User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 May 2004, 23:45   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
25% of those who live in poverty will be less intelligent than those who don't.

It's fact now! BEAT THAT! now I can always use the argument that people from poverty stricken area's do and will have problems mentally.

Btw use of pedantism in this thread will be rewarded with an AMAGAD YOUR SO 1337 I WISH I TAUGHT THE WORLD ENGLEESH 2!!!! (if you can understand what I've said enough to correct it then you know what the **** I'm saying anyway).

So now I can say you know there's a very good chance you are dumber than me when addressing someone of lower socioeconomic status than me.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:47   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 25% of those who live in poverty will be less intelligent than those who don't.

Not really, no.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:54   #3
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Re: 25% of those who live in poverty will be less intelligent than those who don't.

todays sunday sun reports people in the north east are officially the worst for education, health etc in the country

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:54   #4
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you and statistics just dont get on do you ?
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:55   #5
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

hmmm so far 100% here let's hope this is a demographical glitch.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:55   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
todays sunday sun reports people in the north east are officially the worst for education, health etc in the country
I'm pretty sure I saw a 'report' recently that said the exact opposite.
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:57   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
So now I can say you know there's a very good chance you are dumber than me when addressing someone of lower socioeconomic status than me.

Wont you have to go to homeless shelters/ drug rehabilitation clinics to find someone of lower socioeconomic status that you tho you unemployed sponging ****?!
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:58   #8
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

the sunday sun is gospel i felt ever so sorry for fat alan today too, at the gallagate end too, poor lad

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 00:09   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ah...our old friend, the suitably vague "cognitive tests".
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 00:19   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Seeing as Ireland has a higher average income than Scotland I feel confident that I'm far more intelligent than sunday and thus feel no need to address this thread beyond the perfunctory "i hear there's nothing but average people out there".
Unread 10 May 2004, 00:22   #11
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

its really only 25%, id thought it be higher than that... this isnt that supprising, lets see, why are people poor, they have bad jobs. why do people have bad jobs, (simple answere, not the only, accounting for the other 75) they had crappy education, why do the people have a crapy education, they were slow and they're parenters were poor, then just start the loop over again.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 00:23   #12
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

omg! its all so clear now!
Unread 10 May 2004, 00:42   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
its really only 25%, id thought it be higher than that... this isnt that supprising, lets see, why are people poor, they have bad jobs. why do people have bad jobs, (simple answere, not the only, accounting for the other 75) they had crappy education, why do the people have a crapy education, they were slow and they're parenters were poor, then just start the loop over again.
You're not really getting the point of the article.
Unread 10 May 2004, 02:54   #14
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my god.....poverty creates undernourished children who dont have all the necessary vitamins/minerals to grow healthily.............

id never have even considered this until now
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 04:21   #15
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

really :-/, ofc. you could look back to their parents... people dont have opportunities just because they dont have opportunities, especially in america were government funds education, and part of higher education along with the nations high demand for products and services, there is always something you can do unless you dont have the mental/physical capabilities to do so, it revolves in a circle......same can be said for opportunities sociallist states where goverment controls medicince and education..

I got what the artical was saying, but the premis was wrong... intelligence isnt knowledge, what you know, your skills, its your ability to learn. Learning books, math ect isnt all you need to be successful, if you can sell something to get yourself out of poverty, its because your not dumb, ::intelligent:: entrapeneur (sp) But if your stuck in a rut, its b ecause you dont have the aptitude to achieve, it isnt becasue your poor. it might make it tough, but the majority show that it isnt impossible, if your parents are consiquently you arent below the average to begin with.

Unread 10 May 2004, 07:38   #16
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I got what the artical was saying, but the premis was wrong... intelligence isnt knowledge, what you know, your skills, its your ability to learn. Learning books, math ect isnt all you need to be successful, if you can sell something to get yourself out of poverty, its because your not dumb, ::intelligent:: entrapeneur (sp) But if your stuck in a rut, its b ecause you dont have the aptitude to achieve, it isnt becasue your poor. it might make it tough, but the majority show that it isnt impossible, if your parents are consiquently you arent below the average to begin with.
what
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 07:47   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
intelligence isnt knowledge, what you know, your skills, its your ability to learn.
I don't see how intelligence==ability to learn unless you're abstracting it over the course of your lifetime. As I've said before, there seems to be some evidence that babies learn at a much quicker rate than older adults, but we wouldn't generally say a baby was more intelligent than an older professor.

I'll generally echo SJG on this : The word intelligence as used in everyday conversation is not a useful scientific term, and things like "cognitive ability", "learning ability" or "knowledge" shouldn't be conflated with "intelligence".

edit : As for the rest of your post, I'm not quite sure what you're saying exactly. No-one is saying it's impossible for people in poverty to do well in later life. The odds are merely stacked against people born into poverty (for various reasons including health, education, social networks, etc).

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 10 May 2004 at 08:04.
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:22   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The only way to change this is by giving the poor the rich to eat! Then they will get all those tasty minerals and proteins and karbo's and god knows what else!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:30   #19
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People in poverty steal cars and have underage sex!
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:31   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
People in poverty steal cars and have underage sex!
Fortunately the latter is also true for slutty middle class girls.
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:34   #21
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't see how intelligence==ability to learn unless you're abstracting it over the course of your lifetime. As I've said before, there seems to be some evidence that babies learn at a much quicker rate than older adults, but we wouldn't generally say a baby was more intelligent than an older professor.

I'll generally echo SJG on this : The word intelligence as used in everyday conversation is not a useful scientific term, and things like "cognitive ability", "learning ability" or "knowledge" shouldn't be conflated with "intelligence".

Learning involves the reinforcement of certain neural pathways with detriment to others (eg an electrical pulse travels down one other than another two more frequently when you do a specific task ... the more use the nerve gets the "stronger" it becomes ... eventually "weaker" nerves "disappear").

Unlike adults Babies/Children haven't "hard wired" their brains yet and as such can adapt to new environments/learn new skills more easily.

There are still plenty of nerves that can be "reinforced".

Intelligence is a stupid term.

"Mental agility" is probably more apt.

ie the higher the "processer speed" of your brain the better.

Errmmmm, hope i've made sense.
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:48   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Intelligence is a stupid term.

"Mental agility" is probably more apt.

ie the higher the "processer speed" of your brain the better.
That does make sense, and I've heard that type of theory proposed before. And yeah, agility would seem to equal the "speed" of your brain (presuming we could measure such a thing). However, that's only one factor which would determine intelligence (or even success).

I mean, if I could choose between two employee's, one of whom was very quick witted (mentally agile, whatever) but who had absolutley no concentration span, then I'd probably choose someone who was a little more "average" all round. Obviously it depends what job you're talking about, but you can guess what I'm getting at.

We don't dream of trying to factor in various athletic abilities (endurance/stamina, speed, upper body strength, leg strength, etc, etc) into one number, so I'm mystified why we try to do the same in intelligence. Undoubtedly there are "mental marathon runners" vs "mental sprinters" or whatever. Which would be more useful would depend on the role.
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:54   #23
Dace
so f*cking zen

OK hows this ...

- Mental agility

- Memory capacity

- Recall ability

- Speed of learning

- Concentration span

All 5 combined to make up "intelligence" (unless you have any other suggestions)?!
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:55   #24
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Dante...
why bother arguing with sunday?
if he gets fewer reponses he might actually **** off.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:58   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octagonecologyst
Dante...

You are way too optomistic.
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:58   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
All 5 combined to make up "intelligence" (unless you have any other suggestions)?!
Well, you haven't anything "creative" there, but let's say I agree with your schema. How would you combine the 5? What's the weighting?

Is mental agility more important than recall? I'm sure to a lot of people it is. But others not so much. Similarly, physical strength isn't that important to a marathon runner, but would be a weight-lifter. Would a trivia buff prefer to have better memory recall but shorter concentration span?
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:01   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octagonecologyst
Dante...
I'm not arguing with Sunday. His original post doesn't make much sense to me tbh, and plus he's just trolling with his usual drivel. That doesn't stop others in this thread being serious and/or worth replying to. There are good threads that Sunday has started, usually when he's pissed off out of the thread.
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:03   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

You wouldn't have to have weighting (or an overall score).

You could just do a score out of 100 for each one.

People could then look at the score and go "Wow that Dace is one intelligent mother ****er"*.

*obviously i'd have high scores in everything
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:03   #29
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

fair point.

proposal for the deleting of sundays orginal post (and subsiquent posts) after 10 replies.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:06   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
You could just do a score out of 100 for each one.
Well, that'd be an improvement over the IQ test, but it'd still be relatively shit.
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:07   #31
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Everyone who thinks in a similar way to me, and who is strong in the mental areas in which I am also strong, is intelligent.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:11   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

While you might be right generally, it's pretty easy to respect a mode of thinking different to yours. I can respect artists or musicians despite being rubbish at those particular skills.
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:13   #33
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Everyone who thinks in a similar way to me, and who is strong in the mental areas in which I am also strong, is intelligent.

Thinking that doing First Year Uni courses for n+1 years is a good idea makes you intelligent?!
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:15   #34
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
While you might be right generally, it's pretty easy to respect a mode of thinking different to yours. I can respect artists or musicians despite being rubbish at those particular skills.
People generally dont use the word 'intelligent' for this though, theyd generally say something like 'creative' or suchlike. I'd expect that the only people who would normally call a musician 'intelligent' are other musicians.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 14:19   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I think that's more of a social thing. Most mathematicians are respected as intelligent, despite maths not being most people's strong points.
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:24   #36
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

This is exactly one of those "chicken and eggs" thingies.
Are people stupid because they are poor? Or are people poor because they are stupid?
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:33   #37
Sileax

Sileax is an unknown quantity at this point

this means that
75% of those who live in poverty will be more intelligent than those who don't.
Sileax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:33   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Are people stupid because they are poor? Or are people poor because they are stupid?
Not really.
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:34   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileax
this means that
No it doesn't, and that's not what the link says anyway.
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:50   #40
Sileax

Yes it does and the link is irrelevant to the subject.
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:52   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Gimmick or idiot?

YOU DECIDE!
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:57   #42
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Gimmick or idiot?

YOU DECIDE!
Or a silly ax.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 16:57   #43
Sileax

i decided that you are an idiot
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:03   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Or a silly ax.
Oh queball you cad.
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:04   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wittiest thread on the internet!
Unread 10 May 2004, 17:18   #46
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

The title and poster of the thread set the ball rolling for it to be the worst thread ever, and it didn't let me down.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 21:31   #47
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

[/quote]Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
[/quote]

my point ;-) and

Quote:
Originally Posted by sileax
this means that
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_Jakiri
not really
because, we are only refering to the poor people who are dumber, not equal too.

Unread 10 May 2004, 21:33   #48
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:
Is the the link what the subject was about ???

Unread 10 May 2004, 21:34   #49
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

this thread makes me sad :(
Unread 10 May 2004, 22:19   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
http://www.globalrichlist.com/

according to this site, someone that earns £3000 a year is in the top 15% of the richest people in the world.

Apparently prices change in different countries :ninjaguydoingthis: