User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Mar 2006, 09:23   #1
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Rocking my Final Evaluation

I'm working at some institute where old half dead people can spend the rest of their lives.

Anyway, I work their temporary, helping them with their organisation a bit for studypoints.

I've been sick for a while, so they told me I haven't done 'enough' yet if I want to pass this study year
That didn't sound unreasonable to me so I agreed to do the things i'm supposed to do
So they gave me a few days to prove myself, and otherwise i'm out
I've talked to the examcommision and stuff and i've found out this really is my last chance

Ofcourse i wasn't gonna let that chance slip, the work i have to do is great fun and it will certainly pay very well after my study

Anyway, today was the only day my instructor/study counsiler, or whatever the word is, is at my work
He was going to judge me about my performance
So I decided to do alot of extra work to show them how good i am

The nurses, docters, fysiotherapists and other disciplines that work their all have their own scedules and note that in down in different places
They seriously have disputes about it on a daily basis
So i made a nice flyer for in the central office where you can see which patient needs to get helped when and for what so that all disciplines can more easily work togheter
I also made a document where you can quickly read up what which patient has, what it is and how he should be treated
And some nice hygienic protocols since alot of people seem to have their own idea's about hygiene,
nobody cares about such a protocol, but its nice for my points anyway
I also made everything i had to turn in for school, which is alot
All the extra stuff I made is all next years study material so they would have to let me ace this one right, since i'm just fkin good

So last night, I decided to go to bed at 19:00 instead of my normal times
I would have 3 hours playtime in the morning
I got four alarm clocks to wake me up
Everything planned perfectly, to pass the evaluation conversation

Still I managed wake up 2 hours to late for my evaluation
I slept 12 hours, so half in panic I searched my phone to call my instructor or student counsilor or at least someone that could make a difference
But my phone seems to be empty and the charger is gone, just now..
I had it yesterday but now it suddenly seems to have dissapeared
All the phone numbers I need are in my mobile
It's certain their gonna fail me now, after all the talks i've had

I will get kicked from my study, i will have to pay back my student scholarship
I proberbly will have to work a long time for it
I won't be allowed to do other study's on this level
I won't get my perfect job, with low stress and much money
So basicly I just lost my future

The worst part is proberbly that i will have to face my family soonish
My brother just got his master in finance, and will look down on me forever
And my parents are gonna kill me for this, since i've always been one of the brightest people around

I'm not even stressed or frustrated about it, I think i just lost all hope
I could apply to the army or something, as an officer, but I dont think i'm healthy enough for it

Anyway I got 3 weeks left at work, I know the people that are supposed to judge me well enough
that it will be impossible to prove myself anymore now
Their very punctual people and I already managed to get every exception possible
And they already warned me for appearing uninterested...

I'm wondering if it's even worthwhile to even go to work now...
If I start working on a real job now then at least I can start paying back my scholarship goddamnid
I've done everything I had too, worked hard for it for years, and now i'm just getting screwed over by serie of unfortunate events
I've got no idea what I will or can do now...
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 09:29   #2
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice
Re: Rocking my Final Evaluation

Oye. Seems as though life sucks, and then you die.

Guess you can hope for reincarnation, so you can give 'er another shot eh!
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 09:33   #3
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

It wouldn't be so bad if I was born a loser
But i'm like.. near perfect.. this shouldn't be happening to me!!1

God is a fkin prankster
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 09:35   #4
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

Never run away. Go and face them.

Althought .. you overslept? wtf?
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 09:42   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Never run away. Go and face them.

Althought .. you overslept? wtf?
Oversleeping doesn't sounds like a big deal, but it is in this situation...

Imagine a group of 3 very punctual people with overinflated ego's
traveling for an hour to judge a very uninterested person
Who they've warned before
And he doesn't shows up, nor calls

They said to me in our last conv: We don't care if you get your paper or not
You have to prove yourself to us, if you don't do it, then thats fine by us
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 09:53   #6
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Oversleeping doesn't sounds like a big deal, but it is in this situation...

Imagine a group of 3 very punctual people with overinflated ego's
traveling for an hour to judge a very uninterested person
Who they've warned before
And he doesn't shows up, nor calls

They said to me in our last conv: We don't care if you get your paper or not
You have to prove yourself to us, if you don't do it, then thats fine by us
That's what I meant. You ruined your shot for oversleeping?

that's dumb dude

am i rite?
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 09:58   #7
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
That's what I meant. You ruined your shot for oversleeping?

that's dumb dude

am i rite?
Yeah, but I did everything to keep it from happening
It's just ridiculous
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 10:07   #8
Alessio
deserves a medal

I'm thinking about reporting myself sick now for 10 days,
After which my working contract can be voided

Which would mean I didn't finish it and I theoreticly didnt get evaluated
and then i might be able to legally force my school to give me another chance

But looking at the time I've got left that would be a real close one
And might not be realistic.. as I would have to discuss it with all parties in time

And it would be obvious abuse of my contract

I wish I could get a professional opinion on that

Last edited by Alessio; 21 Mar 2006 at 10:13.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 10:18   #9
Alessio
deserves a medal

lol, I should have stayed in lawschool
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 10:28   #10
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i cant believe you sat and typed this when you were two hours late instead of running as fast as you could to explain your situation and show what you had done yesterday.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 10:30   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm thinking about reporting myself sick now for 10 days
This sounds like a bit of a faggot plan tbh.

Also...you slept through four alarm clocks? What?

p.s. If you're any good they will almost certainly give you another chance (unless they're totally unreasonable). However, given your posts in this thread (and in general) this seems unlikely.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 10:45   #12
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm thinking about reporting myself sick now for 10 days,
After which my working contract can be voided
Worth a try before you give away so much work and time put into your education ....
i cant believe you miss such an important thing though

very interesting is that the first thing you try is to search help for help on GD and not directly call someone who might be able to help you directly ... or see a doctor as you suggested yourself.

if you already used all exceptions and favours possible you are in a very bad position now ...

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 10:46   #13
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, but I did everything to keep it from happening
It's just ridiculous
As much as i sympathise with you and hope it works out - you didnt do "everything" to keep it from happening.

When i had really important dates like that during my study, i was using at least 3 different alarm clocks, i replaced the batteries of 2 of them in advance. I drank like 2 liter of water before going to bed, this will make your body wake up after some hours. The alarmclocks wherent close to where i sleep and usually one was a radioclock going off some minutes after the normal ones and beeing set as loud as possible (this makes your neighbours part of your wakeup plan . I would ask a friend to phone me 30 minutes after this and if i dont respond, he would come over and break into my apartment I watched my food and medicine before such dates. If you think you have a problem overhearing things anyway - attach a handy with vibration alarm to your wrist. Offer your neighbours 10 pounds if they catch you sleeping 30 minutes after your wakeup time.

You had no backup of the important phone numbers in advance on a safe place (PAPER is safer then 2 digital copies), if the numbers where stored on your Sim card (which they should be) you could simply ask somebody with a working handy to let you use it with your sim card to make a call or write down the number. Did you run into the next phone shop and try to buy a replacement battery? or if you have no clue about it technically just explain that you REALLY REALLY need the numbers on there and offer them money do help you. There are several ways of finding numbers if you lost them - the obvious way would be to phone somebody else who knows the persons or knows somebody who has their numbers. Make sure other people notice that you really try to get in contact - that at least helps if you ultimately cant make it.

etc. etc. - yeah im paranoid but beside the other mistakes i did in my studying - i never overslept or didnt make it to an important date.

In your current situation you should consider doing whatever it takes to get another chance if its as important to you as it sounds. That might involve driving to each of the 3 persons and personally admitting that you screwed up and that you know you already asked for too much but you wouldnt be there if it _wasnt that utterly important to you and your further life_. Do not make that by telephone because thats not showing how important it is to you. Make sure they DO notice that you arent uninterested, make sure you arent just a failed number for them but somebody which went to extraordinary length to fix a complete screwup and admit that you screwed it up (its obvious to them anyhow).

Dont report sick, dont avoid facing them, dont run away, dont go working somewhere else if this means anything to you. Otherwise you will just re-affirm them that you are just uninterested.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 12:04   #14
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm not even stressed or frustrated about it, I think i just lost all hope
I could apply to the army or something, as an officer, but I dont think i'm healthy enough for it
Maybe you should just try out the foreign legion. Or turn to crime!

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 12:09   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

You should have had a glass or two of water before going to bed so that you'd wake up more quickly and easily in the morning.

Its your fault tbh.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:15   #16
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i havent read any of this yet but i think it's cool how everything you post is in stanzas
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:40   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This sounds depressingly like something I would do

Sucks dude, although im not sure how you slept for 12 hours after going to sleep at 7pm, did you get up really early that day or something?

It just doesn't seem likely, especially with 4 alarm clocks.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 16:00   #18
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmaticks
Maybe you should just try out the foreign legion. Or turn to crime!
crime pays.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 19:35   #19
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

How do you sleep thru 4 alarm clocks?

What a dumbass! You deserve what you get.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 20:19   #20
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
This sounds depressingly like something I would do

Sucks dude, although im not sure how you slept for 12 hours after going to sleep at 7pm, did you get up really early that day or something?

It just doesn't seem likely, especially with 4 alarm clocks.
At least you could blame it on the drugs and would have had a good time to show for it.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 20:34   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
At least you could blame it on the drugs and would have had a good time to show for it.
I don't think i've ever actually done anything as bad as that.

Drug or not

poor allessio, and he sounds like such a sensible chap too.