User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:39   #1
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Regarding PA Login Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Yes, yes, the login questions aren't fully 100% correct.

Do we really need another thread on this?
Actually, with all do respect, I think that after what, 3 or 4 Rounds, spanning several months, it's high time those who code the login questions should be held accountable for their mistakes.

I know most of the questions are not exactly "difficult" but I can't help but recall the certain "George W. Bush" login question that just begged for public outcry.

Steps have already been taken to prevent "bot-response" and "bot-login" programs on the question pages themselves, but really, does the human brain need to be challenged and confused every single time it has to login for a brief three minutes to initiate a few roids or news scan a target?

It's a hassle, and I know it's a hassle to hear player after player "complain" but those who are in the coder's chair should recognize this and take the spoon-full offered them each time a problem arises and, dare I remind everyone, is not fixed.

I'm not here to flame or complain, just give an honest observation of being responsible.

P.S. What's 96 - 24 ?
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 05:56   #2
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light
I like the login questions, my maths skills are getting better!!!

But i can understand people like Scorpio being frustrated at having to ask someone for the answer every time he wants to login

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 08:10   #3
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Tin-Tin is an unknown quantity at this point
r3 --> 54:15:2 (TGS,YHQ) (n00b)
r4 --> 30:14:11(TGS,YHQ) (Smurf)
r5 --> 20:6:12 (TGS,YHQ)
r6 --> 35:1:2 (NewDawn) (F&F)
r7 --> 21:10:14 (NewDawn)
r8 --> 48:9:10 (Elysium)
r9 --> 1:3:9 (Elysium)
r9,5 --> x:x:x (?)
Tin-Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 08:18   #4
Lyam
filmjölk

Lyam is an unknown quantity at this point
thing is..

I cant count ( - ) for **** I fail those morre than I get em correct..ahaha I hate math...

and then we got the q“s like the ring bearer thingie... Immean there is actually alot of people who havent seen the movie nor read the book who r they supose to know?

/me snuggles hobbie
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:25   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Its impossible to login when drunk
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:30   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There is always the Windows Calculator for the maths questions, if you for some reason, such as intoxication, can't get through.

And Hobbie, I fully share your sentiments on this as well as everyone elses, and I will keep bringing the matter to the attention of those responsible.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:34   #7
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point
windows calculator does not help when the answers themselves are wrong
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 12:57   #8
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
The one that goes something like...

"The biggest moblie phone company in the world is from which country"

well...first i had to guess that it was nokia and then had to take my phone apart till i found somewhere it said "made in finland"

madness...MADNESS it is

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:40   #9
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
i have to ask crusie for every maths one what involves a fifference between the two numbers thats greater then 4 :/, but on the rare occasion she is not on i have 2 look 4 a calc (or find the comp based one), and yes it is a hassle. especially if u overlaid and have 2 mins 2 newscan and recall fleets etc ...

the questions such as "what is the 2nd letter in AWEFT" are much better in my honest opinion.

and ElAlan if thats true that is fckin hilarious ridiculas but hilarious all the same

(which login q's are wrong btw?)
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:45   #10
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
my personal fav has to be which artist likes children and monkeys

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:01   #11
Tuhan
Enjoying life ...

Tuhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
my personal fav has to be which artist likes children and monkeys
Whats the answer to that ? In case I come across it next time.
R4: 152:6:24 General Arclight of Carida [Tokra]
R5: 23:12:24 Tuhan of Syurga [ACID] - Sinners of Society
R6: 22:10:1 Chairman of I.O. Group of Companies [ACID][Olympus] - Draco Domiens
R7: 30:24:2 Director of Genting Highlands [VtS] - Kriminally Insane
R8 - R9: [Retired][Real Life]
R9.5: 34:3:15 Tuhan of Syurga [BoredOfRL][Fun] - Hidden Paradise
Tuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:03   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuhan
Whats the answer to that ? In case I come across it next time.
well i thought it was micheal jackson but the bot stopper did not agree with me

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:08   #13
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
well i thought it was micheal jackson but the bot stopper did not agree with me
Prolly because it is Michael Jackson
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:46   #14
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
so, what is the answer to the one about a poker hand looking like a telephone number?

Has anyone (or a bot for that matter) ever been closed for getting too many wrong questions?

Spinner said the limit is 10 wrong answers, I guess I'm on about 8 so far this round, mostly due to those 'multiply by zero' questions.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:58   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r

Spinner said the limit is 10 wrong answers, I guess I'm on about 8 so far this round, mostly due to those 'multiply by zero' questions.
HOLY CRAP!

I think I've got like 8 or 9 too!
I am having serious problems with poker-involved questions like if all your cards have the same suit what is your hand called?

Being an ignorant person I also have difficulties with Britney Spears music and other "culture"-related questions.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 18:17   #16
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all
i did not know which ship there is between destroyer and battleship.. thought it was cruiser or something, maybe i typed star cruiser tho..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 18:18   #17
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I have problems with any question requiering a life outside PA: card games, television, movies and music. I knew the question: how gryphons can a guardian kill in one tick. But anyone would memorize an easy queston like that.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 18:49   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r

afaik its 10 wrong in the same attempt at loging in. So once you are in, then log out and try to login again it resets at 0 again so you will be fine.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 19:18   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It is.

10 SEQUENTIAL wrong login questions.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 21:00   #20
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Could someone tell me what the poker hands are.
I mean when it says "What's KKAA5"
and I answer 2 pair, or two pair ... wrong ...
those are the most annoying questions.

Most people know the George W. Bush answer as it's been brought up constantly, but these new poker one's are horrid.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 22:26   #21
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
For what it's worth, and I've been forced to do this a few times myself, simply close your browser before you attempt an answer you aren't sure of, and then just restart in hopes that you'll get an easier question.

Or come and complain on PD. The mods love this, really, I should know.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 22:55   #22
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Add "when you mix color Y with color X you'll get what color?" to the horror list.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 00:42   #23
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Hmm I only got the "type KGJFK" or "type the x'th letter of DGGDA" questions this round (and yes i have logged in more than twice)
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 00:45   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Could someone tell me what the poker hands are.
I mean when it says "What's KKAA5"
and I answer 2 pair, or two pair ... wrong ...
those are the most annoying questions.

Try "aces on kings". Although to be honest there's a dozen different ways of saying that heh.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 00:45   #25
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Zo0f
I like the login questions, my maths skills are getting better!!!

But i can understand people like Scorpio being frustrated at having to ask someone for the answer every time he wants to login
oi, this is sheer coincidence that I see my name here...
But i don't need help logging in. I simply never log out

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 04:20   #26
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light
Blatent lies, i know your stalking me!!!!

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 05:56   #27
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Try "aces on kings". Although to be honest there's a dozen different ways of saying that heh.
'two pairs'. I think.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 06:39   #28
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
'two pairs'. I think.
"Great Question to Ask People." In my humpable opinion.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 15:54   #29
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
I know it's a pain - but what's so hard about pressing the back arrow and clicking the "Login" button again when you get a question you don't like the look of?
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 16:28   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
'two pairs'. I think.

Which is actually one of the only wrong ways of saying it. (There's something infinitely humourous about that......)
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 16:54   #31
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by ArcChas
I know it's a pain - but what's so hard about pressing the back arrow and clicking the "Login" button again when you get a question you don't like the look of?
Because all these losers need something to complain about, no matter how petty and stupid it might be.
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 02:15   #32
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
If you are old enough, on a Friday, after work, you should go down to the pub and have a ....
Drink? No. Shot? No. Beer? Yes. Wank? No.

Probably the most ****ing dumb question ever. I won't even mention, merely bold, the most idiotic parts of that question.
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 02:22   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
Drink? No. Shot? No. Beer? Yes. Wank? No.

Probably the most ****ing dumb question ever. I won't even mention, merely bold, the most idiotic parts of that question.

I'll run the question i got ealier against that. "Has norway ever beaten england in football? (hint:yes)"

If it needed a hint why did you pick it as a question? I swear there's a small overworked monkey coming up with these :(
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 07:06   #34
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
If it needed a hint why did you pick it as a question? I swear there's a small overworked monkey coming up with these
So that's where they stuffed Prince... makes sense now.*

*Feel free to take advantage of a "I bet Zeus was his trainer lolololol" joke.
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 04:45   #35
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I made a "which is the stupidest bot stopper question" thread a while back.

I can't remember the best one. It was comedy gold though.

I had one recently that was similar to
"Where did the phone company Nokia originate"

Stupidly, I thought Japan (where else?)... but apparently that was wrong.
Thank god for having a Back Button on my mouse, so I have minimal effort retrying until I get a normal question.
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 06:52   #36
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
all i do is click 'login' with no answer in the box.

It changes the question.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 11:36   #37
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
For what it's worth, and I've been forced to do this a few times myself, simply close your browser before you attempt an answer you aren't sure of, and then just restart in hopes that you'll get an easier question.

Or come and complain on PD. The mods love this, really, I should know.

Or you could just refresh the page which also works..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 21:31   #38
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat

Stupidly, I thought Japan (where else?)... but apparently that was wrong.
Finland.

Fs.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 02:40   #39
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold
I logged in to post the one about what you should do on a friday night but I see I was beaten to it...

btw I tried drink, pint, beer, lager, etc and now it's bugging me what the real answer could be (and yes, wank crossed my mind too)

I just got this login question though
what rimes with clock, and comes after a tick?

Honestly, before I worked it out, I was thinking along the lines of combat report, refreshing gal status etc
Quetzovercoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 03:56   #40
HobbieRogue4
etc.

"Beer" is the answer. And I wouldn't really say "tock" rhymes with "clock" per se... again, stupid, stupid questions.

Still, it's the questions with blatantly wrong answers that are the real problem.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 04:28   #41
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Finland.

Fs.
I just assumed they were Japanese.
Nokia sounds kind of Japanese... and plus they are way ahead of us in technology so I assumed they were a well-established mobile phone company.
Oh well.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 04:29   #42
Tomkat

Quote:
And I wouldn't really say "tock" rhymes with "clock" per se... again, stupid, stupid questions.

I wrote "c ock" for that one
I thought it said "rhymed with tock" and it was about 6am, so I wasn't looking.
clock is almost c ock...

Oh shut up
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:00   #43
Rimmer

Rimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
I just assumed they were Japanese.
Nokia sounds kind of Japanese... and plus they are way ahead of us in technology so I assumed they were a well-established mobile phone company.
Oh well.

ikea thats not japanese is it

muppet.
Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 00:18   #44
logamus

whats wrong with just hitting the "login" button until you get the "second letter" question? it wont take 10 trys to get to one of those.

Unread 9 Jul 2003, 23:24   #45
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold
"Margareth Thatcher was Prime Minister of"

United Kingdom, Great Britain etc = wrong answer

but "England" lets you in
Quetzovercoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 22:57   #46
Azaghal

Azaghal is an unknown quantity at this point
btw, if you hit the back button and then relogin to get a new question, it counts as answering the question wrong. So you can't circumvent it.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, I got my account auto locked for too many wrong answers start of the round, and I had to wait until ticks started until I could login again, which meant a couple of days...

But normally after 2 ticks or so you can login again, and I don't *think* I ended up on some big black list because of too many wrong answers, but can't tell for sure, ofc.

Anyway, I still don't get why PA has to fanatically stick to these stupid and anoying questions, it only takes a few min to generate some good questions.

Name me any web service which has questions like this, most just stick to the plain and simple "enter the number in the box shown here", which at least everyone can answer.
Azaghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 23:07   #47
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
And I wouldn't really say "tock" rhymes with "clock" per se... again, stupid, stupid questions.

Still, it's the questions with blatantly wrong answers that are the real problem.
Wrong, a ryming word is the ending, not the begniing two letters.

clock
tock
stock
mock
flock

All count as ryhmes.

I could go into ccvcc words and breaking em down, but just take my word as a teacher on this one cause i cba
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 04:57   #48
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Quetzovercoatl

I just got this login question though
what rimes with clock, and comes after a tick?

Honestly, before I worked it out, I was thinking along the lines of combat report, refreshing gal status etc
I was still thinking that until i read this thread :/