User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:21   #1
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Imagine

Imagine this has actually happened. How different round 7, 8, 9 and 9.5 would have been.

Those rounds would have been much worse has the Romanian and Lithuanian players not been allowed to participate, in my opinion.

I brought this up now as it is rather significant given the attitude of the universe towards LDK.

And I must thank Mesiaz, for providing the thread to me in the first place.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:29   #2
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
i think with LDK out of the picture the past rounds would have been extremely boring with a outcome that would already be clear when the round had to start (every round would have been a r9), so i think its actually a good thing they stayed . And dispite all the cheater from LDK that have been caught i think no one can deny that LDK prolly has %-wise the biggest group of skilled (or active, how u like to look @ it) players from all the alliances and they have the best fighting spirit , a great alliance but with a bad name.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:31   #3
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I was in fine form in that thread When's that taken from ? I can't remember if it was R6 or R7 ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:35   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
I was in fine form in that thread When's that taken from ? I can't remember if it was R6 or R7 ?
r6

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:40   #5
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Definately round 6, end of.

ps. Proxies cookies are gay.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:41   #6
LaNiCoR
Chief Hashier

LaNiCoR is an unknown quantity at this point
I think one way or another we are all better off [LDK] stayed.

LaNiCoR

[F.E.A.R]
LaNiCoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:47   #7
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Definately round 6, end of.

ps. Proxies cookies are gay.
multi!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:50   #8
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
How different round 7, 8, 9 and 9.5 would have been.
AD would have a lot less **** threads with no purpose other than anti-LDK sentiments, somewhat in nature to the old FAnG pride sort.

If LDK haddn't been around, I don't think as much focus would have been put on activities of cheaters, thus, the game would be in much poorer shape than at present time.

Political-wise, I can only speculate.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 19:55   #9
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
multi!
Don't paste links from vbb boards to people on your network. They somehow log into your account and post under your nick.

How utterly, utterly odd.

Unread 14 Jul 2003, 21:54   #10
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Don't paste links from vbb boards to people on your network. They somehow log into your account and post under your nick.

How utterly, utterly odd.
Not odd at all. A lot of users (British in particular) are behind webcaches. When you browse the forum without cookies you need to send a certain snippet with information each time you click a link (as that information can't be found in the login-cookie). When someone browses using the same IP (the webcache IP) as you, using the same session ID as you, the webserver has no choice but believe it is you. Therefore I recommend you load your profile and turn on 'browse this forum with cookies'. This should render the s= field in all the urls empty. If in doubt, you can paste urls without your own session ID by deleting the hash between 's=' and the first '&'.

Also, without LDK 5S might not have sold PA.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 21:57   #11
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
ohoh

im a r6 lemming

would have been fun to know how the rounds would have gone if they werent there. still dont think it would be right to ban a country.

-Jonas.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 22:17   #12
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Re: ohoh

Quote:
Originally posted by dabult in that thread
Or could it have to do with that Ziukis yet today is to see a price from r4?
I believe he still hasn't received it

But I think it would have been quite boring without LDK. Well actually, I know so... 'lo r9.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 22:29   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I don't think it would have made that much of a difference, in the scheme of things.

Someone else would have taken their place as the bad guys, etc. I don't think any one alliance really could have that much effect on the game. AD would have been different as others have noted, but so?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:06   #14
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought I'd lost that wonderful log from my sig. Cheers
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:40   #15
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree that LDK staying in the game was good, but I don't think people are really scaling the impact the fraud had on planetarion correctly.
The first pay round they had and they had to pay $30,000 to the credit card companies because of the fraud.

Ofcourse I hardly pretend to know what the exact financial situation of planetarion was, but I think its not far off to say that it was this blow that put planetarion in a downwards spiral.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:48   #16
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Imagine

Quote:
Imagine this has actually happened. How different round 7, 8, 9 and 9.5 would have been.

Those rounds would have been much worse has the Romanian and Lithuanian players not been allowed to participate, in my opinion.
Round 9 was the worst even with LDK in it. rou8nd 9.5 was spoilt because of LDK presence.
They might have been ok in r8 but that is it.

So , 1,5 rounds they ruined and one round they were a interesting force

Without them I think a lot of things woud have been a lot better than they are now !!! So frankly the balance seems against LDK.

hAl
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 23:53   #17
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Imagine

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Round 9 was the worst even with LDK in it. rou8nd 9.5 was spoilt because of LDK presence.

Without them I think a lot of things woud have been a lot better than they are now !!! So frankly the balance seems against LDK.

hAl
/me laughs at hal's attitude change towards LDK compared to that old thread...

btw, LDK didn't play r9 as a group

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 00:04   #18
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Imagine

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio

btw, LDK didn't play r9 as a group
What old thread??? And what change of attitude ?
I think LDK can be a great alliance and probably showed that best in r8. Also I think they are clearly not without fault if you look at cheating which has shown itsself this round a lot !!!

r9 was just crap with or without LDK playing as a group. They weren't exactly playing all alone though.

hAl
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 00:16   #19
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
if it wasnt for ldk we wouldnt have threads on ad to discuss
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 01:35   #20
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Sad
the worst person you can try to fool is yourself, its ldk today.. it will be someone else's turn next round !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 02:00   #21
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: Re: Imagine

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

hAl
You arn't giving any reasons here, just baseless accusations. LDK didn't play round 9. Are you saying if there was no Lithuanians or Romanians playing round 9 it would have been better?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
I've been laughing at that change of attitude all round.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sad
No, I don't think so. Last round it was Eclipse, this round it's LDK. In past rounds it has been other alliances. Whoever is on top gets sh*t, without LDK there would just be other alliances being scrutinized.

Unread 15 Jul 2003, 02:56   #22
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Fred's post on page 5 is great. I mean really, truly great.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 04:42   #23
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Wandows
i think with LDK out of the picture the past rounds would have been extremely boring with a outcome that would already be clear when the round had to start (every round would have been a r9), so i think its actually a good thing they stayed . And dispite all the cheater from LDK that have been caught i think no one can deny that LDK prolly has %-wise the biggest group of skilled (or active, how u like to look @ it) players from all the alliances and they have the best fighting spirit , a great alliance but with a bad name.
Nope. Alliances balance against percieved threat, without LDK as a percieved threat, blocks would not have had to anticipate fighting them and would therefore have had a lower necessary strength. The result, if anything, would have been smaller blocks.

In general, any reduction in the number of 'elite' players (we wont even get into the numerous and 'colorful' accusations) would give mid to low range players a more interesting round, as there would be fewer people to bash them.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 12:51   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
the masters of mass multiing and account-sharing would be gone.

Means that Gosu and FaNG would be 1st in that area I guess
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 14:41   #25
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
the masters of mass multiing and account-sharing would be gone.

Means that Gosu and FaNG would be 1st in that area I guess
Zhukov u always were, u are and i think that you always will be one of the biggest twats on AD (like Cryptic for ex)
________
Dodge venom history

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:36.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 15:11   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Banned
Fred's post on page 5 is great. I mean really, truly great.
The best LDK themed post ever was Cryptic's "I'll just send over my credit card details" in response to their request for sponsors.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 23:51   #27
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
You where always too friendly Hicks
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote