User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 21:19   #1
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
The evil admins!

My college admins have blocked PA, any ideas how to get around it?
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:07   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The evil admins!

Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT
My college admins have blocked PA, any ideas how to get around it?
tried to resolve the IP and use the IP to access the page?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:30   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Our school blocked www.planetarion.com because they're gay.

So we used npaweb01.planetarion.com to get round that. It'd be jpaweb01.planetarion.com now I guess, but the theory stands.

Either that or try using the IP as Struct suggests.

Or another old favourite was to put the page through an online translator and set the language to English, using the IP in case they filtered the word (but you might be able to just use the address).

Might feck things up, but worth a shot.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:39   #4
Not_RIT

They normaly ban all sub domains :/ I will try using the IP
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 09:06   #5
Not_RIT

vnc is out of the question as my connection is far too slow, and im not running unix :/
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 09:23   #6
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
If nothing else works, maybe an RH8 Desktop account?
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...hreadid=157774
Don't see them blocking that one...
And once on you have your RH8 Desktop displayed in your local browser, you can run a browser on the remote desktop.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 19:48   #7
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT
vnc is out of the question as my connection is far too slow, and im not running unix :/

www.tightvnc.com

has compression, and u can control the quality of the pic

doesnt require a very fast connection to use, especially if u put your home pc at 640x480 or 800x600

also, it runs on windows
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 20:08   #8
Not_RIT

right, I have had a word with my tutor and I can run VNC if it runs off of floppy disk, will it work?