User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 20 Dec 2002, 09:14   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
buying a new videocard, which one geeks?

I am thinking of a

Nvidia Gforce4 Ti4200 64 mb.

or a

Gigabyte ATi Radeon 9000Pro 64 MB TV-out/DVI/Retail

or

or Hercules ATi Radeon 7500 AllinWonder 64 MB TV-out/DVI/Retail

Anyone has experiences with these cards? I've heard a lot of good things about the Radeons for pure speed but also that they give some problems regarding to compatibility and such.

Maybe it's good to know that I have a system of a P3 800 mhz.
I also could just go for the Gforce4 MX440 64 MB but I've heard from several people that you shouldnt buy the MX versions.
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 09:22   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
New penalty: Random thread title editing if you post in the wrong forum.

The nVidia or the Radeon 9000 btw.
The nVidia also has DVI/TV out - it's standard on all GF4 Ti's.
Out of all those you listed, I think the nVidia is the most powerful without checking.
Which I'm not going to do.

Bwahaha!

Unread 20 Dec 2002, 16:03   #3
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
the Ti4200 is easily the fastest out of the 3, but would be more expensive, forget the R7500.

What is the listed prices for the Ti4200 and the R9000pro?
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 21:21   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I just saw the i4200 128MB for 175 euro. I think I go get that one next month.
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 23:43   #5
SnaarffiE

SnaarffiE is an unknown quantity at this point
i got ti4200 for £100
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 00:29   #6
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently got a Radeon 8500 which blisters along but is a bitch for compatibility. It plays new stuff fine, and causes no problems with Windows, but older games do not like it one bit :O/

A Geforce4 TI will shame your system. Bear this in mind when you go to run Doom III, that your processor will be the bottleneck.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 12:39   #7
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
I just saw the i4200 128MB for 175 euro. I think I go get that one next month.

where ?
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote