User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:22   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Actually, I pretty much like the Sid method to resolve this isseu

Boot your own members and roid them dry. Slowly working up to the top while keeping the rest down.

Risc factor : 0%
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:25   #2
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
?
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:28   #3
[7]Gunn3r

Quote:
Originally posted by Treveler
?
He was speaking when it was stagnant, find lame reasons to boot your members and then roid them, one by one and keep the most elite and loyal core together.
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:30   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
hey Gunner, long time no see
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:35   #5
[7]Gunn3r

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
hey Gunner, long time no see
hey=)

Indeed, I tried to create an account yesterday and to my great surprise I wasn't banned, got me started posting.

Guess I gotta stay calm tho =\

PM me on board or IRC if you need to speak to me=)
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:35   #6
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by [7]Gunn3r
He was speaking when it was stagnant, find lame reasons to boot your members and then roid them, one by one and keep the most elite and loyal core together.
heh, that sounds like a nasty thing to do!
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:39   #7
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve
thats just l33t fury/sid tactics
§pa¢e¢ook¦e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:45   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by §pa¢e¢ook¦e
thats just l33t fury/sid tactics
Funny that as a Fury Exec I never witnessed or were involved in such tactics. The closest I ever did was kicking some Wrath and then roiding them dry. (Not me personally).

In fact, I can remember Sid kicking members for inactivity or breaking rules and there was no point in letting others get the roids first. Sid was never a greedy player - he never defected, never put himself above his alliance and always helped out members even at cost to his ranking.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:49   #9
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Funny that as a Fury Exec I never witnessed or were involved in such tactics. The closest I ever did was kicking some Wrath and then roiding them dry. (Not me personally).

In fact, I can remember Sid kicking members for inactivity or breaking rules and there was no point in letting others get the roids first. Sid was never a greedy player - he never defected, never put himself above his alliance and always helped out members even at cost to his ranking.
Err r3 ?

Penguins galaxy (33:21 afaik) got booted and roided by Sid and Idler personally.

and there was this c44 lad that had protection for a long time then got roided to ****. His name was all in capitals, but it's 2 years ago.

r5 When he gave his gal a lot of retals.

He did always play with the knowledge of where his intrests were to say it mildly.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:58   #10
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Err r3 ?

Penguins galaxy (33:21 afaik) got booted and roided by Sid and Idler personally.

and there was this c44 lad that had protection for a long time then got roided to ****. His name was all in capitals, but it's 2 years ago.

r5 When he gave his gal a lot of retals.

He did always play with the knowledge of where his intrests were to say it mildly.
So kicking inactive members or members that only abuse their position within a top alliance is against 'moral's now?

Sid never played in "his" interests. He played for Fury, for the alliance. He would never kick members to weaken the alliance (i.e members who contribute to the alliance and are following all Fury rules).

For reference sake, Sid was the best person who knew activities for members within Fury. (Up until r6).

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:59   #11
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
So kicking inactive members or members that only abuse their position within a top alliance is against 'moral's now?

Sid never played in "his" interests. He played for Fury, for the alliance. He would never kick members to weaken the alliance (i.e members who contribute to the alliance and are following all Fury rules).

For reference sake, Sid was the best person who knew activities for members within Fury. (Up until r6).
The r3 gal i am talking about was just about to get INTO fury.

But indeed, most of the time sid played for Fury, he was Fury.

I remember r4 when they moved all the roids in 169:11 to The Blue Pond or something since he was small and he was easy to cover on a raid.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:02   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Yea they used that cool roid bank system in Round 4 with one planet dishing resources to the others.

Theamion the answer earlier was yes btw.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:04   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Yea they used that cool roid bank system in Round 4 with one planet dishing resources to the others.

Theamion the answer earlier was yes btw.
Also remember that Hoosiak dude from NoS that farmed his gal 24/7 and actually sucked bigtime ?

heh, pm me question again, i've been 'busy'
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:04   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
The r3 gal i am talking about was just about to get INTO fury.

But indeed, most of the time sid played for Fury, he was Fury.

I remember r4 when they moved all the roids in 169:11 to The Blue Pond or something since he was small and he was easy to cover on a raid.
Since I wasnt command then I can't really debate the issue. We would require Sid or Idler to post.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:27   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Also remember that Hoosiak dude from NoS that farmed his gal 24/7 and actually sucked bigtime ?

heh, pm me question again, i've been 'busy'
hoosiak was a cool guy I think he claimed he was roid banking to I remeber that everyone though he was Sid for like half the round.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:28   #16
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
hoosiak was a cool guy I think he claimed he was roid banking to I remeber that everyone though he was Sid for like half the round.
we did spread that rumour.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:30   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
we did spread that rumour.
Nasty liars It was someone in your gal who wrote that song taking the piss out of Sid wasn't it ?
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:33   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Nasty liars It was someone in your gal who wrote that song taking the piss out of Sid wasn't it ?
yeah bedwyr.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:37   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hehe have to dig that out was rather funny at the time
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 03:01   #20
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Sid did kick people to get roids from them, but only people who were inactives, galaxies carrying the Fury tag who didnt deserve it.

Its a cuase and effect issue. It could have been that during stagnation he got greedy. But the real issue was that only during stagnation did he have the time and energy to look at individual galaxies for inactives. Yes he did it for roids, not mostly for himself, but most of all he did it because those players were getting Fury protection without actually being Fury.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 03:02   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Sid did kick people to get roids from them, but only people who were inactives, galaxies carrying the Fury tag who didnt deserve it.

Its a cuase and effect issue. It could have been that during stagnation he got greedy. But the real issue was that only during stagnation did he have the time and energy to look at individual galaxies for inactives. Yes he did it for roids, not mostly for himself, but most of all he did it because those players were getting Fury protection without actually being Fury.
yup \o/
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 13:51   #22
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Re: Actually, I pretty much like the Sid method to resolve this isseu

Quote:
Boot your own members and roid them dry. Slowly working up to the top while keeping the rest down.

Risc factor : 0%
Wow.. Nice recruitment thread mate Can I join you alliance please?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 13:53   #23
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Re: Re: Actually, I pretty much like the Sid method to resolve this isseu

Quote:
Originally posted by -CP-
Wow.. Nice recruitment thread mate Can I join you alliance please?
Didn't I do it to you r7 ?

... whoops.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:53   #24
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Since I wasnt command then I can't really debate the issue. We would require Sid or Idler to post.
well you post anyway dont you? sid gave his gal retal 4 times in round 5 on my gal, none of the times did my gal member def or attack/piggy close or nearby theire coords.
so how can you tell us how sid played? youre a command person that gets your kicks from bossing other players around, youre useless as a pa player.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:58   #25
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve
Zh|l r7 fury did it, and i was in that gal altho it was always denied and later stated as retal well i dont have to tell you what i my gal and alot of others thought of that , the person at first got told he was giving info out to another alliance which wasnt true i know this will be denied of ever happening, those threads of that will be somewhere here on the boards with topic l33t fury tactics or something similar, so you can read them what was said there not that it matters.
§pa¢e¢ook¦e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 18:02   #26
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by §pa¢e¢ook¦e
Zh|l r7 fury did it, and i was in that gal altho it was always denied and later stated as retal well i dont have to tell you what i my gal and alot of others thought of that , the person at first got told he was giving info out to another alliance which wasnt true i know this will be denied of ever happening, those threads of that will be somewhere here on the boards with topic l33t fury tactics or something similar, so you can read them what was said there not that it matters.
iirc alby publicly resigned (which was refused) for that incident. As much wrong that happened with r7 fury, this was one of the mistakes they tried to make right.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 20:35   #27
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If my alliance kicked members so they could be roided, i'd leave them. Promptly.

-Necro
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 21:39   #28
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
If my alliance kicked members so they could be roided, i'd leave them. Promptly.

-Necro
What if the members kicked were defence leeches who contributed nothing?
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 22:26   #29
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Yet Another Stupid And Pointless Thread (tm).

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:28   #30
Yeh_of_Arcanum

Yeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these parts
Yea i saw that r3 kickout too...That round Fury really used nice tactics...kicked major Quhas from their cluster alliances and attacked inside clusters...until they noticed we can kick back inside clusters too And then after we were killed those kind started to happen...must have been one sucky round

Logbat: We got 1 retal to ur galaxy if i remember coords right and then me, Sid, Ghengis, Nobel and Sandman launched on ur biggest guy. 0.5M ships and several big guys attacking, so it wasnt really too delicious one. But surely worth time. And other retals that round...I got most of those i think but i never really had any official states there back...I just told ppl i got retals and now i come. Sid is really lousy to give retal rights

And about which side Sid plays...his own or his alliances...thats something none of us can answer

PA r5: 10:13:20 - Smudge the Ignored of Sect [Fury][Quha] - #11 - gal #4
SS r3: 1:16:18 - Kukko of Tunkio [O^O][Quha] - #2 - gal #7
MW r1: 1:44:10 - Yeh of Arcanum [Quha] - #1 - gal #1
PL r5: 43:5:2 - Dictator of This Galaxy [Cathexis][Quha] - #1 - gal #1
Speed PA r2 2:24:8 - Dictator of This Galaxy [T&P] - #10 - gal KIA
Yeh_of_Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:00   #31
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
iirc alby publicly resigned (which was refused) for that incident. As much wrong that happened with r7 fury, this was one of the mistakes they tried to make right.
I can't really remember. I dont think this is what Alby attempted to resign for. I think he admitted to some ****up and thus felt that resignation was for the best.

I'm debating that it was ever a 'tactic' used by Fury.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:12   #32
Zh|l
Inquisitor

[quote]Originally posted by logbat
[b]well you post anyway dont you? sid gave his gal retal 4 times in round 5 on my gal, none of the times did my gal member def or attack/piggy close or nearby theire coords.

I post because I know about r5 and onwards. As for your gal, Yeh already answered that.

Quote:
Originally posted by logbat
so how can you tell us how sid played? youre a command person that gets your kicks from bossing other players around, youre useless as a pa player.
Because whenever I have had time I have always spoken to Sid? Because at the Fury meets, I've gone into discussion of things with Sid as to "why" he did some things and generally for his opinion. Just because I am not Sid does not mean I know nothing about how Sid played or dealt with things - his methods were what I felt worked best.

You amusingly don't seem to know anything about me, or at least are trying to twist elements of the truth to your advantage. I don't get 'kicks' out of command - if I could be a normal peon I would much rather be that. However my skill within the game itself is correctly not that good. My last good planet was in r4, which was ironic considering it was the round where Fury did not do very good. Thing is, whilst my planet was good then I managed to set up the scene politically in my para to help give Fury a comeback. The success with r5 Wrath gave me all the prestige I needed/deserved. I had done my job for Fury. Once PA moved onto the other races, I lost interest in the game itself. I was burnt out from r5 and as it worked out wasn't prepared to get myself involved in the new races.

I still havent, thus why I am not good within the game itself. I need to learn the stats, but I just don't want too. I'm stubborn like that. Regardless, my skills come into play in the diplomatic/political/internal regions. An alliance oddly enough needs people like me to survive, it can't run on BC's alone.

But I'll finish there, I don't need to prove myself to you Mr Logbat. I've got my history. I'm proud of it. You can argue till you are blue in the face, but the facts of my contributions will slam you down again.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:12   #33
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I can't really remember. I dont think this is what Alby attempted to resign for. I think he admitted to some ****up and thus felt that resignation was for the best.
That is correct, there was a bollox up and he resigned.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 19:48   #34
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeh there was 4.
1 early
2 right before news scan(thats the 1 i got most upset over cuzz there was no proofs 1 right after the other becuz the 80 pods that was sendt was killed so we had to give him 3 ticks or whole gal was roided,rampage was agreeing to that.

and the one he took whole his gal against promise on,did you get an reason for that 1 btw yeh??

Zhil youre right we can argee on this intill we get blue,i on the other side dont think you have so mutch fact but more like "oh my daddy sid is right" its like other ppl grow up to certain religions.
dont think you know about all his actions cuzz you havent followd the game close enough. But i must say what you lack in game skill you make up for in political and command areas.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 21:30   #35
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Quote:
yeah bedwyr.
**** IN YER FACE
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 00:38   #36
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Tesla
**** IN YER FACE

FEAR TEH SPANNISH ATTACK.