User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Apr 2003, 10:46   #1
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
it seems times have changed

i'm a bit supprised but atm it seems like the weet block has a bit more performance in the actual war.
nothing wrong with one side winning just the way of natur in pa.
but the thing what supprise me is that wp (before called wpo) seems to be on the winning side this round. when i hear wp now the first thing what comes to my mind is mass recruting and lack of skill and organisation. i dunno if i see that fully right since i never was wp but for me it looks that way.

so my question is how is it possible that an alliance which can be set on an level like SL is able to win a round. or better is able to be in the winning powerblock ...

would for example Fury back in r3 teamed up with SL? i dont think so ...

perhaps somebody can explain ...

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 12:16   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
the round isn't over yet... is it ?
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 12:22   #3
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
the round isn't over yet... is it ?
It hasn't even begun imo. The bigger WEET become, the harder they will fall.

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 12:28   #4
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: it seems times have changed

Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope

Then again, maybe noone can.

Guess it has to do with their relation with Ely, and the reason Eclipse and ToT needed some allies. If you have to pick allies out of a small assortiment of alliances, you pick the 2 bigger/stronger ones i guess.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 12:43   #5
Galaxian

Galaxian is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
It hasn't even begun imo. The bigger WEET become, the harder they will fall.
LOL that is just so totally untrue of a game like PA. Once an alliance or block reaches a certain 'critical mass', no outside organisation will take them down. Only internal splits or divisions will.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 13:34   #6
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: it seems times have changed

Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope
i'm a bit supprised but atm it seems like the weet block has a bit more performance in the actual war.
nothing wrong with one side winning just the way of natur in pa.
but the thing what supprise me is that wp (before called wpo) seems to be on the winning side this round. when i hear wp now the first thing what comes to my mind is mass recruting and lack of skill and organisation. i dunno if i see that fully right since i never was wp but for me it looks that way.

so my question is how is it possible that an alliance which can be set on an level like SL is able to win a round. or better is able to be in the winning powerblock ...

would for example Fury back in r3 teamed up with SL? i dont think so ...

While I have not been in WP, I do know a bit about SL, and there are at least two fundamental differences between WP and SL:

1. SL had over 600 "members" at it's peak and was unable to controll its recruitment since as soon as 1 HC (usually that was me) closed recruitment, another one opened it again or just continued recruiting. I doubt WP has that problem.

2. when you mass-recruited back then you got huge numbers of newbs that never really showed up on irc etc. (we also had some pretty good members, but the mass was newb quality, which actually was partly intended by certain HCs in ordert to give those some chance/help/training as well). Nowadays you'll have to try very hard to find enough newbs to mass-recruits newbies. Hence the effects of mass recruitment nowadays are by far not as bad as when PA still had a large amount of newbies back in r3.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 14:02   #7
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
WP are crap, and only in a game (and round) as number and ally driven as this could such a bunch of poor players ever be on the winning side.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 14:09   #8
mastah

mastah is an unknown quantity at this point
Scouse, ur full of compliments

I have been in WP, and WP have good officers and HC's + some very good members. It's bullox to say that they are newbies.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 14:11   #9
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
well i dont know how its possibel but they say every time we have galmembers under attack, we almost never get def from wp, with theyre large member base it shouldnt be possibel to use up all defence. Aand they are on the winning side, how is it possibel?
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 14:25   #10
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
WP are crap, and only in a game (and round) as number and ally driven as this could such a bunch of poor players ever be on the winning side.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:19   #11
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
WP is among a group of alliances that, if able to stay on the winning side an entire round will have some galaxies that perform very well.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:33   #12
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
WP is among a group of alliances that, if able to stay on the winning side an entire round will have some galaxies that perform very well.
Thank you, Captain Obvious
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:36   #13
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
Thank you, Captain Obvious
That made me laugh. :/

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 16:57   #14
boss1
EVIL X-CeLL

boss1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse

maybe it tells you a bit about the lousing side????

or maybe you dont know what you are talking about????
R4:KRT
R5:TC/TX
R6:NOS/CELL
R7:CELL/WP
R8:WP
R9:WP
R9,5:WP
boss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 17:03   #15
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Salomo, your all wrong. There is still loads of n00bs in this game, fx people who still cry out for defence in public channels, and thinks the first to pm them is a BC..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 17:17   #16
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes WP is so crap that the FC are able to cover most/all def calls during the night.

WP is so crap that the #1 planet is WP.

WP is so crap that all the pack in my gal are top 200.

As for the mass recuiting thing, WP took in an influx of new players at the begining of the round, as many alliances do. They were sifted through with the best remaining on in WP, and those who didnt cut it being kicked out.

How exactly is that any different from any other alliance?

And a final note, your simply saying this because
1) Your most likely sore from being roided by us
2) You wern't on the winning side.

Tough **** eh?
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 18:09   #17
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
If I were you I'd keep attention off your #1 planet and how exactly it gained it's position there. You might upset your HC.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 18:15   #18
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yes WP is so crap that the FC are able to cover most/all def calls during the night.
Why wont u send def to my gc then?
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 19:15   #19
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by boss1
maybe it tells you a bit about the lousing side????
What a lousy reply...

But - heh - yes. WP are on that side that can be considered as "winners" if the round would end now. Hence the other side can learn. There is always a reason why someone wins. Blaming fate is a lame excuse. Anyways - the reason is not always "quality" (whatever this means in PA...)
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 21:13   #20
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

As for the mass recuiting thing, WP took in an influx of new players at the begining of the round, as many alliances do. They were sifted through with the best remaining on in WP, and those who didnt cut it being kicked out.

Tough **** eh?
There are 4 allainces worth of galay protection right now that could produce the #1 player. What alliance the #1 player in has nothing to do with anything. It just so happens that a wp powerplayer has gotten the right combo of luck and good moves atm. It doesnt say anything about wp other than wp has that player in it. There are about 8 alliances in PA that have players capable of being #1 in the right political circumstances.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 21:24   #21
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
There are 4 allainces worth of galay protection right now that could produce the #1 player. What alliance the #1 player in has nothing to do with anything. It just so happens that a wp powerplayer has gotten the right combo of luck and good moves atm. It doesnt say anything about wp other than wp has that player in it. There are about 8 alliances in PA that have players capable of being #1 in the right political circumstances.
hmmm would i be too blatantly obvious which #1 just got deleted?:S heh

well i won't ask that then i guess
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 22:22   #22
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Tough **** eh?
WP makes themselves look like the joke of this round. Their fellow WEET HC are less than pleased with their actions. Shamefull is the only name for WP actions atm. They may lead but their lead smells...badly

hAl
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 03:52   #23
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
its good to see nothing has changed and the same ppl continue to slander wp on the boards.

ignorance is bliss they say....
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 04:58   #24
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by aza1
its good to see nothing has changed and the same ppl continue to slander wp on the boards.

They are just sore, and besides, as the saying goes.

Its the winners that write history.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 05:34   #25
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by aza1

In order to slander, the statements must be false.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 07:20   #26
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
most probably WP will not win as they will be sacked by the rest of (w)eet

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 08:21   #27
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
In order to slander, the statements must be false.
my point exactly...
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 08:22   #28
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Sjor
most probably WP will not win as they will be sacked by the rest of (w)eet

Wow... I'm in awe.. The level in this thread is simply amazing..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 13:11   #29
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
*yawn*

Even when WP are winning people still slag us off... well look at the planet rankings, even if 1 member was closed, it doesnt stop the rest being there.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 05:35   #30
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Salomo, your all wrong. There is still loads of n00bs in this game, fx people who still cry out for defence in public channels, and thinks the first to pm them is a BC..
No, the n00bs i'm talking about didn't even know a BC existed and that def calls aren't simply made in the public channel :-/

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 23:23   #31
Tawg
the Mantis

Tawg is an unknown quantity at this point
if you have people cheating in your alliance, doesnt that say something about you?

You know the mantis ledgends? thats where it all started. It was fighting of this black bird, it was only a 10th of the birds size. it was a very valued insect. and thats why the technique needs a brave man and a strong one, who isnt afraid of birds.
Tawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 00:52   #32
Imm0
-= NoS =-

Imm0 is an unknown quantity at this point
This round is FAR from over.. ^^

:e_chick: lol
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 03:54   #33
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Why don't you cover my friend's ETA 8 Peg incomings then, if you're so in control

:e_chick: these smilies rock btw
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 08:41   #34
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
you dont really expect a reply to that....?