User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 10:01   #51
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Re: Silent Night

00C/: Avenger, I guess u missed my character was speaking t0 u./00C

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 11:16   #52
Avenger

Avenger is an unknown quantity at this point

ooc/ as usual in my state of hurried posting coupled with blatant misreading lead me to pass the post all together. Its edited now hopefully sufficient. My humble apologies. /ooc
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 05:16   #53
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Duke continues to walk around the field, parallel to the large structure. He notices several other people moving around and also congregating at the door. He turns away to look across the street, then out of the corner of his eye, he sees a flash. Duke spins around on his heel and puts his hand on the handle of his Kitana. Realizing that the flash came from inside, he quickly races across the field and into the structre. He draws the blade and looks around to see an open door. Beyond the door is a man looking at a console of some sort. He walks over to it and reads it out loud.

"Silent night confirmed, huh. Do you suppose that thats the answer to our questions?" Duke says to the man standing next to him as he resheaths his sword.
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 06:31   #54
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Finding this all rather confusing, entering what he can only assume is a reception or lobby. The monitor causing a forceful flash to his eyes, as he read the mesage having to adjust his vision to fit the darker interior spotting some piles of paper somhow feeling more his style than a screen. Moving his body silently forward enough to not eclipse anyone elses path but stay within the reach of his swing intintivly without thinking it seemed. Milling one hand through the pile of papers hoping to find somthing.

ooc - little short but heading to work soon
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 20:55   #55
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Rubbing his chest, and feeling the blood that stains his shirt still flowing quite freely...

"Yes. It hurts like... Indescribable really. But we should be dead, by all counts."

Stumbling through the door, he scans the screen in detail, reading the words carefully. Silent night. should that mean something? At all? Walking across to the table, he begins to read the papers, probably not designated for his eyes, but after the day he's had... what the hell....
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 01:57   #56
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Looking around he listens to everyone else until he comes to the conclusion he is no worse off in knowing what has happened than anyone else. Finally people begin voicing their question in loud enough voices to carry across the entire area. The only person seeming to be doing anything vaguely constructive has opened the door to the only interesting object in sight... well, once you ignore the bodies, which being so numerous are rather tedious to look at after a while... strange that, they ought to be sickening, but they aren't... I suppose having been in the same condition before anaethetises you to it. Anyway, the door in it has been pushed open allowing a faintly pulsing light to billow out through the opening.

"Does anyone know why we AREN'T dead?!?!?!" echos the loudest cry, the bluntness of the question making some part of his subconscious smile. He waits a few moments as the first couple of people enter the building.

"Fate isn't finished with us yet!" he calls back over his shoulder, and heads forward into the light.

Inside he looks at the monitor flickering away and frowns, not quite what he'd had in mind. He isn't completely sure what he did have in mind, but a confirmation message from a computer was most definately not it.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 04:07   #57
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Looking at the light, he shruggs and follows the others.*
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 04:46   #58
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Shaking her head a little, frowning as the other woman seemed to ignore her. Turning back to the building she begins walking, reluctantly and eagarly at the same time. She just had a feeling she would find the answers there, but she wasnt sure she wanted them. Taking a deep breath she forces herself to take a step toward the building, following the others almost blindlly. Hearing someone yell out her own thoughts made her feel a little better that she wasnt the only one in a daze. The light from the doorway continuing to draw her in, mesmerizing and frightening as she clutched her staff tighter. Finding herself at the building she peeks inside oblivious to the others for a few moments.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 05:23   #59
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

DMage! If you haven’t posted yet since my last DM, kindly do so soon or youll be forgotten/killed, thank you! I’d also recommend reading everyones DMs… oh and as always, if I missed something I shoulda caught, lemme know… sorry, extreme paranoia

Darkling: As you shuffle through the papers you don’t find anything of real use to you. Most is unintelligible. Lots of numbers, stats. You find nothing, until you come across drawings of canisters. You decide they are important, when suddenly the door bursts open, And a man stumbles out… (See Heiro’s Post)

Heiro: As you read through the papers, you don’t find too much of use. Lots and lots of chemical formulas, equations, and other scientific mumbo jumbo. You also come across weather charts, stating windspeed and direction, possibly important. Suddenly the door at the other end of the hall-room bursts open and an elderly seeming Gentleman staggers out. He seems to be in a very bad state, and is actually holding one of his own severed arms, as blood oozes (not pumps) out of the stump. He quickly looks over the small group of people with you with an almost relieved look on his face. Focusing on you, the closest to him, he drops the limb and grabs your robes and starts speaking in a panicky gasping voice.

Oh God Almighty, what is wrong with me? I have led a pure life, but I have been cursed to wander this planet even in death! he takes your hand and places it at his neck, and then his heart. Feel my neck, feel my chest! My heart does not beat, my heart doe- the man looks at the hole in your chest, with wild eyes. He lets you go as if you were on fire and, shaking, backs away into the corner, moaning to himself, praying

Bakan: As you look about the hallway room, you are surprised by the opposite door slamming open and a haggard old man stumbling out, holding his arm, dropping it, then grabbing another man… (See Heiro’s post)

Ryon Jkar: As you look into the room from the outside window, a noise suddenly catches your attention. It is coming from the nearby bushes, looking in that direction, you see a shadow, one that is similar to a crouched human being….

Disrupter: the man never has time to answer you after you resheathe your sword, for at that instant, the door bursts open and the man is grabbed by an elderly gentleman missing his arm… (See Heiro’s post)

Avenger: As you move towards the building, A sound suddenly catches your attention in the bushes nearby. Turning to look, you spy a human eye looking at you through a hole in the leaves. It seems fierce, and almost not human, but perhaps it is only because it is dark out, you are slightly far away, and have a lot on your mind….

Dragonsjem: As you peek in from the back of the room, You are startled by the door slamming open and the appearance of the old man (See Heiro’s post) You notice he is missing an arm. Looking around, you also notice a lack of signs of forced Entry past the front door. There is nothing on the walls or floor of the second room, and very little damage to the lobby…

Hewitt: As you look over the carnage, you hear a sound in the bushes. It sounds like leaves rustling. You dismiss it as being the wind at first, but when you hear it again, and notice there is no wind, you become curious as well as cautious….

Richard: As you follow the tail end of the small cluster of people who went inside and read the computer message, your attention shifts to a man with one arm, the other arm being visible on the floor, backing away from a man with a hole in his chest…

Everyone Else (the non-postees): You hear rustling in the bushes…. Investigate……..

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 05:29   #60
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Walking over to the old man, he grabbed the old man and hoists him up, then blinks in surprise as he almost pushes the elderly man's head into the ceiling. He was so light, yet for some strange reason, that seemed odd, along with a odd sensation in his muscles as he lowered the man. Pulling him close to his face, he looks into the man's eyes.*

"What in the bloody hells HAPPENED TO US! You seem to know more than you are letting on, SNAP OUT OF IT!"

*Letting go with one hand, he raises the hand and slaps the elderly man.*

"What HAPPENED!"

*He then drops the elderly man and takes a step back, reach for one of his swords.*
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 06:28   #61
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Glancing around she ponders the seemly untouched rooms, her mind wandering. How can there be so much blood without a battle and how can this door be open without force unless,,,,,,those who attacked us came this way... Looking into the room more she jumps back a little as the man barges through the door. Listening from her spot her mind goes a mile a minute trying to comprehend what he's saying. Her hand moves slowly up her chest, and stops at her heart, trying to find a beat. her hands flying to the side of her neck and her wrist, trying desperately to find a heartbeat.W hispering aloud to herself "N...No pulse.....no heartbeat either." The realization of her state of undead hitting her.
Her attention being drawn back to the room as she hears another voice demanding answers. Watching as the man slams the other, helpless seeming man. Watching warily, debating whether to make herself known as she sees a flash of a sword. In shock at this violent reaction, she acts instinctively sliding into the room between the two men, holding her nagintina in a defensive manner.
"Are you mad? Stop hurting him, he's not going to answer you this way!"

Unread 9 Jul 2004, 06:44   #62
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Taking the paper diagram of the canister shuving it in whatever pocket he can find on his cloths. An elderly man stumbles through the door and speaks, comrahending these the words it speaks. Pressing his hand to his chest finding little succes of a beating heart, causing a dreaded sickening at the very idea of it. His concentration broken by the raged demands of a blustering voice, followed by a softer voice of reason.
"She is right"
Finding himself saying without much thought, stepping up to be side by side with the man.
"Threatening somone will only make them more reluctant to answer you, and also cause them to fear you in the process in this case. It may be the case this mans not as harmless as he seems, but for now we have little choice but to go on what we see before us. Now lets use some tact instead of brute force"
Finding his voice come at a steady calm pace, though it felt right to be sayng these things thought he knew not why, slipping a hand closer to his waist in a slow passive manner gripping the hilt of his blade and scadab with the other hand.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 06:54   #63
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

Quick DM, by request

Bakan: As the woman speaks up, stepping between you and the man, you hear a yell from behind her. It sounds like an animal. Suddenly, the woman is shoved aside and the man, blind with some sort of animalistic rage, rushes at you, clawing at your face. Surprised, you take a step back, and deal the man a backhand across his shoulder. He falls helplessly to the ground, and spasms a bit screaming at the top of his lungs WE’RE DEAD!!! WE’RE ALL DEAD!! After a bit of screaming, he stops, falling limp and breathing heavily as if he was asleep. Then he speaks calmly, defeatedly. I….I don’t know what happened. I was working… and… and then my arm was cut off! His eyes grow wide, as he stares into nothing, sitting on the floor I woke up a while later, and I was this… this horrible creature! He spits. He looks at you, and the others wearing the red armor You. They must have left you to die. Left us to die…. BASTARDS!!!

Dragonsjem: As you speak up, you hear a yell from behind you. It sounds like an animal. Suddenly, you feel yourself being thrown to the side by someone with strength. You watch as the old man attacks the younger man, and is swatted off. The old man falls helplessly to the ground, and spasms a bit screaming at the top of his lungs WE’RE DEAD!!! WE’RE ALL DEAD!! After a bit of screaming, he stops, falling limp and breathing heavily as if he was asleep. Then he speaks calmly, defeatedly. I….I don’t know what happened. I was working… and… and then my arm was cut off! His eyes grow wide, as he stares into nothing, sitting on the floor I woke up a while later, and I was this… this horrible creature! He spits. He looks at you, and the others wearing the red armor You. They must have left you to die. Left us to die…. BASTARDS!!!

Darkling: After your little speech, you hear what sounds like an animal fighting. The woman in front of you is shoved aside, and you yourself are bumped out of the way as the old man attacks the younger man. (See above two DMs, as I don’t feel like typing it out again )

[ooc]More later, since no one else has posted yet….. btw, there are PLENTY more things to ask this man, don’t think you have nothing to say to him… you all should have questions for him…. Different ones. Of course, that’s not required, but it helps :P. Trust me I can think of at least three off the top of my head, at 1:42 in the morning[ooc]

Unread 9 Jul 2004, 07:00   #64
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Looking at his hands in mild shock, for the speed at which they moved in dealing with the elderly man, it was as if he had done it before. Seeing the others place hands around their vitals, he slowely raises his own hand towards his throat, hands that were covered in blood, listening to the elderly man. Pressure, reapply, more pressure, instead of the pulsation of veins and arteries, there was nothing, just flesh, flesh that did not move from pressures of the heart pumping blood. Pressing a hand against his chest, nothing, just a rising and falling as he breathed in and out. Gasping it all made sense, the wounds in his back and chest, the lack of blood, the strange feeling. That strange feeling, being slowely overcome with rage. Looking at the eldery man, he pulls out one of his long knives and looks at the sharp metal, still covered in his own blood, then back at the man. Looking at the strangers willing to defend him, who for their efforts were shoved aside, he smiles a bitter smile.*

"We appear to be cursed. You however are less cursed than us, for you remember the past, unlike myself. Tell me, what were you working on, and whom were you refering to as bastards? You seem to reconize our armor, what does it mean? Also......"

*He spins and points his long sword at the lady who stood up to him.*

"Next time, stay out of my way. We may be dead, but even dead people need certain organs. You saw what he almost did."

*Turning back to the elderly man, he plays with his long knife, picking at a fingernail still covered with blood with the tip of the blade, waiting the man's answers.*
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 07:08   #65
Darkling

Balancing himself after the bump to counter any otehr attacks, though they stop fortunatly though showed suprisng strenght behind their blows.
"Rife makes bad company"
Finding himself muttering calmly.
"Its no wodner he attacked when one goes to draw a sword agaisnt them, besides I have an idea this one been through a lot worst than we have right now. Granted waking up with a sword in yuor back is rather discoserting, but then what are these mentions of a creature I wonder and people in red armour."
Forgetting the paper stuffed in his rather small pockets during the incident, pulling it out and shows it to the elderly man.
"Dont suppose you can shed any light on this for me?"
Softening his voice purposly to make the man at possible, despite the fact there where server strangers armed strangers crowded around the area.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 07:34   #66
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Surprisingly finding herself being throw, she catches herself almost a moment too late, stumbling a little into a croutching position, one leg bent, the other extended out as she help her staff in and upright position bracing herself. Her eyes raising back to the men, glaring at the crazed man and the other belittling her.
"Vital organs! Bah! What makes you an expert on what the dead need to live?" She looks down at the gaping hole in her chest. "I think i've already have been fatally enough injured!"
Thoughts all over the place, trying to regain her concentration as she stands up again. Taking a deep breath or what seemed like one she clears her mind and looks at the younger man again and down at her armour.
"It appears we are on the same side, whatever that may be and we are at least in the same situation, lets put this behind us for the moment and get this guy restrained before he does anything again." She turns and begins searching for some kind of restraints in the room and boxes, but keeps her eye on the men.

Unread 9 Jul 2004, 12:55   #67
blake

blake is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting halfway to the large building he stopped, his sword held tightly in one hand. He thought he heard something, looking around he noticed some bushes and the sound again. Deciding that the building was too crowded he moved slowly over to the bushes, sword at the ready held tightly in both hands now. As he aproached the bushes each footstep was cautious, almost silent. He stopped close to the bushes and waited silently before speaking, ready incase he was attacked.

"Who goes there!?"
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 14:59   #68
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Rubbing the hole in his chest, and gripping the hilt of the sword above his head, Malaki wanders slowly forward. Releasing the hilt, he steps forward and holding his heart placed hole, jestures toward the man.

"Why are we alive? As you say, we have led pure lives. Pure pure lives. We must share some past, some... event. Something...?"
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 20:37   #69
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Ryon Jkar: As you look into the room from the outside window, a noise suddenly catches your attention. It is coming from the nearby bushes, looking in that direction, you see a shadow, one that is similar to a crouched human being….
-----------------------

Turning toward the shadow he saw he move toward the crouching figure. "Hello?" His right hand gripped the black blood-stained katana. His eyes readiated with soft heat lightening. His body was tensing as it prepared itself for the worst. This might end up bad.
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 03:17   #70
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

Hey, FYI im goin away this weekend, sunday around 6 PM EST, to sometime on tuesday or wednesday. If there are enough people posted by then, Ill probably DM when i return. if not, then prepare to suffer..... or something

Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:20   #71
Avenger

Avenger: As you move towards the building, A sound suddenly catches your attention in the bushes nearby. Turning to look, you spy a human eye looking at you through a hole in the leaves. It seems fierce, and almost not human, but perhaps it is only because it is dark out, you are slightly far away, and have a lot on your mind….

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mildly surprised, it took her a moment before realizing it might be hostile. Instinctively she dropped the spear she was carrying, fluidly reached for an arrow and armed her bow.

“That was fast,” she muttered.

Before she could say anything else, another figure (Blake) approached the figure in the bushes with a sword.

“Who goes there?” he said.

“Take slow breaths, slow down your heartbeat; hold your sight on the target and nothing else. Plant your feet firmly and exhale then let it fly,” echoed some strangely assuring voice in her head.

Oddly enough, she followed the instructions until, to her horror; she was unable to feel her heartbeat. Unwilling to drop the bow to check, she maintained the stance and concentrated on the task not before making sure she remembers to check out her lack of heartbeat.

“Come out whoever you are. Slow and easy with your arms raised if you please,” she said. “We won’t harm you,” she added.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:28   #72
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Mnemon having been leaning against the wall of the building straightens. He tries walking and finds that apart from a noticable twinge of pain where the daggers had been he can walk fine.

He looks at the bushes and investigates warily, his muscles tensed for whatever might happen.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 23:00   #73
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Duke noticed the man as he came bursting into the room. He redrew his sword and listened to what the man said before nearly dropping the sword. "Were not dead", those words echoed in his ears for an eternity. Duke stumbled and fell against a wall, then collapsed on the floor staring blankly. "How can that be?" He thought over and over again.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 23:26   #74
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Richard (or whatever his name is) looks down at the stray arm and mutters something about the old man being "'armless" that if he had muttered it much louder it would have drawn more painful groans than the forceful insertion of a sword through the stomach. Luckily, both for him and the others present, the comment is swept away in the tumble of other comments, speaches, declarations and accusations.

The comment swiftly turns out to be incorrect anyway, as the man lashes out, briefly but with surprising ferocity. Well, considering everyone is claiming to be dead it could be said that movement of any voluntary kind is surprising in itself... As the man descends again into a semi comatose state for a few seconds Richard takes the chance to insinuate himself further into the room, slipping round the bulk of the crowd. Mere moments later two of the people claiming to be dead start having an argument over the required organs for death.

Richard laughs, he can't help it, the whole situation just suddenly seems hilarious.

After several long seconds he gets a hold of himself and addresses the woman.

"My dear, 'vital' organs are by definition vrequired, if they are not, then they are not vital after all. Considering I don't think I have many organs intact at all, I would imagine about all you need is a brain... although I'm not going to bet on that either."
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 23:54   #75
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

Surprise! Im sure you thought this was a DM... well it isnt

bleh, DM probably tonight, in about 4 hoursish. or tomorrow morning. but i know bakan won't stand for that

Unread 15 Jul 2004, 00:49   #76
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Originally Posted by General D. Eath
Surprise! Im sure you thought this was a DM... well it isnt

bleh, DM probably tonight, in about 4 hoursish. or tomorrow morning. but i know bakan won't stand for that
*Kicks Gen_Eath.*

Don't get my hopes up your [censored]!
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 07:35   #77
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

DM time. BIG one. It’s getting good; I can hardly wait till the next DM, heheh…

People Inside:

Dragonsjem: Looking through several boxes, you find mostly knick-knacks of little use to you. You do find a sizeable length of wire, however. Turning to the man, he seems to have an anxious look on his face, and almost responds to you pulling out the wire by standing, but soon collapses again with his dejected look on his face…

Everyone: As the questions come, along with the wire, the man’s eyes dart back and forth, following and remembering each question, almost oblivious to the wire being wrapped around his legs, and answering them one at a time when all questions have been asked. Turning to his attacker, Bakan, with a resentful face, he begins his answers in a surprisingly calm, almost talkative voice, totally different from the previous explosions of emotion.

I… I’m merely the janitor here. That is my job. I was cleaning the floor upstairs, and… I remember hearing fighting. I…. The man places his hand, left untied, at his forehead, rubbing his temples, thinking. I remember going to the window, but before I could look, the arm holding my mop was gone! I stared in horror, in disbelief, as the stump bled uncontrollably! I… I turned, but I can’t… recall the face… Then I passed out. I’m not sure when I died. Perhaps I never did… maybe that is connected to the fact that I have memory, I really don’t know…. Furrowing his brow, thinking again. Who killed me, I really don’t know. All I can say is that they must have been connected to this building. I remember hearing a fight outside, but I don’t recall any happening inside. Whoever cut off my arm had no trouble finding their way in. Your armor? his eyes brighten a bit, with the look of remembrance Ah yes! I remember now! You [Bakan] were the door guard! I knew there was something about your face that was familiar. The red armor must have been the guard’s armor. I’m not really sure actually.. I do have memory, but it’s so splotchy..The man's face turns dark The bastards? I could only refer to the slime that left us all to die..The rest of the staff at this building.
suddenly exploding, spasming again, but with little range of movement, due to the wire restraints THE BASTARDS SAVED THEMSELVES, LETTING US WANDER THE PLANET IN DEATH!!!!! collapsing again into silence, the man seems very tired. He continues with the questions as if nothing had happened. Turning to look at his next questioner, Darkling, the elderly man smiles slightly at the gentle soft spoken man before him. He studies the drawings of the canisters and thinks for a bit, rubbing his temples in his usual manner.

Hmm, this is interesting. I remember seeing pictures like this upstairs on my boss’s portable computer. He seemed pretty angry and startled to know that I had seen it, and that he hadn’t noticed. I think the computer might still be upstairs, if you want to check it out. I have NO promises to make to those… The man looks up at Darkling, and he loses his rage-filled edge. Those bastards…He finally says, in almost a whisper. Looking up at his next and last questioner, Heiro, The man begins on his final question. He thinks for a moment, rubbing his temple again. He finally looks up at Heiro with sad eyes.

I’m sorry, I have no answer to that. I desperately, desperately wish I knew why I haven’t arrived at the Pearly Gates yet. Perhaps you might be able to help me find out why. I’m willing to do anything to discover what is wrong with me, with us. It may be upstairs on the computer, but it may also be halfway across the world. Please, feel your own lifeless heart in your chest and tell me you would not leave a man, unknowing, to wander the land in the same condition as you…Quickly composing himself, and changing the subject, the man speaks with a business like air. Now, if someone would be so kind as to untie me or carry me up the stairs, I would be glad to give away this wretched companies secrets via computer…

‘Quick’ description of the upstairs, so if you decide to go up, you have stuff to work with…

Upstairs is a large room filled with cubicles and dotted with large filing cabinets. Each cubicle is covered in papers and seems to be quite a mess. Several computers are running, and a few lie broken on the ground. Personal items fill the cubicles. Toys, pictures of loved ones, calendars, the usual office items. The room itself is simple and boring. Whitewashed walls, a plain ceiling with the blandest possible light fixtures, and a linoleum floor. The room is designed to minimize distraction. The only thing possibly distracting is the small potted tree in one corner of the room, and the water cooler’s intermittent bubbling. There is a relatively large window overlooking the front lawn, currently a bloody battle scene. Directly in front of that window are a mop, a bucket, and a relatively large pool of blood, with blood stains on the walls, some nearby cubicles, and the window itself. The mop’s moppy part has turned a deep red from absorbing the poor man’s blood. Besides the mess in front of the window, the room is in pretty good order. Papers lie strewn about and a few chairs are tipped over, but besides that, nothing seems out of the ordinary. One corner of the room is the boss’s room. It is separate, with its own door, with a name on it (Mr. Undermire) and shaded windows looking onto the work area. The boss’s room contains a leather couch, soft carpet, shelves of books, a few filing cabinets, and the walls are lined with pictures and certificates. The window looking onto the front lawn fills one wall, and the shade is currently drawn. Against the window opposite the door, and to the left of the window is the desk. It is a large wooden desk, covered in papers and other desky things. There is a name plate that reads “Mr. Undermire” sitting on it off to one corner. Finally, in the middle of the desk is the small, currently dark, portable computer. The office is in perfect condition, showing none of the disarray of the rest of the floor…

WOW, that was a freakin lot…. Time for the outside people. I think it’s gonna be a lot shorter for you guys, half cus I’m so tired. But you’ll get yours in time…

Outside People:
fyi, at about this time I’d HIGHLY recommend that all of you return inside to tell the others what you have seen… or it may be.. unhealthy… for you…

Blake and Avenger: Upon both of your questioning and demands, the face disappears quickly into the leaves. Rustling can be heard, soon followed by Growling and other such nasty noises. Lots of it. More than one of anything, human or not, could possibly be making. The leaves rustle all over and the growling grows louder…..

Ryon Jkar: As you slowly approach the figure, it starts to become visible. It shields its face, but the rest of it looks terrible, haggard, almost grayish. Before you can get a really good look at it, it hisses and ducks into the bushes. Soon growling and rustling can be heard. Lots of it. You sense extreme danger…

Spritely Zombie: As you investigate the area near the bushes, you spy something grey and small on the ground. Upon approaching it and picking it up, you determine it to be a withered, grey finger, appearing rotten. Growling and fierce noises begin to erupt from the bushes directly in front of you, and your instincts tell you to run…

Everyone Else: You have similar experiences to that of everyone else outside… Growling, Rustling…and VERY bad feelings about what is in the bushes…

Done… Sorry it’s so long. It’s an important one, though. If I missed something, or a connection just isn’t there or is there wrong, as I’m sure one could be, as it is very late and I am very tired, just let me know and I’ll adjust it. Goodnight.

Unread 15 Jul 2004, 11:51   #78
Avenger

Blake and Avenger: Upon both of your questioning and demands, the face disappears quickly into the leaves. Rustling can be heard, soon followed by Growling and other such nasty noises. Lots of it. More than one of anything, human or not, could possibly be making. The leaves rustle all over and the growling grows louder…..

--------------------------

The sudden disappearance of the figure surprised her as she expected the figure to surrender in face of superior numbers. Nonetheless she let her arrow fly into the bushes in hopes of hitting whatever the figure was.

“If that hits, it would be a miracle,” she muttered.

Almost immediately growling and more of it appeared. They seem to be all around the area and getting closer. Knowing better than face superior numbers without any reliable intelligence or planning her gut feelings screamed of retreat or at least regroup and review the situation.

“I think we should go in and inform the others of the situation here,” she said to the other figure (Blake) while picking up her spear and backing slowly towards the door. “I don’t know about you, I am definitely going to go in and tell the others regardless of what you guys are saying.”

Shouldering her bow, she gripped the spear tightly with both her hands and proceeded to back into the building through the door.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 12:41   #79
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Mnemon drops the finger, and slowly backs away. He finds his hands unconciously straying to the llinks hold his chains together. He continues to back away, the hooks are seperated and the length of chain joining his hands comes loose, now held in his hands. He continues to cautiously back away until eventually he's only a few paces from the doorway, he turns and ducks inside.

"Something, is out there..." he says, simply.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 13:49   #80
blake

blake is an unknown quantity at this point

"I think we should go inside too.." He said taking a step or two back from the bushes.

Once several feet away from the bush he turned and moved quickly towards the building, looking behind him at the bushes to make sure nothing was coming after them. Upon reaching the door he looked in and then back at the bushes.

"Maybe we should go in and lock the door..?" Not waiting for an answer he went inside into the lobby place.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 14:42   #81
Darkling

Keeping his voice calm as possible, seeing that this man has had his fair share of trouble recently.
"You have my thanks, any lead is better than none right now."
Putting the papers away this time folding it more carfully than before in a slow manner, taking note of the sudden entrance of a few others coming into the lobby seeming in a hurry from somthing outside. Frowning a little puzzled though his curiosity woud have to wait on that part, making his way with slow drawn out silent steps deep into the building up its stairs.

Coming to the scene of utter chaos and confusion sparled about in a general manner around the room of desks and chairs, catching sight of a bucket filled with blood tainted water.
"Poor man no wonder he was so scared earlier"
Finding himself sympathise with the janitor more after seeing this scene, Obviously there was a great exodus here no one bothered to leave in an orderly manner at all, though the serene calm of the lareger seperate office set it apart from the rest. Milling his way through the paper ridden floor, stepping over the odd picture frame or executive trinkets, coming up to the managers office opening the door into its crisp and clean enviroment.

Weaving his way around the desk to find himself glancing over the certifaicates for any clues to this mans proffesion, and powering up the portable computer. Waiting for it to load up hopfuly cracks open the blinds just enough to get a look outside, trying to catch a sight of whatever spoked out there.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 18:03   #82
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*Hewitt takes in the view of the battlefield.*

Much death was wrought here, and yet the fallen bodies are few... considering my own situation I would guess they too just got up and wandered off somewhere...

"Other than that, or there would have to be something or things with an enormous appetite... Heh."

*Rustle.*

"What was that?"

*Rustle*

"Sounds like something is in the bushes... hmm..."

*Taking a firm grip on the sword that was previously lodged firmly in his guts, the unknown soldier starts walking over to the bushes.*

"Who goes there?"

"Grrrrr...'

"I said who goes there!"

"GRRRRR!"

"Okay..."

I guess the 'something with an enormous appetite' theory just gained a whole heap of creditiblity.

*Deciding that discretion is the better part of valour, our unknown soldier backs away from the bush slowly then proceeds to turn and run as fast as his undead legs can take him into the building.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 18:30   #83
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Duke finally gets up after hearing the man's story. He rises to his feet and walks to the outside door. "I need air." He keeps saying as he goes. As he arrives in the lobby, two people come running in from the outside (Avenger and Blake). Noticing looks of fear and uncertanty, Duke runs outside to investigate. He hears a wierd rustling noise coming from the bushes. He draws his kitana and axe and walks cautiously towards a bush. With his axe raised high, and his kitana in front of him, Duke begins to poke around in the bushes.

Seeing small plants move, but not seeing any acctual figures, Duke continues his little investigation. He finds a hard body of some sorts with his sword, and nudges it. As soon as the sword touched the body, it hisses. Wait, it hisses? Duke goes to poke it again, but the bushes near him are engulfed in hisses and growls and all sorts of nasty noises. Duke jumps backwards, and stares into the bushes. He sees what looks like a head or something, and then he notices dozens more. Pair after pair of red eyes looks back at him.

Duke takes this time to turn and run away, utilizing his fight-or-flight abilites. He doesnt even take time to sheath the weapons, he runs his ass of to the door. When he turns around, he looks back and the eyes are gone, but the growling has intensified greatly. Duke turns to the other two he saw earlier (Avenger and Blake) "What in the hell are those.....things? There are dozens of them....."
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 02:24   #84
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Looking at the man, he blinks slowely.*

A door guard, why coulden't he at least give me a name......

*It seems that he had picked the loosing side in the battle that had been fought here. Entering the office, he started to look around. Seeing the others look around at the computer, he looks at the rest of the office, looking for records and files. Suddenly hearing the noises outside, he goes to one of the windows and looks outside, while slowely pulling out one of his knives.*
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 14:59   #85
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*Running as fast as he can the unknown soldier dashes through the building enterance at full pelt nearly running head first into the group of people inside. Various facts about all he has seen and heard in these last few minutes bounce back and forth within his nearly empty mind.*

No bodies where there should be bodies.

Creatures that:
- Growl
- Hiss
- Have greyish skin
- Don't want to be seen
- and make one feel very bad when near

"People don't look now but I think we have Ghouls in the area."

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 21:18   #86
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

"Guys... GUYS.... GUYS!!!!!!!! We got to get inside!!!!!" Ryon JKar roared as he propelled himself through the doorway of the building and toward the group of people accompanied by a janitor wired to a chair. The man looked truely tortured.

"Hey.. Im Ryon Jkar..

and.. Uh.. people... we got a problem... wierd things are swamping the bushes and growling. I think they don't want to be friends much, either that or very hungry. I suggest we lock the door or do something to defend ourselves.. because I have a feeling we might not make it though dieing twice... " He spoke quickly and charismatically.

His green eyes flashed with apparent excitement and slight fear, "Well?"
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 05:51   #87
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

[ooc]ARaggh... need... interaction....
you guys need to talk with each other. cmon, dont be shy. Id used the 'im not gonna bite you' line, but id probably be lying.

Communication is VERY important in this thread, especially right now. I dont even mind long series of posts of character convos about nothing. just communicate. Or you could not... im just suggesting, but your afterlives may become much more difficult and painful otherwise.

On a less, paranoid-DM note:

Disrupter: Change the bit about the red eyes. no eye color seen.

Ryon: You uh.... said your name again. remember, you dont know who you are, so introductions are rather difficult

Unread 18 Jul 2004, 02:24   #88
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

ooc// *Kills himself* ooc///

Guys... GUYS.... GUYS!!!!!!!! We got to get inside!!!!!" Ryon JKar roared as he propelled himself through the doorway of the building and toward the group of people accompanied by a janitor wired to a chair. The man looked truely tortured.

"Hey.. Im ... I don't know who I am... I like the name stan tho... ( j/k )..
and.. Uh.. people... we got a problem... wierd things are swamping the bushes and growling. I think they don't want to be friends much, either that or very hungry. I suggest we lock the door or do something to defend ourselves.. because I have a feeling we might not make it though dieing twice... " He spoke quickly and charismatically.

His green eyes flashed with apparent excitement and slight fear, "Well anyone got any good ideas... because I think it would be a good assumption we fought these things before?" His voice faded off and he looked around the room....everyone still seemed concerned with the man tied to the chaIr.
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 16:49   #89
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

"Well, Stan... considering the state I woke up this morning I don't particularly think I would like to fight those things... again."

*Hewitt emphasises his point by poking the slow-oozing gash in his stomach.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 21:48   #90
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

"Yeah stan we dont want to fight again. I was pinned to a fricken wall by two swords. Do you think I want that again? I doubt it if anyone wants to fight. Besides who says those are the things that maimed and killed us." "Duke" as he enjoyed calling himself now, looked around. Outside random growls were heard with the occasional rustling of bushes.

"Even if those arent what killed us," Duke said gesturing to the door. "We arent in the mood and were still not even all inside and together. But, if I must, I will fight off whatever comes."
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 22:44   #91
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

She stands off to the side pondering the answers. If he's a guard, what am I?
Coming out of her thoughts she notices some of the group have headed upstairs and moves toward the old janitor and starts to untie his legs but reties his wrist behind his back just in case. "I still have my doubts about you old man, but we may need you to tell us more" Grabbing his elbow she urges him to stand just as the others come running in. The commotion causing her to turn, staring confused and a little frightened.
"What? what's wrong?" She turns back to the janitor, demanding answers again. "What do you know about this?"

Last edited by dragonsjem; 18 Jul 2004 at 23:06.
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 05:17   #92
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

Last chance for late posters. DMing sometime tomorrow, probably tomorrow night

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 04:25   #93
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

ugh, too lazy to post tonight... will do it tomorrow during the day, i promise

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:33   #94
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

DM

Say goodbye to acidk. He already told me he’s out. Fishbone, your next unless you show up this week.

The people downstairs: As you look out through the doorway, you notice lots of movement. Upon closer inspection, you notice the movement is a huge swarm of people. Or they were at least… almost all are in a state of decomposition. Many wear the same armor as the two sides of the apparent battle, some clad in red, while others wear the haphazard clothing of the assumed attacking force. They are in terrible condition, much worse than your own for some reason. Many still have weapons jammed into their bodies. They also don’t look too friendly. As the swarm quickly comes upon acidk, who wasn’t fast enough to make it inside, the fear that they are hostile is confirmed. The group overtakes acid and begins ripping him apart. They bite and tear into his skin and clothing violently, hungrily. He does his best to fight them off, but there are too many to bring his weapon around. Soon he is buried and his bloodcurdling scream is all that remains of him. Once he is devoured, the group turns to you. Many pairs of eyes focus on you. Chills run down your spines when you look into the eyes. They are the eyes of the dead, like your own, but they are a different death. Their eyes stare at you lifelessly, black and cold….

Dragonsjem: The man looks at you with confusion. “What do I know about what? What are yo-“ He stops suddenly and lets out a yell, as he has just noticed the figures outside the door. He starts shaking terribly and mumbling prayers

Blake and Ryon: As you look to lock the door, you noticed it is knocked off of its hinges. Frantically searching, the next door you spot is the door leading to the small hallway that the man was discovered in, not a terribly strong door. Neither is the door after that…

Avenger: you notice one of the undead monsters with an arrow poking out of its eye socket. It fixes its remaining dull lifeless eye on you, sending a chill up your spine…

Just a heads up, you have maybe 20 seconds until the bad guys are at your present location. 20 seconds is also probably pushing it. Let’s just say move quickly…

The People Upstairs: [Pretty sure that’s just Darkling and Bakan] As you look out the windows, you notice lots of grayish human figures emerging from the bushes. LOTS. The whole area is crawling with them. They entirely surround the front of building. They stumble across the road and through the parking lot, the herd mentality forcing several to walk into a few cars and a very large van. They overtake acidk, as they are moving quite quickly, and begin to rip into him. He tries to fend them off but is soon overwhelmed. You can hear his scream through the window. When they finished ripping into him, they turned and looked at the building, what you can assume is the front door and the rest of the ‘survivors’...

NOTE: There is a door at the top of the stairs. It is slightly stronger than the other two doors, as it is a steel security door. Also, an edit. I think I forgot to mention that there is another door at the opposite end of the room upstairs. So fyi there is. To save some time, I’ll also let you know right now that it is locked .

Darkling: As you go through the papers, you find nothing terribly interesting. The man seems to be in charge of this branch office for a corporation known as “SAFECO”. From the words used in some of the papers, it seems they design and test new weapons for the military. The computer boots up easily and is not password blocked. You have full access to the man’s files. Before you can continue, you notice outside…

Bakan: After searching for records and files, you find several. Most are just vague summaries of what is on the computer system. Somewhere along the lines, you find the same picture that was found earlier, one of canisters (I think darkling has it), but with more details. They are labeled as gas canisters, containing “Neterofungic Gas”. The papers themselves seem to be blueprints for the specially designed canisters. Everything else you find seems to refer directly to the computer system, or is encoded. You do come across a file labeled “personnel and staff”, but inside it frustratingly refers to the computer system again, due to an update…

Hope I didn’t miss anyone. Have fun! Heheh…

edit: Sorry If you didnt get a personal DM. I worked in as many people as I could. If you didn't, there was nothing for me to DM you about. No hard feelings

Last edited by General D. Eath; 22 Jul 2004 at 23:28.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 23:13   #95
Darkling

The rabble outside enough to catch his attention from the booting portable computer, seeing somone already being ripped to shreds as though he where no more than a doll to these cursed abominations. Quickly making sure to calm his heartbeat without thinking as the memory of finding out there wasnt one there returns to him. The sheer numbers from the window view enough to signal this as bad news, grabbing what appers to be portable computers bag. Shutting it down and placing it securly inside, letting it rest on the table for now.

Sprinting briskly towards to stairs down, stopping breifly to speak to the other one upstairs.
"Right now there is large mass of unfeindly grey thngs coming this way, I suggest we get everyone up here for the moment and plan a way out. That door looks sturdier than the one downstairs was."
Moving his hand to enphasis the point at the sturdy metal door, before working down the stairs with a quick but controlled pace showing no signs of any hinderance, Halting himself barly at the bottom of it.
"I suggets you all make it up the stairs if you so wish to plan for some escape, right now they outnumber us to greatly to fight back. There is a metal door that can be better defended up here as well, fighting an enemy single file is better than being sournded with little chance to escape"
Keeping his voice hushed enough as to not shout it out and alert the creatures wether they understood anything anymore or not.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 23:22   #96
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter looked out onto the sea of undead as they advanced. He drew the axe and stared out at the hoard as it approached. On the ground by his feet was a sword, which he picked up. With a powerful swing, he cast the sword out in the zombies, catching one in the stomach. It staggered and continued its advance. "Uh oh, not good." He thought. Duke turned and dashed inside and up the steps. On the top of the stairs he called out...

"Anyone valuing their....uh....life should come up here very fastly." With that he ran to a window and smashed it with his axe. He then began to hurl computers and furniture over the edge and onto the swarm of zombie creatures. The various items hit zombies or shattered at their feet. One computer took a zombie right in the head. It looked up and hiss at Duke. Duke responded to the hiss with a chair.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 08:37   #97
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Standing momentarily scared as she catches sight of the beings heading toward the buildings entrance, She gasps before regaining her senses. Looking down at the man she grabs his arm and forces him to stand.
"Come on, old man, I'll protect you for now"
Turning and heading to the stairs quickly, her weapon in her other hand ready in case she needs to drop the man and use it. This was definately not her top choice for things to wake up to. Running into the older man who had defended her as warned the rest of the group, nodding to him to acknowledge she knows the danger as she slips by him up the stairs hopefully to some safetly. Keeping her hold on the old man she glances around the room for something to block the door with before daring to look back down the stairs to see the fate of the others.

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 10:05   #98
Darkling

A women in red armour pulling the janitor from before passing him, making his own way back up the stairs as he see them clear the narrow path, various bits of furniture fly outwards as he made it back up the stairs sword held ready unclipped from his belt. Going up to the offending one and making sure to prod him on the shoulder with the iron scadab.
"Your not helping, now they know about the window so could try and attempt an entry by jumping up here or somthing. We dont know enough about their capabilites yet and fighting them ona stairs looked more promasing when we didnt have to watch our backs as well. Plus now we have not just unfreindly grey creatures coming this way, we have angry grey unfreindly creatures"
Stalking off mumbling somthing about lack of forward planning by some.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 21:28   #99
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Duke looked back at the man. In his arms was yet another computer. He glared at him and threw it to one side.

"Ok if we want to survive at ALL, we have to move everyone up here. One of us should round up the others, and the other should bring something downstairs to block the door. Whatever is going to be done, has to be done now. Hell, you get the people and ill bring a desk down to put in front of the door."

Duke turned and cleared off a desk of a bunch of papers. The man stepped aside and Duke carried the desk to the door. He carried it down the stairs and over to the front door. After a quick peek to make sure that everyone was inside, Duke stood the desk up in the doorway. After that he ran backupstairs in search of a filing cabinet.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 22:02   #100
Richpur
Just call me sir.

"Ah..." Richard says looking at the doorway. "Damn."

He turns and heads up the stairs following the others, half going backwards just to keep an eye on those behind him. On reaching the top of the stairs he slips past the old man and looks around; shrugs at the two bickering in the remnants of the window and reaches down for the hilt of his sword, trusting more in the close range stopping power of solid metal than any protection afforded by projectile furniture. Of course since everyone seems to already be dead, typical principles might not apply...

"Nice decor." Richard says, looking away from the window at the blood stained walls, addressing the other man in the room solely by a process of elimination, "Anything up here that looks like it can stop a large horde of extremely not-nice dead people?"

[edit : me? confused? who??]

Last edited by Richpur; 25 Jul 2004 at 00:05.
Richpur is offline   Reply With Quote