User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Feb 2007, 16:47   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I quit my job!

Ye, well it was going no where. Dont get me wrong the job was ok. Good eye candy, pretty decent colleagues and probably the easiest job I will ever get to do (infact I don't know an easier job).

However it was a temporary job, thus the money was bad (£6 p/h). There were no career prospects and it frustrated me sitting there and seeing all the problems yet no one would listen/care about my ideas for the solutions. Eventually my brain started to rot, it wasn't being stimulated enough as the job simply wasn't challenging.

It was also supposed to be temporary in the sense that I find a real job, a graduate job. However I had applied to a few (not nearly enough of course) and I hadn't been lucky enough to beat off the competition and gain a graduate job.

I had been there for 6 months and it's one of those things, I could stay there for a further 6 months and not blink. But I needed to do something so I quit.

Instead come Monday I start a NCTJ course (Journalsim Qualification). This course is a fast track so it's done in 18 weeks as oppose to the full year, I learn shorthand and all those jazzy things journalists need. What attracted me to the course was that they get you work experience (or at least help you get work experience). At places such as the BBC, Express & Star, Birmingham Mail.

I have two main interests Politics and Sport. I hope that I can combine the two and after some training get a job within journalism, starting off as a lowly trainee at a local paper, but eventually working my way up.

It's a risk, but f*ck it. He who dares, wins? Right?

Oh the course also costs £1050, so I am well broke. But oh it will be a fun time!

Anyone else done anything last minute and it's worked out?*

* Last time I did something crazy and unplanned was when I decided to go travelling for 6 weeks around Europe and North Africa, that worked out well!
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 17:04   #2
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold
Re: I quit my job!

I was 10 minutes away from being stuck in a dead end job making cars at Nissan. Luckily for me I got a call for an interview at an accountants. To cut a long story short, I got the job and they are paying the fees for my qualification. I suppose I'm just a lucky person really!
Goodluck with the journalisn thing.

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 17:05   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I once got told I have too much personality to be an accountant!
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 17:12   #4
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I once got told I have too much personality to be an accountant!
It's not as dull as people make out. Just stressful.

Oh and the wage is crap when training.

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 20:09   #5
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Good for you Pig, congrats on the quitting your job. Did you at least insult your boss, or screw his hot 18 year old daughter, etc.?
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 21:16   #6
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

\o/ pig youre my hero...

on behalf of all the people working a deadend job, namely me, pushing around papers from one side of the table to another, i you !

im getting there too :/
(at least i have 24/7 internet access... might not get that on my next job...)

and u put me 1 step cloesr to quitting this hole

good luck in your self-searching too
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 21:39   #7
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't really contribute to this discussion as I was always lucky enough, in my youth, to piss everyone off at the dead end jobs I had so that they eventually got around to firing me. When I became an attorney I found that the ability to piss people off was an asset. Sometimes you just catch a break.

Good luck!
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 21:53   #8
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

sounds good pig! goodluck with it all!
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 22:09   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't get a decent job anywhere :O
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 22:58   #10
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I can't get a decent job anywhere :O

helps to apply for some

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 00:00   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
There were no career prospects and it frustrated me sitting there and seeing all the problems yet no one would listen/care about my ideas for the solutions.
You were right to quit. There's plenty of places who will listen so there's no point squandering your efforts and energies on the ones that won't.
Quote:
It was also supposed to be temporary in the sense that I find a real job, a graduate job. However I had applied to a few (not nearly enough of course) and I hadn't been lucky enough to beat off the competition and gain a graduate job.
I was in the same boat when I finished Uni and as a result spent a while doing shit jobs. The lowest point was when I applied for a peon job at Ryman's the Stationers...and failed to get an interview.

T&F was the same from what I can remember. (he worked in William Hill for a while) Eventually it sorted itself out though and ultimately it doesn't really seem to matter that much if you don't leap into the career you want. A friend of mine only started on an engineering graduate scheme at 25. Yeah, he's slightly older than the other people on the same scheme but so what?

Although on a vaguely related note I am still bemused every year when they start talking about the average starting salary for graduates being some wildly optimistic figure. Makes you wonder what some are getting to distort the figures so wildly.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 23:09   #12
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

If its possible ..

ie: your young, dont have a mortgage or rent to pay, still live with the parental factor/s, have loans or cars to pay off.

GO FOR IT, you only get one life ... go takes some risks and live it to the full, well done Pig !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 00:27   #13
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Congrats.... I think.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2007, 02:30   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well done for being in a position where you can quit your job.

give it a few yesrs and you will suddenly realise that you are a alave to the wage, and you will like ti. Why? because it will let you stay in the style in whitch you accustomed
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 01:38   #15
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Although on a vaguely related note I am still bemused every year when they start talking about the average starting salary for graduates being some wildly optimistic figure. Makes you wonder what some are getting to distort the figures so wildly.
I always had a vague notion that those figures only applied to those that got jobs as part of a graduate scheme or some such.

Good luck with it all Pig. It sounds like a good move.

As for me, I graduated in June, moved to Manchester on a whim in October, and quit my horrific admin job last week before I commited the act of self-harm with a stapler and a few spare paperclips. I'm now sponging off my dad, and preoccupied with silly tendentious arguments about ethics. Tomorrow I have to dress up as Mr Beaver from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in front of a class of 10 year olds. It's all for the PGCE, folks. Such is the life of your resident scapegoat, English graduate, failed poet and frustrated romantic.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 19:48   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Tomorrow I have to dress up as Mr Beaver from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in front of a class of 10 year olds. It's all for the PGCE, folks. Such is the life of your resident scapegoat, English graduate, failed poet and frustrated romantic.
Please tell me you have that on film.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote