User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:43   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Now, I have a research project to do by thursday

It's a sociology project, and is investigating brands and consumerism etc.

The general conceptual focus is what brands mean to people, with special attention being paid to those who consciously reject branded goods.

What kind of individuals perceive themselves as rejecting branding most strongly?

Why do they do this? Image? Perceived rebellion? A belief that brands are essentially meaningless? A desire to remain undefined by possessions?

If it is an expression of social difference then to what extent is the rejection of branding a brand in itself?

Is brand culture realistically escapable in today's society?

What differences are there betweem the perceived rejection of brands and the reality?

Right, I just put those up so you guys had an idea what kind of questions I will be asking. What I need your help for is in fulfilling the data collection part of the project... I need to have a decent spread of people who perceive themselves as rejecting branding, and some who do not. As well as any general comments about the project, I would appreciate it if anyone willing to fill in a very short questionnarre (not more than 10 questions) could tell me where they stand on this so I can put the questionnarres on this forum some time tomorrow.

If you want clarification as to exactly what I am asking, feel free to say so and I will answer you as best I can.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:45   #2
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Now, I have a research project to do by thursday

"questionnaire"
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:49   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

questionnaire is a stupid word anyway.

edit: incidentally, when did it become "not shit" to reply to a big starting post with a one word spelling correction? Please inform me queball
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:52   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just post the ****ing thing and we'll fill it in ffs ...
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 17:53   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

I haven't written it yet

I shall do tonight at some point, its a delicate task.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 18:01   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I regularly rage against the machine in a childish and ineffectual manner, so I'm happy to fill out whatever you like.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 18:03   #7
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
questionnaire is a stupid word anyway.

edit: incidentally, when did it become "not shit" to reply to a big starting post with a one word spelling correction? Please inform me queball
About the same time it became acceptable for a university student to be unable to spell words essential to his subject, declaring them to be "stupid".
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 18:08   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
About the same time it became acceptable for a university student to be unable to spell words essential to his subject, declaring them to be "stupid".
I meant stupid as "difficult to spell"

There are also these funny things called spell checkers built into most word processing programs. I suggest you check them out! Pointing out my mistake acheives nothing and made me have to reply to you in a reasonably aggressive manner, which is a shame

None of this matters anyway, as I'm probably the best sociologist in the world...

although I have no empirical evidence for this.

oh wai...
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 18:10   #9
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'm looking to waste time to avoid doing my coursework so yeah, I'll fill it in.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 18:13   #10
queball
Ball

Quote:
There are also these funny things called spell checkers built into most word processing programs. I suggest you check them out!
I suggest you use one!
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 18:14   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At least in sociology projects you know what your data actually represents; I just get given this and told to analyse it
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 18:16   #12
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
I suggest you use one!
None of this would matter if you hadn't been so apparently disgusted by my spelling that you pulled me up on it. Most posts don't get the same treatment
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 18:23   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll give it out to a sample of students if you like and they can do it.

I knew there was something good about being a teacher - I just found it! Having a large population for forms/questionnaires!
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 19:07   #14
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I probably stand on the 'I know branding exists and I don't currently care - maybe I should' platform.

I'd be happy to fill in a questionnaire.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 19:31   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Damn. I didn't think there actually existed people with such an excistence.
I got saddened by the look of that page.
Its fun :o

I've managed to get my error rate for classification down to 8% so all is good.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 19:38   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

when nodrog grows up he'll be a computer. unfortunately he'll be an acorn electron.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 20:10   #17
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Il fill one out for you
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:34   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

For the purposes of these questions, "brand name goods" are any clothes which either have an overtly displayed brand on them (e.g Nike top with big logo on front) or clothes which you buy because, or largely because, of their brand (e.g Armani Suit) but which may only be shown to be such a brand under closer inspection. Ultimately what you consider to be a brand is up to you, it's the only reasonable way to do this without giving you many more guidelines than these. In any case, your perception of what is and what isn't branded goods is what I am investigating.

Section 1

a)What is your age? 16-25/25+

b)Gender?

c)Highest level of education? (Use the highest that you are currently in, i.e if you are part
way through a Post grad and already have a Bachelors, use the PG).

d)Occupation?

Section 2

For all these questions, either put: Strongly disagree/disagree/nuetral/agree/strongly agree
Also assume that all these questions relate to buying of clothing rather than any other kind
commodity.

a) When making a purchase a brand name is important to me.

b) I enjoy buying clothes.

c) I value looking different to others.

d) I like people to know that my clothes cost a lot of money/I dislike people thinking that
my clothes are cheap.

e) I feel an affinity with the general values of society. (Yes I know this question is
utterly ambiguous, just answer as best you can).

Section 3

a) What percentage of your clothes do you estimate could be described as "brand name goods"?

0-25%/26-50%/51-75%/76-100%

b) What percentage of your "spending money" (i.e after rent/food/bills/any money saved/
large purchases) do you estimate you spend on clothing?

c) What do you spend most of your spending money on? (If clothes use second and specify that
it is 2nd)

Alcohol and or Drugs/Eating out/Music/Games/Transport/High Culture/Other (please specify).

d) Same as c), but either second or third depending on positioning of clothes.

Right, thats it, thanks for doing it.

If you want to critique my questions feel free to do so, but bear in mind that without any decent solution then what you say will be worthless. I am aware there are problems with the questions, I will mention them in the analysis.

Last edited by Deepflow; 13 Mar 2006 at 23:11.
Deepflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:40   #19
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Quote:
For the purposes of these questions, "brand name goods" are any clothes which either have an overtly displayed brand on them (e.g Nike top with big logo on front) or clothes which you buy because, or largely because, of their brand (e.g Armani Suit) but which may only be shown to be such a brand under closer inspection. Ultimately what you consider to be a brand is up to you, it's the only reasonable way to do this without giving you many more guidelines than these. In any case, your perception of what is and what isn't branded goods is what I am investigating.

Section 1

a)What is your age? 21

b)Gender? male

c)Highest level of education? Bachelor

d)Occupation? Student

Section 2

For all these questions, either put: Strongly disagree(1)/disagree(2)/nuetral(3)/agree(4)/strongly agree(5)
Also assume that all these questions relate to buying of clothing rather than any other kind
commodity.

a) When making a purchase a brand name is important to me. 4

b) I enjoy buying clothes. 4

c) I consider looking different more important than looking good. 2

d) I like people to know that my clothes cost a lot of money/I dislike people thinking that
my clothes are cheap. 2

e) I feel an affinity with the general values of society. (Yes I know this question is
utterly ambiguous, just answer as best you can). 4

Section 3

a) What percentage of your clothes do you estimate could be described as "brand name goods"? 100%

b) What percentage of your "spending money" (i.e after rent/food/bills/any money saved/
large purchases) do you estimate you spend on clothing? 50%

c) What do you spend most of your spending money on? (If clothes use second and specify that
it is 2nd)

Alcohol and or Drugs/Eating out/Music/Games/Transport/High Culture/Other (please specify).
2nd - useless gadets

3rd - booze i think

If you want to critique my questions feel free to do so, but bear in mind that without any decent solution then what you say will be worthless. I am aware there are problems with the questions, I will mention them in the analysis.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:43   #20
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

thanks paolo, I may add useless gadgets if more people say it, I forgot them

also, I assume by "4" you mean "agree" and everything else is in relation to that?
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:49   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Section 1

a)What is your age?

b)Gender?
Male

c)Highest level of education?
MSc / Post-Grad

d)Occupation?
Property Information Analyst

Section 2

Strongly disagree - if you're talking about a "look". In some instances certain brands seem to have a lower failure rate than others which might factor into the decision, but that's rare.

Neutral.
c) I consider looking different more important than looking good.
Neutral. Having your own personal "look" is part of looking good in some senses.

d) I like people to know that my clothes cost a lot of money/I dislike people thinking that my clothes are cheap.
Strongly disagree.

e) I feel an affinity with the general values of society.
Disagree if you're talking about values expressed by the mass media, etc. Agree if you mean most of the people I personally interact with.

a) What percentage of your clothes do you estimate could be described as "brand name goods"?
0-25%

b) What percentage of your "spending money" do you estimate you spend on clothing?
0-25%

c) What do you spend most of your spending money on?
Alcohol and or Drugs then Eating out.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:50   #22
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

By "eating out" do you mean kebabs?

oh, and as to question 2e, I mean with general society - i.e media/govt values.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:51   #23
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Section 1

16-25
b)Gender?
Male
c)Highest level of education? (Use the highest that you are currently in, i.e if you are part
Bachelors
d)Occupation?
Student
Section 2

For all these questions, either put: Strongly disagree/disagree/nuetral/agree/strongly agree
commodity.

Neutral
Neutral
Neutral
my clothes are cheap.
Strongly disagree
Strongly disagree

Section 3

0-25%

0-25%
it is 2nd)

Alcohol
Eating out

I dont feel very quizzed for example, if it helps you at all, i LIKE people to know my clothes are cheap, its an anti-fashion statement. i have 3 pairs of the same £3 joggers from primark (and recently bought some £6 jeans there, i treated myself.) All my t shirts are ancient or stupid. Im wearing a levi t shirt just now, but ive had it for 4-5 years and it has dope holes in it, it looks ****ing shit. But im not throwing it away, because why should i.

Not spending money on clothes (the same as not spending on games/cd's/holidays) makes me feel good about my hideous over indulgence in other parts of my life - re booze, takeaways, unneccesary gimmicky things like costumes for parties or betting. Betting especially ;/. Im not adversed so much to looking good or looking branded (well ok, i dont like it that much) as i am conditioned to think to myself.. if you start caring too much about what you wear, itll become an obsession you cant lose. If you make an effort of caring, you leave yourself open to be attacked (if you care about something, its a weak spot). Whereas, if you're apathetic and dont give a shit, well, wear what the **** you want, you wont be sensitive about it.

That and people who care what they wear generally have the life experience and conversation skills of a retarded right-leaning tomato.
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:53   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
By "eating out" do you mean kebabs?
No, kebabs are ghastly - but I eat from the chip shop 4-5 times a week.
Quote:
oh, and as to question 2e, I mean with general society - i.e media/govt values.
I'd like to think general society might also include people you meet/interact with too.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:54   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

You aren't meant to feel quizzed EJohn.

What you HAVE done though is give me a very good example of someone who dislikes spending money on clothes. Oh, and your comments could be useful too. If anyone else wants to explain their answers afterwards giving me some kind of insight, then that would be wicked cool.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:54   #26
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'd like to think general society might also include people you meet/interact with too.
It's sociology, I'm generalising
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 21:55   #27
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Section 1

a)16-25

b) Male

c) BSc

d) Investment Banking / Trader

Section 2

a) Neutral

b) Strongly disagree

c) Disagree

d) Neutral

e) Neutral

Section 3

a) 0-25%

b) 0-25%

c) Transport

d) Alcohol
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 22:00   #28
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepflow
Section 1

16-25

b)Gender?

Male

Bachelors Degree

d)Occupation?

Student

Section 2

commodity.

agree

agree

disagree

my clothes are cheap.

disagree

agree

Section 3

0-25%

0-25%

it is 2nd)

Alcohol/Cigarettes

Eating Out
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 22:02   #29
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i think i gave a good synopsis earlier but you don't even care
I'm sorry horn, but im going to do all the analysis myself, and none of what you said had not already occurred to me.

Feel free to keep talking, but I'm all about the methodology right now =D
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 22:27   #30
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Section 1

16-25(20)

b)Gender?

male

Undergrad

d)Occupation?

auditor

Section 2

commodity.

Strongly Disagree, all I care about is it being cheap and comfortable

Strongly disagree. I despise clothes shopping and only do it when I am running out of things to wear

c)I value looking different from others

Neutral. I would have said strongly disagree as I don't care if people have the same sort of look/clothes whatever but if someone turned up inexactly the same clothes as me I'd probably laugh about it but still be slightly annoyed

my clothes are cheap.

Strongly disagree. I quite like the fact that nothing in my wardrobe (except my suits) cost more than £20 and most of my t-shirts etc... were £4 in Slaters. Loads even have the original pictures faing away/burnt off with the iron due to the amount of time I have kept them. Though the only exception here is with work where I want to present a good image so wouldn't like people thinking I had a cheap/crap suit

neutral

Section 3

0-25% though this is just because I hate spending money on clothes rather than any problem with brands, for example all my jeans are branded it's just I own so few

0-25%

it is 2nd)

Alcohol.

Eating out though this isn't a huge amount as most of my expenditure is bills and drinking

I just don't like buying clothes at all to be honest. I just feel it is a waste of money and not something I am bothered about. Even if it was an item I really liked I have not bought it if I think the price is too much, even when it isn't really that dear and I spend more on a night out.

Last edited by midge5; 13 Mar 2006 at 23:31.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 22:49   #31
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Section 1

16-25 (20)
b)Gender?
male
Undergraduate

d)Occupation?
Student

Section 2

commodity.

agree
agree
c) I value looking different from others
disagree
d) I like people to know that my clothes cost a lot of money/I dislike people thinking that my clothes are cheap.
neutral
e) I feel an affinity with the general values of society. (Yes I know this question is utterly ambiguous, just answer as best you can).
agree

Section 3

it is 2nd)

Eating out

You're welcome.

(updated with new question)

Last edited by furball; 13 Mar 2006 at 23:14.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 23:01   #32
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

Section 1

16-25
b)Gender?
m
Uni
d)Occupation?
Student
Section 2

commodity.

disagree
strongly disagree
I'd rather be both
my clothes are cheap.
disagree
What

Section 3

76-100%

0-25
it is 2nd)

music/dvds
alcohol and pool

Unread 13 Mar 2006, 23:10   #33
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

OK OK OK

after extensive looking at your results, question 2c is obviously rubbish.

I know its a bit of a stretch, but if you could change your answers to answer...

"I value looking different from others"

Then I would be all like <3

If you don't dont worry, I'll make up answers for you

Obviously everyone cares more about looking good than different, thats understandable. It was a poor question for what I was trying to acheive.
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 23:14   #34
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Section 1

b)Gender?
Male

c)Highest level of education? (Use the highest that you are currently in, i.e if you are part way through a Post grad and already have a Bachelors, use the PG).
Undergraduate

d)Occupation?
Student

Section 2

Disagree

Neutral

c) I value looking different from others.
Neutral

Disagree

e) I feel an affinity with the general values of society. (Yes I know this question is utterly ambiguous, just answer as best you can).
Agree

Section 3

0-25%

b) What percentage of your "spending money" (i.e after rent/food/bills/any money saved/large purchases) do you estimate you spend on clothing?
0-25%

c) What do you spend most of your spending money on? (If clothes use second and specify that it is 2nd)
Alcohol

Eating out
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 23:19   #35
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
OK OK OK

I know its a bit of a stretch, but if you could change your answers to answer...

Obviously everyone cares more about looking good than different, thats understandable. It was a poor question for what I was trying to acheive.
agree
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 23:31   #36
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
OK OK OK

K edited my post for you
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 23:57   #37
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Section 1
b)Gender?
d)Occupation?
a) 20
b) Male
c) I don't really know what equals, it's the thing you go to before university (if you go that road) or to become a handyman (if you choose those subjects)
d) student / afterschool "teacher"

Quote:
Section 2
my clothes are cheap.
a) Disagree
b) Agree
c) Disagree
d) Disagree
e) Strongly Disagree

Quote:
Section 3
it is 2nd)
a) 80%
b) 10%
c) Stimulants (ciggarettes, drugs when I use them, alcohol,coffe)
d) I don't buy many other things. It varies from month to month (sometimes books, sometimes movie tickets, sometimes films, sometimes household things and so on)
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:07   #38
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Section 1

16-25 (21)
b)Gender?
Male
Uni (undergrad)
d)Occupation?
Student and part-time Admin

Section 2

commodity.

disagree
neutral
strongly agree
my clothes are cheap.
disagree
neutral

Section 3

26-50%

0-25%

it is 2nd)

/Music/
Games
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:10   #39
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

+25

b)Gender?

M

Finished my Master's degree

d)Occupation?

Engineer

Section 2

commodity.

Strongly disagree

Strongly disagree

Agree

Strongly disagree

Agree

Section 3

0-25%

0-25%

it is 2nd)

Alcohol and or Drugs

Transport
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:16   #40
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Section 1

a) What is your age? 16-25

b) Gender? Male

c) Highest level of education? English BA

d) Occupation? Student

Section 2

a) When making a purchase a brand name is important to me. Disagree

b) I enjoy buying clothes. Strongly disagree

c) I value looking different to others. Neutral

d) I like people to know that my clothes cost a lot of money/I dislike people thinking that my clothes are cheap. Strongly disagree/ neutral

e) I feel an affinity with the general values of society. Agree

Section 3

a) What percentage of your clothes do you estimate could be described as "brand name goods"? 26-50%

b) What percentage of your "spending money" do you estimate you spend on clothing? 0-25%

c) What do you spend most of your spending money on? (If clothes use second and specify that it is 2nd) High culture: books

d) Same as c), but either second or third depending on positioning of clothes. Music
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:31   #41
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Section 1

16-25

b)Gender?
Male

c)Highest level of education? (Use the highest that you are currently in, i.e if you are part way through a Post grad and already have a Bachelors, use the PG).
Undergrad

d)Occupation?
Student

Section 2

For all these questions, either put: Strongly disagree/disagree/nuetral/agree/strongly agree. Also assume that all these questions relate to buying of clothing rather than any other kind commodity.

Agree

Neutral

Agree

Disagree

Agree

Section 3

51-75%

b) What percentage of your "spending money" (i.e after rent/food/bills/any money saved/large purchases) do you estimate you spend on clothing?
0-25%

c) What do you spend most of your spending money on? (If clothes use second and specify that it is 2nd)
Transport

Music
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:42   #42
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend reading 'Pattern Recognition' by William Gibson, that explores this topic to a certain extent (and is a good read too).

I'd also consider your sample pool very strongly... Think about the question you're asking... I'd hazard a guess that its not 'what to PA GD forumites think about branding?'...

Last edited by Chunderbunny; 14 Mar 2006 at 02:08.
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 01:54   #43
spunkie munkie
idiot

spunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of lightspunkie munkie is a glorious beacon of light

Section 1

16-25

b)Gender?
Male

Undergrad

d)Occupation?
Student

Section 2

For all these questions, either put: Strongly disagree/disagree/nuetral/agree/strongly agree. Also assume that all these questions relate to buying of clothing rather than any other kind commodity.

disagree

disagree

neutral

Disagree

disagree

Section 3

0-25%

0-25%

beer/drugs

Transport
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 02:52   #44
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Section 1

a)What is your age? 16-25/25+ 16-25

b)Gender? male

UG

d)Occupation? Student

Section 2

commodity.

a) When making a purchase a brand name is important to me. Disagree

b) I enjoy buying clothes. Agree

c) I value looking different to others. Neutral

my clothes are cheap. neutral

utterly ambiguous, just answer as best you can). Disagree

Section 3

0-25%

0-25%

it is 2nd)

Alcohol

KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote