User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 00:04   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Walking, the perils

So i walked some of the west highland way today. The smallest proportion (Inverarnan to Crainlarich, 7 miles), but it took ****ing ages. Funny as well, because i walked southbound from Bridge Of Orchy to Crainlarich (14 miles) and it was only marginally a "longer" walk in terms of time/enjoyment. (we also took a 4 mile accidental detour that time and ended up in the grampian mountains). I'm fitter now than i've probably ever been so that doesnt really make sense either.

I would definitely be up for doing the whole thing some day. Its 95 miles, and probably takes 8 days (indeed, if anyone on GD would be game for it, give me a PM whenever). Walking is good fun, it takes you away from various stresses. But more than anything, it makes you appreciate coca-cola, burgers, bad internet jokes and showers even more than usual

However, there are bad things Actually WALKING, sucks. Its fun to go "oh hey this is good" for about an hour before you keep checking the maps and wondering how far youve gone. Once you realise you arent super man and you arent walking at awesome space, and actually, yes, hiking is as hard work as its meant to be and the fact you were acing it is probably because you just ****ing started.

Also some bits are ****ing great like all the waterfalls and the like your like o hey a waterfall this is great. Then you're walking in a ****ing field next to a road for 2 hours and you're like oh hey an A Road with a few cars on it, a few hills that were impressive 2 hours ago but are now boring and stones underfoot that keep tripping me up and hurting my feet.

And your map exaggerated landmarks - so has to make up for it by underestimating the straights - so the boringest part of your walks last for ages, much longer than you have to.

You get sunburnt to ****.

Insects bite you all over the place including insects youve never seen before. The WHW in particular is covered in midges, which makes it nearly impossible to enjoy yourself - or even stop walking for 2 seconds.

But the worst part is

I have ****ing thigh rash again and i'm walking round like the most feminine guy in the prison, because theres actually no ****ing skin left on my thighs, it all got chaffed away

Talcum powder can only fix so much

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote