User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 3 Mar 2003, 16:01   #1
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Domain registration

Is there a company you would recommend me to use for registering a domain kind sirs/ma'ams?

With or without hosting, I've got space but limited bandwidth, just seeing what's out there to be honest. It'd be a co.uk or .net prolly.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 16:05   #2
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
I just use octopus technologies (#octopus on netgamers) only does .com's I think, but tis very good.
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 16:06   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Prices? And whaddya get with whatever they got? Can't get on IRC much recently, Uni blocks it =/
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 16:25   #4
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
http://www.impulsed.net/
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 17:57   #5
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
www.ukdn.co.uk
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 18:27   #6
Not_RIT

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Prices? And whaddya get with whatever they got? Can't get on IRC much recently, Uni blocks it =/
Shell access, perl, php 4, mysql, pop3 emails, 50mb webspace, 1gb bandwidth a month cost is £5 per month + vat

http://www.octopus-technologies.com/pricelist.html <-- full price list.
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 18:33   #7
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
i used godaddy for my domain and got a mate to give me space.
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 19:06   #8
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
RackShack
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 19:15   #9
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT
Shell access, perl, php 4, mysql, pop3 emails, 50mb webspace, 1gb bandwidth a month cost is £5 per month + vat

http://www.octopus-technologies.com/pricelist.html <-- full price list.

£60 a year ?

im at £30 at year just with basic php hosting
he threw in a mysql db too

www.ukdn.co.uk
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 23:58   #10
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
www.123-reg.co.uk <-- domains

www.hosting2sell.com <-- hosting

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 00:13   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Cheers chaps, I'll have a lookie at those suggestions.
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 01:18   #12
Not_RIT

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
£60 a year ?

im at £30 at year just with basic php hosting
he threw in a mysql db too

www.ukdn.co.uk
Yes, you see thats where the word 'a' needs to be defined. You got 'one' I get as many as I require, coupled with the fact that its excellant service. Oh and not to mention CGI too (not really a 'yay' event' but its something...)
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 07:15   #13
Flavius

Quote:
Originally posted by Not_RIT
Yes, you see thats where the word 'a' needs to be defined. You got 'one' I get as many as I require, coupled with the fact that its excellant service. Oh and not to mention CGI too (not really a 'yay' event' but its something...)

for £60 I can get 100 mb of space, 2gb of bandwidth, 20 mail boxes, php cgi sql and asp

also, I PM him on irc and get subdomains done on the spot, and ip redirections
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 10:23   #14
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
for £30 a year, i can do you webspace, php, mysql or postgresql, a gig bw, unlimited email addresses on ure domain (inc either imap4 or pop3 services), free backups of all your data/databases daily, and lots of telephone support if needed

www.impulsed.net

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 11:44   #15
Flavius

Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
for £30 a year, i can do you webspace, php, mysql or postgresql, a gig bw, unlimited email addresses on ure domain (inc either imap4 or pop3 services), free backups of all your data/databases daily, and lots of telephone support if needed

www.impulsed.net

which is what i have, except that i get unlimited subdomains and ip redirections, phone, msn and irc support
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 11:47   #16
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
www.uk2.net
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 11:50   #17
Slidey

Quote:
which is what i have, except that i get unlimited subdomains and ip redirections, phone, msn and irc support
well tbh i thought that was just standard...

looking http://www.ukdn.co.uk/hosting.html it says they only offer 50 meg space, 5 email addresses, cgi, php and 1 gig transfer...

you have to pay another 30 for the databases (only mysql..), 50 megs more space, another 15 email addresses.. i'd pay £30 for those!

Last edited by Slidey; 4 Mar 2003 at 11:58.
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 11:58   #18
Flavius

Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
well tbh i thought that was just standard...

looking http://www.ukdn.co.uk/hosting.html it says they only offer 50 meg space, 5 email addresses, cgi, php and 1 gig transfer...

you have to pay another 30 for the databases (only mysql..), 50 megs more space, another 15 email addresses.. i'd pay £30 for those!

but im getting all those for the £30

so its the same situation lol
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 14:46   #19
Slidey

Quote:
but im getting all those for the £30

so its the same situation lol
not standard tho

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 18:02   #20
Mighty Max

http://www.ukreg.com

Take a look at them. I registered my domain through them. Very friendly, fast, reliable service.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 12:40   #21
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Gandi

Gandi

These people are amazingly good. They're very cheap, and they offer free DNS hosting, mail direction, custom xx and yy etc.

I have several domains with them, and they rock!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote