User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:10   #101
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: democracy?

because if they can get hold of an unqualified experianced worker they will choose that over a qualified worker to cut back on costs! and as for qualifications in general they only want the basics english maths and ICT not anything else
madman2k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:10   #102
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

madman2k30 your lack of spelling and grammar makes baby jesus cry.

WRITE PROPERLY FFS OR ILL SILENCE YOU. IT HURTS MY EYES AND MY BRAIN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WTF YOUR SAYING...

E.G.

"WIF"
"DA"
"SUM"

ETC

Also

your talking a pile of shit. I did start writing a full reply to every point you made but then i thought "why am i wasting my time on someone who hasnt got a clue about the world"
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:16   #103
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman2k30
because if they can get hold of an unqualified experianced worker they will choose that over a qualified worker to cut back on costs!
OK, I think I've spotted the problem here.

When you want to make a point, make it reasonably precise. For instance, you said :

"well all qualifications are obsolete after 5 years"

What you actually should have said is :

"Well, qualifications are losing their importance in a lot of industries. For instance, there are cases where more qualified staff are laid off for cheaper, less qualified workers. For this reason, I don't rate the importance of my own personal qualifications very highly. Their importance fades quickly, especially in high-tech sectors where the rate of change is very high"

Your original point is simply false. Try practicing medicene without a medical degree for example.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:17   #104
madman2k30
Banned

good thing i dont belive in jesus then or i would actually care about my spelling why dont you people just grow up and let me spell the way i want too! why dont you say in your rules of conduct or what ever this forum calls it that you have to use proper brittish english not no shorthand english or the improper american english?? as it is a suggestion
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:21   #105
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have no problems with poor spelling, many of the people I converse with on-line has atrocious spelling. Plus, my spelling is pretty bad. However, it's slightly annoying when people's meaning is obscured via the way they type.

I've not actually got any problem with your spelling however, although as a piece of free advise, I would suggest thinking over your posts a little more before posting.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:23   #106
madman2k30
Banned

I aint bothered about punctuation. Maybe im right about my suggestion! Maybe they should make every1 use proper english! To most people on this forum that es uk english using the full punctuation and grammer
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:27   #107
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
To most people on this forum that es uk english using the full punctuation and grammer
I don't care about punctuation either (I use it by default as I type a lot of things at work where I have to use correct capitalisation etc). But the above sentence simply doesn't make sense. I can presume that you meant "that is uk english" but e and i aren't near each other on the keyboard so it's not obvious.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:29   #108
madman2k30
Banned

that was a typing error that i missed it was suppose to say "To most people on this forum thats uk english using the full punctuation and grammer."
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:31   #109
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

haha werdz
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:44   #110
madman2k30
Banned

I guess i was correct in saying that the rules need updating, just to satisfy you bunch of perfectionists!
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 20:05   #111
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

OMG! he just used a comma! maybe one day he will use a full stop too.

we can only pray
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 13:44   #112
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: democracy?

Typing like a three year-old generally means that even before people consider your argument, they will imagine you to be at least on the mental level of a three year-old. So don't do it. It makes you look ridiculous.

That was Manson's hot tip for the day!

Oh, and it's grammar, not "grammer."
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 00:05   #113
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

They're rnt maney ppl i no that spell rite.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 00:40   #114
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
good thing i dont belive in jesus
JESUS SAVES, YOU INFIDEL
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 05:07   #115
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Democracy no longer works, no. You need a small number of people for it to be effective.

However, America is a republic. And it is clear that the republic works better than most other forums of government, and to answer your question, it obviously worked. The beauty of it, is just because you dont like it, doesnt mean that the people dont get to choose who leads. Bush isnt an idiot, and neither are we for electing him. You dont like him thats find, but its a bit arrogant to call him stupid.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 10:06   #116
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

It's not really arrogant to call somebody stupid if they are, i.e. madman2k30.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 10:15   #117
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
They're rnt maney ppl i no that spell rite.
*dere rnt maney ppl i no dat spell rite

get it right, boogie fs :(((
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 10:24   #118
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-spec
...Democratic system while still imperfect and invulnerable to corruption...
Congratulations on your 1st post.

I'd really like to hear your explanation as to how the current American democratic system is immune to corruption. It looks pretty corrupt in my books.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 11:08   #119
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

If you take into account the context, it looks like he actually means 'vulnerable'.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 11:35   #120
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
If you take into account the context, it looks like he actually means 'vulnerable'.
I didn't

I was just skimming the thread for lengthy replies and decided to pay a pedantic contribution to this otherwise "I've joined too late + what they said" thread

----------retired-------
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 12:04   #121
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

this most likely has allready been said, but i didnt read the whole thread so:
democracy has its downsides. people are too stupid or dont care enough about politics. they decide emotionally then try to find rational reasons for their opinion. and who can blame them for it? for example, you dont have time and resources to make everyone an expert on economics before you have a referendum about the euro. with elected politicians its even worse. all the voter can do is expect one guy to make better decisions than an other one, based on some vague statements during the election campaign and without knowing which decisions that guy will have to make during his term. furthermore they have to assign individual priorities to all the different aspects of policy and then pick the best overall package for their points of view. if they give a very high priority to gay marriage and wont care much about foreign affairs they vote for bush, even if if completly ruins the usa's reputation in the world. if they are strongly against war they vote for schröder (if you americans wonder, hes a politician here in germany , just an example), even if he completly ruins the economy.
its still better than a military dictatorship though and unfortunatly i cant think of anything better right now.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 12:10   #122
Androme
☆ ♥ 

You're 2 pages too late wu_trax
----------retired-------
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 12:12   #123
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

thought so :/
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:21   #124
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
snip
if they are strongly against war they vote for schröder (if you americans wonder, hes a politician here in germany , just an example), even if he completly ruins the economy.
snip
Of course, after Schroeder ruins the economy, the Germans can just blame the United States. Voila.

ps to madman: Bush was born in Connecticut.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:22   #125
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Of course, after Schroeder ruins the economy, the Germans can just blame the United States. Voila.

ps to madman: Bush was born in Connecticut.
no, well just blame the east and start a civil war, i already planed that anyway.

PS hi there, i already thought you are not aroung here anymore.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:52   #126
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
no, well just blame the east and start a civil war, i already planed that anyway.

PS hi there, i already thought you are not aroung here anymore.
It really is the east's fault. Dam communists.

Shortly after the wall came down, an East German woman came to work at my wife's firm in Mannheim. She was stabbing everyone in the back, sleeping with the top bosses (she was quite attractive) and generally making everyone's life miserable. Finally, she quit because she was not promoted to a job in which she was not qualifed, a job that paid more than 100K euro/year. She had a two year "degree" and about 5-10 years experience in the industry. Other employees who wanted the job had doctor's degrees and 20 or 30 years experience in the industry.

I'm still around, but I play a different game now, so I only come here when I'm tired of playing. My character died twice this weekend.

Good to see you're still here.

I just got back from three weeks in the Black Forest with the in-laws. My in-laws were very surpised at how much German I spoke. I never talked to them much because I was waiting until my German got better. Finally, I said to heck with it. My German is not going to get better, so I just mangled along.

Had a wierd run-in with my uncle in-law (he votes CDU) who apparently blames Americans for wars that occurred during the time of the Roman Empire. His brother apologized and told me he's a few pfennings shy of a mark.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:21   #127
wu_trax

Quote:
It really is the east's fault. Dam communists.

Shortly after the wall came down, an East German woman came to work at my wife's firm in Mannheim. She was stabbing everyone in the back, sleeping with the top bosses (she was quite attractive) and generally making everyone's life miserable. Finally, she quit because she was not promoted to a job in which she was not qualifed, a job that paid more than 100K euro/year. She had a two year "degree" and about 5-10 years experience in the industry. Other employees who wanted the job had doctor's degrees and 20 or 30 years experience in the industry.
its not only that: in the east usually both, husband and wife, worked. this mean that they now have a right on pension, even though they never paid a single cent into our welfare system. that adds up to a few 100 billion € in liabilities we got absolutly nothing for. add to that another few more 100 billion for pensions for state employees and you will see that no party on earth can ever fix this country. its just impossible. a pity for the rest of europe, well drag them down along with us. i guess you did the right thing in moving back to the us.
Quote:
I'm still around, but I play a different game now, so I only come here when I'm tired of playing. My character died twice this weekend.

Good to see you're still here.
i only played one round of PA (5 i think). i never liked it that much, i only like the forum

Quote:
I just got back from three weeks in the Black Forest with the in-laws. My in-laws were very surpised at how much German I spoke. I never talked to them much because I was waiting until my German got better. Finally, I said to heck with it. My German is not going to get better, so I just mangled along.

Had a wierd run-in with my uncle in-law (he votes CDU) who apparently blames Americans for wars that occurred during the time of the Roman Empire. His brother apologized and told me he's a few pfennings shy of a mark.
cant be that difficult, is it? half of the words sound the same. in the south its probably more difficult with those weird dialects (still not as bad as in the east though), but anyway.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:01   #128
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
its not only that: in the east usually both, husband and wife, worked. this mean that they now have a right on pension, even though they never paid a single cent into our welfare system. that adds up to a few 100 billion € in liabilities we got absolutly nothing for. add to that another few more 100 billion for pensions for state employees and you will see that no party on earth can ever fix this country. its just impossible. a pity for the rest of europe, well drag them down along with us. i guess you did the right thing in moving back to the us.

i only played one round of PA (5 i think). i never liked it that much, i only like the forum

cant be that difficult, is it? half of the words sound the same. in the south its probably more difficult with those weird dialects (still not as bad as in the east though), but anyway.
I know the situation in Germany is not pretty. My wife (she votes CDU/Green) complains all the time about it. For her it's not really any better here. There is just not much need for a German woman with a master's degree in graphic design here in Huntsville, Alabama. She is greatly overqualified for the jobs we've seen in her field.

Funny thing is that I'm trying as hard as I can to get a job in Germany. Not very likely now that the U.S. Army is moving two divisions out. There are about 20 job positions in Germany that I am qualified for and that i would like to have, that will just go away in the next couple of years. I even applied for my old job in Belgium, even though I am not particularly fond of living with Wallonians.

A buddy of mine who lives in Wiesbaden left a message on my answering machine about a new job position that will open soon in Heidelberg. Heidelberg is my favorite place in the whole world. Unfortunately, the position is probably going to be temporary, which means I might have to give up my career status as a civil service employee (bundesbeamter) in order to accept the position. That would be a bad thing.

I played PA from round three until I think round eight. Finally gave it up, because I always lost.

The Badisch and Schwaebisch dialects are very difficult for me to understand. Some of the neighbors in Kaltbrunn can speak normal German, but my wife's family really has to struggle in order to speak German the way you can hear it on the evening news.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:40   #129
wu_trax

Quote:
I know the situation in Germany is not pretty. My wife (she votes CDU/Green) complains all the time about it. For her it's not really any better here. There is just not much need for a German woman with a master's degree in graphic design here in Huntsville, Alabama. She is greatly overqualified for the jobs we've seen in her field.

Funny thing is that I'm trying as hard as I can to get a job in Germany. Not very likely now that the U.S. Army is moving two divisions out. There are about 20 job positions in Germany that I am qualified for and that i would like to have, that will just go away in the next couple of years. I even applied for my old job in Belgium, even though I am not particularly fond of living with Wallonians.
seriously, i would think for a while about that. i really doubt well make it much longer here. either theyll vote for the red plague (pds that is) in the next election (in that case you really dont want to live, or better said work here) or there will be at least some social unrest. all want money, noone has any, thats gonna be a problem.
Quote:
A buddy of mine who lives in Wiesbaden left a message on my answering machine about a new job position that will open soon in Heidelberg. Heidelberg is my favorite place in the whole world. Unfortunately, the position is probably going to be temporary, which means I might have to give up my career status as a civil service employee (bundesbeamter) in order to accept the position. That would be a bad thing.
if thats anything close to the beamte we have here, you should be really sure about it. beeing beamter here is the best thing that could happen to you. you get lots of money, cant get fired and have to pay very little for social security and taxes. on the other hand, if you speak some german, it shouldnt be that difficult to find a job in the south. the unemployment-rate in baden-würtenberg is around 5%or less i think.
Quote:
I played PA from round three until I think round eight. Finally gave it up, because I always lost.
i only played that one round, after that you had to pay and i sucked in this game anyway.
Quote:
The Badisch and Schwaebisch dialects are very difficult for me to understand. Some of the neighbors in Kaltbrunn can speak normal German, but my wife's family really has to struggle in order to speak German the way you can hear it on the evening news
you should try the north then. we really speak like in the evening news . some older people still have some dialect (platt) but thats closer to english than normal german. on the downside you or your wife probably wont find a job here :/
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:20   #130
madman2k30
Banned

Why wont this Post just die?? i thought it died yesterday? o well screw all those people who bitched about this post!! Keep the post alive people and down with democracy!
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:34   #131
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
seriously, i would think for a while about that. i really doubt well make it much longer here. either theyll vote for the red plague (pds that is) in the next election (in that case you really dont want to live, or better said work here) or there will be at least some social unrest. all want money, noone has any, thats gonna be a problem.

if thats anything close to the beamte we have here, you should be really sure about it. beeing beamter here is the best thing that could happen to you. you get lots of money, cant get fired and have to pay very little for social security and taxes. on the other hand, if you speak some german, it shouldnt be that difficult to find a job in the south. the unemployment-rate in baden-würtenberg is around 5%or less i think.

i only played that one round, after that you had to pay and i sucked in this game anyway.

you should try the north then. we really speak like in the evening news . some older people still have some dialect (platt) but thats closer to english than normal german. on the downside you or your wife probably wont find a job here :/
I know that the PDS are on the fringe of reality, and are pretty much wacko as well, but it might be the best thing for Germany. Someone has to do something, and the SPD are not the right party for that. I know a woman who lives off the German social system and hates Germany and Germans. Her children will probably grow up to be murderers and thieves of the German people. They hate the west and all it stands for. Do what you think is right, but harboring people who hate you seems a bad choice to me. Pay for their schooling. Provide them food and shelter and in reutrn they will kill your children. My wife does not vote for that, and neither would I if I were German.

Yeah, I'm like a German beamter except I pay the same taxes and social security as other Americans. Mostly the same. I do get a couple of small breaks on taxes. But only about maybe 1k euros a year at most.

I'm really only capable of working for the U.S. goverment in Germany. I applied for some jobs at the University of Heidelberg,a few years back, but they wanted someone who was fluent in both German and English. They said they wanted someone to copy edit papers in English, which I can do. What they really wanted was a translator to work for a third the normal wage.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:36   #132
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: democracy?

Quote:
and down with democracy!
Who do you think you are kidding, Mr Hitler?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 11:10   #133
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

As Plato said "when liberty becomes licence, democracy fails". This is especially true of a sensationalist media which presents an inherent spin on facts. Thus, people are ill informed. Freedom of speech has gone too far, especially when it infringes on the rights of others (thankyou Ms. McAleese).

Democracy also fails in that people will vote for the person with the most bells and whistles, not necessarily the most qualified. Whether the person elected is the best for the job is moot - the reasoning is flawed.
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 11:50   #134
wu_trax

Quote:
I know that the PDS are on the fringe of reality, and are pretty much wacko as well, but it might be the best thing for Germany.
i doubt that. you cant fix anything by breaking it first.
Quote:
Someone has to do something, and the SPD are not the right party for that.
i still think its the only party taht could. the red plague wont do shit (maybe increase taxes for the rich / companies, but i doubt that will help) the cdu is too extreme. we dont need that ultra-right-wing and completly free market bullshit. we can, even must, have a pretty good social security system, because that is what people want. we dont live in the us here, people are different, but the cdu's only idea seems to be to reduce workers rights as much as possible. the funny thing is, our exports are doing fine (er export more goods than the us), this means our competitive situation cant be that bad. the problem is domestic demand and i doubt you can fix that if you tear apart our social system in a somewhat fragil economic situation. people will only become even more insecure and spend even less of their money. the problem isnt the people who recive money out of the social security system (or at least they are not the main problem), its the people who do the redistribution of that money. its burocratic madness at its finest. unfortunatly no party will do anythign about it, because they are all full of 'beamte'.
ofc, the no party can do a shit anyway, even if they wanted to, because of our brilliant federalism...
Quote:
I know a woman who lives off the German social system and hates Germany and Germans. Her children will probably grow up to be murderers and thieves of the German people. They hate the west and all it stands for. Do what you think is right, but harboring people who hate you seems a bad choice to me. Pay for their schooling. Provide them food and shelter and in reutrn they will kill your children. My wife does not vote for that, and neither would I if I were German.
there are always some people like that, you cant sort them all out. its already hard enough for a foreigner to get in here.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm like a German beamter except I pay the same taxes and social security as other Americans. Mostly the same. I do get a couple of small breaks on taxes. But only about maybe 1k euros a year at most.

I'm really only capable of working for the U.S. goverment in Germany. I applied for some jobs at the University of Heidelberg,a few years back, but they wanted someone who was fluent in both German and English. They said they wanted someone to copy edit papers in English, which I can do. What they really wanted was a translator to work for a third the normal wage.
hehe, even the universities dont have any money
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 12:03   #135
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
who thinks democracy works?
Who dont

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23