User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 19 Jun 2003, 17:38   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
.svr?

download a film in a winrar archice, extracted it to the bin and cue files and tried to burn it. it burned ok, but when i tried opening the mpeg it just took ages and eventually stopped responding.

there was a file called blahblah.svr among the rar files and was wondering what it was and if it was why i didn't get it working
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 17:46   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
More details?
What kind of size is it?
What's in it if you open it in wordpad?

Archives are often supplied with MD5 checksum files so that you can veryify the files you've got match what was at the remote machine and havn't gotten corrupted.
For example, many files supplied in split volumes (eg. in 15Mb chunks - movie.000, movie.001, etc) will come with a file called movie.sfv (split file volume) which contains an MD5 checksum for each chunk.
SFV programs read this to verify the files before appending them back together into the single original.

Unread 19 Jun 2003, 17:59   #3
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
.svr contains info about the rar

search google for daemon tools, use it to make a virtual cd off the .cue/.iso u have, and try playing it from there. maybe its the cd u burned that is borked
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 22:03   #4
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Re: .svr?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
download a film in a winrar archice, extracted it to the bin and cue files and tried to burn it. it burned ok, but when i tried opening the mpeg it just took ages and eventually stopped responding.

there was a file called blahblah.svr among the rar files and was wondering what it was and if it was why i didn't get it working
play it on a dvd player thats what i do.

Movies i have on svcd -

Matrix Reloaded
Boat Trip
Equilibrium
Bulletproof Monk
Bruce Almighty
Cradle 2 the grave
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Italian Job
Old School
Gangs Of New York
Anger Management
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 11:49   #5
Popeye

Popeye is an unknown quantity at this point
I have unfortunatly found that my linux movie players (xine) are vastly superior to any windows ones when it comes to everything.

Not wanting to troll, but I have films in SVCD/VCD and OGM format which simply wont play at all in windows, no matter what i do, yet will play first time with Xine.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 15:22   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Despite being a windows user primarily, I'm inclined to agree.
The only way I can get my VCD/SVCD stuff to play seems to be in PowerDVD - WMP just won't play it.
Xine never had any trouble, nor did mplayer.

However, I'm kind of used to using lots of different media programs. On linux I used XMMS for music, Xine (then later mplayer, cos I liked it more) for ripped stuff, and Ogle for DVDs because I found it worked best.
On windows I tend to use winamp for music, WMP for TV episodes, and PowerDVD for ripped films and DVD discs simply because I have 6 channel sound so I'm DAMN well going to use it (PDVD uses Dolby ProLogicII to "guess" the surround sound for plain old stereo rips).