User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 4 Jun 2004, 00:53   #501
Sivart

Sivart is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Gems Of Destruction

Sivart, dazed from being thrown back, skitteres back against the wall. Barely comprehending what is happening before him as the shadow jumps onto Eown, he quickly stands up and draws his dirk, though he scarcely believes that it will help. With his empty hand, he quickly starts to gesture, attempting to conjure his light right underneath the shadow being, seeing if it can help at all.
Sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 02:02   #502
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

"Hmm seems like somebody's got a bad case of 'Living in Times Long Past'."

Seeing as how the creature does not seem to be reacting to Thungarths comments about the slave situation being over, Zorro begins the ritual of blessing his sword in order to smite evil. As his sword glows with holy energy, he wonders if it will work as he speaks to the shadow.

"Sir, I suggest you take heed to the words of the dwarf. If not, I can not stand by and allow you to harm my friends any longer."

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 04:32   #503
PyRo`
Posts++;

PyRo` is an unknown quantity at this point

[ooc]Sorry about the delay and I apologise in advance for this weak reply [/ooc]

Qualme seeing no reason to jump blindly into a fight simply stands watching the others while remaining ready to dodge and evade any attack.

This could be interesting.
PyRo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 18:13   #504
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Others -

The creaure only hisses in respocne its voice coming sharply now.
"No talk, all where slaves, all slaves to time mortal life short. You grasp not what the past is"
Turning sharply to Sivart direction as it sesne the magical flow more than see it, Rolling itself into a ball almost throws itself at sivart.

Sivart -

As you start to for your spell the creature come tumbling towards you knocking you back for a second time, depsite its shadowy body it seme to shift between solid mass and nothing at will.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 19:45   #505
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro's blade now alight with holy energy, he hopes with all his soul it will make a difference on the shadow creature, as he watches it leap towards Sivart again.*

"Very well. It paineth me I must resort to such measures as this."

*Running over to the shadow, he swings his sword horizontally into it, watching to see if it has any effect*

--Mark Twain
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:12   #506
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Panting eown ducks backward, rolling to his feet once again, coming up between Sivart and the beast.

"Can you see. I'm not going to move. Now back away beast."

Eown glares at the beast, his eyes a cold, dull blue, radiant with power dlairing haphazardly within him. Smirking, he jestures toward the stairs.

"Leave, before I have time to think"/
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 12:48   #507
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
grinning slightly, Thungarth remembered the old storybooks about undead spirits used by the gods as guardians and hunters (greec mythology, beasts that can not be touched, for they shift between realities, they enter this one as they attack, and only then can they be harmed)

swinging his axe he yells out to the beast:

"hey you, over here!"

making some obscene gestures as soon as the beast turns it's gaze upon him, he grins, and prepares to evade and counterattack, turning sideways and in one fell swoop land his axe in the creature

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 20:52   #508
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
The elf simply glances up at you and speaks softly and seriously.

"One only has to be wary when one has something to fear."

Standing up simply and with agile from his position, he heads for the door and glances out. Seeing no one he slips down the hall and down the stairs silently and as quickly as he entered. Following him into the still near darkness and into an alleyway. The bustle of the city slowly starting behind you on the main streets unobservant of the two of you. The twists and turns seem innumerable until he finally stops at a dead end and utters a small spell. The illusion dropping for a moment to reveal a sort of store front. The image only lasts a second but you glimps a sign in elven although the image doesn't last long enough for you to read it.
The elf finally turns back to you giving a little grin. "I told you we had to keep hidden" then gestures for you to follow him through the "wall". Taking a step you see the sigh cleary now...TRAVEL SERVICES.

Opening the door the elf steps inside and calls out. "Tarellyn, I have brought the young one."

A inner door creaks open as a very elderly looking elf enters of room. His hair a grey, his eyes tired, his face covered in wrinkles. Usually age did not affect elves but something had happened to this one. Tarellyn takes a seat slowly and carefully before speaking, his voice cracking with age.

"Ah Miveron, welcome and welcome to you as well Nibimacarion. Please sit. I see you finally wish to return to our lands. You took longer than most."
Nibimacarion quickly glanced around the small room as he sat down. "Unlike most however I do intend to come back to these lands when I have found what I'm looking for, but I'm certain my reasons are not what you wish to hear."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 18:18   #509
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

The flurry of attack forces the creature back, letting out a snarl and hiss. Its body phasing to avoid the blows, Swinging its mass about to strech its clawed hands out fully. Thworing its body into the back of the wall, disapering out of sight.

Zappa -

A sharp pain goes up your leg, feeling a unwavering strength. Finding yourself being flung hard into the wall with a forcefull thump, the creature emerging out of the spot your former shadow was.

Zorro -

The second the creature appers before you just after swinging the dwarf into a wall with ease, its grasp reaches out for you. Grabbing both your arms before you have time to react, starting to rench them apaprt as it take all your effort to fight back, your arms feeling dull and weak to its touch.

Heiro -

The room seem in dimsay as this creature obviously is not palying, easly throwing the drawf and wrestling zorro's arms apart threatening to break snap them like dry twigs.

ooc - apolagise for delay just not been with it much the last few days, so waited till I had at least a half decent idea on how to continue this fight. Though it is still a rather mediocure reply at best.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 19:17   #510
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
growling deeply as he flies trough the air, Thungarth flexes his muscles, shrugging off the impact as he touches the wall, then lands on his feet and attacks the beast's arms with his axeblade

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 03:33   #511
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro watches in dismay as the axe comes swinging towards the shadows arm.*

"Whoa now, let's make sure we've got some precision swinging here!"

*Zorro attempts to move the creature more into the axe's path by rocking/rolling in that direction, hoping a well landed shot will get the beast off him. After all, this arm breaking situation wasn't exactly his cup of tea*

--Mark Twain
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 07:32   #512
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

I'm a dwarf, I never miss

Unread 9 Jun 2004, 17:07   #513
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
Nibimacarion quickly glanced around the small room as he sat down. "Unlike most however I do intend to come back to these lands when I have found what I'm looking for, but I'm certain my reasons are not what you wish to hear."
Miveron exchanges glances with Tarellyn, confirming each are silently commenting on Nibimacarion's youthful nievity and impatience. Tarellyn's gaze returns to Nibimacarion, voice continuing to crack with age.
"You have reasons to return just as we have reasons we shall never leave the human lands. We all must do what we must for our past sins." His gaze growing more intently on you. "We all must carry the burdeon. We..."

Miveron remains silent though this, hearing this conversation many times before, he became lost in thought, finally contemplating what it all means. It had been so long he had deluded himself into thinking he was being noble staying in the humans lands, but it was time to face his past. Gazing up, he cuts off Tarellyn, speaking softly. "I shall be returning as well my old friend."

Tarellyn looks at Miveron with a look of shock and worry but as he gazes into Miveron's eyes he understands. Nodding he continues. "You appear to have a travelling companion now, young one."

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 20:47   #514
Heiro
'Mael'

"Perhaps, Qualme can kill it." Eown shouts over the noise of combat.
"In the dark, perhaps. It uses our shadows. And we have to attack as it attacks, there is no other way. It phases in to attack. We need to hit it then."

Eown lowers himself neatly into an eagle stance, flicking his body low to the ground and closing his eyes. He allows his mind to wander, creating an illusion of elsewhere, to attempt to act on his gut reactions. Waiting until the creature strikes again, he charges his hands, focusing his inner strength to his hands.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 00:55   #515
Sivart

/ooc Sorry, haven't been checking as much as I need to /ooc

Sivart shakily gets to his feet and backs away from the fighting. Watching as the beast goes against Thungarth and Eown in turn, he suddenly gets an idea...whether it is smart or suicidal, he has know clue. Glancing back at the table, he rushes to the closed book, opens it, and starts reading again, wondering if it might assist in getting rid of the beast.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 05:24   #516
PyRo`
Posts++;

“Perhaps I can, but I see no reason to, this creature is not my enemy nor is it my ally and after all we are trespassing in it's domain, it has every right to attack us, I'd do the same, except you wouldn't get the chance to fight back. I am not here to be a hero, I have no desire to risk my life to save others or to die needlessly in the futile crusade against evil, if this makes me a coward so be it, besides I'm sure the dwarf would be ashamed to fight along side me.”

Qualme says calmly not moving from his position.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 10:31   #517
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

you complete and utter idiot, you too are tresspassing... after dealing with this lowly fiend, I'll have your head

Unread 10 Jun 2004, 15:09   #518
PyRo`
Posts++;

"My good dwarf I am aware of that, but the creature has shown no interest in me so I have no reason to fight it, where as you on the other hand have given me yet another reason for me to fight you, but I have no desire to fight a dwarf whos axe would not be able to get within a foot of me."
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 16:48   #519
Darkling

Zorro -

The Creature holds its grasp as the axe come s down, easily cleaving through its now solid figure, with a disturbing lack of blood. The rended limb simple disapearing into nothing, though lleaving little enough time for it to snap back your other wrist as you hear a crack and a shooting pain move up your wrist blanking out anything else.

Zappa -

You bring your axe down defly, managing to catch one of its arms. The combined weight and your strenght shattering past its hardned form. Despite the loss of a limb it doesnt stop its assualt againt zorro's other arm a crack being ehard seconds later. Turning its gaze witha snarl onto Sivart as he takes a look at the contents of the book once more. Ignoring you comeplty, putting itself of gaurd it runs towards the Sivart with lightning speed, snatching the book from his grasp with its one free arm throwing it across the room snarling arngly.
"No read, dark knowledge"
Its amss puasing for breifest second before reaching tis hand into Sivarts chest

Sivart -

As you scarmlble to read contents of the book for some clues, you find it being taken from your grasp by a powerfull tug, the large tome being thrown across the room barly missing your head. The snarling wors of creature almost piercing your mind
"No read, dark knowledge"
His hand moving in a blur as it look as though its going collide with your chest, passing through it you feel a crsuhing force around your heart causing you to stand there stunned and paralised, a cold lieless feeling moving through your veins.

Pyro/Heiro

Within a matter of secodns the battle seem to turn into ahive of chaos, from the assualt with the axe to the creatures assualt on Sivart all the evnts sem,eing to play out in some madmans play.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 17:07   #520
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro staggers to his feet, clutching his arm*

"Ow! That's gonna leave a mark in the morning.........."

*Recovering his sword from the ground, he sees the beast attacking Sivart*

"Sinister fiend of the underworld, let's see how HE likes having his limbs assaulted."

*Running up behind the Shadow, Zorro slashes his sword again, aiming for the beasts remaining arm*

"What is that book?*

--Mark Twain
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 17:09   #521
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

filthy animal... taking heavy abuse of the situation, Thungarth attacks the beast again, his feet moving faster than any dwarven feet have ever moved before, reaching the beast, and sivart, in mere seconds. the blade of the axe shimmers for a split second as it comes down, cutting trough the other arm as it goes into Sivart, then, in a suddon swing to the left, the axe is brought trough the creature's rump, amischieveous grin appearing on Thungarth's face as he sees that, once again, he was right. The creature can be harmed while it's attacking... the axe continues it's circle and comming back, full force, in a downwards spiral trough the neck of the beast and away from Sivart

Unread 11 Jun 2004, 17:36   #522
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme smiles.

“Perfect... Chaos...”

Darting over to the fallen book he swoops it up with his left hand midstride, noting that the creature seems preoccupied for the next few seconds at least he turns while partially drawing his sword and heads for the stairs with the book.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 14:13   #523
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown leaps to meet Qualme, his eyes flickering open and his fists glowing with a cold, encompasing rage. Lashing out, he aims for the small of Qualmes back, before kicking at his sword to disarm him.

"Running off, eh lad."
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 16:27   #524
PyRo`
Posts++;

Stumbling a little from the attack Qualme spins round raising the book to meet Eown's head side on before aiming a round house kick at Eown's chest.

“Foolish old man, you'd be better focusing your attention on those who wish to kill you, the creature wishes to prevent anybody reading whatever is written in this book which means either it contains the key to destroying this beast or some ancient knowledge that this creature has to guard for eternity either way this book is more valuable to the creature than your pitiful existence.”
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 17:09   #525
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown's arm flies up and blocks the tome.Surpressing a grunt of pain, he smiles lightly, before leaping forward, inside the reach of Qualme's foot. Spotting the kick, Eown leans to his right, and due to clever positioning, watches Qualmes foot hit the solid rock of the tunnel wall. Nimbly smashing his fist into qualme's leg, Eown stops, and grasps the tome in one hand, before attempting to snatch it clear

"The point, young man, is this. We travel as a group. This, usually leads to us fighting as a group. You show such cameradery, it's touching."

Eown looks up the stairs, before pointing at the people in the combat.

"If you wish to leave like a common thief, then I won't stop the dwarf killing you like one."
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 18:27   #526
Darkling

Zorro/Zappa -

through the flurry of attacks the beast collapses onto its knee's, missing one arm the other cut shorter than it should be. Its body obviusly giving out from the strain of the contious blows.
"Failure shall not come yet"
The lasts words it speaks coming harslyand cryptic, throwing itself in one last attempt to subdue Sivart. Pinning its weight onto him as it drives its stump of an arm into his body once more.

Pyro/Heiro

As you fight amongst yuorself you catch sight of the creature making a final lunge depsite its injured state, it wont last much longer from the look of it. Making little effort to get to the tome now focusing entirly on Sivart alone.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 18:32   #527
Heiro
'Mael'

"So, you were wrong as well. It's after things which have the knowledge, not the knowledge itself."

Taking the book, which he now holds in his left hand, and raising it to a torch, he waits to see the reaction
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 18:39   #528
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

growling with rage, Thungarth takes a small step back and forces his body to swing to the left, the axe moves downwards slightly as the dwarf's body spins around it's axis, the blade of the heavy waraxe following his motion, going up suddonly, when it neared Sivart's head, and impacting with the shadowcreature's neck once more, cutting straight trough...

RAAAAAAAAGH

Thungarth, satisfied with the damage he had inflicted upon the beast, calmed down somewhat, and turned his attention on more urgent matters... the coward... the weakling... the corpse... then suddonly, he remembered hearing a familiar voice, that, tough blacked out by the frenzy of battle, had lingered on in his memory:

"If you wish to leave like a common thief, then I won't stop the dwarf killing you like one."

grinning slightly, he turned around, his axe already on his back again, his shortbow in hand, an arrow on the string.

"you will leave us and our queste, Qualme. We have no use for a coward such as yourself. All you are, is dead weight"

Unread 12 Jun 2004, 18:48   #529
PyRo`
Posts++;

Ignoring the dwarf Qualme picks up his fallen sword and shealths it before turning to Eown .

"I have no intention in running like a thief, nor do I wish to fight with you, but if you leave me no choice I will kill you."

Last edited by PyRo`; 12 Jun 2004 at 18:58.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 18:51   #530
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*releases the string, sending the arrow searing trough the air, and into Qualme's right shoulder, the strenght high enough to pinn him to the wall, which it did*

after releasing the string, Thungarth grabbed his axe again, ready for whatever was still lurking about... the shadowcreature could not have been this "test"... it was nothing

Last edited by Zappa Tenderlea; 12 Jun 2004 at 18:57.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:04   #531
Darkling

Everyone -

The creaturen slumps forwards, its body falling onto Sivart, phasing through him in its diseperance. Leaving no remains to be seen or any signs of its existance at all.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 19:53   #532
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme grunts as he pulls the arrow out of his shoulder while reaching into his cloak with his left hand, he produces a small round object which he drops at his feet along with the arrow, the chamber promptly fills with thick grey smoke. Silently darting across the room Qualme stop for a moment behind the dwarf, drawing his dagger he slashes down the dwarfs' right cheek narrowly missing his eye before darting up the staircase to make his way to the exit before the dwarf has a chance to react.
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 20:42   #533
Darkling

Heiro/Zorro/Zappa/Sivart -

After the breif encoutner the tombs simple stands in bute silence, the sound of the wind the only remaints of any sound as the smoke clears. Causing you to caugh as you force it from your lungs, some dusts hangs in the air slwoly drifitng down to the ground lifelessly, disurbed by the recent fighting and movment.

Pyro -

As you reach the top of the stairs as silently as you are able, the pain shooting up your shoudler from the wound. Feeling the fabric around it become soaked with blood as it sickly hangs to your skin. The wind outside whsiltes pasts in a constant rush, the rain aparntly giving way to silent darkness. Clamerbing yourself out of the tombs entrance somhow the graveyard looks more appealing after visitng that solitary tomb. Glancing voer your good shoudler cautisly for any sight of pursiut, finding only the eyeless gaze of a long dead theif look at you from its corner.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:57   #534
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme clutches his left shoulder in pain, he stops for a moment in the graveyard to consider his options, after realising he's in no state to go back and fight them he heads to the cover of the nearby forest.

[ooc]Eeep another weak reply [/ooc]
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 03:49   #535
Sivart

/ooc Sorry I'm slow again. I'm working on keeping up /ooc

Sivart suddenly twitches and looks around as the dead beast flows through him for the last time. Glancing up where Thungarth is standing, now turned with his bow, he barely catches the movement of Eowyn as he
drops a cover bomb. Once the smoke has settles, he looks around once more and slowly stands up, leaning against the wall for support and rubbing his chest. Glancing around once more at what state the chaos has left the room in, he asks "So...could we try something other than protected books to look through next time...please?"
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 03:58   #536
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

you're welcome...

*grunting, Thungarth turns to look at the exit of the tomb*

after we kill the dragonlady... I'm going hunting...

Unread 13 Jun 2004, 05:28   #537
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro watches in silence as the in party hostilities increase to violence, and the exile of Qualme, who had been the first to arrive at his farm.*

"Pity..........surely his powers could have been of great use. Had his goals not been based on himself alone, he would have made a formidable ally. As the wise woman said, unity is the answer. Surely we can spare no more dissensions in what has now become a joint quest for us all. If anyone is in need of healing, I happen to know a thing or two."

*Focusing his hand over cracked arm, light seems to eminate from his hand until it engulfs his arm. As the light dies down, Zorro swings his arm in a circle to test it out.*

"Ah, good as new. If anyone else is wounded, speak now."

*Turning to the spot where the shadow monster had fallen, he ponders*

"What was that beast trying to protect?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 11:38   #538
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown pulls the book, partially burning, from the torch flame. Smiling, he puts it out and throws it to Zorro.

"This, apparently. And anyone who had imformation from it. Likely you, Sivart."

Eown then turns and walks up the stairs, slowly but not cautiously.

"I'll be outside, I can't stand this cramped room"
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 12:08   #539
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

should we not explore this crypt more toroughly before we make our leave? I strongly doubt that this was the test... too easy.

Unread 13 Jun 2004, 12:11   #540
Heiro
'Mael'

"feel free. I need some air, is all. Not to mention to see if the assasin around, waiting. Or if he ran. That smoke, and this room, make me nervous."
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 04:45   #541
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Indeed. If the assasin is to continue on his own, at the very least I should heal him and restore him to full strength. It looked as though he'll have a scar as it is. Not that he didn't deserve it, but unity comes through forgiveness......no one is perfect. Eown, if you don't mind I believe I'll step outside with you."

*Zorro looks down at the book the shadow seemed to be defending. Opening the book as he walks toward the entrance, he scans the pages for anything that might give a clue as to what the creature was protecting.*

--Mark Twain
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 18:21   #542
Heiro
'Mael'

"No, Feel free. I'm not worried for his safety, but you're right, still, Fresh air."

Eown strides up the stairs and out into the night, catching his breath and holding his arm from the impacts.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 18:47   #543
Darkling

Pyro -

Heading aimlessly into the forsts deoths avoding the nearby town for now, The night seem to be falling into silence. Dark shadows are all that guide your random path any peace you may have had broken by a sudden voice at your side.
"Seems you have gottne yourself a little lost there, these woods are best not travelled at night many fowl acccidents have befallen ronin alike. There was a time when they where not so a long tim ago now long before your time"
Though the fgure remains cloaked in the night as though it is a second skin to them, their vocie reminds you of the one outside the tomb.

Heiro -

Welcoming the feel of the wind briuhsing agisnt your cheeks, a cold natrual chill present in the air. The assasin appears to have disapered from any sight, a freind of the darkness indeed it seems.

Zorro -

Scanning throuhg the various pages, most of it making little sense to even yor paladin senses. Though you guess it would be an ancient and complex spell tome outlining shapes and forms that seem infeseted with darkness. The cold wind bittign at your exposed skin causing you to look away to see how the night envelopes all outside making travel viruatly impossible right now.

Zappa/Sivart -

Lookign about the tmb reveal little else of value besides the diary and the Tome, and the few scattered silver coins. Little value appers to be present within the tombs walls, if there was any to begin with. Magic grants little in the way of meterial wealth, as it appears to be in this example. Only rotting wood and aging parchments seem in abundance here.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 19:04   #544
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*sigh*

I guess this really was it... to think that figure of last night promised us a challenge... as I tought, we should not have wasted our time here, and just pressed on...

*sighing again, Thungarth followed Zorro and Eown out of the tomb*

Last edited by Zappa Tenderlea; 14 Jun 2004 at 19:24.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 19:58   #545
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Sparks flew as the two swords met and parted. Pain flashed down his right arm. Gritting his teeth and bearing it, Cathan raised his sword favouring his left and uninjured arm slightly. He gulped air and his right eye squeezed shut involuntarily as sweat ran into it.

“My name is Cathan.” The swords-tip barely wavered as he released the large weapon with his right hand, holding it with left arm alone as he wiped his forehead. Cathan resumed his two-handed grip and stared impassively at the creature before him.

“Yours is?” he glanced over at the headless, bloody corpse. “… And his?”

Adjusting his grip slightly, Cathans eyes never dropped from his opponent’s shadowed face as he circled; A few paces and the corpse was between them. He watched his opponent, looking for any signs that his guard had lowered, even a tiny bit. Nothing.

He ran forward, using the huge bestial corpse as a platform, he leapt into the air swinging the sword in a deceptively simple diagonal arc. The blow was useless in open battle since it left him wide-open but against a single opponent it left only three options: to block, to dodge or a suicidal counterattack. The diagonal nature of the stroke meant that one couldn’t simply dodge a single step left, or indeed right, and counter from there. And the force of the blow had sheared a horse and rider almost in two on the single occasion his opponent had been too slow to dismount.

As expected, his opponent dodged backwards. With muscle-wrenching effort Cathan stopped his blade before it smashed into the cobbles of the street and then allowing his momentum to carry him forwards he brought the blade up in a disembowelling strike. His shoulder flared in agony as the two swords met once again.

Having this strike blocked left Cathan in a very unstable and vulnerable position. Roaring with the exertion he leant forward with all his strength and headbutted the hooded figure. Lights flashed in front of his eyes but he ignored them and used the moment of distraction to take a step backwards. Remembering the corpse behind him he circled again, a few steps to the left, ignoring the blood now mixed with the sweat that ran down his face…

OOC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Short, but that's how PvP should be done, lots of short posts. And kinda crap... Which isn't how anything should be done... But that's how it is. So

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - /OOC

Last edited by Spritely Zombie; 14 Jun 2004 at 20:06.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 21:09   #546
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro stuffs the book in his satchel and stands outside next to Eown*

"Well, it appears as if the assasin is long gone. Travel will be difficult at this time, but I dont know if camping in the tomb is our best option either. What say you?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 22:03   #547
PyRo`
Posts++;

“How can I be lost if I don't care where I am or where I am going?”

Qualme asks as he stops and turns.

“I am touched that you're so concerned about my safety, but I can assure you, I'm not accident prone. May I be of some assistance to you or are you just checking up on my well being?”
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 22:23   #548
Darkling

Zappa/Zorro - Waitng on Heiro and sivart

Pyro -

You almost pick up a faint hollow chuckle.
"A curious answer from a curious man, but an imptaitent man though. I am not so far remvoed from reality that I do not take carefull consideration in my actions. Take for example that tomb, it may appear as though little was gained from it, but experince brings its own rewards there is more to the world before us besides money, welath, fand fighting. More than most I unerstand the concept of death and life, its fickle whims you might say."
Shirting unsene about the mass of darkness the figure stads on the spot he seme to have chosen for now.
"Though or an impaitent man talks of what is and what could be mean little, though your welcome to prove me wrong on that account a suprise now and then makes a change. I may have a propesition for you though before I propose it I wish to know your thoughts on the fellow adventurers?"
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 00:10   #549
Sivart

Sivart nods and slowly follows Thungarth out of the tomb to stand with him, Eown, and Zorro.
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 01:16   #550
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme lets out a hearty laugh.

“A thief, a dwarf, a farmer and an old man what chance do they have of killing the great Dragonsjem, the thief is young and full of foolish ideals, he has a few flashy tricks, but he is none the less weak, the dwarf is a typical dwarf who thinks he's indestructible and would rather die than run from a fight, the farmer is weak, possibly the weakest of the lot for he fights for others rather than himself, he would cut out his own heart and eat it to protect his family and his precious village and as for the old man, well he's well rather interesting, he seems to fight best when drunk and is the most powerful of the lot, he fights for ghosts and I doubt he'll give up till he's dead, but he is still old, his body must be growing weaker by the day. They're not even worth me killing, why waste my energy on them when they actively seek out death, if they continue on their foolish quest their deaths are inevitable, they will achieve nothing.”