User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 04:58   #451
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Wild West

ah ha! exellent! this should work

lights up the bunsen burner and placesthe tube on a holder just within the flame, he waits a couple seconds and quickly exits the building the same way he came in, he gets down on his stomach and crawls as fast as humanly possible out of town, taking extra precautions to escape the notice of the guards, he gets to about 100 meters out waits expectantly

ooc- i did a bit of research and discovered that two things should happen, first im assauming that the gas is in a compressed cylinder, so after some time heating it will explode, while its heating the two elements in the compound will separate, and when the cylinder bursts a large fireball will be created -ooc

Last edited by Mad cat; 28 Jun 2004 at 05:21.
Mad cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 05:25   #452
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

MADCAT
ooc/not feeling like checking all the stats on laughing gas, i'll go with it heh /ooc

As you crawl away, you hear a loud explosion, and watch as a fireball lights the sky. Hopefully Alec won't care that you torched his pharmacy.......you figure he'll HAVE to understand.......the blast scares the bajeebers out of the guards who start firing the guns in every direction. You manage to escape with only a bullet to the leg. Miraculously making it back to the hotel seemingly undetected, you sneak back in the wound and adequately care for the wound, though it will be sore for quite a while.

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 18:27   #453
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- wootage -ooc

arthur comes back into the hotel smiling broadly, but limping a little, he fixes up the wound and frowns at his pants

ruined. *sigh* well i guess thats what money is for eh?

goes back to smiling

most fun ive had in a long time... hmm thats going to be stiff tomorrow

takes a cup and fills it with the tea that the hotel's mistress had made, he drinks it slowly and yawns

good tea, ill have to ask her how she makes it
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 15:48   #454
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

WEDNESDAY MORNING
ALL
As the night goes on, you all eventually drift off to sleep, your minds still contemplating the days events. Apparently, the gang was in no hurry to start the day, as things were quiet enough in the street for the town to continue sleeping until about 10am. However, at about that hour, things start to get a little noisy. You all awaken to the sounds of horses and shouting. For one reason or another, no real gunfire is heard, but the Sheriff's voice can be heard out in the street, though his words are indistinct.

--Mark Twain
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 20:45   #455
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

Awakening as MC re-entered, Novalis helped him in cleaning and covering the wounds. "Any luck? It sounds like somebody's upset those guys."
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 05:11   #456
Mad cat

looks at the priest still smiling, yeah, i managed to make a nuicance of myself, nothing like a good shot of paranoia, not sure mr alec will apreciate it though, ah well, i can pay him back, well ill see you in the morning

heads upstairs and goes to bed falling asleep quickly, when the shouting begins the next morning arthur sits up slowly and grabs his pocket watch

what!? i slept that long? oh my, not good, ok well lets see whats up

peeks out the window, and watches for a moment, then gets into a not so dressy suit and grabs his rifle, he opens the window a little more and observes
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 06:45   #457
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Waking up seeing Gwedloyn sleeping peacefully, at least she managed to get some rest last night. Hearing some muffled shouting from outside frowing at the thought of the owners voice, an incidious man with little in the way of good intentions. putting on a simple shirt and hard wearing trosuers, digging into the depths of the wardobe to pull out a simple pistol lacking in any finery, built to be reliable rather than atract attention.
"I have hoped I would never have to pull this trigger, maybe there still some hope taht I can get through this day without taking anothers life."
Rhys closing his eyes the shear dread and darkness and such a thought enough to make him collaspe and weep, holding back such thoughts for Gwendolyn's sake he had to be strong now.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:04   #458
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

Tommy was awake before the shouting started, as he had found it difficult to sleep again after the explosion from the pharmacy. He sipped his coffee, made sure all his guns were available to him quickly and easily, and peered through the window.

"Going to be interesting getting out of here and up to that mine. I still think it's a stupid place to have a stand-off" he muttered to himself.

He called up the chimney as quietly as he could "Hey, Gaunt, you there still?".

He waited for Arthur to come back downstairs.
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 21:02   #459
Mad cat

ooc- what happened to zorro? its not like him to leave dming this long -ooc

steps away from the window, and heads downstairs, once there he makes himself some breakfast and eats, leaving the rifle by the back door

so how is everyone?

munches on his eggs and toast, when finished he cleans up and starts messing with one of his guns

so todays the big one... you all should get yourselves up to that cave within the next half hour, i suggest going through the swamp, just stay low and quiet, we cannot be certain that they havent placed people in there, no matter how unlikely
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 03:34   #460
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ooc/ sorry just had some stuff going on /ooc

ALL
Through the window, you can see that the mayor is being taken in the direction of the gallows. A small mob surround him, with one leading him by a rope, his hands tied in front of him. Another group waits at the gallows. Most of the remaining townsfolk are outside watching, as another gang member is riding his horse up and down the street, yelling for everyone to come outside.

"All yew! Git out here! We's a gonna have a show! And it AIN'T optional!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 01:39   #461
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

"Guess we'd better see what the commotion is about, mmm?" Tommy glanced at Arthur, and opened the front door of the hotel.

"We can make a break for the mine after, if it comes to that. You got pistols handy? If we need to fight, just empty each six-shooter while running for cover. I would have said run to the pharmacy, to reload and restock guns, but someone blew it up last night. We'll have to use our initiative. For now though, I think they just want to show off."

With this, he turned and marched through the door. Spitting on the dusty street, he turned and faced the gang, who were at the other end of the street. He slowly sauntered towards them, making sure he was aware of every bit of cover he could gain.
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 06:48   #462
Mad cat

looks out the window and sees the mayor being led to the gallows, he frowns and mutters mostly to himself:

damn! oversleeping always causes some sort of trouble...

grabs his rifle and dashes out the back door, he heads off to one end of town where he can see the gallows, specifically where the rope will be

ill only have one good chance at this, cant miss
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 20:18   #463
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Bitting back any comments or remarks, now was far from the time to act hastfully.
"Seems we have been invited to a rathercrude form of trial, with only one side allowed to speak. I doubt we can hide this one out well"
Looking through the cracks of the boarded up inn's windows, the comotion in the street casuing more than a few worrying doubts to form.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 04:59   #464
Mad cat

ooc- poke poke, whats going on zorro? -ooc
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 16:23   #465
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ooc/ i hate school /ooc

The mob puts the mayor up into the noose, as the one who seems to be the leader speaks to everyone.

"Citizens of Coarsegold. You see now that this man no longer has power over your city. But, we do. But there's a problem." He points to the deputies near the gallows, who have their guns drawn. "I think we've had enough deaths for the time being don't you? Put 'em away."

The deputies look to the Sheriff, who nods for them to do so. "We've got our OWN law system here, so yew deputies are not needed. Either leave immedietly, or we'll hang the mayor. If you go, he can leave with you."

The Sheriff appears to hesitate, then nods at the deputies again. They put down their guns, and the mayor is handed over. "Now git! You've got your horses, you've got 3 minutes to get out of range of our guns."

The mayor stands up. "Absolutely not! I'll not let you terrorize this town, and will not succumb to threats!" The deputies whisper something to the mayor, and he reluctantly nods his head, and mounts his horse. "My fellow citizens of Coarsegold..........I'm ever so sorry I was unable to keep this town safe. You'd all best leave while you still can."

As they ride off into the noon sun, another bandit approaches the speaker. His words are not audible, but watching his mouth you can almost make out the words "The boss wants examples made of them." Looking towards the hotel, the speaker jumps of the gallows. "There have been some who have been too concerned with things that are not their buisiness. Let it be known to you all that you WILL leave town, or what is about to happen to these meddlers will happen to you also!" With that, the mob begins walking at a brisk pace towards the hotel, guns drawn.

--Mark Twain
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 20:10   #466
Mad cat

as the mob heads towards the hotel arthur raises the rifle and lines up the sights with the bridge of the leaders nose and puts pressure on the trigger, he tests the wind and makes up for it by moving the gun just a bit to the side. then he looks down the sights one last time and pulls the trigger, the loud crack reaching the group just as the bullet tears off the mans face, (excuse the small self dm) small arthur quickly reloads and stands up, and booms accross the town adressing the so-called boss

INDEED WE WILL LEAVE TOWN!... RIGHT AFTER CLEARING OUT YOUR PATHETIC FLEA BITTEN RABBLE OF GOAT HEARDERS! SI SINORITA! RIGHT AFTER THAT!!!

arthur walks in the direction of the hill to a point where he can no longer be seen by the mob and breaks into a run for the swamp
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 14:09   #467
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

The group splits in 2. One continuing its march toward the hotel, and another heading in the direction of the swamp. Presently, the first arrives at the door and knocks.

"Hello? Anyone home? We've got something for you!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 16:08   #468
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Standing next to the door, Novalis spoke quietly and gently.
"I would think again before threatening me, my son. Do you not remember the sixth commandment?"
Checking the edge of his straight razor and readying it, his back to the thick wood of the doorframe, he prepared to open the door whilst nodding to someone else to cover it.
"Justice will be done, my son."
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 16:28   #469
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

The mob kicks in the door, knocking over lamps as they enter.

"The boss says this place is harboring the people who keep getting in the way. We've got something special planned for you!"

Grabbing Novalis, one of them asks "Where are the hotel owners?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:09   #470
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Slashing quickly at the thug's wrist, Novalis kneed him viciously and leapt back with haste, praying fervently for some gunfire to back him up.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:18   #471
Darkling

Looking over Gwendolyn rhys glances at the gun he picked up, reasling it will do him little use here letting it drop on the bed.
"Stay here Ill see what I can do about them, if it comes to it..."
His voice trailing of to a low whisper.
"Use the gun on them if they try to get up here, ill stop them for as long as I can"
Leaving their rom slwoly and quitly closing the door before making his way to the top of the stairs, overhearing the voices as they speak in their drone like mentality.
"That would be me, now I would apricate it if you would at least wipe your feet coming in. Unwelcome guest you may be, but least show some propper manners and act like a civalised human for once rather than a dog chasing after their masters heels."
Keepng his voice firm a unweilding defiance blazing behind his eyes right now, looking at the priest as he seemed slashed at the nearest man hiding the shock of seeing a dead body layed across his own porch.
"Please sir I would rather deal with this in a manner more befiting my nature than lower myself down to their level of interlect or at least attempt so, if they persist in their ignorance then feel free to shot them."

Last edited by Darkling; 19 Jul 2004 at 18:27.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 06:39   #472
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

The unfortunate gang member who pinned the seemingly defenseless priest against the wall, slinks back as suddenly as he had come forward. One of the men looks up to see Rhys at the top of the stairs and puts his hand up to stop the rest of the men.

"Well, if it isn't exactly who we're looking for. The boss is rather upset with you. You see, all these hooligans you've been harboring have a nasty habit of getting in the way of things. The boss says that we've got to make examples of you all to prevent anyone else from doing the same. Way I see it, we can do this the easy way or the hard way."

Glancing back at the priest, he keeps his hand on his gun.

--Mark Twain
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 09:26   #473
Darkling

"It seems then that I will be coming along with you for now, on the conditions you take me alone. Also I would like to speak to your boss, otherwise if this ends up in a gun fight then the way I see it either you will be dead or we will. If its you then I suppose we would ahve to deal with the rest of you misfits, if its us then there wont be anyone to make an example of. If I understand the situation correctly though I could be wrong I am to become a symbol if you like of what happens to those who oppose your boss, thats means if I end up dead in a fight for my home I might become a maryter instead possible giving rise to some resistance."
Hopeing taht he made the right apraisal about who ever their boss was, and taht their motives where not as simple minded as their lackeys. Keepign his voice steady as possible whislt trying to stare down a gang of armed men.
"Thats the deal do you accept it?"
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 06:00   #474
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

HOTEL
A few mob members stop and look at each other, then after some quick words in spanish, continue with their demands. "I'm sorry señor, but the boss isn't taking personal audiences. But if you still wish to come alone peacefully, we shall have no problems......for the moment."

MAD CAT
As you watch from your perch, you are suddenly struck on the head with a blunt object with enough force obviously intended to knock you out. Rolling over you see 2 men, one of them pulling the butt of his rifle back away from your head.

FISHBONE
From your current position in the street you can both hear what is going on inside the hotel, and see Arthur's current predicament. Suddenly the few remaining mobsters look to the west of the east-west bound main street, and watch as a lone figure rides in on his horse.

--Mark Twain
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 21:04   #475
Mad cat

ooc- whats the other one doing? -ooc

ung...
arthur blinks a couple times in an attempt to clear the mix of stars and black spots from his vision with little success while he tries to determine who his assailants are, thinking himself in no real position to make much of a fight he closes his eyes to slits and relaxes as though he just went unconsious
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 05:02   #476
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ooc/ as far as i rememeber, everyone else is in the hotel still. by the way, sorry for the lack of DMing, just had some stuff to do. The thread will be ending soon (for real this time!) so if you don't want to die a heroic DMed death, post /ooc

MAD CAT
One of the men speaks to the other.
"You idiot, you were supposed to keep him alive!"

"I think he's still alive........"

"Hm.......well either way it looks like he's here" Opening your eye for a second you see him pointing towards the road.

"Let's take him down to the party then."

The men grab hold of your arms and legs, and begin to carry you down the hill.

--Mark Twain
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 05:51   #477
Mad cat

about a third of the way back down the slope, the stars and black dots finally clear away from arthur's vision

thank god

relaxes as much as he possibly can i preparation of what is about to come, he suddenly throws all his effort into curling up into as tight a ball as possible, yanking the uphill one severaly off balance, and causing him to let go of arthurs feet, which he plants into the ground and pushes off from, throwing his entire wheight into the other man, and causing them both to tumble a fair distance down the hill, as he falls arthur gets scratched whacked etc. pretty badly and finds it rather painful to move once he stops, he looks about pulling out his gun and hopes that the man further up hasnt gotten to his weapon yet, he looks down the hill to check on the position of the two groups of thugs

oh no, they've gotten into the hotel, damn!

get up on one knee and looks back uphill
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 05:42   #478
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Sporadic Vacation DM*

HOTEL
One of the men bursts in the door and whispers something to the one who appears to be in charge. He quickly changes his tone.

"Hmm he's here. Change of plans. You see we WERE going to hang you, your wife, and all these pathetic low lifes youve been harboring. Unfortunately, we're a bit behind schedule. Instead you'll just have to sit tight. Don't worry, you'll be nice and warm for your last moments."

Turning to the new arrival, he walks out the door briskly, muttering only the words. "Burn it. Burn it all."

The ruffians all back out the door as quickly as they entered. You can all see smoke beginning to seep in through the boarded up windows.

MAD CAT
In a maneuver nothing short of amazing, you surprise your captors so much that they both are so off balance that they roll farther down the hill than you do. Looking uphill, you don't see anyone else, but the men at the bottom sound as though they are already on their feet, as you can hear the sound of a gun being readied. Turning back you see one man aiming a rifle at you. Ducking behind a rock you luckily missed hitting your head on, you quickly realize that the rest of the group seems to be burnind the hotel. Looking closer, you see that not only the hotel, but all the non-sold buildings of Coarsegold are beginning to burn. Most of the remaining citizens begin to flee the town for their lives.

--Mark Twain
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 09:39   #479
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

His hands beginning to trembling at the scent of smoke, Father Simon turned quickly around and walked purposefully up to Rhys. "Give me that gun. GIVE IT TO ME!" he shouted hysterically, his eyes wild as he looked at all possible exits.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 03:21   #480
Mad cat

curses viciously when he sees the smoke rising from the buildings

unless they've taken some very serious precautions, the entire town will go up

arthur peeks around the rock that he has taken cover behind, he takes a quick note of where the two men are and takes careful aim, he fires a round at the rifleman's head and another at his groin
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 04:02   #481
Darkling

Cursing silently as the smoke starts to gather, looking over to the priest with a bewildered expresion
"What gun? I came here unarmed for a reason, I aplore violence. Daft as it seems out here but its one of few things I have left to hold onto now."
Rhys quickly makes his way back to the room without thinking, barging into his room as the fire starts to spread more, findding gwendoyln still present there.
"We have to hurry they have set a fire"
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 16:09   #482
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Return of the DMs*

MAD CAT
One of the gunmen keels over and uses his last breaths to tell his partner "Hurry, go tell Kenny!"
The last gunman keeps firing back in your general direction as he runs, ducking behind trees and generally making himself a difficult target. After firing at him a few times you find yourself once again, alone on the hillside.

HOTEL
As some of the boared windows fall down, it becomes obvious that the burning hotel has become somewhat of a spectacle for all the ruffians in the street, as they have all gathered around it, firing their weapons into the air.

--Mark Twain
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 18:50   #483
Mad cat

as the second gunman dissapears arthur frowns thoughtfully and hurries down the slope to collect the rifle that the thug dropped

kenny... who could he have meant, knowing our luck it'll probably be that kenny the kid fellow

he does a quick inspection of the weapon and strips the dead man of all guns and ammunition, he places what he can in his pockets and heads back up the hill to where he dropped his own rifle after being clubbed, he catches sight of it in the same place as it had been when it fell

its a good thing they didnt have the sense to take you along

looking around at his current surroundings a little bit closer arthur catches sight of the single horseman riding into the town, he watches hoping to discern whether the man was friendly or not
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 18:29   #484
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
The horsemans face is well covered, and it is impossible to tell from your current location whether he is friend or foe.

--Mark Twain
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 21:59   #485
Mad cat

ooc- could have sworn i posted -ooc

arthur continues to watch the horseman, but heads back up the hill to find a better post
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:16   #486
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

DM's NOTE: Due to the dwindling interest in the thread by the RPers and now myself, I will expedite the ending of the thread, cutting out certain unnecessary events and what not, to give whoever is still playing a sense of closure, and finish the story.

MAD CAT & Other RPers still playing

The lone horseman rides to the center of the town, and he glances at the burning hotel as he rides toward the gallows. Reaching the gallows, he yells loud enough for the whole town to hear.

"Attention all cow hands! Your job here is DONE. You are to leave immediately. The boss will make sure you all receive your wages when the time comes. Until then, we wish to hear nothing more from you, nor see you again until we call for you. Depart at once."

One of the cow hands approaches the stranger and pulls a gun on him. "Well Mr. Loner, I'm afraid we've grown fond of this hapless town, and we decided to make it our own. You go and tell your boss that we're not leaving."

Unveiling his hood, the stranger removes his low slung hat to reveal the well known face of Kenny the Kid. He eyes the gunslingers weapon and smirks. "Have you not heard the tales? Even with that gun drawn I could still outdraw you and at least 5 of your worthless followers before you could fire a single shot. Maybe 6th one would hit me......in the arm if they were lucky. It's happened before you know. But the last gang of cow hands that did end up shooting me ended up being dinner for the coyotes. Now then, unless you feel sorry for those coyotes, you put that away right this second, and get your sorry hides out of this town on the double."

Quickly realizing who he was dealing with, the cow hand nervously calls to the others. "Boys! Pack 'em up! The boss will send us our pay when the time comes. For now, it's back to herding cattle for us!"

As the word gets out that the orders to leave have come from none other than Kenny the Kid, the cowhands begin to pack up and leave in record time. You estimate that at their speed, they should be gone by sundown.

--Mark Twain
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 20:03   #487
Mad cat

ooc- are all the citizens still outside or have they all one back to their houses? -ooc

arthur sighs, and looks across the town, his eyes cross over the hotel and he bites his lip
hope they've gotten out the back

he continues up the hill and picks an outcrop of rock to use as cover, he places all his ammunition in an easy-to-reach place and looks back to the horseman, he frowns and rests his rifle on the ground

just my luck isnt it, but then again, this could potentially be used to my advantage

as he thinks arthurs thoughts come to the money that he had deposited in the bank, he gathers up the ammunition back up and grabs both the rifles, he heads back down the hill, taking every precaution to not be seen
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 14:40   #488
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

NOTE: Some citizens are inside, mostly watching from the windows of their houses, while a few others wander the streets, seemingly unaware of whats going on.

MAD CAT
Due to the lack of cow hands drunkenly patrolling the streets, you are able to make it down the hill and navigate your way around town unseen by Kenny, or the cowhands, who are preoccupied with packing their stuff as fast as is humanly possible.

--Mark Twain
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 19:36   #489
Mad cat

arthur makes his way to the bank and hopes that the banker is inside, he enters through the back door with the rifles slung over his shoulders and both pistols ready for trouble

hello?! McNeville! you in?
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 16:52   #490
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

McNeville comes out from the back room, smiling as he looks through some title deeds as a few more Coarsegold residents walk out the door with the money they got for selling their land. Looking up, his smile fades for a moment.

"Oh its you. Come to collect your deposit?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 19:41   #491
Mad cat

arthur looks peircingly at McNeville and nods

yes actually i have, and i would like it quickly, as i have business to attend to
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 16:44   #492
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

NOTE: Sorry about the delay, the hurricane knocked out the cable. Have to go all the way to el biblioteca now.

McNeville nods, with a smile on his face. "Well anything we can do to speed you and your friends along we'll be happy to accomidate you."

He unlocks the vault and opens up a deposit box. He returns with your things. "Anything else for you today?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 19:47   #493
Mad cat

ooc- darn weather! anyhoo, i hope your place didnt recieve any other damage -ooc
arthur looks at McNeville scathingly as he takes his stuff

no, i dont think so

as he turns to leave the way he came, arthur thinks very seriously about leaving a peice of lead with the banker, but quickly descides against it, as it would probably draw some unwanted attention, he hurries to the hotel and leaves his things with his horse, making ready to leave at short notice. he walks over a couple buildings and pokes his head out from between them to check on kenny and the rabble, doing that he returns to his horse and, taking again every precaution to go unnoticed he takes it to the swamp where he ties it up and gets it to lie down, he stays there checking periodically on the progress of the people in the town
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 22:31   #494
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

As you watch from your perch, you notice Kenny seems to have dissapeared. You hear the unmistakeable sound of cracking branches from behind you, but every time you check you see nothing. Then from behind you hear a voice.

"Well, it looks like someone's trying to play hero. Sadly, your journey has reached its end. You should have left when you had the chance. Now turn around slowly."

Turning around, you find yourself face to face with Kenny.

"I don't know how many stories you've heard about me, but I never kill a man in cold blood. It's too boring. Shoot outs are more fun. I'll meet you on Maine street at 6pm. If you aren't there.........let's just say I won't give you an opportunity like this again."

Looking at your guns, he motions for you to back away, and then collects them. "You won't be needing any of these till later. Or hey, if you want, you can even borrow one of mine!" Laughing at what is obviously a hilarious joke to him, he turns and heads down the hill, wiping something dark off of his hands, which appears to be oil, possibly from one of the guns.

--Mark Twain
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 20:05   #495
Mad cat

Arthur turns glares at kenny after he said the word hero, but his face changes to one of thoughtfulness as kenny continues

damn, i've been out of it for too long, i know i cant beat this guy for speed but i may be able to outsmart him, as it seems he won't consider negotiation, crivens!

he looks back at the town and looks from building to building, his eyes pause on the delapitated pharmasists place and the bar, he rubs his hand over the stubble of a beard that he hadn't had time to shave that morning and walks up to his horse, making sure that kenny has gone a good distance away he gets the most baggy peice of clothing in his possetion which happens to be a somewhat ragged poncho and puts it on, he then heads back to the town and enters the bar through the back door, he hangs about in the kitchenish area and waits for the bartender to appear

Last edited by Mad cat; 14 Oct 2004 at 19:53.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:08   #496
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

The bartender saunters out, looking exhausted.

"Hey there stranger. Sorry, but we're fresh out of whiskey for the time being. All those cowhands took everything with them when they left. By all means though, take a load off."

--Mark Twain
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 19:45   #497
Mad cat

Arthur nods sympathetically to the bartender

they would, however i do not need whiskey or any other form of drink, exept some water, that would be nice, but what i need is a heavy metal plate, like a good sized peice of that stove

indicates the stove
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 19:59   #498
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

The bartender looks perplexed for a moment, then gets a glass of water.

"Well, I reckon we ain't gonna need this stove any time soon, seein how most of the folks have left. Help yourself. "

He hands you the stove door.

--Mark Twain
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 05:06   #499
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

As though he were almost desperate to end the thread, Kenny's voice can be heard outside.

"Hey yellowbelly! I know you're in there. Your time is up! Come on out and say howdy to your last moments on Earth!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 20:54   #500
Mad cat

ooc- sick of doing this eh? ah well, it was fun while it lasted -ooc

Arthur takes the door and fiddles about with it, untill it fits over most of his torso and covers it with the poncho so that it is unnoticeable, hearing Kenny he walks out through the bar and out into the street, whereupon he approaches kenny

alright, seeing as how you insist upon doing this, i am going to have to demand that you return my weapons in the same condition that you took them in