User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 26 Nov 2002, 11:08   #1
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
msn 5

can someone tell me the reasons for upgrading to msn5 ?

the graphics are just as crap as ever, the popups are in a different place, adn the fscking adverts wont go away (the tabs for places like tesco.com).

dont bother upgrading theres nothing special..

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 11:10   #2
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
i've already gone back to 4.7. i think i managed to last 30 seconds before the ads pissed me off. (i was using windows messenger before, not msn messenger, so i didn't have any ads...)
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 11:23   #3
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
i dont see any tabs left
i dont care about the ads, its not like i have the window open all day, i use right click > send priv message

the only thing that bothers me is 4.7 opening when i open 5.0, or the inverse, but its actually nice to be able to log in to 2 accounts at same time
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 11:39   #4
TheShadow

TheShadow is on a distinguished road
And if you are using MS GameVoice or MSNPlus be prepared to not use those programs until they are updated (unless you downgrade)
TheShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 11:40   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
ads?
You mean the popups, or the ones in the MSN window?
The popups can be removed (in options somewhere) and I haven't really noticed those in the main window...

I haven't really seen any shocking new features (I haven't been looking for those tho)
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 11:44   #6
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
i get no ads

tools, show tabs, untick to get rid of the tabs

mine stayed gone
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 13:09   #7
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
I'm still using v3.6.

I neatly avoided v4.x, mainly due to the XP-style interface and homosexual oversized smilies.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 13:36   #8
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
? are we talking MSN explorer or MSM as in Microsoft Messenger?
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:06   #9
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
MSNM - the Microsoft Network Messenger

As opposed to windows messenger (which comes with XP) which is an MSNM client but isn't actually MSNM.

MSNE is something entirely different and even more hideous.

Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:14   #10
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
the messenger..

sorry for the confusion

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:16   #11
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
No worries, just that a lot of people refer to the messenger as MSN and some people talk about the MSN explorer as MSN.

Both of which are evil - Im sticking with Y!M