User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Apr 2003, 08:50   #1
Rappie

Rappie is an unknown quantity at this point
It has been said so many times...

How lame weet is...
ok attacking me while Im in a weet gal, sure why not Im not weet myself....
but if u start msg-ing my gal members who might be weet not to defend me...
I thought this game was about some fighting, the more equal the better, I enjoy income now and then really, like trying to get defence, the stress etc

But if weet lamers start msg-ing my friends! who they dont even know, but they happen to fight under the same alliance..... and who are they to tell my friends not to defend me???
Damn u guys affraid of little resistance.. Im sorry not every1 gives u free roids, but u shouldnt act so lame if some1 tries 2 put up a fight really..

although this thread was prolly very useless it does make me feel a bit better
Rappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 08:51   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
welcome to the wonderful world of Planetarion
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 08:53   #3
Dreadnought!

**** a duck
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 08:55   #4
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Re: It has been said so many times...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rappie
Yes.. and that is why we're here.. to make you feel better..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:00   #5
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
gal > alliance
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:32   #6
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hurragutten
gal > alliance
It depends. For those seeing a game as a game, hence doing it for fun, friends and stuff ofc mean a thing and the meaning of playing PA is to entertain you.

But PA has developped far beyond this. Most alliances have become more than just a co-operation between friends - some alliances have become anonymous enterprises. The system feeds itself. A "professional" alliance plays to be on top and to provide their members / employees with what they need to keep the alliance alive. Alliance leaders' jobs are to look that their members do well roid-/scorewise. This is their job and this is what they look after. The more "serious" this game is played, the more competitive this game gets, the more will the focus shift to roids/score and away from fun/friends. It's nothing evil, dis"honourable" or lame - it's a natural development. Alliance leaders only looking that their alliance wins "at all costs" simply do their jobs. Ofc one can question if the real meaning of PA is to be big and hence the fun-part plays an inferior role. But for most ppl the fun is to be big and "rule" and have "power" and be "mighty". So - the alliance leaders do no "bad" or "evil" things - they just look that their members get what they demand.

It's like in real life. If you work in a small start-up with some 5 friends you will have closer bounds and less strict rules. The bigger an alliance/corporation gets, the more it will ofc only look after it's development as a whole. If members don't contribute to it they will be fired. No member will be allowed to act against the corporation he's in. So no member of your gal will be allowed to send ships against their own alliance because it won't benefit the alliance. Simple.

Get used to it. It's nothing I myself find a positive development of PA. I sometimes miss the pure fun-part in it. No online-game (or game at all) is about pure fun if played on a larger scale. It's about sheer power and winning. That's a part of human nature. Those playing such a game really only for fun purposes must live with the fact that most of the co-players are here to be on top.

If you don't like it - change it. If you can't change it - leave it.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:54   #7
Rappie

so ur saying it's the Alliance's job to ruin pa....
we better disband some more then:|
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:55   #8
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
It was also made clear at the start of the round that a handful of weet members in a gal doesnt give gal protection. Otherwise every enemy gal would signup a player or two and became immune. If we leave those planets uncovered its because we dont expect them to def, especially when the planet in question is shown as less than friendly.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:58   #9
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
well if ppl get free roids if galm8s dont defend, whats more great?
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:02   #10
Lerxst
baka.

Quote:
so ur saying it's the Alliance's job to ruin pa....
we better disband some more then:|
It's not their job to "ruin" PA. It has never been. It's just part of their job that the effects of their actions may ruin the fun for some players. But the majority of the alliance members see "being big" as most important goal. Hence, alliances act according to their members needs. Blame every single PA-player - not alliances.

The day you profit from the system is the day you will be part of it

Btw: Your situation causes an conflict of interest for your weet-mates. On the one hand they like to stay to you. On the other hand to their alliance. WEET demands them to stay neutral. Which is not the unfairest demand imo...
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:05   #11
Jori.X.McKie

2 cents:

It is/was blantantly stupid for you or your friends to think 1 NaR guy in a Weet galaxy or vice versa will be protected.

I call this trying to fencesit and now recognizing: uooops that didn´t work.

Excluding all the other arguments as i wanted to play with my friends, well then you should have change your alliance before the round started.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:17   #12
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Lets see a scenario:
Your galm8, hostile to weet (because his galaxy is at war with weet) is now attacking an alliancem8 of you, must not be even a close one, just a random member. Now he loses roids and your gal gets them, so you are happy. Now this guy is kinda angry, because he lost roids to a galm8 of an guy he calls ally, so he wants them back and makes all the long procedures and finally launches.
Now the witty ingal Weet thinks "wait thats my galm8 i cant let him beeing roided, even if he attacked my alliancem8" so you defend.

Apart from this scenario you run then next week into a 3rd party roiding your galaxy, maybe even the whole galaxy, so you go to your alliancenetwork and say "look im a member i want defence".

Our Alliancedude of the first scenario sits there and pees his pants "what i should defend this guy ? after his galm8 has stolen my roids and defended (maybe even killed) some of my ships ?, hahahahah"

End of the story is "why are you in an alliance and why should your alliance defend you if you go balantly against them?"

It sounds illogical to have an anarchy alliance where ppl can defend kill and roid each other or friends of each other and demand defence from the same ppl they pissed off the other day.
Such thing would never work.

On the otherhand those recall mails are mostly seen with a smile, but their purpose is not only to "scare" or "threaten" your defender, they also inform him.
"if you defend, fine by us, we respect that. then u will face punishment"

An alliance should be your "family" because otherwise i question your motives why you join one. Its abit hypocritical to join an alliance to benefit from "their power and good organisation" and in return to exspect them to "play honourable and leave MY friends alone who are HOSTILE to THEM".

I bet in your case your friends made their choice, if they stick up for you, congratz true friends, hard to come by, i bet their alliance is dissappointed and will see them as disloyal and punish/kick them.

If they recalled, they are maybe not so close friends of yours eh ? Their alliance will pat on their back and honour them for beeing a loyal bunch who do the best for the alliance/alliancecommunity.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:17   #13
Rappie

I dont mind incomming, Im not planning on fencesitting, like I said I do like to get defence now and then, but I dont like some alliance guys telling my friends not to defend me, because they are affraid of a fair fight!!

and yeah it causes some troubles for my weet m8s in my gal, again caused by weet income threatning them...
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:28   #14
Rappie

and razorback nice story, but that's not what's going on here....
This is no retal or anything it's just a normal attack and I'd like 2 put up a normal fight..

and the conclusion of ur story is... no matter what my weet friends can do no good 2 both?????
caus they'll either be hated by their alliance or hated my be?
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:31   #15
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hurragutten
gal > alliance
Im sure your alliance would like to know that
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:34   #16
Rappie

btw 1 other thing..
about the attacking If I go out attacking my galm8s alliances they freak out aswell...
we've had this problem be4.. we attacked them (ofc not the guys who were in the alliance) they got mad and we got full scale retal.......

They're just forcing us to fence sit, but then they do attack us......

/me is totally confused now btw...
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:36   #17
Dreadnought!

Quote:
btw 1 other thing..
about the attacking If I go out attacking my galm8s alliances they freak out aswell...
we've had this problem be4.. we attacked them (ofc not the guys who were in the alliance) they got mad and we got full scale retal.......

go shove you gimmick account up your rectum
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:36   #18
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
btw 1 other thing..

As far as I can tell from your story, noone is forcing you to do anything.. If you dislike your allience so much that you defend against them, you should quit.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:37   #19
Rappie

cp did u even read the posts??
Im not in the alliance..
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:46   #20
-CP-
SHW

Quote:
cp did u even read the posts??
Im not in the alliance..

Doesn't matter.. prinsiple should be understandable for you anyway..

Unread 4 Apr 2003, 11:09   #21
Lerxst
baka.

Point is: the game mechanics are dominated by alliances. Alliances care for their members and the wellfare of the alliance as whole. They don't care about who knows who and who is friend of whom. Because that's simply not their job. The existence of alliances acting like this is a natural outcome of the majority's will to play for power and domination.

WHY do you like to be defended by your galmates? Because you don't want to be roided. Because being roided means less income, less ships, less power. So YOUR interest also is power. Why do you now dislike the alliances of your friends telling them to remain neutral? Because you fear of losing power. It's not about friendship - you still are able to chat to your friends, have fun with them, make jokes, discuss about life, the universe and everything. If you define friendship by being helped in the struggle for power you will most likely find PA not entertaining.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 11:19   #22
Rappie

Lerxst ur making no sense really...
This game is not about power to me, it's about meeting/talking/arraing def, attacks stuff like that, but if alliances ruin that they ruin the fun...
has nothing to do with power
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 11:37   #23
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome to the world of planetary naps.
YOU choose your alliance, YOU choose your galmates. the risk you took with this was that your galmates'alliances could go to war with your alliance.
then you have some options:
1. stick it out as a whole: i.e.: fencesit and only hit alliances as galaxy that arent napped or allied to any galaxy-alliance. you and your galmates are now useless for your alliances.
2. take planetary naps, thats what they were mailing about
3. leave your alliance, then you are not hostile anymore
4. made your friends leave their alliance, could be forced if they defend you.

all in all: how do you like it that your galmates attack YOUR allies? how do you think THEY think about you and your principles atm?
fiddler123b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 11:42   #24
Rappie

I am not hostile Im neutral!
I havent said anything about our alliances going 2 war have I?????
it's a plain roiding attack with plain defence, no war, no nothing ok???
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 11:47   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
**** a duck
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 11:56   #26
Lerxst
baka.

Quote:
Lerxst ur making no sense really...
I do. If you care to "read" instead of "browsing through the words...

Quote:
This game is not about power to me, it's about meeting/talking/arraing def, attacks stuff like that,
It's not about power FOR YOU (neither for me personally). Care to let other ppl have their own goals? I do so and respect that other ppl have other intentions playing PA.

Quote:
but if alliances ruin that they ruin the fun...
has nothing to do with power
Alliances have "ruined the fun" of some ppl since r1. And this game has everything to do with power. It's those things called "roids" and "ships". If you play for pure fun, without any element of power then go play something different. Also YOU play for power. Maybe not for absolute power, but also YOU intend to keep roids.

Quote:
I am not hostile Im neutral!
...so are you're friends expected - to remain neutral...
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 13:51   #27
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
and razorback nice story, but that's not what's going on here....
This is no retal or anything it's just a normal attack and I'd like 2 put up a normal fight..

and the conclusion of ur story is... no matter what my weet friends can do no good 2 both?????
caus they'll either be hated by their alliance or hated my be?
Urms you dont happen to understand that this might actually be a scenario for your friends in WEET ?
How do you know its no retal, do you really check all outgoing fleets if they hit or defend vs friendly planets ?
And even if its not a retal and just a normal attack, you might have 1 weet person in your gal maybe 2, why should an alliance respect or see you as neutral because of this ?
And you said yourself you attack and defend whoever you like, thats your choice.
And indeed i wrote it from the alliance perspective as much as you might hate it, you bring your friends into trouble, for them its a no win / no win situation, doomed if they do, doomed if they dont.
But therefore they have the chance to leave their alliance, if they cant live with the rules i bet every alliance is more then happy to show them the door.

What you are stating is that you dont accept "alliances" and their "way of playing", you want to live in your utopian little universe where your friends are free men under a free sun, noone ordering them and no rules binding them, BUT and that is most important, you want THEM (before you think im talking about you again) to profit from the defences and attacks of an alliance.
This is very contradicting.

On a sidenote, if this was just a raid from XY alliance on your gal, your galm8s were also under attack, so infact it only benefits them from not beeing under fire and maybe losing roids. So actual by them staying neutral you dont gain anything and you dont lose anything. (i wonder how you played r8 btw as we have seen there alot of planetary nap situations where ppl sometimes even defended/attacked from the same gal the same targetplanet)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 09:38   #28
Jori.X.McKie

^^
I never thought i would agree a statement made by the DEVIL himself but i have too
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 10:28   #29
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: It has been said so many times...

Quote:
How lame weet is...
ok attacking me while Im in a weet gal, sure why not Im not weet myself....
but if u start msg-ing my gal members who might be weet not to defend me...
I thought this game was about some fighting, the more equal the better, I enjoy income now and then really, like trying to get defence, the stress etc

But if weet lamers start msg-ing my friends! who they dont even know, but they happen to fight under the same alliance..... and who are they to tell my friends not to defend me???
Damn u guys affraid of little resistance.. Im sorry not every1 gives u free roids, but u shouldnt act so lame if some1 tries 2 put up a fight really..

I assume you've been a hostile pain in the ass (much like me ) while sitting in the weet gal, in which case what did you expect? Anyone that thinks they can sit in a galaxy of any alliance and attack their members and allies without consequence is very niave.

If however you've done nothing against weet and are simply 'not weet' in a weet galaxy then that is a little bit mean (or greedy) of the people that attacked you - was it Wolfpack?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 08:56   #30
Rappie