User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 15 Jun 2004, 17:29   #401
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Wild West

smiles at his small victory

stupid fool

walks back downstairs

ok, it looks like our plans must be postponed, that one will be in no condition to do much, let alone put up a fight, we should wait for a couple hours yet before leaving
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 01:28   #402
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

Tommy rolled his eyes. This town was cursed, it was better for him walking aimlessly through the wasteland! He wondered why someone wanted to claim it so badly.

Nodding at Arthur, he looked out of the window again.

"This ain't the best of situations" he said out loud, to noone in particular "Looks like it's down to us to try to save this town. I have some guns if people want to help"

Saying this he glanced at Rhys and the priest. "The more men we have, the better" he thought grimly to himself. He couldn't care less about the mayor, as he was only a distraction.

"How many men will be out there by the gallows in two hours? Does anyone know?"
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 03:17   #403
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

well, there's about twenty of them, safer to say twenty five, as it seems the sherrif and is in with them and the other two, but at about two they will maby have three guys out there...

produces a small knife from his sleeve, and smiles coldly

and they might make our jobs difficult, so they have to go, no questions asked... is anyone here proficient in the use of a bow?
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 04:45   #404
Czar

Czar is an unknown quantity at this point

"I'm beginning to get quite fed up with all this, Ladies and Gentlemen," Gaunt stated.

"I think it is time we found out what's going on here once and for all, because the way things are looking now, I am This Fonging close to snipering everyone who doesn't belong here- OR packing up and leaving..."

"Now, I've had plenty of sleep today, so I guess I'll go and have a look..."

With that, he removed his hat and trenchcoat and pulled a mask over his face. Moving over to the fire, he grabbed a (cold) piece of charcoal and rubbed the area around his eyes with it until they were quite black, and he pulled on some long black gloves. Then he put what looked like an extension on his rifle, and wrapped the whole thing in black cloth, before slinging it over his shoulder. It was now apparent where he earned his name, Gaunt. He looked like an overexagerrated shadow of a stick figure, but surprisingly well muscled nonetheless. The last thing he did was wrap a few pieces of thin metallic wire around his waist, and covered them with a black sash, and spread several knives that were entirely dull and black around his person. Some of them appeared to have no handle to speak of.

Seeing the way people eyed his odd equipment, Gaunt said: "A few toys of my own design, and a few borrowed toys- Tools of the trade, as they say..."

"Now... Time to Hunt!"

And with hardly a sound, Gaunt disappeared out of a small back window- almost to small to fit a child, but somehow he managed to squeeze through. Gaunt was gone...
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 05:08   #405
Mad cat

calls after gaunt

oh, so your going to take on the entire group, the sherrif, his deputies and right after the entire town has been woken up? somehow i think not, get back in here! and even if your suicidal, id like to have a chance at getting out of this building without being shot on sight
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 06:32   #406
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

"Leave him, he apears to know what he is doing. Besides do you thinkw e could stop him taht easly"
Rhys goes over to the metal kettle lighting the wood powered stove to boil water.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 10:16   #407
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

"I'm sorely tempted to go and talk to the sherriff myself now..." Father Simon said slowly from the back of the kitchen. "And find what in God's name is going on!"
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 17:20   #408
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

CZAR
Dropping to the ground silently outside the window, you look around and see no one. However, from out of the shadows behind you, you hear a clicking sound as what feels to be a barrel of a gun presses up against your head.

"Not so fast. You so much as blink funny and your head will be so full of lead the school kids will be able to use it for a pencil. Would you mind explaining exactly what you're doing? And keep it quiet."

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 17:46   #409
Mad cat

arthur looks at the owner of the hotel

no i dont expect to be able to stop him easily, however, i do find his actions rather stupid and rash, it is too rushed, he should wait

hears the distinctive click of a gun and the voice

damn, didnt expect it to be that fast

puts a finger to his lips to get everyone to be quiet, he hefts his blade and silently walks up to the right side of the window, he closes his eyes for ten seconds and looks out, he opens his eyes and searches for mr gaunt
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 22:43   #410
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Looking worried, Father Simon wanders to the heavily barred front door, straight razor at the ready.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 06:35   #411
Czar

[Dripping with Sarcasm]Amazed that the enemy apparently have powers of ESP to help them spot movement[/Dripping with Sarcasm], Gaunt slowly turns around, turning his wrist just so...

"Well, well... Nicely done... And You might be?"

ooc/Yes I probably am acting too rashly , but the storyline is at this moment only stacking against us all the time, so I felt it neccesary to force a couple of things - Sure we can wait until the storyteller has mustered an entire frickin' army against us, but... Well... Things are just really starting to annoy me... /ooc
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 07:27   #412
Mad cat

ooc- well, yeah but thats where skill come into play, they are twenty or so drunk thugs, and we are three maby four trained killers, as far as im concerned, this should be very interesting/fun-ooc
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 14:58   #413
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

The Gunman laughs when he sees you., taking the gun off your head and scanning the alley for bandits.

"Mr. Guant! It's me! Alec. The pharmacist. Sorry, I didn't recognize you with all that charcoal on your face. I thought you'd just done something to the hotel. Mind if we step back inside? It's not exactly safe out here."

ooc/ the idea with keeping an "army" in the street is to make you all pass the night so the big last day can happen :P /ooc

--Mark Twain
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 17:20   #414
Czar

"Hmmm... Well, all right- I'll hold off on hunting them down, but I have No intention of going back in there and sitting on my hands with the rest of them... I'll keep watch from the roof. If anything falls down the chimney, you'll know something's up without having to approach the windows..."

ooc/ What? You're ending the story already? /ooc
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 17:55   #415
Mad cat

ooc- already? aww, ha if id does finish, it'll be the only one ive been in that actually finished-ooc

arthur relaxes when he hears who it is, and returns to the lounge
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 18:06   #416
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Looking out of the gaps between the boards covering the front windows, Novalis twirled his blade again.
God forbid he would have to use it again...
Straining his eyes toward the gallows, he tried to focus in the darkness. What was that movement?
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 06:15   #417
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ooc/ as i was scanning through old threads i couldn't find any of them that actually ENDED, rather just ones that died. the story was made with the beginning and end in mind, and its all sort of been building up to it. but don't worry, the last day will probably take a while, as there will be a lot of things happening /ooc

ALL
The pharmacist enters the hotel with Gaunt, and closes the door behind him.

"Wow, looks like a slumber party over here........."

His tone quickly turns more serious.

"As you have undoubtedly noticed, the gang seems to have some awful things in mind. I'm leaving on my horse for the Marshalls that should be in San Francisco. Hopefully I'll be able to make it back with reinforcements before anything drastic happens. If anyone needs some weapons for self defense, check the chest under my bed. My room is the upstairs of the pharmacy."

He tosses a key to Rhys.

"That's the key to the front door. I'm sorry for barging in on you like this at this time of night, but something has to be done now, and you people are the only ones left in Coarsegold who think its worth all this trouble. When I came by I just saw someone going out the window with charcoal on their face. I figured it was one of the bandits, and feared the worst. When I saw it was Mr. Gaunt.........haha.......well, I figured it'd be better to step in and let you all know what was going on, since I probably got all of your attention. "

--Mark Twain
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 17:21   #418
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Gwendolyn turns her head a little as Alec enters, streaks of tears still on her cheeks and her eyes red from crying. Her hand reaching up to hold Rhy's hand as she forces herself to be the polite hostess. Waiting until he finishes talking, not quite grasping everything in her distress.
"Tha..Thank you for whatever you can do." Her voice cracking as she clears her throat and continues. "Thank you all of you. I know this isn't your home Mr. Fishbone and Arthur" She nods at each of them and turns to stand up. "Please, let me make you all some tea. Take the chill out of the night.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 21:51   #419
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Grabbing the keys as they come closer to him, Rhys nods at Alec.
"Well I suppose some good luck is in order then, I cant say I envy you in taht task but somthing ahs to be done I agree. I proble wont be the best going over to the pharmacy, sneaking around is not my thingit was shear luck taht helped last time when we went spying on the sheriff and the banker, that and therre was no curfew then either."
Unread 19 Jun 2004, 09:00   #420
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Novalis wadered back in unhurriedly.
"I don't think we need worry to much about sneaking- those cowboys aren't the sternest of guards. But you should come with us; it won't be safe here on your own come morning."
Unread 19 Jun 2004, 11:05   #421
Darkling

"You are assuming that the rets of this town is safe as it is, if anyhting here is one safest locations around. Besides I am not in the buisiness of abandoning my wife to go collect some guns, I have one around ehre somwhere I can dig up if need be."
Rhys looking over to Gwendoyln as she goes to make the tea, surley he could not just walk out to galavant outside on here now of all times it just was not right.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 11:03   #422
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

"Well if you're really sure, then i won't try and force you. But i would ask you to think of your safety."
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 12:31   #423
Darkling

"I am sure, fighting a running abttle on the streets limits everyones options. those who are not as used to wielding a gun as others, in particualr"
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 05:05   #424
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ALL
Alec listens for a moment before continuing.

"I'm afraid Mrs. Gwendolyn, that I don't have the time to stay for tea, so I must respectfully decline. But I'll be glad to take a raincheck. I wouldn't advise going out now for my pharmacy. As it is, the majority of you look like you are already armed. If Rhys has a gun here somewhere already, you're probably already good to go. I'd recommend getting as much sleep as possible before those bandits get started tomorrow. I should be back by tomorrow night with the Marshalls. Just hold out till then. Now then, if you have nothing further, I think it's time for me to go."

--Mark Twain
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 15:52   #425
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Be careful out there. That's all i'll say, as you obviously know what you're doing, but... please. Be careful.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:13   #426
Mad cat

arthur frowns a little at the mention of the marshals but quickly covers up his dissaproval, he nods to alec

well then you had better get moving

turns his attension back to the rest of the group

indeed, rhys you are right a gun battle in the street is a futile gesture, however, if we can split them apart our chances of success and ultimatly survival increace dramatically, i believe we must cause as mush damage to them tonight as we can, this will undoubtedly lower their moral confidence and numbers...

turns quickly to alec before he leaves

do you have any poisons or lethal substances?
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 20:01   #427
Fishbone

Tommy rubbed the stubble he had acquired, and looked around.

"So we're fighting tomorrow? Fine by me. I reckon they'll be comin' for us, so we should find somewhere to make a stand. Somewhere we can see them coming, and can retreat to pick up more firearms when ours run out. I have plenty of guns, so it isn't a problem for me. The hotel isn't ideal for this, as they could simply burn us out."
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 08:16   #428
Mad cat

in that case i reccomend we go to the mine, we'll have our whole rear covered by the hill, the entrance isnt very big and we'll have a sight advantage, you all should get there as quickly as possible and take as much as you can, food, water, something to sleep on, and mr gaunt, i might want to borrow your rifle tommorow morning
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 11:49   #429
Czar

Heh... You can borrow a gun or two- but NEVER the rifle....
ooc/ You hear this coming from the chimney-as That's where I said I was... Don't people Read anyome, these days? /ooc
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 14:01   #430
Fishbone

-ooc- lol, i had this image of a guy shouting down a chimney then... heh... -ooc-

"Hmmm. If we end up pinned down with a lack of ammo, we won't be able to run anywhere from the mine though. They could just camp outside and wait for us to starve."
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 17:50   #431
Mad cat

ooc- oh i actually forgot about that but i was tired so its ok-ooc

calls back up the chimeny

well alright, ill manage, but that scope of yours would make my job great deal easier

turns back to fishbone, smiles codesendingly and shakes his head

it wont come to that, because alec is bringing the marshals, or have you not been paying attention, however that does raise an interesting point, if we do run out of ammunition they might try to rush us

ooc- oi, i just heard, my grandfather died -ooc
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 01:34   #432
Czar

ooc/ My condolences. I hope he lived a rich life. /ooc
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 16:24   #433
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ooc/ ditto to that /ooc

ALL
Alec turns back to you as he reaches the door. "Poisons? Well almost everything in my pharmacy will kill you if you have enough of it. The only thing I can think of you might use is some of the water I took from the tower for testing. I have some nitrous oxide, but I don't know WHAT you would do with that. Either way, I wouldn't recommend going on a sniping spree. I get the feeling these guys don't work just for those two bit bandits, the Menendez brothers. I think something bigger is going on, in which case those thugs are probably more dangerous than we'd expect, especially without their real leader here to take control of them. Word is HE'LL be coming in tomorrow, meaning they'll have a little bit more restraint put on them............one would hope."

--Mark Twain
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 18:24   #434
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

[ooc] you and your family have my sympathy as well [/ooc]
"Can i just say- we would be safe in the mines, but nobody else in the town would be. How are we going to protect them? However much more restrained these fellows will be, they've still got those scaffolds..."
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 04:12   #435
Mad cat

ooc- i thank you all for your support -ooc

nods to alec

thanks, now you had better be going

looks at the preist in a mildly exasperated manner

the rest of the town is not our concern, the only person we really have to worry about is the mayor and most of the thugs are probably drunk, or at, the

looks absolutly disgusted

ladies house, and as to their training the mendez brothers were not at all professional, i doubt this gang is a great deal better... but we have to get the mayor out and he will be under guard
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 16:41   #436
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Novalis stares unbelievingly.
"How can you say that? The mayor will mean nothing if this town is depopulated, but every person here stands to lose something- their lives, if not just their livelihood. There's only one mayor, but how many hanging posts out there? The least we can do is to warn people what's going on, get them somewhere safe before this is dealt with!"
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 17:34   #437
Mad cat

that may be so, but the rest of the people have no use to them, they'll probably want to hang the mayor for whatever reason god knows what that is, but it only takes one bullet to make a noose usless
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 19:54   #438
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

"What do you mean "no use"? Are you honestly that heartless? I was going to offer confession before this night's dark work, but your words make me reconsider." Novalis stood there, stunned. Afetr a second's pause he continued.
"What reason do you have for fighting here, drifter? I fight for the people of my home. I hope you realise that no money will be offered for the blood you spill, only thanks, and the debt of their lives from those you save."
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 20:55   #439
Mad cat

arthure smiles faintly at the preists words

i know, i do not need money, i have more than enough of that, but i have taken an liking to some of the people, and my curiosity has been aroused, that is why i am helping you... in many ways i look foreward to tomorrow, but we must act soon

goes upstairs and changes into a black suit with black overcoat, he returns to the main floor and picks up his guns

i will go to the pharmacy, keep watch

stick his head into the fireplace and calls up

mr gaunt, if you see any of those thugs moving towards the pharmacy make some sort of call, like that of an owl

moves to the back door and begins to turn the knob
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:31   #440
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ALL
Alec puts his hat back on as he heads opens the door in front of Arthur. Quickly he closes it again.

"Did you see them? They seem to have a special interest in this place today."

He watches out the window for the guard to go around the corner. He runs out, leaps on his horse, and starts to gallop away as another guard comes around.

"HEY HEY! ONE OF THEMS GETTING AWAY!"

You hear some gunshots followed by a silent pause. Then the sound of rushing horses go by the front door. As one of the riders yells "We'll get him. Put double coverage on this hotel. NO ONE gets in or out till our show tomorrow! Understand?"

An obviously less ranking gang member affirms he understands, and the gaps between guards become few and far between.

--Mark Twain
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 05:50   #441
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

00C/ Please excuse the 0 as o. Keyb0ard issues and t00 lazy t0 fix it yet./00C

Gwend0lyn hands begin shaking as she listens t0 all the talk while making tea f0r n0 0ne in particular. She had been silent bef0re but all.the events had started t0 really get t0 her. The shaking bec0ming l0uder as Alec catches the n0tice 0f the gang. Letting 0ut a whimper, she m0ves t0ward the table t0 sit d0wn again. The gun sh0ts s0unding making her jump, dr0ppping the teacup t0 the fl00r causing it t0 shatter. Her mind a blur as she dr0ps t0 her knees t0 pick up the pieces 0ut 0f instinct in a daze 0f fear.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 08:30   #442
Mad cat

arthur had exited the building right after alec and had moved away from the town crouched low, when he heard the shouts and gunshots he stopped and faced the town to check for possible followers

damn, its going to be hard to get back in... i have to get to the pharmacy

begins moving silently foreward using any cover he finds and slowly approaches the pharmacy from behind
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:10   #443
Fishbone

Tommy raised his eyebrows and smiled at the hotel owners.

"And then there were three" he pointed up at the roof "And four if you include him. Seems we won't be going anywhere tonight, even if we wanted to. Not sure about you two, but I'm going to get a bit of sleep before tomorrow. Sounds like I'll need my wits about me".

Nodding at the two of them, Tommy went upstairs to his bedroom. A gun under his pillow, he soon fell asleep, ready to wake if needed.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:25   #444
Darkling

A worried glance at Gwendolyn as she drops the cup, going over to her.
"I have to argee with him their best we all get some sleep, we will all need our sense with us tommorow"
Graping his hands around Gwendolyn gentle to raise her and comfort gentle.
"Come one lets go and get some sleep, it will be alright we will get through this"
Moving out of the kitchen slowly leading Gwendolyn with him.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 23:11   #445
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
Out of sheer luck, you manage to avoid the guards patrols around town. Making it to the pharmacy, you pull on the door, only to find it is locked. Amazingly, you notice one of the side windows is open. You climb in the window managing to once again, avoid the guards patrols. Inside the pharmacy, you find the main room, stocked with medicines. Behind the counter, a door, presumably to the lab and bedroom, is visible.

--Mark Twain
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 07:22   #446
Mad cat

arthur, sweating a little after several close encounters with guards, sighs, and takes off his shoes, leaving them by the window he pads over to the lab door and passes through it, he takes a candle and lightes it, he begins taking stock of what is there, searching specifically for the nitrous oxide and a large enough heat scource

now, to see if that theory is correct
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 10:57   #447
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

Stretching his arms and neck, Simon lay his head on the table, and razor straight in front of him. Time for some sleep...
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 20:29   #448
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
You locate the nitrous oxide behind the counter, but find nothing else of interest in the room.

--Mark Twain
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 21:02   #449
Mad cat

arthur take s the bottle of gas and returns to the main room, he begins searching for something that will burn hotly
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:43   #450
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
Aside from the pharmacist's bunsen burner, you see nothing that would burn with excessive heat

--Mark Twain