User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 19:30   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I'd like to ask you PHP people something

I recently aquired a few megs of webspace with PHP (Thank you Flavius!) and I'd like to put my site on it so I can promote my projects. Since you all know I don't have any PHP knowledge, and am busy with other things ATM, I'd like to ask you if you have a news system around for me that I can update very easilly.

What I basically was looking for was a script that loads all text files from a certain folder, and displays them on the news page. An admin page to add/remove/edit news would be nice too

If anyone is willing to make/give me such a script I'd be very pleased!

TY
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:04   #2
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
pffffftt

you are silly

VERY silly

www.fusionphp.com
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 20:09   #3
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
google is ur friend
PHP content management is the search term

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 23:53   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
PHP version of slashcode
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 02:17   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
You really need to use a database for this. Not so much for the displaying of news, but more because you want to edit/delete stuff.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 07:12   #6
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
You really need to use a database for this. Not so much for the displaying of news, but more because you want to edit/delete stuff.

M.

how were people doing it before databases ?

editing of .txt perhaps ..

thats how that script works
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 10:35   #7
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
how were people doing it before databases ?

editing of .txt perhaps ..

thats how that script works
Which script?

And anyway, the earliest "databases" were just flat files anyway. So bah you!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 10:43   #8
Flavius

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Which script?

And anyway, the earliest "databases" were just flat files anyway. So bah you!

M.

read my first post on this thread

that'll answer
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 13:46   #9
Idi

any sysadmin that lets apache have enough permissions to write anywhere deserves nothing less than death
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 13:50   #10
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
any sysadmin that lets apache have enough permissions to write anywhere deserves nothing less than death
=/

Flav, is the server able to handle the script now?
And it seems as if I come in some random folder when I FTP to it. =/
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 14:33   #11
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi