User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 16:46   #1
MarcBaker

MarcBaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Payment

Who here thinks payment sucks,

Do we have to pay for Round 10?

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 16:57   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Yes you will have to pay for r10. I dont think payment details have been released yet but i would guess it'll be something like £10, maybe slightly more.

There will be a free 2 week preview of r10 though which you can play before deciding to pay.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 17:01   #3
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Re: Payment

Quote:
Originally posted by MarcBaker
Who here thinks payment sucks,

Do we have to pay for Round 10?

Do you like to get payed? I'd say probably yes. Why do you think those working to create this game do not? I for one, do not think payment "sucks"
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 17:50   #4
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's another one of those things you just hav to accept though! Oh well...
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 18:10   #5
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
how the fk can you afford a computer if you think 10 euro for 3 months of gaming is much?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 18:30   #6
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by mens
how the fk can you afford a computer if you think 10 euro for 3 months of gaming is much?
lol.. nice one
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 18:52   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by mens
Lots of people are on the internet who don't own a computer, especially teenagers who are living at home and using their parent's computer(s), students who are at school and using the school's computers, and even those who have access to computers at work and libraries and such, but who don't own one.

And btw, it's 14 Euros if you pay by credit card (which a lot of people don't have either) and 15 Euros if you pay by cash/check/etc.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 18:54   #8
-CP-
SHW

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Lots of people are on the internet who don't own a computer, especially teenagers who are living at home and using their parent's computer(s), students who are at school and using the school's computers, and even those who have access to computers at work and libraries and such, but who don't own one.

And btw, it's 14 Euros if you pay by credit card (which a lot of people don't have either) and 15 Euros if you pay by cash/check/etc.

What is this? Lot's of people day? Lot's of people only have 14" screens, lot's of people surf the net without their own computers.. Well then I suppose then they can't afford to play this, and many other games? You seem grumpy these days tacticus

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 19:05   #9
f1llip

if you dont want to pay go away if you are a student and cant afford to pay ten pounds then get a job bunch of tax dodgers
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 19:21   #10
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
What is this? Lot's of people day? Lot's of people only have 14" screens, lot's of people surf the net without their own computers.. Well then I suppose then they can't afford to play this, and many other games?
Well, maybe they can't. But why mock them because they can't afford to play or to buy a bigger monitor? When p2p was first introduced to PA, we encouraged people to buy multiple IDs. In fact, the cost to buy 2 was the same as the cost to buy 1. The idea was that those who could afford to pay (or who had credit cards) could take care of those couldn't (or didn't). There was a real concern for, and an effort to take care of, those who couldn't afford to play. Now, it seems, it's acceptable to just slag them off. :/
Quote:
You seem grumpy these days tacticus
I am grumpy. Customer service was never PA's strong suit, but they used to do a better job of at least pretending to care. The PA Community used to do a better job of looking after its own too.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 19:32   #11
-CP-
SHW

Quote:
But why mock them because they can't afford to play or to buy a bigger monitor?
Sorry.. did not mean to mock anyone for not having money.. I just feel that parts of the community is trying to make problems where there are none.. I don't honestly believe that using 1024x768 resolution is a huge problem for many players of this game, and I do not believe that anyone can work and create something for free over a long period of time.

I can't go inside a store and complain because I think the meatloaf is too expensive. If I can't afford it, I can't have it. And I wouldn't expect paying customers in that store to enjoy me moaning about it for weeks and weeks..

When it comes to "taking care of our own", let's face it.. The option of buying several credits was abused so much it became a problem.. What do you suggest instead?

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 20:41   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
Sorry.. did not mean to mock anyone for not having money.. I just feel that parts of the community is trying to make problems where there are none.. I don't honestly believe that using 1024x768 resolution is a huge problem for many players of this game,
It probably isn't a problem at all for most players. But on the other hand, I'm sure it will be a problem for some players. For a game that's struggling financially, I just don't think it makes a lot of sense to alienate customers--especially over something you don't really need (it's nice eye candy, but face it, who's going to play PA just for the gfx?) As I mentioned in another thread, I'd be perfectly happy with a text-only option. Keep the graphics for those who want them but don't let them become a barrier to keep customers out.
Quote:
and I do not believe that anyone can work and create something for free over a long period of time.
I don't have a big problem with PA charging money to play, but don't use it as a club to drive away customers. The reality is that there are a lot of on-line games available and many of them are free. Instead of saying, 'It's $15, take it or leave it.' say 'Yes, it's $15, but look at all you get for that.' and then 'Well, there's a 2-week free trial, why don't you at least give it a try?' Etc. etc. Basic Marketing 101, really.

(btw, hats off to JC who basically said exactly this in his reply).
Quote:
I can't go inside a store and complain because I think the meatloaf is too expensive. If I can't afford it, I can't have it. And I wouldn't expect paying customers in that store to enjoy me moaning about it for weeks and weeks.
Who's been moaning for weeks and weeks?
Quote:
When it comes to "taking care of our own", let's face it.. The option of buying several credits was abused so much it became a problem.. What do you suggest instead?
Well, in yesterday's CH, Spinner said "packages will be available," so I'm assuming people can still buy multiple IDs for a discount. Alliances and other groups can save some money and hopefully take care of a few people who otherwise couldn't afford to play.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 21:29   #13
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am grumpy. Customer service was never PA's strong suit, but they used to do a better job of at least pretending to care. The PA Community used to do a better job of looking after its own too.
I will agree with this, they community seems to be drifing apart, becomming stubbon, which makes others grumpy - justifyably - but then it's a chain reaction...

My friend (with his debit card) bought discounted 5 games, for 9 & 10

Why not have done this, I pay my friend cash, and have my account activated. When P2P first came about people would buy mutilple accounts and give them away, infact there was a whole forum to this.....
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 11:01   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

(btw, hats off to JC who basically said exactly this in his reply).

I've been practicing my public relations skills .

I do agree with you that customer service does need to be improved. Happy customers bring in their friends, unhappy customers quit and stop others from playing.