use all four legs for moving about, so he is usually a foot taller than the average doorway.

ic:

*Qurk Kinschien, though usually one who kept to himself, could not help noticing the confusion in the city below as he swooped over it. Normally it was so... peaceful. He circled above the Queen's palace, carefully judging his position as to where the magical forcefield should be, that he enjoyed lying down on when tired. Now was one of those times, but he could not find the shield anywhere. He lost concentration and fell suddenly. He casted a dark shadow on the ground to warn those below, then created a strong updraft of wind to regain flying control. What was going on here? He swooped down to the largest convenient window for a closer look. He can see a large number of people through it, and some kind of glowing portal thingy.*

ooc: I posted that in the past tense for the sake of catching up. I will post in present tense from now on.

Last edited by David91; 16 Oct 2004 at 21:48.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 14:02   #63
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

[ooc]Hmm... Ok, on second reading I'm not entirely sure how to continue... So...[/ooc]

Having politely conversed with Matrix explaining that he is sorry that he does not recognise him, and that he is here because of the call for mages and is not a royal ambassador.

Matrix then seems to activate some form of teleportation circle and slowly walks through. Pausing momentarily to examine the lines of arcane markings adorning the stone ring, Gokan hurries through after him.

Last edited by Spritely Zombie; 19 Oct 2004 at 13:17.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 22:46   #64
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zombie et al (meaning whoever else is there, and playing)

Before you know it the door is opened and Matrix is summoned inside to see the Queen. "I trust we shall see each other again. Fare well."

The door is closed as he enters and a few moments later, the door is opened for you. "Her majesty will see you now."

As you enter the Queen's chamber, she watches as someone dissapears through the royal teleportation chamber.

"I see you met Matrix. He's very young, but one of the most intelligent individuals I have ever met. Must have something to do with being descended from the original sages. In Galusha, they named a math formula or something after him. He's the apprentice of the sorceress Solena, the most powerful sage in Islandia. "

Her tone quickly becomes more serious. "Sir. We have need of those who possess magic. As you can see our way of life is being threatened by these tempests. I regret to inform you that we currently have no way to financially compensate you should you take on this assignment. If you were to accept, your task will no doubt be perilous. If you have any conditions on which you would do this for us, please tell me now, so that we may reach an agreement."

David

Waiting for others in your room to do something...........

--Mark Twain
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 23:16   #65
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Kama collects something from the bar and sits down in the opposite corner, facing the shady couple corner, while pretending not to watch them as he keeps one eye on them from behind his mug.

No need to be hasty now... he planned to keep time on his side, as long as he still had strength and breath in him.
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 23:53   #66
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Looking down the length of the table, picking up the sounds of footsteps enter into the bar. Taking his time to consider the situation, Arawn puts down the bowl from earlier quitly speaking to his companion.
"It appears as though we have a loud footed bystander of the unusual kind, one who walks as though he niehter has any more cares or seeks somthing."
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 07:47   #67
David91

*Qurk Kinschien hovers outside the window of the hall full of people, drifting over to the window of the Queen's chamber and back again. He fails to get a good view of what happening, nor can he hear anything loud enough to interpret it.*
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 19:41   #68
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

Sejuuk looks at matrix for a bit, feeling pleased to meet the apprentice of Solena, he listens to matrix's muttering, and raises an eyebrow as matrix begins weaving his magic, his face betrays a hint of a smile at the time mage's discomfort, having acquired a strong dislike of the man, as the mark becomes fully visible Sejuuk speaks in a quiet, menacing voice, with only his eyes portraying any kind of feeling

you had best explain yourself
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 19:56   #69
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

DM Poll: Although I can usually post DMs on a daily or semi-daily basis, would it be more convenient to make the posts a weekly event, or would you prefer it continue as is? Post your preference in your next post.

Kama, Darkling, Dragonsjem

waiting for interaction

Mad Cat, mrmao, Zappa

A dragon swoops to watch the spectacle from the window. Normally someone would acknowledge him quickly, but the revealing of the desert prisons mark on the time sages hand has stirred things up a bit. The other sages advance toward the time sage.

"Traitor! As Sejuuk said, explain yourself immediately!"

The time mage backs up. "Idiots! Do you not see? He has tricked you! He is the enemy here, not me! He's trying to frame me! Your highness, I demand you banish this traitor from our presence!"

Matrix lowers his staff. "It would be in your best interest for you to surrender now, Mordan."

David

You see everything that is going on in the room (previous post), plus you remember the ancient war in which a wizard named Mordan attempted to conquer the world. You remember he was locked away in the desert prison, but not executed because a way to break his self cast immortality spell. It was so long ago most people now a days thought of it more as a fable than history.

Note: what you remember should get you up to speed with the rest of the RPers

--Mark Twain
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 21:20   #70
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

how did you know, Matrix?

Unread 21 Oct 2004, 10:32   #71
David91

*Qurk Kinschien casts a large shadow into the hall to gain people's attention.*
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 02:58   #72
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling
Looking down the length of the table, picking up the sounds of footsteps enter into the bar. Taking his time to consider the situation, Arawn puts down the bowl from earlier quitly speaking to his companion.
"It appears as though we have a loud footed bystander of the unusual kind, one who walks as though he niehter has any more cares or seeks somthing."

Glancing toward the newcomer, Serene nods a little, and reaches up to pull her hood back up, a little self concious and wary at the same time. Her voice low, sounding deep from her chest,.
"Only a fool would enter a contaminated place. A fool or another priest to interfere in our lives "
She sneers a little at the thought before glancing toward the stranger again, her shifting gaze unnoticable.
"Unless..perhaps he is tormented by the plague himself as with the other..

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 02:33   #73
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

THREAD REVISIONS

Despite what you all may think, I have actually worked everyones characters into the storyline of the thread. However when people become inactive/active randomly, it makes it harder to keep the story going for 2 reasons.

1)I have to rewrite the story, however minor the changes may be
2)Anyone waiting for another RPer to respond is held up.

For this reason the DMing method will change a little. Every Sunday will be the week's "Main DM". This will take care of the storyline that affects everyone. Less significant DMs, which are relative only to individuals or small groups, may still be made during the week, as long as everyone who the post will affect has responded. For example, if RPers Vader and Chewbacca are off on a side quest and have both responded to the "Main" DM, they will be given another DM to let their story move along. On the off chance everyone responds to the Main post early in the week, another Main DM may be given early. So that I can tell who is no longer playing, if you do not post for 7 days (between 2 Main DMs) you will contract the instant death disease. It's symptoms include feeling fine, then dropping dead. Basically, you'll be dropped from the thread. Should you later desire to rejoin, acceptance will depend on whats going on in the story at the time. If you will not be able to post for a week, simply let me know and the angel of death can easily pass you by.

If anyone has any serious disagreements with this or has any other suggestions, feel free to say so. This week will continue as it has, with DMing for those who have posted tomorrow.

--Mark Twain
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 04:33   #74
Mad cat

Sejuuk looks at the time mage with mocking eyes

i may be skilled with magic, but my skill does not extend into the area of illusion

as matrix lowers his staff, Sejuuk looks up and sees the dragon, though not wanting to distract anyone and give mordan a chance to escape he says nothing, though it was interesting that a dragon had managed to approach unnoticed, as he looked at the dragon sejuuk prepaired a rather powerful flame spell in case mordan tried anything
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 07:31   #75
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*kept on waiting for an answer*

Unread 29 Oct 2004, 08:53   #76
Darkling

ooc - Seems fine to me at present we are wating to see how kama is going to respond to our characters before we can fully continue.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 10:34   #77
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

"It has been my experience that such quests are most rewarding of themselves. Therefore my most notable request is that any artifacts. including texts and various other assorted items, not needed by the crown to combat this plague are to be left in my possession.

I will also need to be able to ask for as much help from as many people as possible as is necessary, so perhaps some form of writ, or temporary promotion would be advisable?"
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 19:58   #78
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Darkling, Dragonsjem, Kama

Waiting on Kama

Madcat, Zappa, David

Matrix smiles. "Mordan was the pride of the desert prison, though he was kept as far away from the other inmates as possible. I however, had the opportunity or misfortune (however you choose to look at it) of meeting with Mordan on numerous occasions in order to finally dispell his immortality spell and prevent him from casting anything similar in the future."

The time mage gasps. "WHAT?? I've never seen this man before in my life! Your highness please!"

The Queen looks at the other sages, who nod to her. The Queen jumps to her feet. "GUARDS!!"

As the guards rush in, the time mage runs toward the window, but his path is blocked by a dragon. "Fools! All of you! Mark my words, this man is not who he claims to be!"

The guards rush toward him, but as the mage extends his hand they are slowed almost to a stand still. The time mage turns from the window and runs toward the royal teleportation chamber to the Queen's right.

Zombie

The Queen shakes her head. "I admire your nobility young sage, but there is a reason we were seeking those who still possess adequate amounts of magic. Where we need you to go is very dangerous, and we honestly believe it will be easier for you to............"

Suddenly the Queens sages burst into the room, making quite a ruckus. Gwendolyn stands up. "Sages, this is hardly the time to......"

Before she can finish she is cut off again. "Highness, we are deeply sorry, but we need to show you the future immediately with our last ounces of power."

The Queen sits back down and nods. The time sage and soul sage stand in the center as a circle is formed and the shared vision spell takes place.

You watch as the sun quickly sets and rises outside. Without moving your feet, you move out of the window and above the castle. As the sun begins to set, you watch as the townsfolk below go from hyper-speed to normal. Then in the distance, from the East, you see a large blue wall. It soon becomes apparent that it is a giant wave, well over 200 feet tall. You watch the wave's catostrophic destruction, and watch in disbelief as another wave, easily twice the size of the first, hits the devastated island again. You watch as the sun sets, and rises again. A beautiful young woman, perhaps 25 years old, hovers over where the castle should be, but there is only water as far as you can see. You hear the woman weeping.

"If only I had been here, I could have stopped it.............If only I had been here............."

The waves beneath your feet give way to marble floor, and you soon find yourself back in the throne room. The Queen thinks for a moment then turns back to you.

"Gokan, you have seen the fate of our island. Tomorrow we will be no more. The woman you saw was Solena, the most powerful sorceress in the world. However we have not seen her in sometime. Matrix, her apprentice, was just here, but he gave word he has not seen her either. I implore you. Please go to the triangle isles and find Solena. You may be distrubed at what you find there, but if she is anywhere, it is there. Most likely in the vicinity of her tower. We will try to teleport you there, but there is no time to waste. I am sorry we could not give you more preparation time. If you have further questions, please ask the mages at the teleportation gate."

She motions to her left, where a room is open, with a small glimmer of light radiating from it.

--Mark Twain
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 23:26   #79
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Surveying the room, Kama comes to a decision and rises from his slouched position by the table. He moves to the counter, exchanges a few words with the Inn/Barkeep, hands over something and slowly departs from the shadowy extablishment muttering something to himself..

(Fear my interaction!)
Unread 30 Oct 2004, 02:37   #80
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Serene watches silently, unmoving as their watcher leaves. Her eyes meeting Arawn's and giving him a half hearted smile. Moving slowly to her feet, she sighs and gazes around the room. Her curiosity intrigued by the stranger and yet quite glad he was gone. They had been on their own for so long, doing whatever they needed to to survive she didn't like others intruding on their affairs...but there was something about him, maybe, just maybe he could help them somehow. Shaking off the thought she reaches her hand towards Arawn, gently touching the top of his hand.

"I don't know how we're going to survive this....we may not.....but maybe we should be making a move before we attract any more attention."

Reaching up to pull her hood up higher , the shadow enveloping her face.

Unread 30 Oct 2004, 09:28   #81
Mad cat

ooc- i think that it is not wise to attempt to make sensible etc posts at 2:30 in the morning, but i shall try. ill probably edit it later -ooc

as time begins slowing down around him and mordan begins running towards the teleporter Sejuuk unleashes his spell on the internals of the teleporter, causing many of the delicate peices to vaporize and several of the not so much ones to burst, much like a wet stone thrown in a furnace, flinging shards of stuff flying in various directions and most likely breaking the teleporter. Sejuuk then lets off the little bit left of the spell on mordans hair, just to give him something new to think about
Unread 30 Oct 2004, 12:08   #82
Darkling

"Very well I suppose tsitting around here wont get us any results"
Pulling up a hood of his own, adjusting the mask on his face some more. Getting up using his free hand bringing out some coins from a leather pouch, dropping them on the tabletop.
"We better make a move then, before time does truly run out for us"
Going to get up taking carfully controlled ascent despite the lack of any threats present right now.
Unread 30 Oct 2004, 16:54   #83
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

NOTE: (Mad Cat et al)

The time mage only slowed down time around the guards, no one else.

--Mark Twain
Unread 30 Oct 2004, 19:13   #84
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Turning Serene makes her way toward the door around the outside of the room. They always sought the shadows, it became a habit most of the time. Slipping out the door she glances around the street, making sure none were watching. Reaching up she pulls her cloak tighter around herself and slips into the alleyway next to the tavern.

Unread 30 Oct 2004, 19:18   #85
Darkling

Arawn slipping close behind keeping close to the wall, avoiding any streaks of sunlight. Getting to the doorway, making sure to fasten the cloaks clasp tightly. Follwing Serene quitl talking as they enter the allyway.
"The paladins are out of the question, but we ahve to find some kind of cure for this plague. There has to be some people looking into this affliction, possible even try to find one of the dark worshipping relgions"
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 20:08   #86
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Kama rises from his slumped position a little distance up the street where he could easily have been mistaken as a plague victim or skint busker when he draws the harp once more. He doubled back towards the courthouse passed the inn on the otherwise empty road and strummed away to (seamingly) himself, attempting to hold a tune.

"Born to the false world, the wanderers....
The merry minstrel with his finger's fash
On a quest for immortality...Gathering a troop to find the fantasy.
The spoony bard to fight and cure;
then nature's couple with their feline lure.
Rhythm of sirens, enemies, take heed
For in this war, laws are a silent sleep
Followed by the legion of night-time wanderers
Guardians to the legends heart,
When we from our homeland depart..."

*He sings on of tales about the Paladins, various visions of the trio seeking them, in a non-too subtle way as he passes the alleyways back see the Judge.

Last edited by J-Kama-Ka-C; 31 Oct 2004 at 20:38.
J-Kama-Ka-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 20:48   #87
Darkling

Letting out a low growl, catching movment of the one from before passing the alleyway, not forgetting the attempt at trying to sing of adventures of paladins and all to familiair sounding descriptions.
"I wonder if anyone will notice a missing minstrel, with a snapped neck lying in some dark quiet alleyway"
Making sure to direct the sentance towards the inconpicious bard, a hiss about his tone of voice.
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 22:30   #88
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAIN DM*

*those who have not posted recently are assumed to have followed the course laid before them for the purpose of this DM. If you cannot post this week for some reason, let me know. Otherwise you'll contract the instant death plague. Re-applications will depend mostly on how the story is going, as each character has been woven into the story line. "Mini" DMs that progress a group or individual will be given during the week as necessary.

Flapjack, Zombie

As you look toward the teleporter, you start to make out the images of buildings within the swirling mass. Suddenly a loud crash is heard outside, and one of the Queen's pages runs in. "Highness, it has started! The waves themselves are rising up to destroy us! If the vision is true then there is only one who can save us! She must be found!"

The Queen gives you one last look before rushing out the door. "If you are to save this country, you must step into the portal, find Solena, and bring her back here as quickly as possible. I will go and begin the evacuations to higher ground, but as you saw in the vision, in 24 hours we will all be underwater. Please hurry."

Mad Cat, Zappa, Mrmao, David

Sejuuk's spell normally would have had no problem shattering the teleporter, but for some reason his spell is even weaker than it was when he was down saving the Page. However, he does successfully set the time sage's hair on fire momentarily.

"OW OW WO! Why don't you believe me! You'll be sorry, mark my words! Matrix is the one you need to be watching out for! His deceit will lead you all to ruin!"

He races toward the teleporter, charging it as he nears. As he prepares to step into it he makes his last remarks. "If Matrix could fool you all with such a simple trick, imagine what he could do with all the power he possesses!"

Kama, Darkling, Dragonsjem

As the minstril sings, a dark cloud rumbles in over the town, and the ground begins to quake violently. Suddenly a voice can be heard bellowing from the sky.

"Pathetic life forms of Kish. Although your arrogance on your system of government is great, you see it has given you nothing against the powers that be. No protection, no solice. Not a one of you are safe unless you overthrow your foolish judges and give your very souls over to me. You may call me "The Great God Coen". Those who refuse will be utterly destroyed. I've already sent some of my best warriors amongst you. They are watching. They have power to cast the plague on whomsoever they will. This is your first and final warning Kishians!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 22:46   #89
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Serene gazes up in the direction of the voice. Seeing nothing she contemplates what he said and grins slightly. Turning towards Arawn she laughs a little.
"Well, well....looks like we'll have a little excitement today after all. His threats can't harm us anymore. "She blinks her miscolored eyes to draw his attention to them. "What say we find some of those "warriors" and see if they are really the challenge that "God" thinks they are."

Unread 31 Oct 2004, 22:50   #90
Darkling

"I suppose I wont be happy if I die without at least bringing a few bodies with me."
Flexing his claws a little as the excitment of a posisble hunt surges through his body, sending a cold satifying shiver up his spine. Stepping out into the street taking advatage of the momantery chaos caused by the aberations apperance, being more alert than noraml to movments and details.
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 23:04   #91
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

"And I thought overthetop dramatics were my own forte..."

*Kama turns to the alleyway, a set of gleaming eyes looking upwards in the darkness unnerver him until another being with conealed eyes emerges.

"Ah... I wonder where the second had gotten too... tell me though, if you plan to seek out the warriors of Coen, the most likely search would be the courthouse, if you'll hear me out, I'm heading that direction..."
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 23:11   #92
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Serene's grin grows, her claws extending at the though of digging them into some fools flesh. Dropping her look as she hears the voice speaking to them.
"Ah, the minstrel returns. We knew you could not be far away. Those that discover us often follow to their deaths." She glances toward Arawn, a gleem in her eye.
"You intrigue me however...for the moment." She purrs slightly. "We shall follow as long as it interests us. But what makes you think they shall be there?"

Unread 1 Nov 2004, 01:06   #93
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

"If the owner of this voice from the heavens does seek to impose himself as the new governement, he'll have to forceably remove our current ruler..."

*Kama stows his harp and his expression drops more sinister as his brow wrinkles further.

"That said he demands the task from us... what manifestation do his warriors take? In all those stricken by the plague, I have heard no tale of the warrior who casts it down... Did your, impressive gaze catch those who might inflict it upon you? It troubles me much... by now the rest of the judgedom knows this is more than mere illness...

And what puppetry does evil seek in the souls of those who might allign with fear... or greed."

*Kama tells them of the quest laid out before them, whether they are may be interested or not.

Quote:
Before the federal sages lost their abilities, they saw a vision of 3 individuals heading to Kalidor, presumably to save the land. They saw that without the paladins, we would be consumed by this plague. The problem is we have not found any brave enough to teleport to Kalidor to get them. Our loss of soul magic prevents us from communicating directly, and last we heard, the country was being over run by criminals and monsters. It is a very dangerous place. And to boot, our dwindling magic has made the teleporter quite unsturdy. I know there are 2 catlike humanoids that are currently in the city. The sages were sure they were part of the 3 who went to Kalidor. Perhaps you were the 3rd. If you can find them, perhaps the 3 of you together will have enough strength to bring an end to this plague. Whether they agree to accompany you or not, return and inform me immediately."
"At any rate... any news from the area will filter back to the courthouse, be it warriors or death, or of my friends."
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 02:06   #94
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Pondering for a moment she gazes toward Arawn then back at the stranger. "Interesting tale you weave minstrel. We know not what caused our ailment . If what you say is true we shall need your assistance after all."
Serene hisses in disgust. "Mind you if you seek to mislead us you will meet death well before we shall." She raises her paw, the sharp claws glistening in the light as she slashes toward the nearest wooden post, five thin deep gouges left behind. Slipping off to stand beside Arawn, glancing around them..
"Lead on, we do not have enough time on this world to waste any more if the stages of the plague are true."

Unread 1 Nov 2004, 08:59   #95
Darkling

Staying silent through this whole encounter his mind wandering over the fact there more to this than warriors who can cast the plague upon you, a so called god who wishes to rule as a new leader, a rise of a people. Somthing darker is was at work rigtht now somewhere in the darkness.
"Mind you well minstrel that we trust little, humans least of all. We are quick to scorn and even quicker with our strikes. I shall follow for now but dont assume we shall stay loyal to you, if the situation where better I would preffer you lying in pool of your own blood right now for what you know."
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 13:20   #96
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*jumps in behind the timemmage*

Unread 1 Nov 2004, 21:00   #97
Mad cat

Sejuuk curses quietly in his own tounge and runs into the teleporter shortly after the other two, while running he slides the long knife from its sheath within his sleave
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 23:56   #98
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Mini DM

Darkling, Dragonsjem, Kama

No sooner do you agree to follow the minstrel does an odd sight catch your eye. Something that appeared to be humanoid crawling on one of the buildings like a spider. It scatters around the corner down another alley in the direction of the courthouse. Another peaks over a rooftop, then leaps about 50 yards to another. They look almost like a frail golem, but the extreme amount of magic you can feel radiating from them leads you to believe their frail looks are nothing more than a tactic to lower their opponents defenses. It soon becomes apparent that there are about 3 or 4 of them, heading in the general direction of the courthouse, but keeping a close eye on you as well.

Zappa, Mad Cat

As you step through the portal, you can feel something horribly wrong in how you are moving. Rather than emerging through another teleporter as you should, you emerge in a rather old looking town. It appears to have been abandoned for centuries, yet you were unaware that there were ruins this old on ANY of the continents. Looking around, the time mage is nowhere to be seen, although you stepped into the teleporter only seconds after he did. Looking behind you you can see the Queen's chamber through the portal you emerged from. However, you realize that because it is not in a teleporter, it will not be able to maintain its stability, and will likely dissapate within a few moments.

--Mark Twain
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 11:00   #99
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*jumps back trough, cursing*

Unread 2 Nov 2004, 19:06   #100
David91

*Qurk Kinschien ceases casting the shadow, but isn't sure what to do next. It wouldn't be proper to break the windows to get in, and they don't open. There are guards at the entrances on the ground and he isn't exactly sure he really needs to go into the hall anyway.*

ooc: Was away at Scout Camp for almost a week but nothing seems to have affected me all that much in that time.