User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Oct 2004, 00:03   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
This news excites me greatly

soon we Canadians will rule the North American financial market...well, according to Donald Coxe anyways.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 00:10   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: This news excites me greatly

No, I doubt it'll happen, in the next 18 months the chinese will revalue their yuan to something that makes them realistically less competitive and in turn strengthening the US dollar cause as much as what teh article makes sense in the americans devaluing the dollar, it's political suicide and will never happen.

Economists never account for politics, American's devaluing their currency would be like them asking for help from France in Iraq... Totally unlikely and totally humiliating which would lead to massive loss of favor for the current president at the time.

Expect the economics to just get more chaotic rather than getting more ordered and sensible AS ALWAYS.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 00:28   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

ITT we learn Dilly is easily excited.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 00:31   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Its entirely possible Bush could run the economy into the ground and place it in a position that if Kerry got in, hed have no choice but to do something like devalue the dollar. TBH, at the moment its in a really crap state, but its doing what it was supposed to do, killing imports and increasing exports to reduce the trade gap.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 02:08   #5
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
ITT we learn Dilly is easily excited.
well, it is exciting to know that I may actually be able to visit friends in the US without having to shell out extra money just to make up for the gap in the value of the two currencies.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 02:23   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
well, it is exciting to know that I may actually be able to visit friends in the US without having to shell out extra money just to make up for the gap in the value of the two currencies.
The Canadian Dollar is also strengthening against the pound, I think we should perhaps take into account that the canadian dollar is possibly only on an upsurge due to resurrected defence deals between Canada and the US and what not, I do think there is a limit to how strong the canadian dollar can get, if it get's too strong I can see some contracts being renegotiated between the US and Canada which will weaken the Canadian Dollar anyway.

Remember most of canada's economic strength relies on the fact that Canada can produce and provide certain things cheaper than America, achieving parity isn't neccessarily a good thing for canada at least with regards to employment and in turn could result in a long term weakening of the Canadian Dollar if it should ever achieve parity.

I'd rather we stayed where we are atm with regards to exchange rates.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 06:30   #7
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
we
lol

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 06:38   #8
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
o-
lol

:-/

Leshy... i would re-think who i trust to provide opinions if i were you. Canadians arent even working on it right now :-/

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 08:29   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
lol

:-/

Leshy... i would re-think who i trust to provide opinions if i were you. Canadians arent even working on it right now :-/
Leshy hasn't posted in this thread.
And what was the point of quoting DM and then changing his lol to o-?
That has to be the worst post ever.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote