User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 Apr 2003, 23:49   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The thing that bothers me a bit about this situation

all those WEET members getting lucky one round and immediately riding on a brand new shining white horse through the city while they don't even know how to sadle it.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 23:57   #2
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The thing that bothers me a bit about this situation

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
all those WEET members getting lucky one round and immediately riding on a brand new shining white horse through the city while they don't even know how to sadle it.
All i got was a lousy T-shirt

I want horseh!!!!
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:03   #3
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Like we'd trust you on a horse Denniz
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:05   #4
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
iraqi's had pick-up trucks.
US have abrahams.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:05   #5
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Like we'd trust you on a horse Denniz
under a horse maybe? I think I saw a video of that...
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:06   #6
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
US have abrahams.
boys have a penis
girls have a vagina
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:11   #7
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
under a horse maybe? I think I saw a video of that...
Wasnt me!!,

that were the :e_bunny: and the :e_chick:
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:29   #8
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
****e players have done well in PA for ages through politics and connections (ie gal mates). And superb players have done poorly for the exact same reasons.

It happens.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:33   #9
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
****e players have done well in PA for ages through politics and connections (ie gal mates). And superb players have done poorly for the exact same reasons.

It happens.
It is now the PA way...

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:35   #10
NightSinner
Gimp Handler

NightSinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

It happens.
jealousy is an ugly thing
<Blue|WORKING> they are all sitting on a LAN
<Blue|WORKING> DUH
<[RO]NightSinner> hehe
<[RO]NightSinner> my mistake
<TomKat> Lithuanian Area Network
NightSinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:38   #11
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by NightSinner
If you knew anything you might realise that here you just look like a silly little troll, but since I'm assuming you don't, I'll be nice.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:39   #12
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by NightSinner
ATM I can attack some WEET people nearly twice my score because of their ****ty fleet composition. It's not isolated either, as every raid I've been in there's been atleast 1. I don't call that jealousy.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 00:40   #13
NightSinner
Gimp Handler

NightSinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If you knew anything you might realise that here you just look like a silly little troll, but since I'm assuming you don't, I'll be nice.
awwww i feel so special now
<Blue|WORKING> they are all sitting on a LAN
<Blue|WORKING> DUH
<[RO]NightSinner> hehe
<[RO]NightSinner> my mistake
<TomKat> Lithuanian Area Network
NightSinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 12:40   #14
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
It is now the PA way...
It has always been the way (with the exception of r8, perhaps, and even then...).

Alliances win rounds, not players, and those who are in the winning alliance will do better than anyone in the losing alliance. That has always been the case.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 12:45   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
It has always been the way (with the exception of r8, perhaps, and even then...).

Alliances win rounds, not players, and those who are in the winning alliance will do better than anyone in the losing alliance. That has always been the case.

Man speaks truth. If game had been fury in round three he would have gotten enough defence. However he wasn't and singu won that round heh.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 12:48   #16
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Brilliant
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 13:01   #17
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
US have abrahams.
But one day in a sandstorm a few Iraqi came with a truck with a missile on top of it and blew up the abrahams tank.

This round ain't over. Would be nice to see the helmsmen and the gunner pick a fight among each other.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 13:13   #18
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:

r6 the winning player was in a losing alliance
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 13:20   #19
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
He farmed like a mad cat and had his whole alliance just defending him so ? (he was in the losing alliance of the 2nd war, altho they hadnt completely lost by then)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 13:34   #20
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Man speaks truth. If game had been fury in round three he would have gotten enough defence. However he wasn't and singu won that round heh.
you really have no clue do yuo?
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 13:38   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
you really have no clue do yuo?

Seeing as I was there I think I still remember most of it.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 13:38   #22
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Allow me to re-phrase my statement then:

If your alliance is failing, you will suffer also. If your alliance is doing well, you will do better than those in failing alliances. LDK in r6 never gave up, and continued to function well until the very end. The same cannot be said for the losing alliances this round.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 13:39   #23
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
WeeT should leave riding to the ones that know how to ride: Forward The Ponies of ND
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 14:53   #24
Sauron
Mordor

Sauron has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Imagine what i will laugh in r10 when i roid those weet pansies...
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:51   #25
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
ATM I can attack some WEET people nearly twice my score because of their ****ty fleet composition. It's not isolated either, as every raid I've been in there's been atleast 1. I don't call that jealousy.
indeed, 2 of my gal mates have eta 9 pods fs
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:54   #26
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: The thing that bothers me a bit about this situation

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
Imagine what i will laugh in r10 when i roid those weet pansies...
Stagnation because too many people are stupid and blame people, not situations for how this game turns out.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:57   #27
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
indeed, 2 of my gal mates have eta 9 pods fs

Mantis?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:58   #28
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

So.. all weet members basically can't play pa in your oppinion? While you on the other hand is 1337?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 16:51   #29
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
So.. all weet members basically can't play pa in your oppinion? While you on the other hand is 1337?

noooooooooooooo

NOT the other hand you pe0n!!!

geeez
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 16:57   #30
Yaroslav
Whooopaa!

Yaroslav can only hope to improve

Quote:
That's exactly what he implied, sad, isn't it?
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 17:09   #31
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

ah, yea. that explains all. everyone who had a bit brain knew what happened.

dont tell me you counted that there will be more than 4 k planets and whilest knowing that still making such a gorgerous block ? and even better, STILL allowing 4 neutrals into galaxies ?.

what a shame.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 17:19   #32
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Had it been a open outcome of this war and one side lost, then no problem. You know that didnt happen this round...

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 17:36   #33
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Allow me to re-phrase my statement then:

If your alliance is failing, you will suffer also. If your alliance is doing well, you will do better than those in failing alliances. LDK in r6 never gave up, and continued to function well until the very end. The same cannot be said for the losing alliances this round.
After second day of incoming on all planets I knew we had lost and only could try to get the NAHRWEET split as fast as possible.

I can try to explain the consept of attacking when every planets get incoming and no def are available at all. If its in the start you seriously fall behind. Morale plunges. People have to rely on crossdeffing ingal saving a few planets, while our enemys have all fleets out attacking.

Its a dead end to get in this position this early. VOM never got the head start we needed to survive this round. Making a excessive block ruined this round and you know it, Rob.

Had NAHRWEET split a bit earlier, VOM might have had a chance of coming back. The split came too late, even thou some did every possible to make it happen sooner than later. Instead what happens is that too many gals fencesit giving VOM almost continious incoming still on their most active players, as thats fencesitters only valid targets.

This round isnt worth putting 1000 workhours into. This game becomes a smaller priority than RL and we all loose from it.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 17:41   #34
God
of War

God can only hope to improve

Quote:
All but true , look at some WP "1337" gals (lol) with players with 700 roids....(*g*)

Big numbers , but low on know how...

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 17:48   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
The do not know how to act in the situation they have been put in with. They are like winning the lottery but not investing their money with policy, it will all be gone and they won't learn from it.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:12   #36
-CP-
SHW

Re: Re: Re: The thing that bothers me a bit about this situation

Quote:
The do not know how to act in the situation they have been put in with. They are like winning the lottery but not investing their money with policy, it will all be gone and they won't learn from it.

Well thank God we have people like you who are there for us, able to point us in the right direction...

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:37   #37
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
After second day of incoming on all planets I knew we had lost and only could try to get the NAHRWEET split as fast as possible.

I can try to explain the consept of attacking when every planets get incoming and no def are available at all. If its in the start you seriously fall behind. Morale plunges. People have to rely on crossdeffing ingal saving a few planets, while our enemys have all fleets out attacking.

Its a dead end to get in this position this early. VOM never got the head start we needed to survive this round. Making a excessive block ruined this round and you know it, Rob.

Had NAHRWEET split a bit earlier, VOM might have had a chance of coming back. The split came too late, even thou some did every possible to make it happen sooner than later. Instead what happens is that too many gals fencesit giving VOM almost continious incoming still on their most active players, as thats fencesitters only valid targets.

This round isnt worth putting 1000 workhours into. This game becomes a smaller priority than RL and we all loose from it.
Cry me a river. You got bashed for a week and a half. Good lord. Many many many allainces in PA history have been bashed longer and managed to fight on. Many players have been bashed for round after round and played on.

You blame us for your members running away after less than 1.5 weeks of incoming?

Not only did you not get hit for long, you got hit early. You still had almost the entire round ahead of you to climb back up. You had plenty of time.

The Nar weet nap didnt ruin this round. Any decent alliance should be able to survive 1.5 weeks of heavy incoming and be able to bounce back. Especially that early in the round. It isnt weets fault that vom crumbled like a dry cookie, hell we were seeing whining threads from vom players like 2 days into the round. If vom had performed up to any kind of level, and stayed in the round through a tiny period of being bashed, and then worked with nar, this round would have been very different.

The point is, this is no one groups fault. The round happened how it happened. Weet didnt do anything totally out of control. So stop trying to throw blame around, it just makes things worse by drawing our community apart.

Last edited by K-W; 11 Apr 2003 at 18:43.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:49   #38
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
The Nar weet nap didnt ruin this round
Could someone post that "You are an idiot" Link thing for him here please.
He's in DESPARITE need of it.
Quote:
and then worked with nar, this round would have been very different.
Sorry, we don't need to win at all costs like some people.
We don't need to have more then two times the numbers of allies to play a game.
We are not cowards.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:52   #39
-CP-
SHW

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
[b]Could someone post that "You are an idiot" Link thing for him here please.
We are not cowards.

Sorry to say this, but you may be the most boring poster ever.. I've never seen you actually post anything but crap..

Do you have an oppinion of your own at all?

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:53   #40
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Sorry to say this, but you may be the most boring poster ever.. I've never seen you actually post anything but crap..

Do you have an oppinion of your own at all?
Quote:
-CP-
Slave
*yawn*
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:54   #41
-CP-
SHW

Quote:
*yawn*

Wow..

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 19:12   #42
K-W
Bored

Quote:
[b]Could someone post that "You are an idiot" Link thing for him here please.
We are not cowards.
No you are morons. You shot yourslef in the foot and then ran around blaming everyone else.

You setup these odd rules in your head that dont make any sense. Then you get upset when no one else plays by them. If vom decided they didnt want to try to succeed in this round, they cant blame anyone else for thier lack of success.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 19:36   #43
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Cry me a river. You got bashed for a week and a half. Good lord. Many many many allainces in PA history have been bashed longer and managed to fight on. Many players have been bashed for round after round and played on.

You blame us for your members running away after less than 1.5 weeks of incoming?

Not only did you not get hit for long, you got hit early. You still had almost the entire round ahead of you to climb back up. You had plenty of time.

The Nar weet nap didnt ruin this round. Any decent alliance should be able to survive 1.5 weeks of heavy incoming and be able to bounce back. Especially that early in the round. It isnt weets fault that vom crumbled like a dry cookie, hell we were seeing whining threads from vom players like 2 days into the round. If vom had performed up to any kind of level, and stayed in the round through a tiny period of being bashed, and then worked with nar, this round would have been very different.

The point is, this is no one groups fault. The round happened how it happened. Weet didnt do anything totally out of control. So stop trying to throw blame around, it just makes things worse by drawing our community apart.
I think you are one of the few people in EET that still belives in this. Its minds like yours that ruined this game. Its sad that you are such an important person in this game, as your actions and thoughts have a destructive effect on it.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:26   #44
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
So it's nobodies fault. Things just happen. Nobody tries to control how things happen and who ends up winning. Hmm. Sounds logical.

BTW. How would drawing your community apart make things worse?
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:56   #45
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
- SNIP-
You just keep posting this crap...

1) You obviously do not understand why peeps in VOM started 'whining' as u put it 2 days into the round... It was it was plainly obvious that the war with NARWEET was the most one-sided in PA history after the first night...let alone the second day... NARWEET had enuff members to cover every VOM gal on any particular night and still had ample ships in reserve for defence.

I have been on the losing side before (i.e NEWX as one example) and I have NEVER seen such sustained and concentrated incoming

2) 1.5 weeks? Are you taking the piss? Even after the NAP broke down VOM gals with roids continued to be targeted. I think my gal had about 2 clear nights in the first 3 weeks of the round...the only reason the incoming started dying down was because our scores/roids were so small...

3) Also have you never heard of exponential growth? No alliance was a bashed as much as VOM was straight out of protection in the history of PA...how the hell do you suppose we were supposed to recover from that...dont give me that time excuse...you know it is bull****. What alliance in history ever had such massive and overwhelming incoming for such a sustained period? I know that whenever anyone in my gal gets over 300 roids u can guarantee that we get targetted by some galaxy at least four times our size...

Where we supposed to get roids from after your NAP broke down? NARWEET gals needed multiple VOM on each planet...and could easily defend and that is not even taking into account the fact that NARWEET could counter safe in the knowledge that VOM was prolly out of ships. And the non-aligned gals were as roided as we were.

Ofc as a 'superior' skilled Eclipse player your alliance would have handlled it better. Oh yes...you would all have Top 100 gals by now...what bollocks!

You say about not pulling the community apart? Well I find that very funny coming from someone who continues to try and justify NARWEET - the most excessive block in PA history...

As you said the problem was not the cause of any one group...after all VOM didnt have to create totally private gals, the PA Crew could have made the round random etc..

There are probably many other factors which had an impact on making this round such a dissappointment...but you need to acknowledge that WEET as part of NARWEET played a significant part in it.

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 21:09   #46
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W in response to Psi_K
No you are morons. You shot yourslef in the foot and then ran around blaming everyone else.
ummmm....

Quote:
Originally posted EARLIER by K-W
So stop trying to throw blame around, it just makes things worse by drawing our community apart.
Glad that you are trying to keep our community together now K-W... I will definitely sleep well tonite knowing u r on the case

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 21:17   #47
SpazMonster
No, really...

No offence Germania, but you do not know what you are talking about. How could you? You have never been exposed to the type of situation that VOM was in at the beginning of the round. You shrug off the lack of resistance as VOM not trying. We did try, we attacked nightly despite the massive amounts of incoming. Because of the number advantage 70%+ of vom galaxies recieved incoming every night. Do the numbers; if 70% of vom has incoming, 30% are able to send defence outside of their gal, and since beginning incomings you need to stop all pods to have a successfull defence, it takes about 4 planets per incoming to stop it. That means about 10% of the incoming actually got covered, while 50-60%++ were losing roids on a nightly basis. narweet had a larger defence pool to draw from and without news scans, people lost fleets again because of the enourmous number advantage. Stop comparing this to round 6 in your head. Round 9 is nothing like round 6.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 21:24   #48
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

You setup these odd rules in your head that dont make any sense. Then you get upset when no one else plays by them. If vom decided they didnt want to try to succeed in this round, they cant blame anyone else for thier lack of success.
The lack of success isn't the complaint. The method used to oblitterate VOM is. VOM was created as an example and then was totally crapped on by the rest of the universe. If there would have been a few other groups in a 3 4 or 5 way war and in the end vom lost, you can sure as hell bet vom hc would be congradulating the victors on a well played round, instead of the bull**** that's being spread right now.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 21:44   #49
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
ummmm....

Glad that you are trying to keep our community together now K-W... I will definitely sleep well tonite knowing u r on the case
He can't keep his story straight one post from another.
I wonder why he keeps trying some times.
At least he keeps us amused.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 21:49   #50
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No offence Germania, but you do not know what you are talking about. How could you? You have never been exposed to the type of situation that VOM was in at the beginning of the round. You shrug off the lack of resistance as VOM not trying. We did try, we attacked nightly despite the massive amounts of incoming. Because of the number advantage 70%+ of vom galaxies recieved incoming every night. Do the numbers; if 70% of vom has incoming, 30% are able to send defence outside of their gal, and since beginning incomings you need to stop all pods to have a successfull defence, it takes about 4 planets per incoming to stop it. That means about 10% of the incoming actually got covered, while 50-60%++ were losing roids on a nightly basis. narweet had a larger defence pool to draw from and without news scans, people lost fleets again because of the enourmous number advantage. Stop comparing this to round 6 in your head. Round 9 is nothing like round 6.

actually i must intercede here, Germ definately has dealt with a similar situation..... not alliance wide, but definately galaxy level.

1.16 Rd6 nuff said.

his galaxies mettle showed thru that round with shining colours, even as i had to leave them as i couldnt do so with RL issues etc.

They fought on and eventually the tides turned for that galaxy and they returned to relative respectability in the ranks.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote