User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Dec 2005, 17:16   #51
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Strength +10

Errrr I think I've been misunderstood a bit in this thread.

The "throwing balls" thing was just an example, that I'm slightly embarrassed that I can probably throw with less power than a 14-15 year old.

I just would like to bulk out a bit I suppose. I have an ok body, but no muscle to speak of really. I'm satisfactorily fit, but I'd like to be fitter.

I don't "do" gyms. It isn't me. I don't want to have to go out somewhere and pay money just to get a bit fitter. Maybe when it gets to the point where I need to, to get fitter beyond what I can achieve, I would, but for now I was asking about pushups/situps type exercises I could do at home.
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 18:20   #52
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
How much you can actually benchpress generally comes down to how much you actually weigh. I at the moment could bench press around 100kg, maybe a little more (set of 10), with me weighing around 80kg. However at this moment in time i use dumbells for bench pressing, and currently do 3 sets of 10, with 42-44KG each dumbell.

Damn that's pretty impressive, I am weighting around 80kg as well (want to reach the 90) but I don't come much further then 85kg, 90 a couple of times. I sort of aim to press 100 in 2/3 months, then i'll be training one year.
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 19:48   #53
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Damn that's pretty impressive, I am weighting around 80kg as well (want to reach the 90) but I don't come much further then 85kg, 90 a couple of times. I sort of aim to press 100 in 2/3 months, then i'll be training one year.
Ive been going off and on for 4 years. Have a go at using dumbells instead for bench pressing, gives you a far better workout. I tend to do a normal flat bench, then a slight raised one, and a declined bench press too, your chest feels massive after doing that.

As for what you want Tomkat, i wouldnt bother with doing anything at home to be honest, as you wont stick with it long or do it regular enough to see any real benefit from it. Best thing you can do is join a gym with a friend, when you do that ill be more than willing to give you some pointers on exercises you should be doing.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 03:49   #54
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I don't want to increase my upper body strength just so i could beat these kids at dodgeball - teachers arent allowed to play, much to my disappointment
Am I the only one who doesn't believe you here?

(Probably)

Why DO you want to increase your upper body strength?

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 05:21   #55
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Am I the only one who doesn't believe you here?

(Probably)

Why DO you want to increase your upper body strength?
My body at the moment is pretty boylike.

I don't have any muscle to speak of, really.

I'm not particularly hairy.

My lower body strength is fine (as mentioned) - I do lots of walking, and dance whenever I go out, which is once or twice a week.

The overall effect is just not very "manly".

But I'd like to just bulk out a little.
Unread 18 Dec 2005, 17:28   #56
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

The describtion of your body sounds like mine 10 months ago. Join a gym dude, you won't regret it after 4 months.

Good thing with a gym is compared to other sports, you can go whenever you want basicly.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 13:55   #57
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

This might be a helpful site Tomkat, there are even little animations showing how to do all possible exercises.

http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 14:15   #58
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

PS i don't want to increase my upper body strength just so i could beat these kids at dodgeball - teachers arent allowed to play, much to my disappointment

Is this a school rule or a children's rule?

If its the childrens rule thats fine, you just turned into one of those teachers that are too old and boring to be cool, and the children dont wanna be associated with Mr Tomkat, for fear of being bullied.

If its a school rule, you should seriously consider forcing through a change in this rule. Blanket bans in schools such as this are rarely a good thing, it just means that a teacher is restricted from joining a game (if his involvement would enhance the play opportunity for all concerned).
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 18:02   #59
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Im sure the pupils wouldnt mind throwing a ball as hard as they can at a teacher.
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 18:04   #60
Tomkat

I just assume that I'm not allowed to play.

If I threw a ball at a pupil and gave him a black eye, I think I'd somehow be in a spot of trouble for it.

Last edited by Tomkat; 19 Dec 2005 at 18:24.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2005, 18:07   #61
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Thats a good point

I read the post and assumed you couldn't play ANY game with the children during breaks.

If this is you choosing not to play this particular game, for your own safety, then I stand corrected
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote